Black and Blue Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"In other words," Teresa said, "like the Sheriff said: what we've been doing for a long time now."

Sheriff Griswold: "You got that right. We've been engaging the Black Community for years with dialogue. My campaign for Sheriff pretty much was one big dialogue, and Crowbar was doing it through the Charter Commission. And I thought we'd done a lot of good with it. Now... I'm not so sure."

I said: "Nowadays, the Media and Democrat-controlled cities are bastardizing the term, as they do so often. They're now using the term to basically say the Police should be defunded and scaled back, almost to the point of being done away with. And like the Sheriff said, I did everything I could with the Charter Commission to address many black concerns, such as Education; and we revamped the Boards of Inquiry so that dismissing bad Officer actions wasn't easy to sweep under the rug. And for that, I'm called a racist every day by KXTC, and accused of Police brutality every time I sneeze."

"Back to the original point: it mayyyyyy not be as bad as you think." Tanya replied. "I'm betting they stop talking about what we did. Like you said, it makes those other places look bad for their inaction, and the Media cannot have their allies looking bad like that."

I stared at Tanya for a second, then with a wink I said "You're probably right. Like the Sheriff said, I don't know shit about politics." That brought the house down with laughter. Yes, it was funny. And yes, we were all exhausted after a long night with no sleep.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Teresa came to my office not long after the Angels Meeting had ended. "We're getting a lot of calls from the bars and restaurants along University Avenue and on the north side of Town. They're complaining about the dusk-to-dawn curfew. They say they're losing huge revenue, especially with the University students about to go home for the summer, and this weekend is one of their biggest weekends of the year."

"When's graduation?" I asked.

"A week from tomorrow." Teresa said. "Finals end Wednesday for undergraduates, and Thursday for the Law School."

I nodded. "I understand the problem. What do you think? Can we loosen the curfew so people can go to restaurants and bars? Maybe 10:00pm to dawn? Or midnight to dawn?"

Teresa said "My problem is that if people start massing near 'Jasmine' or 'Rhythms & Rap', we'll have to gear up and mass up in anticipation of them. Once they figure that out, they'll start playing us."

I said "And the Media will use it against us, too. If we're not spread out watching literally everyone, they'll say we're harassing the black clubs and the black areas."

"True, sir." Teresa said. "Me, I'd rather just keep the curfew in place through the weekend. I think we'd be justified in doing that."

I said "But one reason the anarchists are doing what they do is to hurt good and innocent businesses. Yeah, we need to think about that. So how are things out there right now?"

Teresa said "Quiet, so far. But we are openly following Media vans around. If they try to speed up to get away from us, we pull them over and give them tickets. But I'll be damned if we're going to just let them drive around and gin up groups of protesters to do something."

I replied "Smart thinking. We'll be right there if they try to stop and incite any groups to anything. And if it irritates the Press, so much the better."

Teresa said "I like it because the groups, especially groups of blacks, will think we're either working with the Press or following them to protect them. So maybe good citizens will mistrust the Press, and won't talk to them."

"I like they way you think, Iron Wolf." I said with a grin. "It's too bad you don't carry a crowbar. Oh, and I don't think I've said this enough: you did an outstanding job last night. Really outstanding..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:30am, Friday, May 15th. Paulina Patterson came to my office. As soon as I saw the look on her face, I had her sit down and I poured her a mug of coffee.

"Ah, that's good, I needed that." said Paulina as she drank the elixir of life, fortified with just the right amount of pollutants (of course I knew her amounts).

"Bad day already?" I asked as I sat back down in my chair.

Paulina said "I just got back from the Courthouse. Despite me and Miriam Walters literally begging him not to, Judge Folsom gave Kelly Carnes's case to Judge Nance. Nance promptly dismissed all the charges with prejudice, saying that Kelly Carnes's free speech rights were denied by the TCPD in arresting her."

I said "I'm not a bit surprised that Nance did that, but why did Folsom give him the case over the D.A.'s objections, not to mention yours?"

Paulina said "I've mentioned to you before that Folsom simply doesn't see Nance for what he is, to the point of refusing to see Nance's activism and ridiculous rulings, so he dismisses out of hand our vociferous objections to Nance. But Miriam thought it was more this time, and I think she's right: she said Folsom doesn't want the hot potato of trying a Council Member for Sedition and Inciting to Riot, but rather than make the ruling himself, he conveeeeeniently hands it off to Nance, knowing Nance will quickly and gleefully dismiss the charges."

