Blind Date Awakening Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As they reached the sidewalk in front of her apartment, Charles grabbed Karen's hand, interlocking their fingers together. They walked the entire two blocks in silence, each enjoying the closeness they felt in each other. For the first time in a long time, Charles was enjoying being out in the company of someone other than just himself. He squeezed Karen's hand as they walked, causing her to look over and smile as she squeezed back.

They reached the café in less than 10 minutes. The early morning crowd had already gone, so the place was nearly empty. They found a table for two in the front window that would give them a little privacy from the rest of the tables while still letting them enjoy the view of the surrounding neighborhood.

After they had placed their order, they each put their arms out on the table so they could hold hands. They looked at each other and smiled once again. For the first time, he noticed that they each shared the same color of deep brown eyes. He figured they probably shared other traits as well. He was willing to spend the time with her to find out.

Karen broke their stare with a blush and a giggle. Each knew there was a mountain of things to talk about. Finally she made the first move to get the conversation started.

"Okay, Charles. It's true confession time. Tell me something you haven't told me before."

Charles pondered for a minute, and then started addressing the thoughts his mind had pondered as he woke up this morning. "Okay, here goes. I'm not sure where this relationship is headed, but I do know that I want to pursue it to see where it ends up. I haven't felt this great in a long time, and I'm so happy were set up with each other on our blind date."

"But I feel I need to be completely honest with you. When we first started...you know...messing around last night, I couldn't help but compare what we were doing to the way Jessica and I used to do it. In fact, it was thinking about fucking her last night when I yelled out her name as I finally came. I know you understood last night. I need you to continue to understand, no matter how long we continue doing whatever it is we are doing. Jessica will always be my first and most complete love, and I will never let that love go. But you have also shown me that there is room in my heart to perhaps love someone else."

Karen squeezed Charles' hands again, and looked into his brown eyes. "I think there's room in your heart as well. I'm also not sure where we will end up, but know that as long as we remain close – in whatever way that is – I'll always understand how you feel about Jessica. Last night, I was fine because I knew what you were going through. This morning, I think perhaps it was a little more about you and me and our new relationship. Right now, I'm just thrilled that we are together in any form, so I'm willing to continue the way we are."

As she was finishing her sentence, the server brought their breakfast order. For some reason, they neither one seemed as hungry as they were a few minutes ago. While picking at her food with her fork, Karen began to speak again.

"My turn – true confession time. Please let me say all of this before you react and respond. For a long time, I hated Jessica." She gauged from the frown on Charles' face that he wasn't expecting her to say that. "Relax, Charles – let me continue. Before she came into your life, you had a lot more time for your younger sister. You always looked after me, played with me, let me tag along with you and your friends, helped me with my homework, and hugged me when I was having a bad day."

"But along came Jessica – your freshman year, my 7th grade year, the first year of junior high. From that time on, your relationship with me changed in a big way. You still loved me and protected me when it was needed, but all of your free time was spent with Jessica. Suddenly there seemed to be no more time for your little sister. I was devastated to find out that you liked someone more than me."

Charles' face softened as Karen continued. "I was happy for you, but inside I was screaming and crying at you. I knew that you were moving away from me, because I could see it in your eyes as you fell in love with her. Gradually I got used to it, because I knew I was never going to get that relationship back with you."

"But I never forgot what that felt like, and so as I got older and started dating, I began looking for guys that had the same qualities as you. I was basically looking for my big brother again. I tried many different guys – slept with some, kicked even more out that didn't make it that far in the test I had set for each of them in my mind."

"Finally Roger came along, and I felt that perhaps he was the closest to being like you and I were when we were younger. He had some good qualities and I really tried to make it work, but quickly into our marriage, I realized he nor anyone else would ever measure up to the standards I had set. So I did my best to cope, which wasn't easy, since I could see the amazing relationship you shared with Jessica."

