All Comments on 'Boston to Birmingham Ch. 03'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments (Page 2)
NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

Fucking shit. I'm abandoning this story - only the second time I've ever done that on Literotica - I just can't understand how someone who writes so well can make the story so stupid. I quit right after the cheating wife (I just know they're NOT going to divorce) started going on about her marriage issues during the fucking closing arguments of a court case that will be sending a young man to prison for the rest of his fucking life.

Listen, I am totally fine with suspending disbelief when I read fiction, especially fiction written by people submitting stories to Literotica. qhml1 is a talented writer. I mean that with 100% sincerity, but I can't continue reading through absurdity. I would be more inclined to just roll my eyes if this were a lesser author who penned this tale. The fact that I believe qhml1 is a very good writer is the reason I can't continue. I don't want to associate what I feel is an absurd story with an author I respect.

I'm also not a woman hater - there are no shortage of those on Literotica, believe me, I know. The toughest son of a bitch ever born in Alabama is going to fold and take back his cheating wife? I don't think so. It would never, ever, ever, ever, never, ever happen. As Hardy mentioned, they were completely wrong for each other in hindsight. In fact, he believed that BEFORE they got married, but I can understand how love makes people do stupid things, like get married when you truly believe the marriage will fail before hand. I've done some really stupid things because of love. However, once the infidelity was discovered (Paris trip) and then factoring in all the other bullshit she was putting him through. There is not a chance in hell he would allow the divorce proceedings to drag out this long.

In fact, considering his adulteress hopefully soon-to-be ex-wife showed up at HIS family gathering without saying a word to Hardy before hand would have 100% cemented his loathing for her. And then she starts a fucking fist fight with the GOOD woman of the story who would have loved him and respected him and he doesn't tell the wife to go fuck herself? Please...

Don't worry. I am not giving any of the chapters of this story a low score. I haven't read the entire thing so I feel I am not entitled to give it a rating. Even the first 2 chapters that I did read through and mostly enjoy, I am not giving them a rating either.

I know this is a much-loved story on Literotica and I'm so happy that so many do/did enjoy it. It just wasn't for me because of a multitude of issues that I expected a very good writer to not put in the story.

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951over 1 year ago

wow, I found this story in another reader's favorites, and now i'm hooked !

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Holy crap! So many twists and turns, the family register is getting kind of crowded, to say the least. Still not sure if they will ever get back together, but beginning to see Gwen as more than a spoiled rich bitch. Maybe there is some hope for them. As far as dissecting the story and trying to make everything make sense, it's fiction and just needs to follow a good story line, which this one is doing so far.

Ocker53Ocker5312 months ago

Great story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I'm loving the story. This chapter really is moving the story along with it's plot twists and such. I feel a reconciliation coming in Gwen's and Hardy's future, especially after the judge gets done with Hardy. Yes, I knew Gwen had buyers remorse at the end of chapter one and the beginning of chapter 2. Now that her trust fund has been released, she's not hurting for cash, even if she left it in Boston. She's starting to grow up, and is realizing that she has a lot of family in the area, as does Hardy. She even learned that she was married to a 14th cousin once removed. Ha Ha. WOW. I gave it 5 stars, as I'm really enjoying the story. It's not the usual Cuckold crap that you see listed everyday, but rather a Loving Wives story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice reference to DQS1's "The Last Goodbye" there. I noticed your "subtle" mention of the divorce and reconciliation of Lew and Mona Walters. This story has made me laugh, and feel better than a Loving Wives story usually does.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It's remarkable how some commenters believe 'hard' people can't or don't love obsessively. It's like they haven't read any history so don't know that some of the nastiest murderous people ever to have existed have also had massive blind spots for their wives, to the extent of forgiving or allowing their infidelity.

Now I don't know by what measure such people use to qualify someone as 'weak' but I won't be calling someone known to murdering and mutilating ppl weak just because they forgave their cheating wife.

I will however be calling ppl that dump their cheating wives and then cry and moan about them and other women as silly little cucks.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Only took me 6 or 7 reads to realize that her grandmother Virginia was the Ginny who's in the painting covered in black cloth. Just a little slow.

LMJ

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

qhml1 certainly doesn't know their genealogy. Since all of the ancestors mentioned in the story are 4th great grandparents, Gwen and Hardy are of the same generation, their parents being of the same generation and so on. Alexander Howe is Gwen's 4th great grandfather. Alexander's unnamed sister, who married Francis Wilkes, is Hardy's 4th great grandmother. Their children would be 1st cousins and to get to Gwen and Hardy would be 5 more generations beyond them making Gwen and Hardy 6th cousins exactly, not 14th cousins, once removed. For that relationship, one of them would have to go back to their 12 great grandparents while the other to their 13th great grandparents, because of the once removed (one generation removed). Just my 2 cents.

Other than that error, loved the chapter. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another excellent chapter in an outstanding series. The small errors don't detract from the story in the slightest. This is a heck of a ride with more to come. Loving it. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I'm loving this. The plot twists, and everything else going on. It just keeps getting better with more family involved.I really enjoyed this chapter though, as his friend JT is trying to help Gwen get her husband back. At least talking to her. I'm giving this one 5 huge stars.

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

Another great instalment. Loved JT v Wikes in court.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Brilliant writer of a most excellent story.

LegacybadLegacybad6 months ago

This has been a great story so far. One of the best I e read here. 5stars. Definetky will kept reading waiting foe more twists and turns. Great job!

Opinionated1Opinionated13 months ago

I've praised this work before, but after reading hundreds of stories, this beautiful tale

is truly in a class all by itself... absolutely wonderful plot and character development!

The story builds and becomes more complex with each paragraph. By the time I'm done

enjoying 'B to B' again, I'll be convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that I'm an offspring

of the Howes or Wilkes!! lol ... I love it! a thousand stars!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories