Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Agreed." Toroah drew his rapier and I gave a snarl at him.

"I do not wish-" I grunted as my body drew forth my longsword without my own will playing a factor.

"Stand and fight Ryder, that is an order. This is the only way." Toroah spoke the words sternly as I growled at him, then gave a shrill bark as Lorelai was atop me in a blink.

I saw her red eyes blazing with a heat I'd never seen before as I responded to parry the strike. the blow was so overwhelming it sent my longsword flying in the air, and me with it shortly after as the ewe round housed me with a snapped kick.

Sprawling against the earth I bounced several times, feeling my left wing snap painfully in a break as I winced, blinking up just in time to see Toroah lunge upon her with blinding speed. There was another clash of swords before Lorelai landed a kick in his midsection then batted him away with an offhanded strike of her fist.

She'd never shown such power in any of our sparring matches and I could feel the sadness and fury pouring off her. "I'd known him for well over eight hundred years, Ryder, can you even fathom that kind of loss?" She snarled the words at me as I found my feet and collected my sword, setting my stance.

"Answer me!" Lorelai spat the words into my face as our swords crossed once more, her eyes looking aflame as she glared upon me.

I took a step back, rolling the blade despite her overwhelming strength, then Toroah lunged for her back with a piercing strike but the ewe simply juked to the side as I yipped out, having to parry the rapier myself that he thrust.

Our swords met in a chink of impact then Lorelai drove both down with her cutlass before sending another kick out towards the rabbit, sending him sprawling before she dropped her own blade and grabbed me by the collar, wrenching me down to look into her face. "Say something, Ryder!"

"I'm sorry! I wanted to stop him, I tried to stop him!" I sobbed out the words, my vision clouding with tears to see her so furious and hurt, feeling keenly her anguish now that we were touching.

She blinked at me a few times then I gave a yip as she threw her arms around me. My knees hit the earth as she just clung to me, her arms wrapped around my neck. She made no sound but I could feel her shuddering and her tears against my collar. I wrapped my arms around her, drawing her as close and tightly to me as I possibly could, one of my hands resting on the back of her head as her horns pushed into my chest.

Toroah stood over the two of us, a hand over his rosary with a remorseful frown upon his face. I blinked the tears from my eyes to see his own rolling down his cheeks.

Things seemed to just stay like that for a time, then she pulled from me with a sigh, wiping her face. "I've not the energy to continue this, I cede." She whispered the words with a ragged breath before forcefully pulling out of my arms, collecting her sword, and putting it away.

"Why do you shed tears, rabbit?" Lorelai spoke out bitterly as she brushed herself off, readjusting her scabbard.

"Because I have known loss on that scale. I knew it from the crusade, and regardless of how much of a pain he was, he was still a comrade I have worked with for centuries. But... mostly I shed tears for you and your loss."

"I did not ask for them, nor do I need the pity," The words came out bitter, almost childish.

I rose to my feet and put my own sword away, a heavy silence hanging in the air between all of us. Finally, Toroah spoke out once more, "I will counsel with the Seraph, we'll see he gets properly sorted, even offer him a chance to ascend if he wills it."

"Will he remember me or any of his loved ones?" She asked the words dryly, already knowing the answer, I had explained this to her long ago.

"He will not." The rabbit spoke the words sadly.

"Then for us, he will still be dead, but do as you will, rabbit." She turned to face me, a hand on her hip. "Thank you for allowing me to cry, know that I love you."

"And I you, Lorelai... I wish I could-"

"Wishes do not bring back the dead or solve problems, Ryder. I will keep my word and quell the rage of my kind, though it is valid."

"Can we all get some tea?" Toroah spoke out conversationally, both of us jerking our gazes to him looking equally shocked.

Lorelai finally gave him a contemplative look, as if really looking upon him for the first time. "You... mean to ask me to tea, after everything I've endured this night?"

"Yes, I've wanted to get to know you for a while now, and you're every bit as stunning as Ryder said you were." He gave a suave grin at her and I felt anger build in my chest.

"Now wait just a minute!" I stomped over to the rabbit and jabbed a finger into his chest. "Putting the moves on my ewe is one thing, but at least let her properly grieve before you start chasing her tail!"

