Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 15

Story Info
Episode 15: We will right this wrong.
9.5k words
4.83
1.8k
1

Part 15 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

Quite the shock last episode, wasn't it, my lovely reader? Well, I hope so anyway! Our sheep has her work cut out for her, but she's not alone and now she knows there is hope in restoring the memories of that which was once lost.

Of course, her new brother has a lot to learn and you may have noticed we're getting closer to where the other tales left off. That's right my lovely reader, just like with Silverpaw, we'll be pushing out of the past soon enough, but... not quite yet!

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 15:

We will right this wrong

"Ngh... what... happened?" Ezekiel pushed a hand to his head as he sat up, then immediately clasped said hand to his mouth as the world spun.

"Close your eyes, it's going to take time for them to adjust," I spoke out while sitting before him in the chamber, my mother perched on her throne looking amused.

"I- do not feel the thrum of life in my veins... so I have fallen and turned eh?" He snarled the words, cracking his fingers and peeking out, his eyes narrowed to adjust to the light of the room and his new vision. The room was actually brighter and more appointed these days, but it was still minimalistic given what frequently happened. No sense putting carpet in just to be covered in blood.

"Half correct, my son," My mother showed her canines in a grin as Ezekiel slowly looked back, seeing his wings were still white. His eyes widened as he gasped, then I heard him gag before he shut his mouth and put his hand over it again.

"For fuck sakes, mother... let him get his vision and head cleared first!" I snarled out as I glared up at her, then shifted my focus back to him. "Look, you've got a lot to learn and process, but you're now my brother. I mean... I suppose by our court standards, I could refer to you as my child since I sired you, but that feels awkward and disrespectful to you." I shrugged a shoulder, I knew he was a prideful creature and I didn't want to shame him.

"I am grateful for that sentiment, Lorelai..." Ezekiel huffed the words as he rocked back to sit up, keeping his eyes closed as he focused himself.

"I shall refer to you as my child, as I would any in my family, your ego be damned." My mother hummed the words as she rolled a wineglass with some of my blood in it.

"Why did you have Lorelai do it, and not yourself?" Ezekiel spoke out, slowly cracking one eye open, then the other.

"Simply put, I wouldn't have stopped. Divine blood is a delicacy and I'd have taken it all. Also, despite my age and power, your sire has things going on in her that made it possible, I do not."

"Things going on?" His gaze ever so slowly shifted over towards me.

"I suppose it won't hurt to tell you now. The rabbit that was with Gloria... that's my lover, Alice. She's what we call a Chimera. She siphons powers off as a succubus or incubus would, but it's permanent, and as she takes on some of her donor's energy she can give her own in turn."

"That sounds absurd, yet what I saw before my eyes that day... She brought forth divine flames as well as hellfire. I could even feel her siphon off my own life when I had my hands on her before Elias showed up."

"Correct. In truth, had you prolonged the engagement much longer, she probably would have started pulling enough to weaken you and turn the tides. I've seen her do so many times to beings stronger than you," I spoke the words proudly. I was exaggerating a little, but I had seen it done with Sarnai, and I had no doubt she would be a match for Ezekiel presently.

"I would normally balk at that statement, but I've been humbled sufficiently as of late. Even before you requested to speak with me, I was berated for my decisions and stripped of my rank." He sighed and shifted his gaze to my mother. "So what happens now?"

She offered an amused grin. "Well, you've already had your frenzy, so now you learn to control that hunger, my brother. You also have a lot of catching up to do with your sister, so... I hope you're ready for a lot of pain."

Ezekiel gave her a resolute nod. "Whatever it takes to save him. I'll not leave my brother to rot in the nine hells."

"That fox, he really has stirred something in all of you. Why, I think were I in their position, I'd have done the same thing your Seraph did." She rubbed her chin before gracefully standing to give a lazy stretch. "Well... you have a lot of catching up to do, my son, so expect to see a lot of this place."

"As you wish... mother?" He spoke the title questioningly, and she gave him a beaming grin at it.

"Yes! You learn quickly... Ah but before that! Lorelai, I have orders for you, my daughter."