"Oh, wowwww." I said sadly. "That does make sense, that that was the reason Folsom passed the buck. Man! we just can't get a break getting rid of dirty slugs like Carnes."

Paulina nodded vigorously in agreement, then said "Any word on the USDOJ coming in on you?"

"Not yet." I said.

Just then there was a knock on my door, and the Chief opened it and looked in. "Mis-ter Crowbarrrr," he drawled, "you have the high honor and distinct privilege of being the speaker at the Press Conference in our Press Room at 10:00 a.emmmmmm...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Press Room was chock full of rabid animals that claimed to be 'journalists'. The velvet ropes that provided a path along the left side wall (which was the front wall of Police Headquarters, for those interested) had been pushed in to make the path narrower by the reporters, and when TCPD Officers went to push it back out, they were called 'Pigs' and worse by those 'impartial', 'fair and balanced' reporters.

At 10:00am sharp, Captain Damien Thompson came up to the podium, which was very top-heavy with microphones. Reporters began shouting questions, totally out of control...

*TWEEEET!*

The blast of the Police whistle suddenly silenced the room. They turned to see Commander Cindy Ross in the doorway in back. "Start acting like adults, or I will clear this Press Room!" she threatened. After another few seconds of silence, Cindy announced: "Ladies and gentlemen, the Police Commander!"

I strode into the room with a file folder with some documents in one hand, and the red crowbar in the other hand. As I mounted the raised flooring and stood behind the podium, I looked over the crowd of hatred-filled reporters without moving my eyes. And all I saw was unappeasable hatred on their faces. I must be looking in a mirror, I thought to myself. I despise the Press as badly as or even more than they despise me...

I started: "I will read a statement, and if you comport yourselves with adult manners and decorum, I will take questions. Last night, anarchists attempted to cut off access to a section of Town marked mostly by Jefferson Avenue and MLK Jr. Avenue. The Town & County Police and Sheriff's Departments moved swiftly to restore the rule of Law to that area in order to protect innocent persons's lives and both public and private property."

Your Iron Crowbar: "We were able to restore law and order with no one being killed. There were some minor injuries, and one reporter claimed to be injured but was found to be perfectly fine when taken to the Hospital. We made 420 arrests, which were processed at County Jail by one of our Superior Court Judges. Those who lived inside the recovered zone were released, even if they'd been arrested on the streets, and those that cooperated with Police and the Judge were given warning citations and released. The rest were required to post bail before being released."

Your Iron Crowbar: "A general dusk-to-dawn curfew remains in effect. However, due to the concerns of local businesses such as restaurants and bars, we will not be cracking down unless we see large groups congregating. Even if they are peaceful protests, organized demonstrations and marches are not permitted during the curfew hours, and that is for the protection of our Citizens and property."

And then, in an act of tremendous bravery, I said "What are your questions concerning last night's actions and related issues?"

An (India-)Indian reporterette that I'd seen before said "Commander, why did you order your Police to violently assault peaceful demonstrators?"

"I don't accept the premises of your question." I replied. "I did not order the Police to 'assault' anyone. The act of attempting to close off any area of this County, especially to law enforcement officers, is an act of lawless anarchy, is illegal, and will be treated as such. The Police and Deputies restored the rule of Law in this County."

"Commander Troy," said the black reporter that I'd gotten in the face of the night before, "your shock troops assaulted only blacks, who set up the Police-free zone to peacefully protest their frustration with the way they are treated by white cops----"

"Let me stop you right there!" I thundered, holding up my hand in a 'stop' sign. "First, you're making a speech, not asking a question, and therefore you are wasting my time and everyone else's time. Second, we are not 'shock troops', and as I just said, we did not 'assault' anyone of any color. We enforced the law against those who were assaulting the Law and us. Third, we enforced the law against all lawbreakers, regardless of the color of their skin. And the Town & County Police enforces the law on behalf of citizens of every color."

