Black and Blue Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I second the motion!" Reginald B.F. Lewis said loudly.

"Mr. Mayor," said John Colby, "I move that we go in to Executive Session to discuss this motion."

"Why?" snarled Kelly Carnes. "Why can't this be discussed in front of the People of the County?"

"I second the motion!" Dagmar Schoen said quickly in retaliatory response to Carnes.

Mayor Allgood said "It's based upon the advice of City Attorney Dennis Garland. There's a seconded motion on the floor..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Sheriff and I joined the Council and the Sergeant-At-Arms in the private Council Chamber. As we were walking up to the room, I checked in with Teresa.

"They got a barrier up, cutting off Riverside Drive from College Avenue," I told the Sheriff quietly, "but they couldn't get one set up at Elm Street. So Riverside Drive can be secured going south, but not north if the demonstrators get ugly about it." The Sheriff nodded.

"If you need my authority behind you to enforce clearing Riverside," growled the Sheriff, "I'll give the word." I nodded in acknowledgement.

"Okay," said Mayor Allgood as everyone found their seats and made use of them, "let's get the Second Reading out of the way, on the motion for Detective Perry's medal. Without objection?" There were five immediate objections. The vote was 5-5.

"The Council being evenly divided," Allgood said, "the Mayor votes 'Yea', and the motion carries." He turned to me and the Sheriff and said "You can make that presentation at any time, Commander Troy." I nodded in acquiescence and thanks, then glanced at Susan Weston, whose eyes were smoldering with hatred.

"Commander," asked the Mayor, "what is the situation like outside? Will we be able to safely get out of here?"

"It's the Police's job to get us out of here safely." snarled Kelly Carnes.

"And yet you made a motion that we ask the Assembly to defund the Police." retorted J.P. Goldman.

"POINT OF ORDER!" yelled five Democrats.

"Denied!" said the Mayor. "Mr. Goldman's comment pointing out the hypocrisy of Mrs. Carnes's statement is absolutely correct, and it was she that spoke out of turn. Commander?"

The Sheriff and I had been checking our Police iPhones for texts, and I said "You can exit the garage and go south on Riverside Drive and then back into the Downtown District. But you can't go north."

"And why not?" snarled Kelly Carnes.

"Well, you can go north," I said, "but you'll be surrounded by demonstrators."

Sheriff Griswold added: "And we're not going to force them back as long as they aren't getting violent."

"Before the Sheriff and Troy leave," Kelly Carnes said, "I want them to tell us what their contingency plans are for any riots."

I replied "We have several plans ready to go, depending on the situation. Peaceful demonstrations will be allowed to happen, but if any violence starts up, we'll shut it down."

Carnes said "Thanks for nothing with that vague statement. I'm asking for you to brief this Council on the details of your plans to shut down any violence. How many Officers will be involved? What type of force and what weapons will be used? Where are you deploying your Officers lying in wait for any protests?"

"We will deploy to where the violence is, of course." I said. "But let me be clear: I am not telling you, Mrs. Carnes, the exact details of our plans and contingencies, so that you can go running to the Media and the protesters and give them that information."

"I resent your insinuation!" Carnes shouted. "And when a Member of this Council asks for a detailed briefing, you will give us one!"

"Like hell." said the Sheriff. "You are not the boss of me, nor of my Public Safety Officers."

"And it's not an 'insinuation', Mrs. Carnes." I said. "I'm outright stating that I believe you want that briefing so that you can give it to our Enemy, the Media, and to the professional agitators ginning up the unrest."

"You son of a bitch!" Kelly Carnes snarled. "I asked you a question----"

"POINT OF ORDER!" yelled five Republicans.

"Agreed!" said Mayor Allgood. "You just crossed the line, Carnes. Apologize for that remark or I'll have you removed----"

"You go to hell, Allgood!" Kelly Carnes replied. "It'll be a cold day there before I ever apologize to that son of a bitch Donald Troy! Go ahead, have me arrested, you racist, illegitimate Mayor! I'll just tell the Media that you're doing it to stop me from pressing my resolution calling for defunding the Police, and those demonstrators will burn this Town to the ground!"

"That's sedition!" snarled J.P. Goldman. "Commander Troy, will you please arrest Kelly Carnes? I'll press the sedition charges myself."