"Eventually I learned to understand that it wasn't her fault, and when we would get together for family events, it became that I loved her as well. I was crushed when her cancer was diagnosed, for two reasons: first, I was losing someone who turned out to be a great friend, and second, I didn't want to see you in the pain that I knew would come when she died."

"So when I saw that it was you that was my blind date, my heart sprung up with hope. It was my big brother, standing before me, smiling at me as we discovered the absurdity of the situation! I'm surprised I was able to talk at all, because my mind was turning cartwheels. You were the big brother I needed after you had met Jessica. You were the big brother I needed when I decided to divorce Roger. And yet I couldn't reach you, because you had separated yourself from the rest of the world. So to see you standing there last night opened up a floodgate of emotions."

"Now please don't think that I immediately started planning how I was going to fuck you. That just happened on its' own. But in that moment, I knew my big brother was back, even if only for a while, though I was desperately trying to think how I could keep at least communicating with you. I had you for a night, and I didn't want to let you go again."

Karen paused for a minute, and let out a big sigh. Neither she nor Charles was interested in the food anymore. There was more to be said. It was Karen who continued, "There you have it, big brother. I've laid out my soul to you. I never told anyone else about my feelings; not Roger, not our mother and father, not anyone. So if you can still find a place for me after all I've shared with you, I'm sure I can find a way to accept the feelings you still hold for your beautiful wife."

Karen dropped her head down and began picking at her food again. She could feel his eyes on her, and she didn't think at the moment that she could look back. After what seemed like 30 minutes but was probably more like one or two, Charles reached over the table and lifted up her chin with his fingers so their eyes would make contact with each other once again.

"Karen, I'm sorry – I didn't realize you held those feelings. I didn't realize I was hurting you. Can you ever forgive me for abandoning you like that?"

Karen shook her head. "Charles, this isn't about needing forgiveness. I made peace with that a long time ago. This is about having you back again, and even if we come to our senses and realize that the incestual part of this relationship is a horrible idea, I still don't want to lose you again. I still want to know that I will always have a big brother who loves me and cares for me."

Charles stood up and walked around the table to where Karen was sitting. He pulled her out of her chair and into a big hug, as he whispered into her ear, "I promise I will never leave you again. After all, I have you to thank for rescuing me from my own despair. I love you, Karen!"

A tear had formed in the corner of Karen's eye as she pulled back and looked into his eyes again. "I love you too, big brother.....Charles!" She reached up and kissed him, as if to seal the deal.

They released their hug, and Charles looked back at his plate. "Have you had enough to eat? I'm not interested in the food anymore. I'm ready to go out and spend some more time with you!"

Karen agreed. "Let's go and see what else happens today."

Charles paid for their mostly uneaten meal, letting the cashier know that the food was good, but their appetite had just disappeared. They stepped back out onto the sidewalk, and as Charles grabbed her hand once again, he pulled her in the opposite direction of her apartment. Content to go with him wherever he wanted to go, they headed off to explore the neighborhood together.

As they walked, they shared small talk with each other. Charles asked Karen about her job, where it was at, and what she did.

Karen stopped walking and looked down at the ground. She then looked back up at Charles and replied, "Well, it may be true confession time again. You see, I don't have a job. I've been looking – I've been trying harder to find a job than anything else in my life. But so far, it hasn't done me any good."

Charles was stunned. "How are you able to live and provide for yourself then?"

Karen replied, "I've been living off of my savings. I still have a little left, but if I don't find a job soon, I'm not sure what I'm going to do."

That answer explained to Charles the small apartment with the meager furnishings. He knew he couldn't continue to let her live in fear of becoming homeless. It was time for one family member to take care of another.

"Karen, I'm sure there is something for you at the cell phone company where I work. Weren't you studying business and accounting in college?"

