Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wiped my mouth of blood with my free hand, setting my saber and jaw. "Sorry, but you simply can't win this, I know you ancient spirits have a hard time coping with loss, but I won't forgive what you did to my angel and wolf," I growled the words in a calm tone, tail lashing through the air.

'Ours are they? This is news to me.'

'Shut up and focus!'

'Aye aye, Captain Silverpaw.'

"You really are a mad little thing, I will adore breaking you over the coming centuries, fox." Triallia cooed the words, then showed me a wide grin as she snapped her fingers, sending a massive wave of green fire rolling over me.

I summoned forth my own fire and pushed another stream of it forward right into the central mass of flames, parting it as the hellfire exploded where she was standing, but of course, she wasn't there.

"You didn't expect to hit me with that, did you?" She hummed out from behind, I could practically imagine the smirk on her face.

A loud clap of sound rang out as my revolver discharged, I had already drawn it after firing off the lance and positioned it under my saber arm. The ninetails gave a shrill bark as she backed up, putting a paw to her hip, then looking at the blood, her yellow eyes shaking in rage.

"These bullets are made of the same material as my sword, good luck healing that." I shouldered my blade and gave her a bored look as I lifted my gun to point at her. "Like I said, predictable."

She clenched her teeth, her eyes flushing from yellow to emerald green as her flames started to roll off her form. "Enough!"

I reinforced my stance and set my jaw. "I agree, let's settle-"

My ears lifted as I heard an unearthly howl of fury from the gate, then a blur of white flames descended upon the spirit, my husband showing his teeth in a furious snarl as he drove a fist right into the ninetails jaw, sending her sprawling back in a heap through the sand.

"Damn all of you!" Triallia screamed as she picked herself up and launched herself towards my husband.

"Elias!" I screamed out, trying to process everything as the spirit sent her strike out in a similar attack that nearly killed Alex. The green slashes slammed into a field of red that sent sparks of emerald and crimson in all directions, the ninetails pulling her bloody paw back with a shocked gasp.

"No, damn you, damn you for what you did to Alex, Gloria, and my fox!" Katrina stood there, both guns drawn, her eyes blood-red. I looked around to see a microscopic mist of blood droplets all around us.

Trillia snarled and leaped into the air, firing off another lance of flames that roared out towards my cat, but Katrina simply willed the mist to gather, a large flash of bloody-red light showing as the flames deflected away against the shield, the cat then firing off a shot from each revolver.

The spirit twisted in the air to avoid the gunfire but as she descended Elias was there and she came down right to both his hands outstretched, a mighty eruption of divine fire slamming into the fox as she flew back, slamming into a large boulder on the beach, a massive swath of glass left behind from the flames.

"Sarnai, you stupid bitch!" He screamed out at me, his eyes pure white as he threw a hand out, glaring upon me. "You won't sacrifice yourself again, I'll never allow it!"

"Neither will I! I'll protect both of you, and everyone else!" Katrina moved to my side, keeping both guns trained on Triallia as she picked herself up, panting and snarling.

I showed them both a grin, feeling emotional at their rescue even if my husband was a little more mouthy than I'd appreciate normally. "Ha... you two are something else... Thank you, I didn't know how much longer-"

"Enough talk, she comes!" Elias barked out as we all three scattered a massive ball of green fire landing in the sand where we stood before exploding, sending darts of flames all around.

"Ha, I've not had such fun in nearly a century!" I barked out with a wide grin as I dodged between the flames.

"Kill you, I'll kill all of you!" Triallia screamed in a mad voice, her paw blurring as she sent lances of green flames at us while we danced and weaved between them.

I decided it was time for a little fair play and as she fired off a blast towards Elias, I blurred towards her. The ninetails jerked her gaze to see me face to face with her. I showed her my teeth in a wide grin before slamming my forehead right into her muzzle. The dog barked furiously as she backed up before seeing me draw my gun and fire off a shot.

Blurring from sight to dodge the bullet I then heard her howl out in pain as several bloody shards flew into her back before exploding in small flames of hellfire and divinity. Katrina showed a snarky grin as she hissed out mockingly, "Predictable."

"You little wretched-" Elias didn't let her finish the curse, moving in and driving his knee into her stomach before spinning to send a flaming kick into her jaw. The ninetails slammed into the ground, bouncing against the sand several yards before picking herself up with pant, her fur scorched in several places, showing burned flesh and open wounds.

