Blood Wild

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, Walt got mad because he lost money in the game. That's not surprising... seeing his wife giving Duke a blow job would have only made that worse. I wouldn't have thought Walt would go so far as to shoot her though." Gerald said tiredly as he studied his old pal, Hank.

"I don't think he meant to shoot Viv, Ger. I think he was going to shoot Duke. But his aim was off because I rushed him. I guess it's my fault really. I felt bad for her." Hank said with the taint of sorrow in his voice.

"Yeah, that doesn't take much effort to believe, but still, I need to find him and find out for sure. I need to ask Vivian if she wants to press charges. Guess I'll be making a trip into Kansas City this morning. Damn!" Gerald said tiredly as he reached for another cigarette in his breast pocket.

"I drove Vivian and Duke to Walt and Viv's house... she was bleeding pretty badly but I had taken my shirt off so she could use it to press into the wound to slow the bleeding. Duke was in the back seat with a full bottle of scotch that he snatched before we left the shed." Hank told Gerald in an almost dreamlike tone as if he were barely awake.

"You didn't take her to the hospital?" Gerald asked leaning back forward to pick up his lighter and light his cigarette.

"Nah, I offered to but she said it wouldn't be right. She had me roust her kid, Trina. The girl drove Viv to Kansa City in their own car. After they drove off, I took Duke to his place. I dropped him off at the end of the lane and let him walk the rest of the way home. I sure as hell didn't want to tangle with Caroline. She's Hell on wheels when she's mad, and I knew she would be mad as hell when Duke got home. If I had to answer to her and tell her what happened..." Hank visibly shuddered then looked up at Gerald questioningly.

"Yeah, I see your point. I'm sure Duke caught hell as it was, if she knew the rest, there might have been two shootings last night." Gerald agreed with gallows humor, the smirk on his tired face showing his understanding.

Standing up wearily, Gerald stretched his arms overhead and leaned back to the sounds of his back crackling and popping. He groaned softly before straightening back up and reaching for his lighter that rested on the table. After he picked up his hat, Gerald stopped beside his still seated friend and placed one hand on his shoulder briefly.

"Get some sleep Hank, you look awful." He said and grinned at the rolling eyed expression Hank gave him when he looked up at Gerald.

"I was trying to do that when you came pounding on my door." Hank grumped as he rubbed both hands over his swollen and grimy face.

At the door, Gerald turned back to Hank and asked:

"Any idea where Walt wondered off to?"

"Well, him and Viv came to the shed in his truck. I don't think he was sober enough to start it last night, but he may have sobered up by now. Check at his house. If not, he might still be at the shed or on one of the other shanties around the lake." Hank told him.

"Okay, I guess we'll just have to look for him, eventually." Gerald said as he pulled the door closed behind him and put his hat on as he stood on the tilted front porch of Hank's trailer. The old dog groaned and thumped his tail a couple of times before taking a deep breath and letting out a canine equivalent of a sigh, then went back to sleep.

"Yeah pal, I wish I were in your place right now." Gerald thought to himself as he eyed the old dog, then went down the steps and crossed to his patrol car to get in.

***___***___

The bell for second period sounded and the rustling sounds of papers and books being slammed shut as students stood up to leave their desks and exit the classroom. The murmuring sound of various conversations rose along with the shuffling of feet on the cold tile flooring that echoed from the hallway. Tom was one of the last to rise from his desk, his stomach growled as he caught a tantalizing whiff of lunch being prepared and served in the cafeteria.

It was lunch time, and on this day, like many others, he had no money for food. He'd had to rush to leave home in time to catch the bus so he had brought nothing to eat with him. Stopping outside the cafeteria at the water fountain, Tom drank a lot more water than would be normal. He was trying to fill his empty stomach to keep it from growling in the middle of his next class. Rather than go into the cafeteria and be tormented by the smell of the food being served, Tom opted to go outside and sit in the sun on the front steps of the main entrance. Something he'd done on many occasions, for the exact same reason.

Lee was just coming out of the girl's restroom across the hall from the cafeteria when she saw Tom push out the front doors. Seeing Silvia and her sycophant sorority entering the cafeteria helped Lee come to a decision. Clutching her paper bag that held her own lunch, she turned towards the front doors as well.