"The protesters were almost all black!" shouted Bettina Wurtzburg. "Why did you shut them down, but you don't lift a finger to stop white supremacists---"

"That's not true!" I all but shouted, "and most of you in here are aware of my role in shutting down White Supremacy groups some months ago. Furthermore to this point, and let me be very clear: I don't give a damn what color a lawbreaker is. Black or White, Green or Blue, if you're breaking the law, we will arrest you and prosecute you. Make damn sure to quote me verbatim on that."

"Commander," said a young black reporterette, looking at me with a mixture of craftiness and hatred, "do black lives matter?"

I had my reply ready, and I fired it back immediately: "Does my daughter Tasha's life matter?"

"So you won't answer?" said the reporterette with a sneer on her face.

"I just did." I replied, staring her down.

"I asked you first." she said.

"Then you answer first." I said. "Does my daughter's life matter?"

"NO!"

It was Lester 'Penis' Holder, who was near the back door, and he was screaming. "NO! Your daughter's life does NOT matter! She's not pure black, she's a filthy HALFBREED! Every pure black man or woman should spit in your halfbreed daughter's face and tell her she's as worthless as you are, you God-damned racist Cracker!"

Gasps of shock were running through the Media like an electric current. Officer Kevin Buchannan and Captain Damien Thompson were already on the way to interdict Holder. Astute observers noticed that my hand had a death grip on my red crowbar... operative word being 'death'.

"You hear me, Troy?!" shouted Holder as Buchannan grabbed him by his collar and started pulling him out of the room. "Your daughter's a HALFBREED! Her life is worthless! She doesn't matter!"

"Yet that racist Hater sure puts up a fuss about her." I said to everyone else as Holder was violently pushed out of the Press Room. "And I'll just say this now: any one of you so-called 'journalists', any at all, that does not openly and publicly condemn Holder's remarks as racist hate speech... might as well have said it yourself. Are you really human beings? Or are you just the same as him?" There was no response, just unappeasable hatred in their eyes. And not for their colleague Holder. For me, and for my daughter.

I gathered my things and said "That will conclude my portion of this Press Conference." I walked out of the room as the reporters' restraint broke, and they began shouting at me. I think they were questions, but they mixed in some comments comparing me to animals that provide bacon for my breakfast...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Most of the Press Corps had literally run out of the building to get my vitriolic Press Conference before the eyes and ears of the State and the Nation. Only a few cubs were left behind to try to pick up any crumbs they could get.

"That was awesome, sir." said Teresa Croyle as we walked down the hallway towards our offices. "And I'm not saying that to kiss ass, either."

"They're still going to twist it around, if they can." I said. "We need to have someone in Intel monitor the Media coverage. If they try to splice my words into something I didn't say, I will bring my lawyers as well as the FCC down on them like a ton of bricks."

"Wilco, sir." said Tanya Muscone, who had driven out of her office and had heard what I said.

"What happened to Holder?" Cindy asked Captain Thompson.

"Burt West and several KXTC employees were in the lobby when Buchannan dragged Holder out of the Press Room." said Thompson. "West demanded we release Holder immediately. I could've run Holder through booking, but you know they'd just run to Judge Nance, then would spend all day and night on the air saying we were persecuting black reporters."

"How did the Press Conference look on the air?" I asked.

Cindy replied: "KXTC cut their feed the second Holder started yelling at you. I'm not the Iron Crowbar, but I can see that they had a good idea that Holder was going to go off on you in there, and were ready to cut it off when he did. But KFXU showed it, and they've been replaying it again and again, and it's getting out to all the Fox affiliates across the State and the country."

"Good." I said. "People need to see that----"

"Ladies and gentlemen!" I heard Chief Moynahan call out as he came around the corner. "Would you please honor me with your presences in Classroom 'E'?"

Part 29 - Exchange of Fire

When we went into Classroom 'E', we found a full complement of FBI Agents: Owen Lange, Jack Muscone, Karina White, Julius Jefferson, Lindy Linares. Ted Crenshaw, Tim Jenkins, and Melina Allgood. They were all wearing armor, including Melina.

Sheriff Griswold was also in the room, wearing armor. And, to my surprise, Mayor Daniel Allgood was also there, wearing his old Police armor over his civilian attire.

"While the Press was saying ugly thinngggggs in the Press Roooooom," drawled the Chief, "we were sneaking these Federal Agents and His Honor the Mayor in through the employee entrance. Everyone find a place to sit." We all found places to sit, and we sat.