"Hold on, Crowbar." said the Sheriff as I was about to get up to effect the arrest. "Mr. Goldman, we can't arrest Mrs. Carnes for sedition until she actually causes violence. Mr. Mayor, may I recommend adjourning before tensions actually get high enough to warrant Mrs. Carnes's arrest?"

"I move to adjourn." said Jack Colby.

"I second. " said Ian McGhillie.

The vote 4-6 against adjournment. In a surprisingly bipartisan vote, only Colby, McGhillie, Susan Weston and Malinda Adams voted against the adjournment. The Sheriff pretty much dragged me out of the meeting...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Sheriff was riding shotgun in my Police SUV as I pulled out of the parking lot onto Riverside Drive. We could see that the TCPD had managed to put up a roadblock on Riverside but south of Elm Street, and demonstrators were blocking Riverside north of the roadblock. Riverside Drive was also blocked off south of Police Headquarters so that demonstrators could not (easily) reach it.

"May I ask a question, Sheriff?" I said.

"Why I stopped you from arresting that whore Carnes?" the Sheriff replied. I nodded and he said "When you pointed out that Carnes wanted that briefing so that she could tell the Enemy what our contingency plans are and get around them, I realized she had some plan in mind. She was goading Daniel into having her arrested and kicked out, and I suspect that's part of the plan."

Griswold continued: "I'm sure you realized that, Crowbar, but you were just a bit too eager to arrest Carnes, so I stopped you. It's like in chess... sometimes its best to make a fortifying move rather than attack prematurely without proper preparation."

"You are the Master." I said. "I am but the Class C chessplayer."

"Modesty is a human trait, Crowbar." said the Chief. "I've seen you play chess. You give Timmy Austin a better game than most of the rest of us do. And your rating is 1826, a Class A rating."

"Touché. But you're right about the political situation here, Sheriff." I said as we pulled into the gated parking lot of Police Headquarters. "It's devolving into checkers... just brute force is all there is about it.

"I do have one other question, sir." I said. "My Angels and I are wondering why you are not at our coffee klatches."

"Let's go inside, and I'll tell you over a shot or two of that medicinal bourbon in your drawer." the Sheriff replied. That was a deal I could accept...

Part 25 - Ceremonies and Cautions

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Wednesday, May 13th, from the rooftop of the building at Riverside and College, with City Hall in the background. "An explosive Council meeting dissolves into acrimony!"

Bettina began: "Councilwoman Kelly Carnes introduced a resolution asking the Town & County Assembly to convene and defund the Police, after several incidents across the State, including one in this County that involved Commander Donald Troy. Unsurprisingly, the Council Republicans banded together to block the symbolic but powerful message for black rights and against Police brutality!"

Bettina: "The motion was defeated on a strictly party-line vote, with the Mayor making a point to go on record by casting the vote to defeat the reasonable measure. Additionally, Republican Ian McGhillie refused to recuse himself for the vote, despite the fact that his son Roy McGhillie is a TCPD Officer, which further embittered the Democrats on the Council at the fundamental dishonesty of McGhillie and his fellow Republicans."

Bettina: "And now let's go to trusted political reporter Lester Holder for more on the growing crisis Statewide. Lester!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said Holder as he came onto the screen. He was once again in the Jasmine Club parking lot, surrounded by young blacks in red Antifa shirts or black 'Black Lives Matter' shirts. "Peaceful protests of the abuse of People of Color by white Police Officers were held yesterday and through the night in the City, Midtown, and Southport. A demonstration here in our Town & County was broken up by Town & County Police, using abusive tactics to force the peaceful protesters to disperse."

Holder: "In the City, demonstrators created a Police-free zone in the Ferguson Park district, near where Kenny Taylor was brutally gunned down by a white City Police Officer. Barricades have been set up, and City Police who tried to enter the zone were surrounded by hundreds of peaceful protesters. City Mayor Lucian Phelps, former State Senator Maxine Watts, and several City Council members demanded that the City Police and State Patrol honor the Police-free zone and not attempt to go into it."

