Blast From the Past

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,789 Followers

"I believe you've already done it," he said very quietly. He couldn't take his eyes off her and the way she looked.

"In fact, if you don't go somewhere else, I'm not sure I can be responsible for my actions."

Emily moved closer, looked right at him, then said with a faint smile, "Responsibility is so overrated."

Unable to help himself, he reached out and touched her hair.

"You are so...beautiful," he said again.

Her eyes darted between his as she inched even closer then asked, "Beautiful enough to...kiss?"

"Yes. Very much so," he told her as he ran his hand along her upper arm before leaning down and softly kissing her for the first time ever.

"That was very nice," she said very quietly as it ended.

"Yes, it was," he agreed.

"So maybe you should let me finish dinner. You know, so it'll be edible."

He smiled a real smile at her then said, "This is definitely not crazy."

"No. No it isn't," she said before sliding her arms around his neck and kissing him.

Jeff groaned and Emily softly moaned.

"I thought you were going to make dinner," he said.

"Are you complaining?" she teased.

"Uh-uh. Not one bit."

"Oh. Okay. Just checking."

"But I think I am gonna go check on the girls now."

"That would be great," she said as she slowly released him.

When Emily announced that dinner was ready, Charlotte stopped and looked her mom then asked, "Why are so pretty?"

Jeff scooped her up from behind, which made her laugh, then said, "She can't help it. She was born that way!"

He flipped her around up the air then blew on her tummy, and the little girl exploded in laughter.

Ava was watching and said, "Ava, too! Pick me up high, too!"

He zoomed Charlotte over to the couch an dropped her from about six inches causes more loud, happy laughter.

Then he grabbed Ava, held her up as high as he could and spun her around like a helicopter.

"Look! An airplane. Ava is an airplane!"

The two-year old shrieked with laughter as Jeff spun her then lowered her and blew on her tummy.

He couldn't see Emily laughing and also tearing up again at the same time. She blinked her eyes clear before he noticed then said, "Come on crazy people!"

Jeff took each girl by the hand and led them into the kitchen.

As he walked by Emily he said, "I thought we just agreed this isn't crazy."

She gave him the fake evil eye which made him laugh and that made her laugh, too.

For the first time in so long there was no tension at the table. Both girls were happy, playful, and bubbly the way they always used to be. Emily couldn't stop smiling and Jeff noticed.

"I hope that means your happy," he said to her.

"Very," she told him.

He looked at all three girls and said, "You know, I could get used to this."

Emily smiled an almost bashful smile then said, "Yeah. Me, too."

A different kind of tension flared up between them. It was instantly so thick they could have cut it with the proverbial knife. It grew all through dinner and by the time the girls were asleep, it became palpable.

They were sitting on the couch together holding hands. The TV was on but neither of them had any idea what was playing.

"This was the nicest day I can ever remember," Emily said.

Jeff put his arm around her and told her he agreed.

She pulled her legs up, laid her head on his shoulder then said, "Do you think loneliness is enough to explain this?"

"No. Not all by itself," he said.

"Is it possible...is there any way...this could be real?"

He kissed the top of her head then said, "It seems sur-real, and yet here we are sitting together and feeling...."

"It's okay. You don't have to say it. I'm feeling it, too. All of it."

"Okay, but you're young and beautiful and I'm...46."

"So? I'm 25 and don't care," she said as she put her hand on his chest.

"But you will. If...if we keep going."

Emily sat up and said, "No one has ever made me feel as safe, secure, and..."

She was about to say 'loved' but decided to say 'cared for' instead.

"Well, I do care. A lot. I just want you to think about who and what you'd be getting involved with. That's all."

"Jeff? I haven't stopped thinking about that since you kissed me. Honestly? It started well before that. I know you might still think of me as that little girl who played with Abbie, but I'm not. I'm a grown woman, a mom, and...and I'm...I'm falling for you, Jeff."

She looked into his eyes and the way he looked back told her he felt the same way. But when he told her he did, she knew it was game over.

"Talk about surreal. I feel exactly the same way about you, Emily. And no, I don't think of you as that little girl. I see the beautiful woman you've become. And I see what a great mom you are, and how much you love your girls. And I haven't met anyone since Jen who's made me feel the way you do. So, yes, I'm falling for you, too."

