Bloodlust Ch. 05

Story Info
Eve seeks a warlock's help with her vampire problem.
4.5k words
4.76
2k
2
0

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 03/15/2024
Created 01/15/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nowarning
nowarning
68 Followers

I know it's been a long time since an update, and I can't promise that more are coming. 2023 was a hell of a year. That said, this has been sitting in my drive for a long time and it was high time I gave my dear readers at least a little something. It's a bit of a different flavor from the vampire fun we've been having.

-

The warlock arrived at precisely midnight.

Eve had hardly had a chance to enjoy a hot cup of tea in Ramsey's chambers. The professor had led her and Luke into her small living room containing two sofas and a multitude of bookshelves crammed into every other space. They waited anxiously while Ramsey hurried away to summon the warlock.

Luke and Eve hadn't exchanged many words, other than to say "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Eve had said, clutching his hand.

Then, she watched the clock spin, waiting. Luke couldn't sit still - he was constantly shifting and rearranging himself. She couldn't imagine the turmoil he must be feeling. After about half an hour, he left to get some air.

The clock struck midnight when Ramsey knocked and reentered her chambers, a tall man in tow. The stranger smiled when he saw Eve and gave a small bow. She stood from the sofa, unsure how to greet him.

"Eve, this is Theodore," Ramsey introduced him.

"You can call me Theo," he said. He had a hint of an accent she couldn't place.

Eve assessed him quickly. He had a boyish charm. His auburn hair was messy and his eyes were playful, his outfit looked both formal and tousled at the same time. But there was no mistaking that he was not a young man; in the same way she knew Ari was centuries old, she could sense something ancient about him - and something intentional about the way he was put together.

He wasn't exactly what she'd had in mind.

"Will you be needing any equipment? Potions? I've cleared one of the training rooms upstairs, for you two to talk," said Ramsey, looking uneasy.

"That won't be necessary, all we need is a private space." Theo turned slightly towards Eve, blocking Ramsey's view. He smiled. "I can't wait to talk," he said, winking.

Eve raised an eyebrow at him. "This way," she said, inclining her head for him to follow. For a brief second, she locked eyes with Ramsey. The professor gave her a sharp nod, the briefest hint of concern leaking from behind her impassive expression.

They made their way to the training room in silence, Eve walking just ahead of Theo. She hoped Luke wouldn't come looking for them; she wasn't sure she wanted to see him. When they reached the training room, Theo shut the door behind him and locked it. Ignoring the desk and chairs set aside for them in the corner, he sat in the center of the floor, on one of the training mats, and crossed his legs. He motioned for Eve to join him.

Eve was starting to have doubts about this plan. She hesitantly dropped down onto her knees opposite him and waited for him to begin. After a moment, he stretched out an inviting hand to Eve and she took it.

It was like opening her eyes to another layer of the world that peeled away from her own. She could feel him, his presence in the room. She sensed magic radiating off him in waves. There was a sudden surge of heat where their hands met. She gasped and pulled away from the flames that had appeared in his hand. The fire burned a bright orange and after a moment, she saw that it licked at his palm harmlessly. He looked amused.

She tentatively reached back towards him, her fingers grazing the surface of the flames. She was surprised to find they were pleasantly warm.

He extinguished the fire and where there had been flames a moment before was a ball of swirling water. It, too, soon disappeared. As she watched, his fingers changed shape and morphed into long black claws. Her heart skipped a beat and she jerked back. Her hand nearly went for one of the knives tucked into the waistband of her shorts, but she restrained herself.

The claws receded back into his fingers, becoming normal again.

When she stared at him, Theo explained, "Most warlocks transform into an animal familiar."

"Nice magic show," Eve said, trying to quell her hammering heart. "What's your animal?"

"A capybara."

Eve couldn't help the giggle that escaped her, "What?!"

Theo's mischievous glimmer was back, "I don't have one. I can change parts of my body but I can't transform."

"How does that work?" Eve asked. She felt more at ease with him already.

"I'm a natural-born warlock. You know what those are?"

"I thought they were a myth."

"We exist. I was born a warlock. I don't have an animal form because my human body is the form I've had my whole life."

Eve nodded. They sat in expectant silence.

"So, I hear you have a vampire problem."

"I do," Eve said after a moment. "His name is Ari. I was sent on a mission to kill him and take control of a local coven that's gotten out of control. It didn't go well."

