Bloodshed - A Dark Star Tale Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was being carried now; she had no idea to where.

Gripped by an unknown pair of hands and sheer panic, frantically she attempted to gain any movement she could from her body.

Panicking as she realised now that herself, Rose Callaghan, and her colleagues weren't looking for missing girls, they were looking for victims.

A tear running down her face behind whatever she was wrapped in as she realised, she was the next victim.

**

The results were almost instant, Rose Callaghan was impressed.

"The mobile Numbers was last triangulated at ten thirty-seven last night" DS Mohinder turned his head back across his shoulder towards her.

"Location?" Callaghan snapped; she was appreciative but every wasted second could be critical.

"That's a little more difficult to nail down ...I'd need more time to be precise," Mohinder offered apologetically.

"Rough location will do," Callaghan demanded, trying her best to keep her composure while already in her own mind recollecting the proximity of the Heath to Sarah Myers home address.

On the screen she stared at a pixilated map slowly came into focus, three overlapping translucent red circles overlaid the map before it fully came in to focus.

Callaghan didn't need the coordinates of the map grid that then eventually overlaid the map. She recognised the location instantly.

Barking orders at Aaron Chapman for him to relay, unofficially seconding him to her team as he stood on her shoulder who without question followed her at pace through the office. Callaghan broke from a fast walk into a run.

The knot in her stomach twisting. Her breath hitched.

The arial images hadn't placed the building at the centre of the overlapping circles, it had placed it excruciatingly close enough.

The vast 50 thousand square feet, white roofed building that was Marchant's House.

**

"No... please god ...no" Sarah Myers begged as the white clad figure loomed over her.

Roughly Folding the blood-stained rag over and over inches from her face

"Please..." she begged her eyes wet with tears "...please ...please ...what do you want from me ...what do you..."

The firm grip of the blue gloved right hand clenched her jaw forcing her mouth open.

She tried to turn her head away but the vice like grip prevented her.

The left hand forcing the hideous tasting gag deep into her mouth.

She retched and gagged at the taste of the rag and how deep it had been forced toward her throat.

She wanted to struggle wanted to fight back, she couldn't. She couldn't because she couldn't feel her body. Whatever he'd constantly injected her with had stolen the very movement and feeling from her body.

Were she able to move she doubted the thick black restraints she'd helplessly watched him methodically apply to her naked body as he'd stretched her across the surface of the stainless-steel table would permit movement anyway.

The sound of her own rapid nasal breathing now filling her head, she whimpered and pleaded to no avail. She was being paid no attention.

She watched the blue gloved hand trail across her naked chest even though she could not feel it.

Sarah Myers heard the snap hiss of the blow torch turning her head screaming again into the gag as she watched the flame lick against the steel brand.

**

Callaghan drove at breakneck speed she didn't care for the rule book, she hadn't waited for the back-up she demanded.

She'd called the 'Code Zero' that she was now being responding to, she knew the severity of the code no member of the police force ever wanted to hear, indicating threat of life to a colleague.

Rose Callaghan grimaced overtaking a slow-moving Blue Van as she approached the sharp left-hand junction ahead of her. Cutting the corner of the junction as she oversteered but corrected just in time and kept the revs in her engine. Testing now the very upper limit of her advanced Police Driving training. The latest blare of a car horn as she headed near enough broadside towards an oncoming white Ford Fiesta, the wheels of her Mercedes C Class protesting and loudly squealing as she slammed on her breaks to avoid collision, cursing wasted seconds she crunched the gear box into as low a heat as she could find straightened up the steering wheel and floored the accelerator before moving back up through the gears at speed.

Ahead of her the slip road to the dual carriage way, she hit the slip road fast and only increased her speed, she couldn't run the calculation in her own head, concentrating on the road ahead and praying there was no vehicle in the outside lane as she merged onto the ring roads anti-clockwise carriage way. The carriage way mercifully was clear but yet she still couldn't calculate the distance and time before she would be at Marchants Meats.

Touching well over 100mph she weaved through light traffic in both lanes, the junction for the trading area was five miles away, two right turns and about a mile of road off the dual carriage way stood between her and her location.