"It's just the dress you know," she teased.

"Oh, I promise you it's not," he told her with a smile.

"Could we maybe test your hypothesis? You know, just to be sure?"

"Tests are good. Yes, I think that would be a very good idea. That way, we'll know for sure, right?"

Jeff stood up, took her hands and lifted her up to himself. He stared into her eyes then said, "You really are beautiful, Emily."

Before she could say 'thank you' he kissed her in a way that told him the dress was definitely coming off. She was so happy she almost laughed at the thought of taking notes on the 'experiment' to see if he felt the same way about her out of the dress as he did with her in it.

An hour later, she had her answer.

"So...what's the verdict?" she asked playfully as she lay in his arms.

"It's true."

"Which way?" she asked as she raised up to look at him.

"Oh, it's definitely not the dress," he assured her. "It is pretty, but it's only pretty because of who's wearing it."

She smiled back and told him, "Excellent answer."

She climbed on top of him, kissed him passionately, and when she felt him stirring, she said, "I thought you told me you were old?"

Jeff laughed then said, "I told you I was 46—not that I was old."

"Oh, so there's a difference then," she said trying to be very serious.

"You better believe there is," he told her as her quickly grabbed her and rolled on top of her.

Emily yelped joyfully as she said, "You are so good looking."

"It's just the body," he said with a straight face.

Emily exploded in laughter then several minutes later exploded in another orgasm as her body shook and trembled and reveled in being loved like that again. And yet she had to wonder if she'd ever really been loved like that before. All she knew is she never wanted it to end.

At some point, she got up, showered, then went back to the guest house for what was left of the night. Emily was very tired but very happy the next morning, and she loved when Jeff kissed her the moment he saw her.

"So was last night real?" she asked him as he held her.

"I'm pretty sure it was."

"I don't want to go back to work today, but I really need the money, so...."

Jeff nearly told her not to go, but that would entail more than he thought she was ready for so he only reminded her he'd be happy to watch the girls for her.

Emily got them both up a few minutes later, made breakfast for everyone, then got ready for work.

Before she left she asked Jeff, "Do you think we should hold off telling the girls anything?"

"That's up to you," he told her. It was hard to be near her now and not hold her or kiss her, but the girls were close by so he refrained.

He had no way of knowing she was as ready for this relationship as he was, and neither of them said anything for fear the other really would think they were crazy.

"I guess we can hold off then," Emily said trying to sound convincing.

"Yeah. Sure. We can wait, "Jeff said in the same way.

"So...I'll see you later?" she said. She was dying to kiss him, but now the girls were standing right by them.

"You'll be staying with Jeff today, okay?" she told them as she knelt down.

"I like Jeff," Charlotte said as she smiled happily at the news.

"Me, too!" Ava chimed in.

"We'll be fine. I'll call you if anything comes up, and don't hesitate to call me for any reason," he assured her.

She whispered in his ear, "Even if it's just to tell you how much I miss you?"

"Oh, especially that," he said with a smile.

They hugged one another, but even the hug was rather awkward as they weren't quite sure how to do that now. Jeff wished her a good day, and Emily headed back to the apartment complex.

She expected the worst after taking so much time off, but when she saw the number of people waiting outside the office she got very concerned. When one of them noticed her drive in, she heard him say, "There she is!"

Another growled, "It's about goddamn time!"

Now afraid, she picked up her phone and called Jeff. She told him what was going on, and he said, "Go down to the parking lot in the movie theater down the street and I'll meet you there in 15-20 minutes."

She hung up with him, and in spite of several of the people yelling at her, she never stopped. She pulled into the lot and sat there waiting and watching, expecting someone to have followed her.

When Jeff pulled in a few minutes later she breathed a sigh of relief. He got out, led her to his car then told her the plan.

They pulled back into the apartment complex, and Jeff got out and gathered 'the angry mob.' He calmed everyone down, then went to get Emily and escorted and the girls her inside.

"Go through all the phone calls, then get electricians or plumbers or whatever to handle the big stuff. Give me a list of the small stuff, and I'll deal with the folks out front while you're doing it. Oh, and where does your dad keep his tools?"

The girls stayed with their mom as she waded through her voicemail which was chock full of angry calls. She prioritized things the best she could while Jeff continued soothing angry residents then went to fetch her dad's tools.

