Bob and the Girl Next Door Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But how to phrase it? 'I can't date you because I want to date your daughter instead.' No way. Maybe it was best to just stop dating Olivia for now, then wait a little while? Give some time in between? If I waited long enough, Anna would graduate high school and turn 19. Could I wait that long? Could Anna?

----

In the end, I talked to Olivia and told her I didn't think we were going anywhere. I told her I'd rather be her friend than for us to hurt each other later. She was confused, thinking she'd done something wrong, but I assured her she didn't. In the end, I think she understood my reasoning. If we dated more, then broke up, it would suck to see each other all the time as next-door neighbors.

Anna stopped by the next afternoon, and we sat on my patio. "Mom told me you don't want to date her anymore."

"That's right."

"Does that mean you want to date me?" She grinned.

I smiled back. "Possibly. But if I did, I have no idea how to tell her that."

Anna's grin transformed downwards into a pensive frown. "Oh yeah." We both sat in silent thought for a few minutes.

"I don't suppose you can wait a few years?" I said, trying to make it a joke.

Anna didn't laugh. "No!" she said. "Please don't make me wait, Daddy. I need it!"

"Need what?" The voice from behind us made us both jump. We hadn't heard Olivia walk up behind us.

"Her car," I lied. "She needs her car. I promise I'll put together the money soon."

"She called you Daddy," Olivia pointed out. Then she put it together, and the look of realization on her face was quickly replaced by one of anger. "Are you sleeping with my daughter?" she demanded.

"No!" Anna and I both lied simultaneously.

"You," Olivia glared at me. "You're disgusting. Preying on a young girl. And you," she turned her attention at her daughter, who'd started to cry. Olivia grabbed her arm and forced her to stand. "You're coming home right now. And you will not talk to him anymore."

"Mom, no," Anna begged.

"Olivia, please, let me explain," I called after them, but Olivia was dragging Anna away.

"No. Leave my daughter alone, or, I'll..." she paused, thinking of a plausible threat, "I'll hurt you!" Then the door slammed, and they were gone.

12