All Comments on 'Black Friday'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments (Page 2)
nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 3 years ago

Heartwarming ❤️

Jenny reminded me of our Shetland pony, Dapple Dan. We used him to pull our miniature wagon delivering their Girl Scout cookies, in addition to the Christmas caroling and 4th of July parades. Good days, good memories. Thank you for bringing them back for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your imagination and writing talent constantly amaze me (and truth be told, leave me a little jealous. This story reminded me of two memories from my life: where my dad grew up they had a lot of hickory trees and as a little boy we would harvest them. Years later we planted a couple rows of walnut trees. When they grew larger and began to put out nuts we would harvest them. My dad would put them in his cement mixer with gravel and water which would remove the husk. During the winter he would sit in his woodshop watching tv and cracking nuts! Mom would use some in baking or making homemade walnut/ vanilla ice cream. Many times your stories remind me of happy times from my past which add even more value to your tales. Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If the saying "the pen is mightier than the sword" holds true, then you sir are He-man...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A lovely gentle story. Great to read and guaranteed to bring tears to the eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shucks, I'm a grumpy 71 year old great grand pa...... Not usually very emotional at all. But this little fluff tale brought me both smiles & even glassy eyes in the space of 30 minutes .

Good job....... I like emotional jabs OR caresses, even if I seldom react. Thanks for the entertainment.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

This is probably the best short stay I have enjoyed on this site. It is short but immensely satisfying. This one definitely goes to my favorites!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finished the story only to see I last read it only 4 months ago. Thank you for your tales Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

I'm going to read all of your stories, I enjoyed this one quite a bit. 5 Stars for sure

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story. A real feel good story. Very good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn, you are sooo good at these sweet romantic stories. I swear you could make a mint as a hallmark movie writer (a very small mint because I doubt there's a lot of money for screenwriters of hallmark channel movies). 5*

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

Thank you for a sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful and beautiful story. Definitely a five star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

well done as per your norm

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonalmost 2 years ago

Lovely story, no nasties.

Helmsman0305Helmsman0305almost 2 years ago

Lovely, I just wish we were able to give more than five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Made me happy and weepy at the same time! You are the one!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This little story is gold to me. I can relate to quite a bit of it, still waiting on the better part to happen to me but I'm in no rush. Thanks for delivering a really good read...!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A masterpiece story and excellent development of the plot.

Again hire a good editor.

5*

BJ

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Really nice “fluff”. More of the same once in a while would be nice.

Ranger001Ranger001almost 2 years ago

Re-read #1 and, like helmsman0305, would like to have more stars to award. However, I will say this: I would never consider this "fluff". This is the kind of existence known only as fantasy in places like Ukraine!

Thanks for producing a story that can lift people's hopes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very, very well done. Thank you.

LWlurker

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 1 year ago

Ain't much question about it, old Q is some kind of a masterful story writer. Many thanks to the Master.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another lovely story, Q. The only downside for me is wishing my life had been that successful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars isn't close! Wish my life was like that, even though I have a good life...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Close but not perfect…

If yer a farmer, the tree / nut is a Peekan!

And if’s yooze a true Southern sort, it’s a Karo Nut pie, not pecan pie.

…. Ahhh, memories…. Oh BTW the story was worth way more than five sparklers, but this outfit is a bit miserly with its awards.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

don't` know how many times I've read this and your other stories but it's more than twice. Thank you for some great stories, I promise I'll never ask for a refund!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
A great read

I don't give out many 5's, this one earned a solid 5 - keep them coming ---

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story without a cheating spouse or a BTB. As a stepdad I appreciate the perspective this was done in.

davezqdavezq12 months ago

I got a real kick out of all the crying, and the MC’s reaction to it. This was a fun story, and I like big families.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good light hearted read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It’s nice to find a feel good story once & a while. This is surely one of them.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just out of the blue I got nailed by the lung cancer in this story. My wife of over fifty years just had her first chemotherapy & radiation therapy last week.

It sure does throw a damper life.

Ocker53Ocker5311 months ago

Well worth the read⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One if the doctors wants the overweight plain face to go out for the weekend.....just another skank!!

So where was Amy while he taking flabby and her daughter out??

MC is a stupid cuck being bossed around by all the women around him

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Frank must be really desperate for the doctor's whore

GreWulfGreWulf9 months ago

Seriously? The Dolly llama.Love it.So did my friend that has a lifestyle block with a herd of alpaca when I told him. He's going to name his next breeding hembra (female) Dolly.

dgfergiedgfergie9 months ago

Please don't call it fluff. My second reading of this story and it was quite moving as well as being entertaining. It was also refreshing to find 'normal' characters as the male MC and his female companion. The MC lacking hair and even having a paunch, and her slightly pair shaped without mention of big boobs and legs that go on forever or even mention of a great ass! Just two normal people who weren't kids anymore and happened to find each other. They lived and loved and had a loving family and kids who weren't blood and that didn't matter. A little bit of this story tells mine. At 40 never expecting to remarry I did and t lasted almost 40 years. I have 6 children only one of them a blood relative. I love them all and they all know there are no 'steps' in my house.More like this please! A wonderful story! Thank you.

dgfergiedgfergie9 months ago

Please ignore these anons they obviously don't have the capacity to appreciate good writing without pages of sex scenes.

simpletxboysimpletxboy9 months ago

One of the most talented writers on Lit, and this story doesn't disappoint either! Read most of your stuff, still a few more to go, and loved them all--great job!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Heartwarming story. Just made me feel good about life. Thank you. BardnotBard

linnearlinnear8 months ago

Amazingly wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

More please.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Warm fuzzy feelings. The storyteller can really weave a tapestry of family values... (better than BTB)

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You are right about your fluff comment, still a good read. Well done

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Thank you. Nice well thought and presented story.

PatermultiPatermulti7 months ago

I think it's a lovely charming tale, NOT fluff at all. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

How nice it is to read a story that does not focus on sex or some weird ass thing. Just realstic normal human behaviour. A nice comfortable read instead of a life of sex love lost betrayal revenge etc.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

harmless bit of fluff ?? i don't think so . damn good story,lots of real life in it. good and bad,happy and sad . just like life .

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

AH HA Getting to like all of your stories Some good some soso but a good read I must still be a bit of a romantic as I like it when there is a good ending (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A lovely story, almost angst-free. Five stars. On a q kick at present.

JPB

NryoungNryoung4 months ago

Fluff....maybe, but give me more!. Thoroughly enjoyable.

WisquejacWisquejac3 months ago

Not fluff. Thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great memories of extended families Thanksgivings with the woman pawing through the Christmas ads! Thank you Q. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is a terrific story from a talented author. Please continue writing like this one.

ttjbjr54ttjbjr543 months ago

Good story, easy read and well written. I’m a sucker for happy endings. Congratulations

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I reread this about once a year. It's one of my favorite short stories. Thanks for the great works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Dumb asshole Frank raising bastards that's not his blood children and ended up with the fat cheating doctor's cunt Debbie. Not worth rating this fucking shitshow

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 months ago

Great story. Love it. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

"She was standing outside the door on her phone."??

How come her phone was big enough to have a door in it?

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Super! Donkey was great too

NitpicNitpic24 days ago
So

So,when did Debbie quit work?.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA15 days ago

Great story. So real and only one complete waste of space in the comments. The characters were so lovable and just deep enough to be real.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...