By 10am, he'd knocked out a half dozen 'nit-noid' things, and Emily had professionals tending to the handful of more serious issues.

By lunchtime, Jeff came back and said, "You doing okay?"

"Thanks to you," she told him.

He set down then said, "Listen. I want to run something by you. Just promise me you'll hear me out and try not to laugh, okay?"

"Okay. I promise. This sounds serious. Is it?"

"It's important. To me, at least."

"Well, then it's important to me, too."

"I know we really hardly know each other, Emily. But I know myself, and I know how I feel about you. You probably don't feel anything even close, but I want to say this anyway."

Her eyes were now locked onto his as she quietly said, "I'm listening."

"I'd really like to see you get out of this apartment and this job. I know you're concerned about money, but you don't have to be if...if you'll let me take care of you."

"Take care of me?" she asked, her heart beating faster.

"Yes. I...I'd very much like you to move into the guest house—permanently. Or at least long-term. I'd normally never say this, but since money is a big concern, well, for me, money isn't a concern. But you and the girls are. And nothing would make me happier than to be able to provide for you and them for as long as you need. At least until you can find a decent job. But what I'd really like is...."

He hesitated, looked down for a moment, then looked back up.

"What would you really like, Jeff?" she asked, hoping and praying he'd say what she was thinking.

"This is the 'don't laugh' part."

"I won't laugh," she said with total sincerity.

"I'd like very much for you to consider staying there...with me...permanently."

When Emily didn't reply, Jeff said, "You think I'm crazy. I'm the lonely old man whose loneliness is making him crazy, and you're looking for a tactful way to say...."

"Yes," she said, her eyes glistening with tears.

"Yes, you think I'm crazy?" he asked as she stood up then sat beside him.

She gave him her hand and said, "I still don't think you're crazy or that it's loneliness doing the talking. I...I feel the same way about you, Jeff. And although we need to take it a day at a time, there's nothing more I'd like than to take each one with you."

The concern on his face melted away and was replaced by a smile that warmed her heart.

"You just made the happiest man on earth," he told her.

"And you just made me the happiest woman," she replied.

"So...do you think I could kiss you? Here, in front of the girls?"

"If you don't I'm going to kiss you," she said as a mock threat.

He leaned over and kissed her softly, and when he did, Ava said, "Look! Mommy's kissing that man!"

Charlotte looked over and sucked in a loud breath and said, "Mommy? Do you love Jeff?"

"I...I think I just might, honey," she said without taking her eyes off Jeff.

The front door opened and the mail carried said, "Oh, there you are. I was looking for you yesterday. You've got a registered letter to sign for in addition to the other mail."

Emily signed for it, took the huge stack of other mail, then opened it.

"What is it?" Jeff asked.

Emily smiled and said, "I'm officially single again."

"Perfect timing," Jeff told her.

"Yes. Yes, it is, isn't it?"

Emily wrapped up as much as she could the rest of that day, then called the owner and let him know she wouldn't be back. He told her she could forget about a reference if she walked out on him, and although she apologized sincerely, it didn't really matter.

She and Jeff loaded up everything worth taking with them that evening and the following morning, and with that, the apartment complex was little more than a bad memory.

Emily stayed in the guest house...a few hours a night...for the next two weeks. During the first week, she finally reached out to contact Mike who hadn't touched base with her since her return to Washington.

It took some time to track him down, and when she did, he told her he and his new fiancé were getting married the following week. And then he let her know they were also both getting orders to Germany in two more months.

"But what about the girls?" she said, hardly able to believe what he'd said.

He hemmed and hawed then finally told her, "I don't think I was cut out to be a dad. I mean, I'll aways be their father, and I'll pay child support, but I don't really see myself in their lives too much from here on out."

On the verge of losing her temper, Emily somehow kept it in check and said, "I can't believe I ever loved you."

"I don't know what else to say, Emily," were the last words she ever heard him speak before she hung up, too stunned to say anything else.

Jeff couldn't have been more supportive when she told him about the call, and that reminded her that her dad would be allowed visitors the following weekend.

"Do we tell him about us?" Jeff asked.

"Yes. Absolutely," she assured him. "But what about Abbie? Are you going to tell her?"