She cursed as ahead one HGV Vehicle made to overtake another. Weaving the Mercedes, looking ahead she took the risk. Left hand wheels on the grass verge at the side of the road she fought against the reverberations juddering through the vehicle, wincing at the sound of stone chipping, gravel and torn up earth that sprayed against the side of her car.

She cut in front of the truck with a meter or so to spare before the verge narrowed for a flyover bridge. Exhaling finally her heart pounding in her chest as the trucks deep growling horn filled her ears, lights flashing furious protest in her rear-view mirror.

Callaghan operated on a mix of fear and adrenaline. She couldn't shake the sound of Sarah Myers infectious little laugh from her head. She grimaced not at her driving but at the mental images of the pretty young, hardworking, intelligent young Detective that ran through her mind.

Rose Callaghan wasn't religious, but she prayed to whoever would hear her, prayed that she wasn't too late.

The first sign for exit road appeared on the horizon.

**

The pain in Sarah Myers chest cut through the paralysis of her body, the severity of the pain running through to the core of her body.

Tears streaming from her screwed shut eyes she breathed heavily through the acrid gag.

She screwed her eyes shut from both the pain and the unimaginable sight she'd witnessed having dared to glance across the deep blisters left by the white-hot brand that had been slowly firmly pressed against her skin. The sizzle of her own melting flesh still echoed around her broken mind. While the acrid smell of her own burnt flesh filled the air, she breathed.

She heard the brand dropped to the floor, the metallic echo snapping her attention back to the figure stood to her right.

Concentrating hard willing her mind to move her body. She felt her fingers.

She almost cried with relief as slowly she managed to clench first her right then her left fist, gently pulling her wrists against the restraints which held them at her side.

The figure stood over her once more as she slowly opened her eyes. She met his eyes the only feature she could see of his otherwise hidden face.

His cold lifeless eyes leering, silently mocking her plight.

She concentrated through her pain pulling her ankles against the biting grip and the restraint. She could move her feet but gain no purchase against the restraint that held them.

She felt his hand press down on her stomach now his eyes bearing into hers once again seemingly shocked at what she was achieving, despite the restraint.

Looking back to her right, almost in defiance, as he took half a step back retrieving an item that she could not see. She heard the device first as he now stepped down along her prone body. When she laid eyes on the device she struggled and panicked for all she was worth. Screaming, repeatedly screaming into the sodden gag stuffed deep in her mouth.

Eyes wide with fear as the spinning blade was raised over her lower torso.

Staring up at the high ceiling above her Sarah Myers quietly started uttering repeatedly "Hail Mary... Mother of God."

Over the sound of the blade, away in the distance she heard a shrill alarm.

**

Rose Callaghan snatched the fully equipped standard issue police belt from the passenger seat as she scrambled from the car, pulled up at angle across the entrance to Marchant House. She'd already pulled on her stab vest rushing across the car park of Police HQ. She was through the main doors of Marchant's Meats in no time at all.

No time for formalities of announcing her arrival, she'd leave that to whoever followed in her wake. Headed for the double doors beneath the atrium on instinct more than anything else. Assuredly confident if Myers was here, she'd be in the bowels of the Meat processing plant rather than the offices she was more familiar with from her previous visits that sat above her up the portrait lined double staircase.

"Fuck," she sneered on slamming her hand against the white double doors. Callaghan recognised the pad requiring a magnetic security pass away to her left immediately. Exasperated she took a breath as she immediately spots through the long thin window a tall dark haired skinny looking male approach from the other side. Fishing her Police ID from under her stab vest she holds it to the glass as he approaches.

As the door unlocks Callaghan rushes past him.

"How many more locked doors?" she urges.

"What?"

"How many more doors need a pass?" Callaghan demands.

"All of them... all of them," he offers a little disconcerted, somewhat startled by her aggression, he starts to follow her.

"Give me your pass," Callaghan demands holding her ID back up, "Give it to me."

He fumbles with the card he wears around his neck on a lanyard that had been tucked down the front of his knee length white jacket. Holding it out eventually pensively towards her.

"It ...it doesn't ...it doesn't open every door," Callaghan heard him as she snatched it from his hand.

"You what?" she angrily snapped at him, the frustration of the delay angering her to such an extent that she did not really appreciate what he was trying to tell her.