Pushing through the doors, Lee saw that Tom had taken a seat half way down the steps and was sitting on the flat of the side retainer wall on that side of the steps. Stepping down slowly, one step at a time. Lee stopped in front of him, Tom looked up to see who it was.

"Mind if I sit with you?" Lee asked timidly, both hands clutching her books and that little brown bag in front of her as she gently swayed a little side to side, almost holding her breath waiting for his reply.

Tom's heart did a little flip in his chest before it started racing. It took him a minute to even realize that the girl had spoken to him, in fact had asked him a question. When his star struck mind finally registered the question he brightened noticeably and scooted over slightly to make more room.

"Sure... I... I mean... No! I don't mind if you sit." Tom sputtered then turned his head away and bit his tongue, angry with himself for sounding so stupid.

Lee smiled, both from relief and because she thought she saw a trace of blush on Tom's face before he turned away out of shyness. At least, she hoped it was shyness. That thought caused her to frown a bit as she had second thoughts racing through her own mind. Still though, she turned and eased into sitting down, making sure her skirt didn't ride up or fly open.

"Th... Thanks... Tom. It is Tom, isn't it? Your name I mean." She asked meekly wanting desperately to look him in the face but only chancing brief glances as she sat her books to one side and still clutched her bagged lunch in front of her on her lap.

"Yeah... it's Tom... and you're Lee... right?" Tom confirmed then asked haltingly. He himself sneaking furtive glances at this blond-haired angel sitting beside him.

"Thanks again, for this morning... picking up my books and all." Tom gushed then blushed and turned away again, his heart beating in his ears.

"Oh, that was nothing, anyone would have helped I guess." Lee smiled sheepishly and her own face felt warm.

"No, not everyone would have. Most would have just laughed and walked on by." Tom remarked sadly, the truth of most human nature, something he knew too well.

"Well, they should have." Lee stated with a voice of certainty.

Tom's stomach growled about that time. He grimaced and felt so embarrassed that he wished a hole would open up in the ground and just swallow him up. The sound made Lee giggle. She thought it was cute. Then she remembered her own lunch was sitting right there in her lap. Eyeing the discomfort apparent on Tom's face as he looked away, she realized that he was not eating lunch. She couldn't know why but that was not important. She decided to share what she had, if he'd accept it.

"Plain old peanut butter and jelly sandwich, again. I really am tired of the same old thing every day. Hey! At least mom packed an apple for me. Say, you want my sandwich? I'm not going to eat it." Lee said in a light tone of voice trying not to sound too pushy. Tom turned around to look at her to see if she were joking or messing with him.

"Really? You're not going to eat it?" he asked sounding a little suspicious of Lee's offer.

"No, really. If you don't want it, I'll just put in the trash can on the way back in to class." She said trying to sound like it was something she did every day.

Tom gave Lee a sidelong glance that edged on suspicion but that was the exact same time his stomach growled again. Lee grinned at him and held out the sandwich. Tom smiled a little sheepishly but accepted the sandwich from her with a nod and a thank you. Lee smiled in return and turned back to her lap and picked up the apple and took a dainty bite.

The sandwich was wrapped in waxed paper, two thick slices of obviously homemade bread, a thick layer of peanut butter and an equally healthy amount of grape jelly. Tom's mouth was watering before he even took the first bite. He glanced up just as he was biting into it to see Lee bashfully watching him with a smile on her face.

"Mmmm... Thanks." Tom said around a mouthful of sandwich, his eyes alight with pleasure.

Lee just smiled and nodded as she took another dainty bite of her apple. They both ate in silence. A loaded silence perhaps, both of their minds were racing to match the racing of their hearts. What to say, what to do? Furtive glances and awkward smiles when each caught the other looking. They were both giddy by the time the sandwich and the apple were consumed. Before either could begin any kind of conversation though the bell rang.

"Time to go..." Lee said as she stood up reluctantly, turning to pick up her books to clutch them to her chest.

"Th... thanks for the sandwich... Lee." Tom spoke hastily, and he stood as well, some from manners some to get ready to go to his next class as well.

They climbed the few steps to the front doors side by side, almost but not quite rubbing shoulders. Tom pushed opened the door for Lee and she bowed her head in a nod and graciously preceded him through the entry. Inside the halls were crowded with other students rushing to their next classes, among them, just exiting the cafeteria were none other than Sylvia, Delores and Rita. Tom and Lee were oblivious to the trio, but the three girls didn't miss Tom and Lee. Sylvia's eyes all but smoldered as she glared holes into Lee's back.