"What is your desire, mother?" I stood and dusted myself off.

"Reach out to the magi circle and take your new brother to... visit, that person." She gave me a wink.

I hadn't told Ezekiel Ryder could be spoken to, only what his fate currently was. I blinked a few times before quirking my ears up. "You wish him to speak to-" My jaws snapped closed as if they weren't my own as she gave me a look.

"Say no more, just take him to meet that person, it is something he needs to do on his own, do not explain." She hissed the words out and I felt the compulsion end, snapping my teeth a few times to make sure they were free before giving a nod.

"May I ask what is going on?" Ezekiel prodded at the two of us, but she just shook her head in response to his question.

"You will know soon enough, now both of you get going. Oh! And my Avenger, do not speak of this to any of your family yet, this needs to stay between us and the magi, tell Kazemde as such too."

"Speaking of that, what am I to tell the celestials when they come to me wondering where their brother went?" I cocked a brow curiously.

"You'll figure something out, you're a smart ewe." The Elder brushed my concern off with a flip of her hand, making me snarl at her casual response to my concern.

"I'd still like reasons as to why not to involve my own family, but I'll deal with this first." I nodded as I reached for my cellphone, calling to request to visit the circle.

"Yes, I'd like to come visit, it's not really business but I have someone for you to meet, yes, yes... yes. Look, Kazemde, I'll explain when I get there okay?! Okay, bye!" I snarled and shoved the phone back in my pocket, glaring at my mother as a gate snapped open before me. "We're talking later about this cloak and dagger nonsense."

"Oh, I can't wait!" She gave me a cocky grin as she waved me along and I nodded to Ezekiel before walking through the gate with him.

—♥—

Kazemde was at his desk, gloved hands folded looking stoic and proper since he had a new visitor, but that all shattered the moment he saw Ezekiel.

"What... in the name of the divine and dark gods?!" The mage hissed the words, his hood puffing out as he moved right over to us.

Ezekiel reeled back a little in shock as the cobra circled, looking him over in fascination. "Mage, what are you doing?!"

"Relax brother, he's just obnoxiously curious, he means you no harm" I sighed and stepped back to let the mage gawk at the turned-angel.

"Your words are sharp, Lorelai." Kazemde gave me a fussy look but kept looking the angel over before reaching a gloved hand out but hesitating. "May I touch these wings?"

Ezekiel showed his sharp teeth in a snarl, but gave a nod as he unfurled a wing, letting the bulk of it simply push into the mage. Kazemde gave a small shocked hiss, having to stagger back a few paces while I laughed at the display.

"Well, you did ask." I showed the lion an approving grin as he gave me a smirk. Kazemde seemed to be more worried about feeling the feathers.

"I can-... I can still sense divine power coursing through him. You realize this means he still has communion with his kind, yes? They can locate him if they will it." Kazemde gave me a curious look as he finally pulled away to start back towards his desk.

I responded with a simple shrug. "So? This place is shielded from them, as is where my mother resides. Let them come if they wish to debate things with me, it'll not go well for them if they attempt hostilities."

Kazemde offered a frown at that. "Lorelai, do you truly feel you would compare to-"

"I've not a shred of doubt in my mind. The trio of them could stand before me united, I'd break their wings and put them on their knees," I spat out as I clenched my fist, eyes red.

Ezekiel flinched at my words before speaking out, "Sister... I do not know how much I am allowed to talk back to you, but please try not to speak of maiming my former brothers and sisters. Regardless of my zeal, they are still like family to me and I love them."

I gave the lion an appraising glance and nodded. "I'll not force you to hold your tongue, Ezekiel, and I respect that level of care for your family. I'll keep that in consideration in the future, but know you are always free to speak with me as my brother. It was not my choice to turn you, I was forced to do so after all, I'll not hold you to any contracts as your sire."

"Well, that answers my next question." Kazemde rubbed at his chin as he settled down at his desk and laid the egg-sized ruby upon it. "Are you here for this, Lorelai?"

"Yeah, but I'm not supposed to explain the situation. I guess mother wants him to experience this for himself." I gave a shrug.