"I was, but I didn't finish. I didn't get my degree. Instead, I chased a dream and married Roger. Guess looking back on it now, I made the wrong choice. Do you really think there might be something there? I'm getting tired of people telling me I don't have enough training or experience. I'm also pretty sure they're not willing to take a chance on someone as old as I am."

"You're not old, Karen, although unfortunately you may have figured out how the corporate world works. Look, I have a couple of people who owe me favors, and it just might be time to cash one or two of them in. I'm not going to be able to make you an automatic hire. You'll have to demonstrate that you have the skill needed for the position available. And you'll have to work in another department. I don't think it would be in either of our interest to have you working in my area."

Karen's eyes and face lit up as a smile came across her lips while Charles was talking. "If you could even get me an interview, I'm sure I could show them that I'm capable! It would be so nice to be able to take this worrying about a job away – oh, Charles, thank you so much!" With that, she kissed him, first on the cheek, then moving to his lips, which he returned back to her.

Charles said, "I'm not promising anything, but I will do all I can to make sure you get a chance."

"That's all I'm asking for, Charles – if you can get me in the door, I'll do the rest!"

"Consider it done." Charles felt once again like a big brother, helping his little sister out. He moved on to the next thing that troubled him. "Tell me about your apartment complex – is it safe? Is it in a good neighborhood?"

"Well, there are probably other apartments in safer neighborhoods, but overall it isn't too bad. It's probably best for a single woman not to be out at night by herself in the area. I took a chance to go on the blind date. Fortunately, that worked out because you came home with me."

Charles didn't hesitate. "Listen, why don't you consider moving in with me. My condo has three bedrooms, each with its own attached bathroom. You could have your own private space, and you'll be helping me out by providing someone to talk to."

"Charles, I couldn't do that – that was yours and Jessica's home. I don't know if I could move in or not." Karen could see at least a couple of problems with that scenario.

Charles countered. "Nonsense. Even if Jessica was still alive and you needed a place to live, we would have made room for you. How about this – nothing has to be permanent yet. Take over one of the spare bedrooms, at least until you get a job and back on your feet a little. That way, it will seem just like when we would have guests staying over in the past. It won't seem like you're infringing on Jessica's space."

"But Charles, I signed a year-long lease at my apartment so I could get a reduced rental rate. I've still got six...."

Charles cut her off before she could finish her sentence. "I'll buy out your lease. Even if you don't end up staying with me, you need to find a better place than where you are now."

"Charles, I can't let you do that!"

"Of course you can – it's your big brother, taking care of his little sister. If I need to, I'll pull rank on you and force you to do this!"

Karen sighed. How could she argue? She knew Charles was a smart man with a successful savvy about him. He was making sense on all of his points.

"Okay," Karen offered, "but we have to establish some ground rules. I know we are family, but we have to treat this like a business deal. That should be something that is right down your alley!"

"I guess that makes sense," Charles replied. "Tell you what, I need to go pick up my car. How about we hail a cab, go get my car, drive back to your apartment to get our phones and some clothes for you, and head down to the condo right now? We'll get you set up in one of the bedrooms, then work on those ground rules. What do you say, Karen?"

She had no more reasons not to proceed. "Okay, Charles – let's do this." They set out to find a cab, which took a little bit of time since it was a Saturday. Once they were finally in the back seat together and directions given, they sat back and held hands. Eventually, Karen scooted over close to Charles and laid her head on his shoulder. She sighed in contentment, knowing that her big brother was taking care of her again. He sighed as well, feeling like once again he was taking care of his little sister.

It took a couple of hours by the time Charles pulled the SUV into his stall in the parking garage. Karen had gone to sleep on their drive across town. They had made one stop on the way, after he found out that she didn't have a swim suit when he suggested they spend some time tomorrow in the condo's outdoor pool. They stopped at a clothing store where he helped her pick out two different styles – a black one piece that was a little modest, and a racier two-piece white bikini that he knew would contrast exquisitely against her skin tone. She tried to protest that it was too revealing, but he wasn't listening, as he paid for the suits and they returned to the SUV.