Back to Bettina: "Thank you for that insightful report, Lester! And now let's go to Amber Harris, for a report on the situation in Midtown. Amber!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said Amber Harris, who was in front of a 'green screen' with an image of the State Capitol behind her. "Demonstrations in Midtown have been largely peaceful, but a Police-free zone was established in the Inner Midtown district. State Rep Tasheeka Harris, who represents that district in the State Legislature, has demanded that the Midtown Police stay out of that area. Midtown Police Chief Frank Soltis has said that he will not respect that Police-free zone, but so far has not sent any Police Officers into it."

Bettina; "Amber, what is deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared's response to the peaceful protests?"

Amber: "There has been no official response from the lame-duck Governor nor his Office, but sources tell Channel Two News and other Media outlets that the Governor has been in touch with the City Police Commissioner, Whitney 'Buck' Savage, Midtown Police Chief Frank Soltis, and our Town & County Sheriff Antonio Griswold, urging that their respective Police Forces violently crack down on the largely black peaceful demonstrators."

"Thank you, Amber!" said Bettina as the screen came back to her. "And US DOJ Civil Rights Division spokesperson Jocelyn Moran has stated that her Division is carefully watching Town & County Mayor Daniel Allgood and Police Commander Donald Troy, and that any TCPD action of violence against peaceful black protesters will bring, quote 'strong retribution' unquote, by the Federal Government against Allgood and Troy..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Penis Holder outright lied." said Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle as we drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room. "We didn't do anything to disperse that demonstration near City Hall. It dispersed of its own accord right after the Council Meeting ended and the Council Members and the Mayor left."

"Get a statement out to the Press saying that." growled Sheriff Griswold. The happiness amongst most of us at his presence could not be overstated. "And demand a retraction from KXTC." he continued.

"And while you're at it," I said, "demand that KXTC clarify my role in the incident with McCombs, and report that I stopped it."

"We can't doooo that, Mr. Crowbarrr." said Chief Moynahan. "Dennis Garland says that will cause the TCPD to be liable for McCombs's actions."

"With all due respect, Chief," I said, half turning in my chair towards him, "Dennis Garland can go to hell. I'm tired of KXTC's insinuations that I was part of that in a negative way. People need to know I stopped it, so that when the real shit hits the fan, they'll know I'm not the bad guy, here." Teresa was nodding vigorously in agreement.

"KFXU has already said you stopped it." tried the Chief.

"The people that need to hear it aren't watching the Fox channel, Chief!" I replied. "If Cindy and Captain Thompson don't add it to the statement about Holder lying, I'll make my own statement."

The Chief looked more than a little displeased at that, and Captain Tanya P. Muscone intervened by saying "Those protests, especially in the City, aren't peaceful. Several businesses in the Ferguson Park area of the City were set on fire, and the Fire Department was stopped from going to put out the fires... by the City Mayor and politicians there. My question is: why haven't they tried to get violent here?"

"They're scared of the Iron Crowbar." Teresa said.

"I wish it was, but that's not it." I said. "I get a real sense that they're waiting for something, and once whatever they're waiting for happens, they'll start acting like the thugs in Midtown and the City. But I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth... we're having J.J. Perry's ceremony in the Auditorium at 9:00am, and I'll be able to address the Force about all this before anything really bad has happened."

"Okayyyy." said the Chief. "Commander Ross, I need to speak with you in my office before this Department puts out any press statements. I'll see the rest of you at the ceremonyyyyy..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

8:00am sharp, Wednesday, May 13th. Every Police Officer on the Force, of every Shift and every Precinct, was in the Main Auditorium at Headquarters, as Auxiliary Officers and Civilian volunteers manned the duty desks and other nominal functions.

They stood and came to attention as the Police Chief, Deputy Chief, and Police Commander came into the room, wearing our semi-formal jackets with ribbons over our uniform shirts, and Cindy and I (and Teresa) wearing our Medals of Valor. Chief Moynahan took the podium.

"Thank you. Stand at ease, but please remain standing for this special award. Detective Perry, please come up." J.J. Perry, wearing his semi-formal uniform, came up onto the stage.

I read the proclamation, which praised J.J. Perry's years of undercover work that led to the arrest of many perps and the removal of drugs from getting to our children, and ended with "... for his sacrifice and his actions, Detective J.J. Perry is awarded the Distinguished Service Medal."