"I'm getting a little worried about all this, do you two plan to put me through some terrible magical ritual or something?" Ezekiel frowned and put a hand on his hip, cocking a brow. "She did go on about pain and agony earlier."

Kazemde gave a chuckle and motioned to one of the chairs before the desk. "It may be painful in some ways for you, but not in a physical sense. Sit and let us give you some privacy, then collect the gem and focus your thoughts. I'll put a ward upon the room so no sound will travel outward, you'll have complete privacy, just please do not touch anything else."

"Well, alright, I'll come find you when I'm... done, I guess?" The lion huffed the words as he took a seat, staring at the large gem on the desk before him as Kazemde ushered himself and me from the room.

"Do you think he'll be alright, Lorelai?" Kazemde asked me as we left the room and started walking through the chambers of the circle.

I frowned and pushed my hands into the jacket I had on. "I suspect there will be lots of crying and remorseful words between the two of them, but I think it'll do him some good. I get why mother didn't want to explain things right out."

"So, what happened?" The mage asked as we made our way out to one of the balconies of the tower.

With a sigh I leaned up against the railing, resting my elbows there as I stared out over the empty desert under the pale moonlight. "I... I offered him a place within our family, similar to what was given to Gloria, but I hadn't wanted to turn him, just let him experience what we were, but then mother..."

"So the elder intervened and forced it upon him?" Kazemde tilted his head at me as he leaned against the railing next to me.

"Well... it was his decision, even if it was under duress. The only thing she forced was me to do it." I gave a sigh and shook my head. "I've not sired another in... easily a millennium Kazemde, and the last time it was a sorrowful end... I was still very young and wasn't prepared for what came with it..."

"So it has jostled some bitter memories free, has it?"

"In a sense... it was so very long ago, I can't remember much of them, just glimmers of the whole thing. Still, it was a sad end for them, they couldn't handle the change and eventually gave up, just walking out into the sunlight."

"I can only imagine... my father used to tell me, after a century or so, you just kind of cling to important high points and move forward. You only have so much capacity to remember all the events you will experience in your time."

I gave him a nod. "Your father was correct. Even if I were to fall deeply in love with a mundane for example, how much time is that for me? No matter how pure and wonderful the sensations are, time will chip that away. I think this is why most of my kind seeks to keep relationships within our clan."

"Several relationships form within the circle as well. We are not as long-lived as your kind, but you're familiar that as magi, we have extended lifespans. We can see multiple generations come and go in our time, so on a small scale, I can relate to you on that, Lorelai."

"Kazemde..." I looked down upon the desert floor beneath us then back up at the moon. "The angels and hell aside, what am I to do about my sister? Alice has grown so strong, she may even be a match for Sarnai depending upon the situation, but is that how it has to be? Am I destined to watch two of my most cherished loved ones kill one another?"

"I don't have those answers for you, Lorelai. Our scholars have been searching for centuries and we cannot find anything on this affliction of Sarnai's. She has even come to call a few times over the decades on business, and I personally asked to look her over. She has no obvious curse or hex upon her soul. Whatever is in her, it's in her soul, and who can get into one's soul other than an incubi or succubi? Even then those changes are tempo-"

"Wait!" My ears perked at that. "Get in one's soul... Like, Alice does?"

Kazemde puffed his hood out and gave me a startled look as if he had also just come to that realization. "W-Well... yes!"

I quirked a brow and tilted my head, hands shifting my hips as I faced him. "Wait, has she been in your head, Kazemde? Are you and Alice...?"

Even in the darkness of the moonlight, I could see the faint heat come to his cheeks and hear his heart rate pick up. "Well, it's complicated. I allow her to feed upon me, but we do not engage in sexual activities, does that make sense?"

"So it's a sort of... plutonic relationship?"

"That would be accurate. I have been intimate with Alice in ways of holding one another, even sharing time together in the dreamscape, but it has never been of a sexual nature."

I showed him a grin and rolled my eyes. "So you get cuddling without having to put the sex forth first, that's what you're telling me?"

"That is one way to put it, yes." Kazemde gave me an awkward nod.