"He isn't chasing my tail, Ryder. He's trying to defuse the situation, I can see through his tactics." Lorelai snorted through her nose and put her hands on her hips once more. "However, you are easy on the eyes and the idea of spending some time with the both of you does sound therapeutic after these events. I'll have tea with you, so long as Ryder is substituting his blood for the cream in mine." She showed me a playful grin, her sharp canines poking out.

—♥—

Right of Hospitium:

The Right of Hospitium is a tradition that has been present in all circles of the paranormal world since the most ancient of times. It welcomes a guest into a location and guarantees their safety while present. This does not just ensure safety from the host but also outside forces that may do the guest harm.

Churches are a long-standing example of this, with priests or other clergy offering hospitium to fugitives or war refugees. In the circles outside of the mundane realm, breaking one's oath of hospitium can have grave consequences, from loss of power to outright death.

—♥—

"So, why does your touch still burn when you focus your healing prayers, but Ryder's does not?" She spoke conversationally as we all sat at a small table with tea. Of course, her tea was mostly blood from me. Toroah offered his own but she refused, saying she preferred mine. She had 'acquired a taste for it' was her excuse.

I wasn't sure where we were, but I could sense it wasn't the citadel. Perhaps he had a home off-site somewhere. Regardless the room was well appointed but simple, with a large dining table and cozy chairs.

"Wait... Ryder's touch doesn't burn you?" Toroah tilted his head curiously while taking a sip of his own tea.

"As long as I focus my prayers, no it doesn't, I had just assumed that was the way it was intended." My own ears lifted at the information, feeling confused as Toroah shook his head.

"Not at all, my touch will always burn their kind, likewise with demons, regardless if I'm healing them." Toroah chuckled as he sipped his tea. "I had wondered how the two of you were able to get so intimate."

Lorelai gave a fussy huff and looked upon me. "Ryder, are you giving your other loves the intimate details of our time together?"

"No! It's implied we do things, but I've never sat down and given him or anyone else the finer details."

"Hmm... may I test a theory?" Toroah showed the two of us a playful grin as I narrowed my eyes at it.

"Depends on the theory you wish to test, rabbit." Lorelai clicked her tongue, giving him as much of a skeptical look as I was.

"Ryder, can you take my hand and focus your energies as you would with Lorelai?" The taller male reached his open palm out to me. I saw no harm in it and did as he asked. Toroah nodded as he seemed to be analyzing what I was doing. "Yes, I can't feel anything different in what you're doing than I do, how curious."

The rabbit showed Lorelai a grin and offered his other hand to her. The sheep gave him an annoyed look as she just sat there drinking her tea. "Come now Lorelai, just a quick touch to test my theory, just brush your fingers against my palm."

I watched her eyes shift to red in annoyance but she snarled and reached out, grabbing his hand. She jumped slightly as if on instinct, but then snorted through her nose, holding the grip. "Huh... so it would appear that it works."

Toroah casually released my own hand, then I heard Lorelai give a sharp bleat before wrenching her own grip away. She snarled and shook her hand before making a fist and looking like she was ready to climb over the table. "You damnable rabbit!"

"I apologize, I was focusing my own prayers so there should be no damage." Toroah gave a bow of his head as I watched Lorelai look at her palm, glaring as she shook her fingers out before settling back.

"So why do you think that is? That my touch doesn't burn her when I focus?" I frowned as I contemplated it all. I had assumed it was normal up until now.

"It's no doubt because of your love for her," Toroah nodded as he spoke the words matter-of-fact.

"You're an idiot." I and Lorelai grumbled the words in unison, then grinned at one another.

Toroah scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Some people just can't take a joke. I don't have the answers Ryder, maybe it has something to do with that ability you have to sense and track beings you've met."

"I'd hypothesize it may be influenced from him spending time with me, but he's been doing that since we met." Lorelai shrugged then looked over to me with a frown. "Ryder, I'll be taking the reins from here on. Someone has to lead my family and next to Ra's I was the eldest known member."

"Do you want to do that, love?" I frowned upon her then lifted my ears. "Also, is it going to change... us?"

"I can't say I'm thrilled with it, but I'm the most suited and so it falls to me." She contemplated and then shook her head. "In large part, it should not. Though I will be very busy in the coming months until this is sorted."