"I owe her a call, and it might be best if I told her first, and then, depending on her reaction, maybe the two of you could catch up."

"If she doesn't hate me," Emily said with real concern.

"She won't," Jeff told her.

"How do you know?"

"Because when I tell you how much I love you, she'll love you, too."'

"Wait? Did you just tell me you love me?" Emily said, her eyes darting back and forth with his.

"I did. Is that crazy?"

Emily nearly knocked him over when she hugged him. She squealed with delight and said, "Not at all! I love you, too! I love you so much!"

"Then let's give your childhood friend a call, shall we?"

Jeff spent a few minutes catching up with Abbie's new life, and then, out of the blue, she said, "Dad? Are you ready to be a grandfather?"

"What? Are you serious?" he asked.

"I am. I'm seven weeks along. I'm having a baby!"

After congratulating her and discussing that for a while Jeff said, "I have some very important news, too."

Abbie raised an eyebrow and said, "Oh. I see. So...have you by chance met someone? Someone you like?"

"I have," he told her.

"Dad, I am so happy for you! Tell me all about her!" Abbie bubbled happily.

"Well, as it turns out, you actually know her."

"Me? I know the woman you're all gaga about?" she asked feeling totally confused.

"Uh-huh. You do."

"I'm lost, Dad. I have no clue."

"Well, before I have her say hello to you, I want to give you a kind of heads up, okay?"

"O...kaaay," Abbie said.

"I want you to know that I followed up on finding Emily's dad after we talked. And as it turns out she just happened to be at the same place with him. Anyway, we um...we sort of hit it off and...."

"No way. Dad? Are you telling me you and Emily...our little Emily are...."

Jeff reached over for Emily's hand and pulled her into the field of view of his desktop then said, "I am. I really, really like her, honey. In fact, I...love her."

Abbie saw Emily's face, and the 'please don't hate me look' on it when Abbie squealed again.

"Oh, my God! Emmy!!!"

"Abbie!!!" she squealed back.

"This...this is...."

"Weird?" Emily suggested.

"For starters, yes. But if what my dad just said is true...and if you guys really, you know...."

"We do," Emily said. "A lot."

"Then if both of you are happy, then I'm happy, too."

"Really? You're not just saying that?" Emily had to ask.

"No. No, of course not. I'd do anything to see my dad happy again, and if you're the one that makes him happy...then yes, it's really okay. Its still a little weird, but very okay."

Emily was tearing up again, and Abbie said, "No, really. It's okay."

"No, I'm just so happy," her friend said. "And I really do love your dad."

"Well, just don't expect me to ever call you, Mom, okay?" Abbie said before the both laughed loudly.

After another fifteen minutes of catching up and getting used to the idea, Abbie assured them she was as thrilled for them as they were for her. Charlotte and Ava also said hello, and after seeing those sweet little girls, that was what really sealed the deal for Abbie.

"That went well," Emily said when it was over.

"Two down and one to go?" Jeff asked.

Emily hadn't seen her father sober other than those few minutes in maybe 20 years. He looked so much better after just two weeks without a drink. He told her he felt great and with the help of a sponsor, he hoped to never take another drink.

"That's wonderful, Dad. And I have something wonderful to share with you, too," she told him.

She had no idea how he'd react, and when she saw his reaction it nearly made her cry.

"I told you he was a good man, honey. If he loves you, and if he loves your girls, and if that SOB ex of yours really is out of their lives, then...go for it."

They talked for a while longer then hugged one another goodbye. She promised she and Jeff would be back for his graduation in two more weeks, and as promised they showed up along with his granddaughters who were dressed in pretty new white dresses for the happy occasion.

Jeff took him aside after the ceremony and after personally congratulating him again said, "I wanted to ask you something, John."

"The answer is 'yes'," he told him. "You can marry my daughter."

"Sobriety agrees with you," Jeff quipped, not sure what else to say.

"Yes, it does. And so does seeing my little girl happy. And you make her happy, JAG man."

"I want to adopt the girls, too," he told John.

"You don't need my blessing for either request, but you've got it, old friend. And when I say 'old'...."

Both of them laughed then Jeff asked Emily to join them. She brought the girls over and that's when Jeff said he had something to ask her.

"I just spoke with your father, and well, being the old-fashioned guy that I am, I needed to ask him something."

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,789 Followers