"Isn't that Lee? With Tom?" Rita whispered loudly as she leaned into Sylvia's side.

"Shut it!" Sylvia barked as she shrugged her shoulder as if to swat away Rita and her buzzing voice.

"She's such a country bumpkin." Delores said spitefully and rolled her eyes.

"Well, isn't Tom a bumpkin too?" Rita asked sounding a little confused, but she looked even more confused when Delores elbowed her in the side while giving her a stern look and shaking her head while nodding towards Sylvia.

"Oh yeah... right..." Rita said softly as she bit her bottom lip and gave Sylvia a sidelong glance. Both girls' faces were red, Rita's from embarrassment, Sylvia's from a growing jealous anger.

"Bitch..." Sylvia muttered under her breath. Rita wondered if Sylvia were talking about her or Lee.

***___***___

"Order up!" Yelled Bill through the kitchen window as he set a plate on the sill and reached looked at the next order ticket hanging on the carrousel.

"Not so loud Bill, Yvonne all but growled back at him as she picked up the plate and turned around to set it on the counter a few feet away in front of the waiting customer.

The lunchtime crowd was thinning out and Yvonne and Deeny were finally starting to catch their breath. Yvonne had been on shift since 5:30 that morning. Deeny normally only worked till 3:30. Both would be relieved soon by Sally Randal who worked the dinner shift Monday through Friday. She and Yvonne were the only full-time waitresses that Hank employed. There were two other girls who worked part time and usually covered the overnight and weekend shifts. Still though, the hours weren't bad for it being only a part time job.

Hank had hired Deeny mostly because he was friends with Deeny's dad Duke. That's what everyone knew anyway. There was another reason why Hank had agreed to let Deeny work at the diner. A reason that only she and Hank knew of, and she wasn't sure if she'd ever tell anyone else. It was a dirty little secret that Deeny would just as soon keep secret. Lord knows there's enough dirt in and around this town already. The things people get into behind closed doors or when they'd had too much to drink would be shocking to most folks.

Sally came in a little after 3:00. With her was a very grumpy Jimmy Randal, her nephew. Sally told the girls and Bill that Hank wouldn't make it in till tomorrow morning. Jimmy was going to work the rest of the day and overnight. He didn't look too happy about it, Deeny thought to herself. Yvonne and Lee counted down their register and receipts, then split their tips with Bill. Bill had a smoke on the back steps before climbing in his truck and going home. It had been a long night and day for him.

Deeny had to relieve herself before leaving to pick up Lee at the high school. Yvonne was standing at the sink looking in the mirror trying to primp a little bit. She was fluffing her chestnut hair, pulling at faded and silvered whisps with a smirk bordering on a frown. She was still there when Deeny finished and came out of the stall. Yvonne looked a little dejected as she studied herself in the mirror.

"What's wrong Y?" Deeny asked, using the familiar contraction of Yvonne's name that sounded oddly like she was asking the question "Why".

Yvonne looked over at the younger girl at the next sink as she washed her hands and primped herself a little in the mirror as well. Yvonne smiled sadly, both for the answer that first came to her mind and for the reason that she wanted so badly to just grab Deeny by the waist and kiss those full beautiful lips of hers... but knew that she had to wait till the time was right... if ever.

"Nothing wrong honey. I'm just a tired old hussy who's pushing past her prime. I guess I'm just feeling my years and maybe a little sorry for myself." Yvonne said in a tired voice while she watched Deeny dab at her face and fuss a bit with her hair.

"You might be a tired hussy, but you're not "old". Girl... half the men who come in this place ogle you like you were on the dessert menu." Deeny said with a giggle before turning to look at Yvonne.

"Well, don't you just say the nicest things? You're so sweet YOU should be on the dessert menu!" Yvonne said with a giggle and winked at Deeny.

"I'd love to eat you up little lady!" Yvonne thought to herself as she smiled at Deeny if a little sadly.

Deeny stood there for a moment longer looking into the sad eyes of the older waitress, the smile was genuine but it was as sad as the eyes looking back at her. How could such beautiful emerald green eyes look so sad? There was something else in those eyes, something that Deeny had seen in the looks of a couple of others in her few short years. While it made her heart skip a beat or two it also made her shiver for some reason.