"I apologize again, Lorelai. I hold much of the blame in this. I should have been more cautious of what my former brother was doing," Toroah sighed as he spoke the words remorsefully.

"Indeed you should apologize again. You celestial's always thinking you have everything in order, but you always are blind-sided so easily," She grumbled as she spat the words out bitterly.

"My love speaks the truth, Toroah. I had been pushing my concerns for years over him. Even Rachel assumed he wasn't capable of such things until it was too late." I shared my own annoyed words towards him, watching him give another bow of his head.

Toroah shook his head, his long ears folded down. "Truly I'm sorry for all of this."

"Fair enough I'll not demand further apologies or continue to chastise you as if you were a child. What's done is done, best we move on." Lorelai finished her tea then passed me the cup expectantly.

Toroah averted his eyes while I 'refilled' her cup. Lorelai didn't even bother adding tea to it and took a drink while it was still hot, a shudder filling her as she nodded at me in thanks, then spoke out. "So... Rachel didn't want to stand and fight, but she was compelled to do so? Ryder was chained to your own will and oath as well?"

"Yes, it's just something that comes with our ranks. Cadets are assigned under-"

"I don't like it!" She hissed out and met the rabbit's eyes. "I'll not add conditions to our peace, but I do not like my lover is restrained in such a way. Had he been free to act my brother would yet live."

"That's not something I can control, Lorelai, believe me, I do not like it and I rarely invoke it. Ryder knows I respect his choices and freedom in most situations."

"Ryder also appreciates you talking about him like he's in the room with you," I grumbled as I looked at both of them. "And you've stayed my hand many times in situations that would have been more beneficial to follow my lead."

"I simply air my displeasure over it, I did not expect you could change it." Lorelai finished the fresh blood and sighed. "The sun has no doubt risen and I am weary from this day. Do you have guest chambers in this place?"

"Of course, I wouldn't have brought you to a location that wasn't safe for lodging." Toroah gave a nod.

"Ryder, please retire with me, I suspect it will be our last day together for a few months to come, I will be quite busy after tonight." She gave me a strong look that said she had every intention of doing more than sleep.

"Of course, my love." I couldn't help but wag my tail as I responded.

"The house is yours for the day, I'll return to the citadel. Ryder can return you to Seville once the sun sets." Toroah stood and collected the saucers and cups.

"Thank you for your hospitality and comfort in this manner. Know I will not hold resentment towards you over this." Lorelai met the rabbit's eyes with her own, giving a nod of her head.

"I am grateful for that. May I see you again, Lorelai?" Toroah gave her a playful smile and I watch the sheep slowly blink before narrowing her eyes.

"You may... so long as Ryder is present. I find you fetching and polite, like him. However, you have not fully won my trust, and to be frank, were the carnal desires to surface, I'd want both of you." She proclaimed the words as if it were nothing, even as I barked in shock and Toroah even widened his eyes in surprise.

Lorelai gave me a bored look as she turned her gaze to me. "Come now, darling. You know how I am about new experiences, he is your lover and obviously shows interest in me, would it not be more ideal to you than me to go off alone with him?"

My head nodded a few times as I tried to process all that information. "Y-Yes, that all makes sense, not to mention I could keep it from being painful."

"That would not be the reason I have you with me Ryder." She hopped up from the chair and sauntered right over to the rabbit, a sway of confidence in her hips like she had the night she met me. Toroah had a look upon his face that was more than likely similar to how mine had been as well that night.

The ewe reached up and grasped his robes, jerking him down as the rabbit went right to a knee before her. "Use your power, I'd prefer not to have blisters for this." She hissed the words, then I watched her push to his mouth, her hands shaking a little as they cupped his face.

I had a maelstrom of emotions rush through me over this display. Of course, I was jealous and upset on some levels, but I was also intrigued, even excited to see the display. I knew I was fortunate to have my lovers and I never once assumed I'd be their only mate, but to see two of them together like this.

Lorelai withdrew from the kiss, their tongues parting as saliva hung from them and she pulled from him in full, hissing in pain as she shook her hands out. "You're a good kisser, I'd like to say the pain was worth it but... well I can endure it to give you that token of appreciation."