"Brother! Don't just stand there!" She screamed at the other ninetails who had just been enjoying the show.

The golden-haired fox raised his handpaws as he showed a coy grin on his muzzle. "Woah... no can do sis, I'm oath-bound to stay out of this battle, remember?"

By now the three of us had surrounded her, flames rolling off all of us as Triallia clenched her muzzle, her sharp bloody teeth showing as she snarled at the situation. I could see her plotting in her eyes but I wouldn't let her have the time to think of a solution, I knew the best thing to do was keep her on her toes.

"Come on, where's that bravado now, bitch?!" I barked out as I leaped forward, sending my flaming saber at her, making her side step only to take a lance of radiant fire to the side, then another half dozen shards of bloodsteel from Katrina.

"D-Damn you!" She blurred out of sight, hopping back several yards to regroup herself, her one handpaw clutching at her chest as she panted. "I'm not at the height yet, but know I'll not forgive this!"

"You're not running away again!" I screamed out as I sprang forward, the fox widening her eyes as I slammed a flaming fist into her jaw, sending her to the ground with a massive displacement of earth.

Her eyes focused on me, furious and full of rage before she swept my feet out from under me and dove upon me with her flaming paw outstretched, but as it came towards my face I pushed the barrel of my revolver to her forehead, the hammer cocked back.

She showed her teeth, growling as we stared face to face with one another. She could easily send that fire straight into my eyes, but I could just as easily pull the trigger. The sound of two more hammers cocking back were heard as Katrina trained both her guns on the ninetails, the barrels only a few inches from the side of her head.

"I'll blow your fucking brains out if you hurt my fox," She hissed the words out, eyes flaming red, hellfire drifting off the barrels of her guns.

"Triallia, get up and walk away. I'll keep my wife at bay, but if you don't, me and Katrina will kill you, I assure you of that," Elias growled the words, the sound in his voice cold and furious.

"Sister... I'd like to tell you to practice self-preservation, but if you die I get your power, so feel free to ignore them," The other ninetails hummed the words with amusement.

I showed her a wide toothy grin as I pushed the barrel of my gun harder into her forehead. "I baited you into this you know, so predictable... go on... do it, I'll trade my vision to blow your fucking brains out and listen to my husband rip you limb from limb."

Triallia showed me a furious snarl, staring hard into my eyes, Katrina pushing her own guns up against the side of the foxes head. The ninetails scowled as she shifted her gaze to the cat, then to my husband before hesitantly asking, "Your word?"

"My word. Get off my wife and go in peace, we will do the same," Elias huffed out pointedly.

"My word. Go in peace, we'll do the same." Katrina nodded as she pulled one gun away, leaving only the left one to Triallia's head.

Her gaze shifted back to mine and narrowed, I showed her a haughty grin. "We'll settle this later, but for now, you can have my word. Tuck your fucking tails and skitter away like you did before, I won't shoot you in the back," I spat the words up into her face, my bloody spittle hitting her muzzle which sported several cuts and gashes.

She scowled furiously but pulled away, slowly taking a step back. "So be it. Know this changes little when I come at full strength and with my armies."

"Leave!" Elias shouted at her and the ninetails returned a snarl before bounding backward as she faded from sight.

Katrina offered me a hand as I climbed to my feet, then we all heard a slightly muffled sound of clapping as the summer spirit took a few steps towards us, clapping his handpaws together. "That was exquisite, why, I've not seen that bitch put in her place like that in millennia!"

My cat hissed as she trained both guns on him, her ears folding as she panted out, sounding winded. "You going to try your luck too? I'll dance all night."

"Whoa, I'm not at my height right now and I'm not feeling particularly suicidal." He showed an oddly amused grin given the situation.

"Your word!" I barked out sharply.

The ninetails sighed and rolled his eyes, "You've my word I'll not try anything, but I do want some answers, like who are you guys?"

"Just some foxes and a cat, taking care of their family, nothing so special," Elias spoke out as he forced the divine flames away, then I saw his knees buckle as I quickly moved to brace him, Katrina moving to his other side, the fox throwing both arms over our shoulders as he gave a fatigued huff.

"You'll hear from us soon regarding your shard, know we do not do it out of malice, and you will have a fair opportunity to regain it," Katrina spoke out politely if not a little winded, her feet starting to move as I matched her pace.

"I'm not happy about the situation, but I'm nothing if not curious. I'll wait and see what you have to say then. Thanks for the show, you've given me a lot to think about." He stepped aside, pushing a handpaw out towards the gate.

"At least you're not all rampaging maniacs," I snarled as I walked with my husband bracing upon me.

"We are all a little mad at the height of our power, try to understand my sister's point of view too." He huffed and turned from us, quickly fading from sight.

"That asshole owes me a new ship..." I muttered with a growl as we passed through the gate, all of us a little bloodier and bruised, but me especially so.

Lorelai rushed up to us, tears in her eyes but a furious look on her face. "You stupid dogs and cat!"

I showed her a grin then closed my eyes, letting the tension of battle go. "Give me a lecture later, love. I need a nap..." Panting the words I gave a weak huff before feeling darkness surround me as I collapsed, hearing my name called out in panic by several of them before the unconsciousness took me.

—♥—

Coming to, I didn't recognize the room or bed I was in, but given the general decor, it wasn't hard to assess I was still at the circle, no doubt in one of their guest beds. I pushed a hand to my head, rubbing at it as I tried to collect my thoughts.

"Decided to rejoin us, Lady Blackpaw?" I shifted my gaze to the corner of the small room, seeing a gate had parted, Kazemde moving into the room as it closed.

I gave the archmage a nod. "Hey, good to see you made it back safe. Are my brother and sister well?"

"They are, I'd have not been able to accomplish the goal without them. Those twins are truly formidable. When we took the orb the whole shrine was enveloped in barbed vines and various other plants. They had to fend off dozens of fae as I kept the flora at bay."

"Sounds like a wild time," I spoke out weakly and sat up against the pillows.

"Nothing in comparison to your own. Elias filled me in on the situation. I didn't realize you had such power, Lady Blackpaw."

"Neither did I." With a sigh I looked away, folding my hands in my lap. "That bitch tormented my dreams, I'd been mentally preparing myself for a rematch since that first night. I replayed our battle in my head over and over again. She's ancient, so I assumed she'd keep the same tricks, not having needed to change up tactics since she always overwhelmed."

"Very astute, you'd make a formidable mage I think." The archmage gave me a nod of approval.

"Ha... I do well to keep what I have in check. Between the demons wanting to destroy everything and arguing to myself, I think my plate is full enough. I'll leave the magic to my girlfriend."

"Ah yes, I had sensed that within your soul. I did not realize it was such a developed bond." He nodded in understanding.

My gaze focused on him as my ears perked curiously. "Really? Well, what can you tell me about what's going on inside me."

The cobra gave a casual shrug. "Nothing you've not already surmised, I'm sure. Alice had explained in detail what she encountered within you that night. It sounds like the powers simply manifested a portion of your own self to form the being that now resides within you."

'I've already told you as such, have I not? I'm still you and you're still me, but I can think for myself when I need to.' The voice came to me and I frowned, flicking my ear as I tried to pay attention to both of them.

"Yeah, they, or we as it were, have recently gotten more vocal, communing even when I'm awake, whereas before it was usually only in slumber," I spoke out pointedly, making a mental thought to tell the other me to quiet down for now.

"That sounds terribly fascinating, I'd love to experience that and see what type of personality I would have." The cobra gave me a curious gaze, giving me that same look he had given Gloria when she arrived in her archangel state.

"Probably an overly curious weirdo like you, Kazemde." I showed him a playful grin at my jab, hoping he realized I wasn't being malicious.

His eyes widened, his hood puffing out slightly in surprise, taking a moment to process the words before he hissed out in a chuckle. "Oh, oh. You were being satirical, yes that was a good one."

"So do you think it'll be okay with... us?" I asked curiously.

"I do. I think your bond is developing, but it's still just you at the end of the day. You can make many things from a skein of thread, but it's all still the same thread at its base."

"Thanks, Kazemde. I'll try not to worry about the overly horny weirdo in my head then." I showed a grin at him, speaking the words more as a jab at myself than anything else.