"And now you want protection from him."

"I've been training since I was eight years old," She searched his gaze with hers, imploring him to understand that she wasn't just a terrible vampire hunter, "And I've never met a vampire with his abilities, not even a higher vampire. The way he's able to... to be inside my mind completely. I've never experienced it before. And it terrifies me."

"That sounds like Persuasion, but I've never heard of a vampire capable of that."

"It's so much more than that... it's invasive, and powerful."

Theo looked thoughtful for a moment, "Like this?"

She looked into his eyes. "Like what-" Eve started, but she didn't finish her sentence. It felt like a huge fist had reached into her skull and seized her thoughts as though they were a physical object, squeezing them into pulp and juice. She shrieked and fell onto her side, clutching the sides of her head. Her brain felt like it was melting into the floor. But as quickly as the pain had started, it stopped. She lay flat on the floor, breathing hard.

It took her a moment to sit up, but when she did she found him sitting impassively, looking exactly as he had a moment ago.

"You're going to need powerful wards for a vampire like Ari," he continued as if nothing had happened.

After a few moments of staring at him, Eve shook her head and responded slowly, "Just tell me what to do and I'll do it. How does it work?"

"I'll start by taking some of your blood."

"Then?"

"Then I'll use a spell. A tattoo is the most common way to apply wards, but we'll have to do it the old-fashioned way. Wards are not an ordinary spell. They will need a permanent place on your body, a physical reminder of their existence. You will have them forever, even beyond death."

"How long will it take?"

"It's quick. But Eve, it will be incredibly painful. I'll be carving the runes directly into your skin, do you understand?"

Eve considered this. She wasn't a stranger to pain. She was routinely stabbed with blunt practice stakes and thrown across the room during training sessions at the academy. She'd lost everyone and everything she cared about not once, but twice. She'd nearly had all the blood drained from her body; she wasn't sure anything could be more painful than that.

She gave him a nod. Theo smiled and pulled a small intricately carved knife out of his pocket. "Let's start with the blood, and go from there." He carefully rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, undoing the first couple buttons on his vest. He looked peaceful and calm, not like a man about to begin a dangerous warding spell.

He took her hand in his and rubbed his thumb across her palm. Then with a quick motion, he sliced a thin line into the skin, letting the blood well up and collecting it into a small vial. He rubbed his thumb over the wound again and Eve watched in amazement as it healed. Where she expected raw jagged skin, her palm was smooth and unblemished.

"That's incredible," she said.

"Now," Theo said in a low voice, "Close your eyes."

Eve closed her eyes. Theo leaned in close and Eve felt his breath tickle her neck.

"Think of Ari now," he said, "Think of his presence, his voice."

"I'm thinking about it," Eve murmured. She didn't want to think about it.

"Good," Theo said, "Now, think of him touching you."

Eve felt a shiver go down her spine. She tried to picture Ari's hands running over her skin. The shadow of power around him that made her limbs feel like lead.

She felt something cold and wet on her wrist, and when she opened her eyes, she saw that Theo was tracing a pattern on her wrist with bloodied fingers. The lines he drew began to glow and burn. Eve gasped and tried to pull away. Theo tightened his grip on her wrist.

"Stay still," he said, drawing another line.

"I'm trying," she said, but she couldn't help her squirming.

His grasp was like iron and her struggles were fruitless as he continued his work. He traced the fingers of his other hand up her wrist and onto her arm, following her veins like a roadmap. It felt like razors cutting into her blood vessels.

"Fuck," Eve said, her eyes stinging with tears.

Theo looked up at her and his face softened. "You're doing well, Eve. You need to keep thinking about him."

Eve examined Theo, his light sage-colored eyes and expressive face. She found herself getting lost in his features. She tried to shake herself out of it. He may be attractive, but he was unpredictable.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she tried to focus. In her mind's eye she saw Ari's eyes, dark and calculating. The way he moved with intention and inhuman balance. She could still feel his fingers tracing patterns on her skin.

It was a struggle to keep her thoughts from drifting to Luke and what had transpired only a couple of hours ago. She could still feel the bruising grip of his hands and the painful fullness as he'd thrust inside her. She remembered his scent - the way his familiar warmth had been replaced with cold, brutal energy. She had always felt so safe and at home with him, and Ari had taken that and used it against her.