"My pass... my pass only opens certain doors."

Callaghan quickly processed what he was saying. Looking to her left she saw the solution to her problem. The employee in the white jacket gawped as she unclipped the taser gun from her belt. He backed away visibly shocked as he watched her turn the black and yellow device in her hand then slam the butt of the gun against the clear glass of the fire alarm cover.

There was less than a seconds pause which felt like an eternity, Callaghan contemplated hitting the glass once again just as the ear-piercing alarm filled the corridor around them.

In the same instant in line with emergency systems every locked door in Marchant's House unlocked.

**

The pain was unbearable.

So, excruciating it trapped the air in her lungs.

Straining against her restraint grimacing, her back arched Sarah Myers fought to fight through the pain of whatever unseen wounds he inflicted on her.

The sickening crunch sound that only increased her pain seemed to fill the room around her.

Managing somehow to push aside the thick almost knotted gag with her tongue she screamed out.

**

Rose Callaghan fought her way through the stream of white coated employees that headed towards her. Excited chatter at the intrusion of the fire alarm which echoed through every corridor and into the vast expanse of the packaging room the corridor she traversed eventually led her to.

Heavy machinery and conveyor belts lay still, the emergency power being cut stopping all essential and non-essential machinery. The constant flow of employees cut to a trickle of dribs and drabs of high viz jacket wearing individuals conforming to Fire Alarm protocols.

No one stopped her, no one questioned her, the block capital letters spelling POLICE across her stab jacket might have been the reason. Callaghan was lost though, the factory was vast, so vast with so many different walkways, raised gantries and doors all along the perimeter of even the room she was in. Her breath heavy she grimaced against the constant protesting wail of the fire alarm invading her ears. Heading through rows of half packed boxes, ducking under a conveyor belt on which further white boxes, sporting the words Marchants Meats in bright red ink, sat.

On the far side of the room, she passed through floor to ceiling strips of thick semi translucent plastic. The temperature much colder in this part of the warehouse. Around her large, brushed steel machines sat once again redundant being cut from the mains power, trolley upon trolley of huge cuts of meat stacked atop of one another, the overpowering smell of chilled meat filled the air. The intermittent orange flash of a light sat atop a forklift truck strobed the area. All the while the fire alarm continued unabated.

Then mercifully, despite the tinnitus inducing after effect the alarm fell silent. A burst of static and a voice she didn't recognise over the police frequency walkie talkie attached to her belt made her jump. She turned the volume right down. Confident colleagues would be here by now. Too single minded in her one woman search to let them know how far she'd progressed. They'd be following protocol; she had no time for that. Sarah Myers had no time for that.

In the distance she heard the feint almost subdued scream.

Her senses attuned on instinct Callaghan headed in the direction the scream had emanated from. Passing through further stacked animal carcasses branded with the words Marchant's Meats she listens, listens intently. The scream long having fallen ominously silent but faintly she still hears the contestant droning whir of a machine away to her left. The steady constant noise droning away as she moves past carcasses hung on hooks from an overhead conveyor. Turning her nose up at the smell of the fresh meat she brushes past. All the while the mechanical sound can be heard slowly growing closer, muffled behind a closed-door Callaghan realises as she approaches the two plain white double doors, closed doors partially obscured by high piled wooden pallets.

Callaghan pauses letting her senses guide her intuition.

Taking the taser in her right hand her fingers squeeze around the rubber grip her forefinger gently resting on the trigger. She snaps her hand down on the cold stainless-steel handle and the door swings out towards her catching her unawares.

Rose Callaghan could never be prepared for the scene that faced her as she entered the room.

The scream that accompanied the blade of what appeared to be a saw being brought down over a naked body obscured from her line of sight.

A figure clad all in in white, including a white trilby style hat with his back to her. By bulk of frame alone Callaghan knew it was a male. Her eyes scanned the scene, her interruption going unnoticed over the sound of the blade. The sickening sound that accompanies the scream that seems louder than the industrial blade itself. Callaghan sees the thick red blood pouring from a lower leg, a leg severed of a foot at the ankle, a leg held down by a thick black leather strap. A small dainty foot a women's foot lays blood stained on the stainless-steel floor.