My arms folded as I gave him a direct look. "Back to the point. Alice... I mean, if we could get her to root around in Sarnai's dreams, I wonder if she could find something."

"I think we would need to do some tests first, let her practice delving deep into willing partners' psyches, and preferably ones that weren't wishing to murder her in cold blood." Kazemde gave me a flat look as he put a hand to his hip.

"Yeah... I'll need to find a way to sort all this out with them..." I sighed and rubbed at my head. "It was easier when I was the brooding loner, now I've so many to worry about."

"An oddly complicated life you live, Lorelai, but perhaps, count yourself lucky for having so many that love you."

"Hmph... I can't even save a single one of my loves, let alone the others ready to kill each other or the one that has completely forgotten most of our relationship." I gave another frustrated snarl as I pushed a hand up through my hair, tucking some of it behind one of my curled horns.

Kazemde pursed his lips at the words before giving a sigh, "Lorelai, you know my circle has very strict laws about how we handle information and confidentiality, yes?"

I gazed over at him and cocked a brow. "Of course, what of it?"

"I'm simply going to air my frustration on something, so please do not ask me questions, I'm just... complaining about work, understand?" He looked off in the distance with a frown.

"I get it, what's been so rough about... work, Kazemde?"

"One of our clients who we owe some favors asked to cash it all in a few years ago for some information, but like many things, it doesn't just appear out of thin air for us." He even completed the act by rubbing his hairless head with a gloved hand.

I gave him a nod. "Yeah, I can see how that would be annoying."

His gaze shifted to mine as he spoke, "They were seeking ancient knowledge for their people, knowledge on how to declare an internal right to have a house duel for satisfaction."

"I see..." I didn't bother hiding the frown on my face as I looked away from him.

"We've already found the knowledge, but I'm struggling on when to present it. I have so many threads tied up in the whole thing, and they're both very valuable clients, it would be a shame to lose either of them..."

"Ah, I can see your dilemma in that. On an interesting unrelated conversational note... You know Alice is actually going to try to meet with those dumb angels to discuss a peace treaty with us all."

"That is a terribly interesting idea, do you think she has the diplomatic suave to pull such a thing off?" Kazemde looked upon me curiously.

"If she approaches matters earnestly, I think they'll at least listen, they kind of owe her one after the whole situation that happened recently." I gave a shrug. "Rachel has been in contact with Sarnai off and on throughout the centuries."

"You mean the new High Bishop?" He smiled at me, knowing he had just given me new information.

"Why yes, the new High Bishop." I nodded and clicked my tongue before continuing, "Perhaps... one could ask Rachel to deliver the message to your client. Perhaps I'll speak with Toroah after the meeting and lay a few contingency plans into place, then if some information leaked to start an incident, I'd have all my ducks in a row. That is if I have time... perhaps another... five years or so?" I looked over at the mage and lifted a brow.

"Well, Alice is a dear friend of mine, I do hope she does well with the negotiations. I think in regards to that client I spoke of, I may just bide my time for a few more years before giving her the information. Perhaps in hopes, something will stabilize between their groups."

I gave him another nod before speaking, "I think that would be wise, Kazemde... Thank you... for letting me ramble I mean."

"What are friends for?" He showed me a sharp-toothed grin before turning to walk back towards the entry to the tower.

"Are we friends now, Kazemde?" I showed him my own grin as I followed beside him.

"We've talked a lot these last years and you've even cried upon my chest while I held you. Is that something you'd do with a total stranger or mere acquaintance, Lorelai?" He hissed the words with a chuckle as I frowned at them.

"Tch... all these stupid damn loved ones making me cry. I've done it far too often these days, more than I have in centuries." I snarled the words and poked my nose up, putting my hands on my hips. "All the same, I suppose I do appreciate you being there for me, as a friend."

He led us back to his office right as Ezekiel stepped out of it. Kazemde must have felt the connection end, or perhaps it was just good timing. The lion looked upon us both as we approached and it was clear he had been crying, his blue eyes were bloodshot but not red as if he were channeling power.

"How was it?" I asked him conversationally as I strode over and clapped a hand hard on his arm in a bid of comfort.