My inner self snapped out fussily, 'Hey! You're just as perverted as me these days, miss I wanted to do it at the citadel! I had nothing to do with that one!'

Kazemde watched my eyes slightly darting as I conversed with myself and showed a knowing grin. "Let me go inform your loved ones that you've awakened, they'll be keen to see you."

"Thanks, was I out long?"

The cobra waved a gloved-hand nonchalantly. "Only for the day, the sun has recently set anew. Though I sense my student is still unconscious, her body will probably take a little longer to recover."

"Is Katrina okay? I was shocked to see her powers so magnified."

He nodded and sighed. "She pushed too hard, she was pulling from her own life force right at the onset, thankfully once the greater spirit was injured from the first strike, she was able to start using Triallia's own blood in the spells, but that initial shield she erected nearly killed her. Had she been mundane it surely would have."

I gave a grim nod as I slumped back into my pillows. "Damn, what a cat... We're lucky to have her."

"She will be a mighty force to be reckoned with in the future, I've never seen one blend their natural talent with the arcane so seamlessly. Ah, but that's enough of that, Alice and the others are keen to see you, let me retrieve them."

"Sounds good, thanks again, Kazemde." I gave him a smile as he bowed and stepped back into a gate.

—♥—

I gave you a resolute sigh before picking back up my drink. "And now you're caught up, my child." You looked between myself, Elias, and Katrina, all of us having given you excerpts of the last few days.

Katrina showed her teeth in a scowl at your very first question, her cheeks growing darker. "Really? We fought off a greater nature spirit that wants to wipe out all civilization and you're wanting to know if I sealed the deal with those two dogs?"

Elias chuckled as he rolled some blood in his own wine glass. "Didn't you though? I could have sworn I smelled Gloria and Alex heavily upon you shortly after it all settled."

"Y-Yeah, but-"

"Oh ho, is it about to be naughty storytime with Katrina? Don't leave us all waiting, give us the details." I showed her a wide grin, seeing my cat squirm in her seat, looking away awkwardly.

Your words came to her playfully but also in comfort and she hissed out with a fussy glare, "I know I don't have to! But uh... well it's not like I've not regaled you before of such things."

"I find this prospect particularly interesting, given they're partners of yours I do not share in. So please, do go on my cat," Elias growled the words with a hunger in his voice.

"You're such a voyeur, husband." I hummed playfully as I rolled the blood around in my own glass.

"Hey, it's not like that, I just like hearing about it sometimes!" He barked out in a playful defensive tone.

You spoke out eagerly and I shifted my full attention to Katrina as did my husband, a grin showing as I spoke eagerly, "Well, my cat... are you going to share the details, or have you sworn to keep it secret?"

Katrina's cheeks darkened, her heart obviously pounding as she averted her eyes. "Fine... I guess it can't hurt if it'll appease you, perverts."

—♥—

When I came to, I was in my room at the circle and the first thing I noticed before even opening my eyes was the scent of the two of them. Slowly looking around, I quirked a brow to see Gloria sitting in a chair at the side of my bed, she was leaning forward, her head resting on her folded arms, dozing as she leaned against the mattress.

"She's been out about an hour. She's been periodically using her healing energies on you." I shifted to the sound of the voice, seeing Alex sitting on another chair at the other side of my bed.

"Well being what I am, I'm sure that doesn't help her powers work like they should." I huffed the words out weakly, my throat feeling dry and my voice coming out raspy as I shifted to sit up in the bed.

My movements made the retriever's ears lift before she rose from her arms, giving a wide yawn, her wings spreading out before one of them hit the end table, making it clatter over before she barked out in surprise. "Ah! Sorry, sorry!" She huffed out as she quickly moved to right the tumbled furniture.

"Still getting used to them I see," I spoke the words in what sounded like a whisper, wincing as I rubbed at my throat. "Damn, how long have I been down?"

"It's been about a day and a half," Alex responded to my question pointedly as he nodded.

"No wonder I'm so hun-" I quirked a brow as Gloria shifted and presented her wrist to me.

"You were so brave, I could see most of what happened through the gate, it's no wonder you're so fatigued." She hummed the words in a motherly tone as my now red eyes looked from her face to the veins in her wrist.

"You mean when you weren't howling in fury and chopping at the damn gateway with your sword?" The wolf quipped back with a coy grin.