The burning sensation grew stronger and she let out a sob.

Theo glanced at her. "Maybe this will help."

It felt like an electric shock, shooting through her whole body and converging straight between her legs. She felt an intense need to be fucked and filled completely, her panties wet with the thought of it. Her muscles tensed and her nerve endings were on fire, but they released as she came suddenly. Eve doubled over like she'd been punched, a pitiful squeak of pleasure escaping her.

She could barely comprehend what just happened.

"What the fuck?!"

"I can do more than just shapeshift," he smirked, "You were in pain."

"I don't-" Eve tried, "Why would you do that?"

"I need you to focus, Eve."

"I'm trying," she ground out.

"Try harder. Think about how much you want him to touch you. Think about how much you hate that you love it."

"Excuse me?"

"You can't lie to a warlock, Eve. You probably couldn't lie to anyone, honestly, it's all written across your face."

"You're a piece of shit, you know that?" Eve told him.

Theo laughed, "So I've been told."

"And for the record," she said quietly, "I don't. I don't love it."

"Are you sure about that?" Theo asked with interest, "Do you think about him when you're fucking others? Do you think about his cock filling you up while you're on your hands and knees?"

She didn't think she could turn more red. "How dare you?"

"Did he take you from behind?"

"Oh, come on."

"Did he bite you? Did you like it?"

"Why? Is this turning you on?" Eve retorted.

His eyes crinkled with repressed laughter. "I've never been so hard. Keep going. What did it feel like when he came inside you?"

Eve went to retort, then faltered. "I don't... He didn't..."

If he looked surprised by her answer, he quickly covered it up. "No? He must be saving that for a special occasion. Or maybe he was saving it for me?"

"You wish, asshole," she snarled.

"Mmm, yes," Theo said, and his fingers pressed harder against her skin. Eve let out a small yelp. It felt like her skin was splitting open and boiling at the same time. She didn't know how much more she could take. "Keep talking, Eve. Tell me how you feel. What are you thinking about right now?"

She gritted her teeth. "How much I want to hurt you."

Theo chuckled, "You're not very good at this game."

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were playing a game. Next time you need details about my sex life, why don't you just root around in my head instead? That's what everyone seems to do."

After a moment, he released her arm. "Done." She realized that to his credit, the distraction had worked well on her.

She examined her arm. The markings were still there, but they had lost their glow. The marks looked like they were drawn in blue ink. They were intricate, winding shapes and symbols, covering the length of her arm and blending into the black of her previous tattoos.

"These will protect you from Ari, and from other intruders in your mind. Even from me," he said, admiring his handiwork. "They are also very powerful protection runes. I would be careful with those. There are very few things in this world that can break them."

Eve stared at the runes in awe. "Thank you," she said.

"Don't thank me," he said, smiling, "My services aren't free."

Her heart gave a lurch. I'm an idiot, Eve thought to herself. She couldn't believe she hadn't asked for the terms of his service beforehand. This was how people lost everything.

Eve considered for a moment, "You're the first warlock I've ever met. What kind of payment do you take? Blood?"

"I have to say, I'm quite disappointed you haven't guessed at the price yet. Ramsey warned me you wouldn't know the first thing about negotiating a deal, but I couldn't help myself. Warlocks don't take blood, we're not vampires. We take other things, like favors."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll give you an example. When I was a boy, one of the council warlocks made a deal with my parents. They sold me to him. They agreed that he would provide them with an endless supply of money and food, and all they had to do was give me up. They accepted the deal and they got everything they wanted, but I'm not allowed to go back. Ever. It's part of the terms."

Eve was taken aback. "But... why would they do that?"

"They had six other children," Theo said, waving his hand dismissively. "They didn't need me. They were willing to sacrifice anything for a better life. The warlock offered them a way out. They couldn't resist. It's the same for many people."

"You're saying people will do anything for money," Eve said.

"Not just money. Power, safety, comfort. The list goes on. People will sacrifice their families, their friends, their loved ones. Even themselves. It's a shame, really."

"So what do you want?" Eve asked.

"Nothing yet," he said, "The deal is, I protect you from Ari, and when he's dead, you owe me a favor. Anything I want."

"I need to know what I'm agreeing to."