Toroah looked stunned, then saddened at her obvious pain. "I apologize, but thank you, it was quite enjoyable. You are beautiful and I am unworthy of the affection." He stood once more and offered her a bow.

"He lays it on thick, doesn't he?" Lorelai grumbled as she looked over at me and offered a smile.

"He does, and he can't make his mind up in bed either. Somedays he wants to throw you around, others he wants to be bossed around." I barked the words playfully as I moved over to my rabbit and offered him my own kiss, a quicker less intense one.

Toroah shivered at my touch and I gave him a look that I'd be the one tossing him around on the bed when I got home, then turned from him and returned to my ewe's side.

He took a moment to compose himself then gave us both a nod. "I hope to see you again, Lorelai." His eyes turned to mine and he smiled. "Enjoy yourself, Ryder, I love you," He cooed the sentiments and stepped right back into a gate before leaving us alone.

Lorelai looked upon me for a long moment, as if she had many questions for me, but eventually sighed and pushed her forehead to my chest. "Take me to bed, Ryder... Take me to bed and ravage me until I cannot think."

"Of course, my love." I held her tightly to me, kissing the top of her head while we embraced. I felt her hug tighten against me and held closer, knowing there were more tears to come. "I'll always be here for you, Lorelai..."

—♥—

Vampiric Elders:

In the darkest reaches of the shadows, in the most hushed of places, there lies the elder race of vampires. Truly frightening vampires with power that is said to challenge the champions of the gods themselves, and indeed did during the Crusades.

Three elders were present during the wars with the celestial military. When the three were at last slain, scores of knights, cadets, as well as Archangel Raphael and the Paladin lay dead in the aftermath. More frightening was that each acted individually. It's well accepted amongst the higher rank celestials that had the elders banded together, the world would be a very different place.

At least one elder is whispered to still be around, though it's unclear if they are hidden away plotting or simply in torpor while they wait for their children to gain strength. Regardless, if they ever show themselves, the world would no doubt be forever changed.

—♥—

"Rachel, it's a bit unorthodox to do this, but I'm taking you on as my uh... other first, I guess?" Toroah offered a grin as he gave a shrug.

I was standing in his office at attention, cocking my brow as Rachel just cocked her own at the words as well. "Beg your pardon, High Commander, but how can you have two firsts?"

It had been a week since that fateful night but as soon as Hagen fell, Rachels's wings shifted back to that of a third-class knight.

Toroah frowned and folded his arms. "Simply put, there are no other positions open but Charlotte's first. Samantha is in charge of the Bishops, and Ichiro doesn't have personal units."

"So why not Charlotte?" I asked curiously.

"Because taking on a first-class Knight is a very personal responsibility. I know and have sparred with you multiple times, Rachel, I know you well enough to pass the title to you, Charlotte doesn't."

The vixen gave a shrug. "Fair enough, but theoretically, couldn't Ryder just be Charlotte's first and I-"

"Absolutely not!" Toroah snarled the words with surprising heat and possession in his tone as he slammed a hand to his desk. I and Rachel both shared a look, acknowledging the reaction for what it clearly was.

"As you wish, High Commander. Will this influence Ryder's powers? If it will I'd rather stay-"

"Worry not, it will do nothing of the sort." The rabbit gave her a gentle smile and the situation seemed to be resolved as a knock came on the door.

Toroah looked shocked and even we stiffened at the familiar power. "Uh... Please enter, sir!" He called out respectfully.

Ichiro pushed the door to the office open to all three of us offering a perfect formal salute to the eldest of us. The st bernard lifted one drooped ear at the display then gave a labored sigh, "At ease."

"Is everything alright, Ichiro, sir?" Toroah frowned as he lowered his salute. I and Rachel held our own for a few moments longer before easing them as well.

The aged celestial gave a grunt as he leaned on the staff he carried with him at all times. I knew it was a powerful magic focus, but I think he kept it around to support his walking and standing as much as he did for channeling his powers. "That remains to be seen, but we'll find out soon enough."

"That sounds troubling, what's going on, Ichiro?" Toroah spoke out with a little worry in his voice as I and Rachel looked to the eldest of our ranks.

Ichiro moved his gaze straight to mine as he spoke pointedly, "The Seraph has requested an audience, with you specifically, Ryder."