He turned off the ignition, then reached over and stroked his fingers gently against her cheek. He marveled once again at her beauty as she begin to stir, finally opening her eyes and looking over at Charles as he looked back at her. She smiled and blushed lightly, before grabbing his fingers and giving them a little kiss.

Charles said, "Let's go inside. I'll get your bags for you."

She had packed just a few things for her overnight stay, so it would have been easy for her to carry her own up to the condo, but she also enjoyed having Charles wanting to take care of her, so she didn't argue as he reached into the back seat and picked up her bags by the handles. Together they walked over to the door that lead inside to the elevator. They remained silent as the car took them to the 10th floor. His condo was at the end of the hall. He fumbled with his keys a little before finding the right one, inserting it in the keyhole, and turned the knob on the door.

The door opened, and Charles stepped back so Karen could go in first. She had never been there before, and was immediately overwhelmed by the size of the condo that spread out before her. In front of her was a massive great room, furnished with a comfortable-looking sectional sofa, facing a large flat screen TV, which was mounted above a fireplace. To her left was a dining area containing a large dining table with room for eight. The kitchen was to the immediate left. It featured a large granite breakfast bar, modern stainless steel appliances, and a six-burner gas stove and oven combination. You could nearly fit her entire apartment within the confines of this living space.

Looking to her right, she saw a door, which she later found out was a half-bath. Next to that was an opening that she figured was the hallway leading to the bedrooms. All along the back wall was floor to ceiling windows, with an incredible view of the suburb below. One of the windows was a sliding door system, which led out to a balcony that had a couple of tables and chairs set up for some outdoor relaxing.

Charles set her bags on the breakfast bar, and put his keys in a dish that was obviously placed there for just that purpose. He watched with amusement as Karen explored the living space, pausing to look out the window at the city below. He walked over to open the sliders that lead out to the balcony, and she took his cue and went outside. She could see that there was a large park across the street. She looked down even farther and saw the outdoor pool below.

"If the weather is bad, there is also an indoor pool, along with a fully stocked gym for working out. On the first floor, there's a large meeting room and a game room with ping pong, pool and other games. I don't think I've ever been in either of those rooms since we've lived here, but I know the gym like I know the back of my hand."

They stepped back inside, and Charles led her down the hall to the bedrooms. They stopped first to look in the master bedroom. It was huge, including its' own sliding doors opening out onto a private balcony Karen had not noticed before.

Down the hall on the other side were the two other bedrooms. Karen looked inside each. They were identical in size, each with its' own bathroom. It was clear that these rooms were never used. They each had a bed and a single dresser, but not much other furniture. Karen chose the front bedroom as hers, and went to get the bags with her clothes.

Charles looked in the refrigerator and found bottles of water and juice. He brought one of each back to Karen's room and offered her both. She chose the water and opened it and took a drink. Once again, Charles was captivated by her beauty. As she drank from the water bottle, she tipped her head back, and the muscles in her neck stood out prominently. This had never turned Charles on before, but for some reason he thought that on Karen, that it was one of the sexiest things he had ever seen.

He moved over behind her, and began stroking on either side of her neck with his fingers. This caused her to jump, and she started to cough and sputter as she struggled to swallow. She spun around and looked at Charles directly and cried out, "Don't do that! You nearly caused me to drown myself!"

Charles grinned as he said, "Sorry – here, let me make it up to you!" He proceeded to kiss her, softly at first, then more forcefully as he swung his arms around her and pulled her close. Even with both of them fully clothed, he could feel the various curves and nuances of her body as they took their kiss even farther by chasing each other's tongues through open mouths. They finally broke the kiss, and pulled back to look each other in the eyes.

Charles grabbed the bottle of water from Karen's hand and lay it on the end table next to her bed. Karen began to whine – "Why did you do that? I wasn't done yet!"