"Step a-fucking way... step a-fucking way and put down the weapon" she hollers, her anguish and fear rapidly replaced by anger and the rush of adrenalin.

She can't see the face of the victim, sickeningly she knows it'll be her face, Sarah Myers face as she recognises the hazel brown hair splayed across the silver surface of the table. She was too late, too late to save her.

Her emotions rise, grimacing literally swallowing the bile that rises Callaghan quickly suppresses her thoughts.

"I said..."

He turns as she speaks his white overalls sprayed in fresh bright red blood, Callaghan noting the deep bleeding laceration to Sarah Myers right thigh. Her body writhing in agony strapped down to the callous work bench. The blade of the saw spinning at the end of the blue and silver tool in his clutches, the heavy device gripped in both his hands the blade of which he raises and is now swung now towards her direction.

"Drop it!!" Callaghan demands raising the taser in her outstretched hands aiming at his chest "Drop it!!"

He stands there eyeballing her from beneath the protective medical looking face mask.

"Sarah... Sarah... it's Rose ...if you can hear me, it's over, you're going to be alright... you're going to be fine." Callaghan spoke with a conviction that went against her thoughts for her severely injured colleague.

"Drop the fucking saw you inhumane piece of shit," Callaghan stated.

He lunged.

He barely took a step before Callaghan pulled her finger on the trigger of the taser. Two strands of wire fired from the end of the gun stabbing through his long white, blood stained, jacket. His body jolted immediately as he absorbed the high volt electrical shock that the taser delivered to his upper body. He stumbled back then made to step forward. Collapsing to his knees, as he did so dropping the tool across the metal floor of the room as Callaghan squeezed the trigger once again, flooding his body with a further debilitating shock. The spinning blade of the saw, stained red with blood, fades quickly as it pinwheels on the floor barely inches from his slumped body.

Dropping the taser as the white clad figure clutches his hand to his chest. The barbs of the taser sink deep into his chest from the speed and force they deployed. The horror of Sarah Myers body fully revealed to Callaghan her right thigh seemingly cut clean through in the same way as her ankle is. Callaghan reaches for her radio raising it to her mouth.

"No... Oh, my fucking God no," Callaghan heard the shriek from behind her turning as the red-haired girl lunged from the doorway towards the prone body clad in white slumped across the floor. His breathing gargled his eyes bulging, his hand still clutching his chest. Callaghan grabbed the slender girl and wrestled her away. Despite her slight form she struggled and fought Callaghan with an incredible strength. Callaghan managed to pin her wrists against the stainless-steel surface behind her, holding her against the wall of the room. Finally recognising Will Marchant's Personal Assistant, Felicity Bowerman.

Callaghan heard the commotion behind her, sensed the mass of bodies that invaded what was technically a crime scene. Two uniform officers grab the still struggling wrists of Flick Bowerman and restrain her as she lands a quick kick to Callaghan's left shin. Turning her, they slam her face first nor against the wall and cuff her wrists behind her back.

"Gary..." she called out of the din in concern "...Oh God Gary what have they done."

Callaghan took deep breaths to compose herself turning as two Paramedics in green uniforms crouched over the White Clad body, she made the assumption they could identify him as Gary, her mind even in this moment quickly attempting to process how many Gary's they had taken statements from only twenty-four hours earlier. She couldn't think of any. Both Paramedics crouched over and immediately began treating the prone body of the assailants while his victim, her colleague, her protégé, her friend lay mutilated, naked, and lifeless strapped down to the stainless-steel table on the middle of the room. Nobody approached Sarah Myers, as if to acknowledge and approach would make the horrific scene real. Her blood running from the silver table to which she was secured, Callaghan's hand came to her mouth on only now spotting the burns to the young Detectives chest.

"He's in Cardiac Arrest" Callaghan heard as the Paramedics worked in unison to remove the barbs of the taser and slip him into his back. The anguished distressed howls and screams of the red head as she was led away echoed around the room as further Uniform and Plain Clothes filled the room. Callaghan caught the stricken ashen features of DC Aaron Chapman as he came to the doorway as unprepared as anyone for the sight he witnessed.