Jack Muscone said "We came to tell you that Jocelyn Moran has left Hammondsville, and is headed east, to here. She's bringing a motorcade with between eight and twelve Federal Marshals, and she believes she has a warrant issued by Judge Ruth B. Taney in Midtown to arrest Mayor Daniel Allgood and Commander Donald Troy for willfully violating the civil rights of People of Color by invading the Police-free zone last night."


Melina took it up: "However, Federal Judge K.M. Landis overturned the warrant, saying it was invalid for myriad reasons, and he has brought the legal hammer down on Judge Taney. But the fun part is that no one has told Jocelyn Moran yet... we can't get in touch with her."

Lindy Linares said "And it's not for lack of trying on our part, as we've documented thoroughly."

Muscone: "We think Moran is going to tell her Marshals the warrant is valid, and order them to take you and Daniel into custody... but what we also think is that she's going to say you 'resisted arrest' (air quotes), and they're going to shoot you. And it won't matter about the warrants nor anything else if you're dead."

"Soooooo," said Chief Moynahan, "we refuse to allow them in, saying we have word the warrant is invalidated, and that she should check up on it... as will weeeeee."

Just then, Lieutenant Mary Milton burst into the room. "Sorry to bust in, sir," she said breathlessly, "but two big helicopters are flying in, headed right for Police Headquarters. They're Federal Government choppers, and they' told Air Traffic Control Town & County that they're going to land at the Fairgrounds.

"Well then," I said, getting up, "everyone should be armored up to the hilt. Let's get ourselves out to the Fairgrounds. Flying bullets won't do much for the decor of our hallways, here."

To my surprise, no one said a contradictory word about it... not even Cindy nor the Chief. Maybe they expected this.

As we walked down the hallway to the gym, so that we could go out the back exit, I was in the lead. Melina was walking next to me, and she said quietly "Be careful, Don. You're their main target. They'll shoot you on sight."

"Good." I said. When Melina's eyes cut to me, I looked back at her and said "I'm counting on it..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We picked up 24 TCPD Officers along the way to the Fairgrounds. As we walked, I said to Owen Lange "We could've used this Federal firepower last night."


"We were there." Lange replied.

"Ah, you were pretending to be GOJMC?" I replied.

"Not much gets past you." Lange said. "Your Sheriff deputized us along with the other GOJMC people. And that was a brilliant idea, to have them help you. A lot of them are former military, some have LEO training. They did a great job stopping the riots." I nodded vigorously in agreement.

We went through the back gate of the employees parking lot and onto the Fairgrounds. As we arrived, the caravan of Federal vehicles were pulling into the vehicle entrance, just to our south. The choppers landed behind them, further south. They contained Federal Agents, but had space to take two people away...

"Does anyone have a music player?" I asked as we watched them get out of their vehicles. "Now would be a good time for some 'The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly' standoff music.

"Not funny, Red Crowbar." said the Green Crowbar.

"Okay, okay." I said. "Flight of the Valkyries, then. Just sing the Elmer Fudd words to it." Cindy shook her head, but gave up the verbal repartée as I nodded to Melina. We went forward, trying to angle over so that no one was directly behind us.

"FEDERAL AGENTS!" yelled Jocelyn Moran, who was not visibly armored, but had a powerful handgun pointing at the ground for the moment. "I have a warrant to arrest Donald Troy! Any attempt to resist arrest will result in his death and all your deaths! Drop your weapons and surrender!"

"That will be the day." Melina said quietly. Then she yelled loudly: "You are acting illegally under a rescinded warrant! It is I who order YOU to drop your weapons and surrender!"

"Die, you Cracker whore!" yelled Jocelyn Moran, raising her weapon.

Time slowed down. It felt like I was moving too slowly, but my body was ahead of my mind, and was already in motion. I barely realized I was jumping in front of Melina...

*POW!* *POW!*

"Arrrgh!" I grunted as the rounds impacted my armor, one over my right pectoral and collarbone, the other near where Ned had shot me years before, in the lower left ribcage. (Author's note: 'Sperm Wars', Ch. 04.)

As I felt myself falling backwards and down, I also felt Melina grab my collar with her left hand as her right hand came up. I barely heard her powerful handgun make three eloquent statements in rapid succession.