Bill, We Need to Talk - 750 Words

Story Info
She tells her husband of her important decision.
922 words
4.36
14.2k
20
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This very short story is submitted for the 750 Word Project 2024 as well as the Pink Orchid 2024 for Women-Centric Erotica Challenge.

Please note that the 750-Word Story Event features stories which are exactly 750 words long, the minimum length of stories allowed on this site. They tend to be narrow in focus and/or cover a short period of time. As such, they cannot provide the same degree of eroticism or fulfilling narrative as do longer and more traditional stories. Many writers here at Literotica enjoy the challenge of creating an entertaining or provocative 750-word story so please read, vote and comment with this in mind.

-----

"Bill, we need to talk.

"I know, I know every man fears those words but it won't change the fact that we need to talk. And I'm going to do all of the talking for now, so please, just hear me out.

"I've been doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of thinking here lately and I've come to a pretty big decision. I know it may not sit well with you, but it's for the best. You see, I'm thinking I might get involved with another man.

"I know this may be hard for you but before you go ballistic, please let me explain. OK?

"First, maybe I should remind you about my life. When we met, I fell head over heels in love with you. I couldn't believe how lucky I was and to this day I'm so glad that I met you and you fell in love with little ol' me, a girl from Topeka, who was still trying to get used to living on the coast.

"Remember, I was very naïve when we met. And when you asked me to marry you, I was the happiest girl alive. Remember our engagement night? I do. It was the first night I had ever slept with a man. Yeah, it was a little uncomfortable, but I willingly gave you what I could give to only one man and I'm forever glad it was you.

"Now, you never told me for sure, but I know you had slept with at least one other before me, maybe more. But the number isn't important. What's important is the fact that I've only been with one man my entire life. And that man is you.

"But I'm now beginning to wonder if that's the way it should be. Should I never sleep with another man? Should I go to my grave wondering about how another man would feel in me? Should I never know what it's like to love another man?

"I know you are probably upset with me, but please understand I love you. And I will always love you. I just want, I just need to know what it's like to be in the arms of another man.

"Now, you probably are wondering how or who or where this might all happen. And I'll be honest; I don't know yet. But there is a man, a man who might be the one.

"Who is it? Well, Kaylee's best buddy is Shannon; you remember her, don't you? Those two can't be peeled apart with a crowbar and they're on the soccer team together. I've met Jim, Shannon's father. He's very nice. Divorced. Apparently his ex-wife isn't in the picture much, if at all. We stand together at soccer matches and talk about the girls, the game and, of course, about ourselves. Jim's pleasant, polite and definitely not pushy. But I've gotten the idea he is interested in me, very interested in me. He seeks me out at the matches, he laughs at my lame jokes and listens, really listens to what I say, not like so many other men do.

"We haven't gone out or anything, except for one lunch. We were at a soccer tournament and he invited me over to the roach coach for tacos al carbon. They were pretty good, actually. Well, anyway, when we were walking there our hands bumped and I suddenly wanted to hold his, but he pulled back. You see, he respects me. I ended up holding his arm by his elbow but that was all the touching we've done. But I see it in his eyes: he wants me. A lot. Women know these things, Honey, they simply do. And I confess, I want him.

"But he's too much of a gentleman to push and I'll need to initiate things. And I believe, I am sure, he's a good one to explore this whole aspect of my life with.

"So, Honey, please understand that I need this. No one could ever replace you in my life but I don't want to die without ever having loved another man. So now I'm looking to you for your approval. I know you can't talk to me but please give me a sign and remember, I'll always love you."

A sudden, strong gust in the trees loosened a few maple leaves, one of which fell and snuffed out the candle sitting in front of the gravestone of "William Smith - Devoted Father and Loving Husband."

-----

I had difficulty choosing the best category for this unusual story and enlisted the help of several other authors who shall remain anonymous. All of them suggested this best fit in the Romance category. While the final decision was ultimately mine, I thank them for their input.

Trionyx - February 2024 Votes and comments are appreciated. Thank you.