And as Cindy held the box and the Chief pinned the TCPD's third-highest award on Perry's jacket, the Police Force began applauding. For two full minutes, Perry was subjected to the long, thunderous ovation.

Afterward, Chief Moynahan said "And now Commander Troy has a few words for you. Commander?"

"Thank you, Chief." I said, taking the wireless microphone and affixing it to the lapel of my uniform jacket. "Take your seats, please." As one, the Police Force sat down.

"I think you all know that there have been several incidents all over the State, and are beginning to spread all over the Nation." I said. "You also know that we've had an incident in this County, and despite the lies of KXTC, you know that I was able to prevent that incident from becoming a tragedy."

I began walking around as I said "I'm not saying that to give myself airs; quite the opposite. What I want you to know is that if any of you, from the Chief and me to the newest Rookies on the force, sees someone committing an action that you know is wrong, interdict it and stop it! And if and when you do, I will back you up all the way, as will the Chief and the Operations Commander!"

"It is my belief," I said as I walked up and down the aisle, "that this Police Force is

going to be thoroughly tested in the coming days. We will allow peaceful protests and demonstrations, the operative word being 'peaceful'. But if those protests turn into violent riots, you will be asked to oppose that violence. And then you will be subjected to the full hatred and condemnation of the deeply corrupt Mainstream Media. I want you to know that no matter what filth the Media says, I have your backs!" The Police Force applauded.

"I need only one thing from you." I said as I returned to the front of the room, standing just in front of the stage. "I need your commitment to the Constitution, to the rule of Law, and to the service and protection of our law-abiding Citizens, their lives and their property. I know you are well trained. I know you are outstanding Police Officers; that's why I have you wearing the TCPD badge. And I know that you will stand up and do you duty in the face of violence, and in the face of a relentless enemy, the Media, hurling its insults at you."

I was about to conclude, when I saw Mayor Daniel Allgood, who had just come in the side door. "Mr. Mayor, do you want to address the Force?"

"If you don't mind, Commander." said Daniel, coming up to me. I handed him the wireless microphone, and he just held it as he spoke: "Thank you, Chief, Commander, for allowing me a moment to speak to you. I just want to tell you that while the politicians in the City and other places are doing all they can to hurt their Police and cower before the violent agitators, you should know that the Town & County Police Force will have the full backing of this Mayor. You won't hear of any orders from me to stand down, nor of condemnation of you as you do your duty!"

The Police Force rose to its collective feet and gave the Mayor a thunderous round of applause. They knew, as I knew, that what Daniel Allgood was doing for them was worth its weight in pure gold: unlike the cowardly politicians that weren't backing their Police, and even trying to defund the Police, our Mayor was supporting our Police.

It would make all the difference.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After watching a DVR of the 8:00am KFXU broadcast, which made it clear that the protests were not as 'peaceful' as the non-Fox Media was portraying them, I started the Angels meeting.

"I'm not staying." said Cindy, getting up. "I just came in to tell you that the Chief has instructed me to put out the statement to the Press only about what Penis Holder said this morning, and not to say anything about your involvement in the McCombs incident." The gloom that statement created in my office could've been cut with a katana.

Cindy continued: "He also said he'd talk to you directly and privately about Press statements concerning you."

"All right. We'll talk later." I said in a clear dismissal. After Cindy left the office, I said "Okay, what do you guys have for me?"

Tanya handed me a folder with some papers and photos in it, and a placard on the outside that said 'TCPD SECRET'. "I had Detectives from MCD, Vice, and Intel following the Media around. As you can see in these photos, Lester Holder was meeting with groups of people all over Town. What surprised me the most was that only a couple of those groups were black Antifa people. He met with groups of white people that we've identified as being part of the Proactive Citizens of Greenworld (PCGW), People Protecting the Planet (PPP), and People For A Greener Planet (PFGP) groups. And it doesn't take the Iron Crowbar to figure out I had a handsome FBI agent help me with identifying them."

"That's fine." I said as I perused the photos and the information. "And yes, Penis Holder is clearly doing the talking in these photos."

"Marching orders?" asked Teresa.

"Very likely." I said. "And it's part of the answer to the question of why the agitators are waiting to act in this here Town & County... they're coordinating their actions."