Wringing her hands dry on the old roll down cloth towel dispenser hanging beside the mirror, Deeny took a deep breath. On impulse she stepped over to Yvonne and stood directly in front of her looking up slightly into the taller woman's eyes. Their faces were only inches apart and both could feel the other's breath on their lips. Both women searched the other's eyes for a moment. Sensing this was not the moment to explore, Deeny smiled a bit nervously and reached out with her left hand and rubbed Yvonne's right arm just below the shoulder.

"See you tomorrow morning Y..." Deeny said almost reverently before releasing Yvonne's arm and turning to exit the lady's room.

Yvonne, inhaled with a gasp. She hadn't even realized that she had been holding her breath. She leaned back resting her backside against the front edge of the porcelain sink, crossing her right arm across her modest bosom and fanning her face with her left hand. As she replayed what had just happened over and over in her mind, she started to smile. It was a genuine smile, full of hope and curiosity.

***___***___

After Deeny had climbed into the old blue chevy and started up the engine, she sat for a moment and a shiver ran through her body. She reached up with the fingers of her right hand and gently touched her lips and closed her eyes. "Would that be what Y's lips felt like?" she wondered to herself. Her own lips curled into a soft smile and she shuddered again. Taking a deep breath, Deeny shifted in her seat and then put the old car into gear and backed out of the gravel parking lot and turned onto the road. Her little sister should be waiting for her by now.

As she drove through town and then out to the high school, Deeny thought back to an evening two years earlier. The night of the Wilding Barn Dance. For many years the annual Wilding Barn Dance had been something to look forward to. Young and old alike would dress up in costumes, many good enough that you didn't know who they were really. There would be food and music and dancing, and as with any kind of gathering there was always alcohol, be it beer, homemade wine, gin, harder spirits or even moonshine. Someone always got drunk, often there were fights over women of course.

That year wasn't her first Wilding, but it would probably be her last. Things just got too far out of hand. She had gone with a group of girlfriends from school. They had all dressed as gypsies complete with scarves that could be pulled over an ear to hide their face, all but their eyes. They met up with some boys of course, at the dance. Most of the evening it had been fun with lots of dancing and laughing. As the evening wore on though, couples began pairing off and disappearing off into the shadows around the barn or in the hay field where the bonfire had been lit.

It wasn't just the younger folks seeking out places for a little privacy, many of the older men and women were as well. With most everyone in costumes though it was hard to tell who was who, especially in the shadows and darkness. Deeny herself had been making out with a boy who had been forward enough to make a play for her while dancing earlier. He was a little taller than her, and pretty well filled out, that was obvious even with a costume on. Her pirate had swept her away and things were heating up quickly.

Unfortunately, the two got separated. He had said he was going to get them a couple of drinks and be right back. Deeny was still waiting in the shadows of a tack room off the main barn when a drunken union soldier stumbled through the door. Deeny could tell he was really drunk and not acting the part from the bottle in one hand and the smell that emanated off of him like an invisible fog.

The soldier took another long pull from his bottle before he even noticed that Deeny was there on the small pallet of fresh hay in one corner of the tack room. She had pulled her skirts over her knees and legs that were tucked under her, and the scarf across her face hiding her features. The man staggered back a step before steadying himself and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. As his hand dropped to his side it revealed a very malicious looking smile on his face. Deeny tensed sensing something very bad from this drunken partier.

"Well... what have we here?" The man asked to no one as he leered at the gypsy girl huddled in the hay.

Deeny was practically paralyzed with fear. She'd seen that look in the eyes of a few boys she knew. She'd seen it in the eyes of the boy she was with this evening, but she wasn't afraid of him. This, older man, held no kindness in his eyes, no happiness, no promise of any kind of fun at all. Rather, his leer only promised pain and... she shuddered at the thought.

She knew she had to get out of that room, as fast as she could. When the older man half stumbled to his left against a work bench as he tried to cross the room to where she lay huddled in fear, she saw an opportunity. As fast as she could, she rose and bolted towards the door of the tack room. She didn't make it. With a scream on her lips, Deeny found herself being wrapped in his arms, one hand covering her mouth.

1...34567...63