"That's not how this works. You go on living your life, Eve. In a year, or maybe ten, I come calling. And when I do, whatever I want, you'll give it to me. Do you accept the bargain? Just say yes, it's that easy."

Eve felt the weight of his words. It was a terrifying prospect, being indebted to a warlock, and an incredibly stupid thing to do. But he had given her no reason to doubt his sincerity. And she had no other options.

"Yes," she said finally. "Yes, I accept the terms. Let's hope you die before you get to collect on it, warlock. Who knows what kind of vile things you have in mind."

"Don't worry, I won't fuck you. Unless you want me to."

"I do not," Eve said, feeling her cheeks heat.

"You're not doing a very good job at lying, are you? I'm just trying to make this easy on both of us. I'll be honest, I'm getting quite an appetite being in your presence." Theo leaned in close. He reached out and traced the markings on her wrist. "It's a strange feeling," Theo continued, "I can't put my finger on it. I think we should try an experiment."

"An experiment," Eve repeated.

"Let's test the wards," Theo said. "See if they're really working. See if you can keep me out of your head."

Eve eyed him, wary. "What do I do?"

"Close your eyes."

She shut her eyes. Theo slid his hand up the length of her arm and over her shoulder. She felt his fingers graze her neck and cup her chin. Her breathing hitched.

"Relax," Theo murmured.

His fingers traced her lips and he leaned forward, brushing his lips against her jawline. He kissed his way up to her ear. She shivered, goosebumps prickling her skin.

"How does that feel?" he asked, his voice low.

"Good," Eve breathed.

"Can you still feel my power? Are you in control of your thoughts and emotions?"

"I can't tell," Eve said, her heart pounding in her ears.

Theo ran his hands over her body. "Are you sure? What are you thinking?"

Eve swallowed hard, "Don't you know?"

"Mmm, yes. I do." Theo trailed a hand between her breasts and down her belly. "But I think we can safely conclude that the wards work."

"Then why are you still touching me?" she asked.

"Because I want to."

He pressed his lips to her throat, and Eve couldn't stop herself from letting out a small whimper. She leaned into him.

"You've never been with a warlock before, have you?"

Eve shook her head.

"We're not like you hunters with your sparks of magic," he said, nipping her neck, "Or witches, or vampires. We're more powerful."

"More powerful than vampires?"

"More powerful than anything. This line of magic is ancient, older than the earth itself."

He kissed his way down to her collarbone. She gasped and pressed into his touch. His breath was hot against her skin. She could feel his power surging through her veins, sending jolts of pleasure throughout her body.

"Don't you want this, Eve?"

"No," she said, even as her pulse quickened.

"You don't have to be afraid. I won't hurt you. I want to make you feel good. Will you let me do that?"

Eve didn't trust herself to speak. She nodded, slowly.

Theo smiled. "Good," he murmured. He pulled her onto his lap, her legs straddling his waist. His hands roamed her body, exploring every inch of her. She arched into his touch, her hips grinding against his.

She heard a soft clank and saw that he had found the knife hidden in her waistband, and had set it aside on the floor. He smiled but didn't say anything.

Then, he leaned in and kissed her, his lips soft and gentle against hers. Eve melted into his touch, her body responding to his magic. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He kissed her harder, his tongue teasing her lower lip.

She could feel the heat of his desire radiating off him. He ran his hand down her spine and rested it on the small of her back, pulling her hips flush against his. He kissed her again, harder this time, his tongue exploring her mouth. Eve felt her arousal growing as she melted into the kiss, her hands roaming over his body, exploring his curves and planes.

He slid his hand up her thigh, his fingers brushing the hem of her shorts. She shivered, goosebumps prickling her skin.

"Is this okay?" he asked.

"Yes," she breathed.

He tugged her shirt over her head, slowly, carefully, his eyes on hers. When he saw the bruises all across her upper body, his expression became hard to read. He unhooked her bra, letting it fall as he took in the extent of the damage. He ran his fingertips over the purple and blue marks on her breasts and stomach. Everywhere he touched, the pain faded.

He laid her back onto the floor, locks of her hair tumbling out across the mat, and pulled her shorts and panties off. He smoothed his hands up her thighs, letting his light touch brush her with almost imperceptible heat. She suddenly realized how cold the rest of her body was. It felt as if a gust of wind were moving through the room.

nowarning
nowarning
68 Followers
12