Bonnets and Bondage Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But the lady's ordeal was only beginning. Gaining in confidence as she recalled the methods used by her brothers, Alice proceeded to bind Georgiana's elbows together; to wrap rope about her chest, above and below her bosom; to thoroughly truss her legs, at ancle, knee and thigh; and finally to link ancles and wrists with a short length of cord, forcing the dark-haired beauty into a painful bowed shape, rendering her utterly immobile and scarcely able to move a muscle.

"I trust, madam," said the maid, "that this meets with your approbation."

Miss Georgiana was a contrariety of the most violent emotions. She retained a great measure of the pride and anger with which the encounter had begun, and advised Alice in the most unladylike terms to stow her approbation where it might do much good; but she was also worn down by the exertion of being bound so comprehensively, by the fear and discomfort of her situation, and by a powerful mortification at her own naked and helpless vulnerability, at being trussed up like a damsel in distress in one of Mrs Radcliffe's novels. She felt defeated, in short, and no more inclined than able to put up further resistance. When Alice presented a stout piece of cloth torn from her gown, accordingly, she opened her mouth obediently and allowed her maid to gag her, the cloth filling her mouth and silencing her effectively.

"Very well," said the highwayman. "I am satisfied that this one will not escape. What a pretty little package she is."

Evidently inspired by this image, the highwayman removed a number of ribbons from Georgiana's bonnet and other personal effects and used them to decorate and further restrict her helpless body. He tied brightly coloured ribbons about her throat, her wrists, and her ancles, each secured with pretty bows, with several larger loops of ribbon around her chest that gave her the appearance of a Christmas present.

"A pleasant gift for whoever finds her! Now help me to lift her."

The bound and ribbon-adorned damsel was placed on the driver's seat of the Landau and secured there with further cords. With her pale skin and bewitching figure, not to mention her wriggling and muffled moaning, she was exceedingly conspicuous; no one within 100 yards could fail to spot her.

Satisfied that one lady was thoroughly secured, the highwayman turned to the other with a most provoking look; and wondered if Alice "might not now find it convenient to depart, or if she continued to believe it necessary to remain."-He smiled as he spoke, certain that the visible example of her unfortunate mistress would render the prospect of similar treatment less pleasing than ever.

But Alice's courage did not desert her. She indicated, on the contrary, that she was most ready to receive her own ropes; indeed she welcomed them; and presented to the highwayman her wrists crossed behind her back ready to be secured at his leisure.

The gentleman sighed; and informed Alice wearily that she could keep her hands in front for the time being. He led her to a tall poplar close to the water and instructed her to stand against it.

"We have little rope remaining, my dear," said he, "and we will need to make efficient use of what we have. Kindly raise your hands above your head."

Alice did as she was bid. The highwayman bound rope tightly around her wrists, and then around the tree, making sure to secure the cord above a stout branch to prevent the damsel from lowering her hands.

"That will have to do; and so I ask for your word of honour, young lady, that you will refrain from escaping until daybreak.-It will not be more than an hour from now, I assure you, so the sacrifice will not be too objectionable."

Alice looked doubtfully at her bonds, wiggled her hands experimentally, and reflected that she was unlikely to be free any sooner than that, word of honour or not.

"There is no one hereabouts to aid you," said he, "and therefore no benefit to crying out. But I sense that you are about to demand to be silenced nevertheless."

"I do not seek special treatment, sir. My mistress was gagged, and accordingly I must be gagged also. I should also be stripped naked as she was, and you should also bind my chest and lllmmmmppphh!"

The highwayman quickly stuffed a handkerchief into her mouth, and tied it in place with a second.

"I am prepared to gag you, but that is all.-Upon my honour, what a strange creature you are. And now I must leave."

As Alice squirmed and strained and moaned into her gag, the gentleman climbed into the driver's seat beside the helpless Georgiana and whipped the horses into motion. The maid watched him turn the carriage about and depart, conscious as it left of the most curious and unaccountable sensations in her inner being. She was profoundly distracted. Her agitation grew the more she thought about her mistress's suffering and mortification-the highwayman's voice of command-the ropes binding both young women-the gags silencing and humiliating them-the thought of being rescued, untied (when the time was right) by a strong and handsome gentleman with good connexions; indeed it was some time after the break of dawn that Alice recovered sufficient composure of mind to seriously attempt escape, and by then it was far too late to have any influence on our story.

It is sad to relate, meanwhile, but neither Georgiana nor the highwayman gave Alice a second thought as the carriage left her far behind. It headed quickly back towards the main road, approaching it after around ten minutes and at that point slowing down considerably; the gentleman seemed anxious and looked about, but was evidently satisfied upon seeing that no persons or vehicles were within sight, and brought the Catchpennies' Landau to a halt at the junction. For a short while he sat companionably next to the helpless and wriggling maiden, to all appearances delighted by her society; before finally speaking.

"I regret, madam," said he, "that it is time for me to leave you. But company of another sort will be with you before long. The stage coach will come along that road in a little over half an hour; you will see them long before they see you; and have more time to reflect on what they will see, what they will say, and what they will think when the meeting takes place, than ability to do ought to prevent it. I wonder what shall be your reputation after to-day. And now I must go.-Forgive me for having taken up so much of your time, and accept my best wishes for your health and happiness."

The highwayman jumped down from the Landau. He began to unfasten the horses, setting them loose one by one and encouraging them to gallop away at their earliest convenience, until only a single animal remained, which he took as his own mount. He looked back one last time at Georgiana's humiliating plight; satisfied himself that his victory was total and his victim's degradation complete; then spurred his horse into a gallop and departed.

12