Breaking the Ice

Story Info
A story of patience, persistence and seduction.
3.2k words
4.63
18.5k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheDok
TheDok
282 Followers

This is a story about a Deaf woman. Deaf spelt with a capital D means an individual born with no hearing as opposed to a deaf individual who loses their hearing to varying degrees during the course of their life. Most deaf people do not sign although a greater proportion of Deaf individuals do. Although many Deaf people are not proficient in written English this is not universal as evidenced by Isla in my story. Deaf individuals do suffer more from social isolation, anxiety, and depression than hearing individuals.

The sign language that James learns is BSL or British sign language. This is a completely different language to ASL, American sign language but is related to Auslan, Australian sign language, and New Zealand Sign language.

James

My first job after I graduated was in a town in Scotland. I had graduated from Exeter University and my move to the Scottish Lowlands involved a large amount of change.

Whilst I had been at University I had a large circle of friends and participated in several societies including the university film society which showed weekly classic films on a Sunday night, the hockey club, and the debating society. In between I went to the pub with my mates, and of course I studied.

And the week before I moved the five hundred miles north, my girlfriend and I parted by mutual consent, and then I put all my worldly goods into the back of my car and drove for 9 hours to my new life.

The company I was to work for had arranged for me to stay in a local hotel whilst I found a place to live but within a week I was able to find a flat on the first floor of a solid granite building in the heart of town. The flat, which had been recently modernised, was a large two bedroom one with a large lounge-dining room and separate kitchen. Most importantly it was cosy, well insulated, and warm, because the winter weather was bitter cold and unlike anything I had experienced before.

In those days there was not a huge amount to do in the evenings other than go to the pub, or the occasional football match. The local cinema would often show the latest block buster for up to two months and I missed my film nights from before.

But things were not all that bad. The people were warm and friendly. Bruce the laboratory Manager took me under his wing. He was in his mid-fifties with a broad Glasgow accent and had worked at the company since leaving school and had slowly risen through the ranks. At the end of my first week at work he invited me to Sunday lunch, and we started to attend the local football team home games.

And then there was Catriona. The name on her door at work said Dr C Blair but she preferred to be called by her first name. She was an attractive woman: around 45 years old and had been divorced for some time. I understood she had a young daughter who still lived at home. For the first few weeks I was with my new employers I entertained thoughts of seducing her, but it was an unreal fantasy which was very unlikely to come to pass.

Nonetheless, I spent more than a few nights when I fantasised about stripping her naked and then fucking her. And when I did this I would grow hard and then wank myself off.

That was until I first encountered her daughter Isla; the" Ice maiden."

Isla was a Celtic beauty with long red wavy hair, milky white skin, and piercing blue eyes. She was in her early twenties and had a perfect figure with long legs and a tight arse, and her sweaters that she liked to wear hinted at the breasts that lay beneath. She was also Deaf and as I later learnt rarely talked.

I can't remember when I first met Isla, but she had come to the Laboratory to meet her mum and they were in the hallway signing with each other.

Bruce had mentioned to me that Catriona had a pretty daughter who lived with her. He had told me her nick name and said it was given to her because she had never been known to have a significant relationship with another person either male or female. He had added she did love animals and had two cats at home. He hadn't said she was Deaf.

Not that that mattered. As she stood with her mother, her dainty fingers flickering as she signed, I thought she was the most desirable creature I had ever seen in the flesh. She caught me watching her, looked across at me disinterestedly, and languidly looked away.

It made no difference. I was hooked.

I realised straight way that to even get close to Isla I would need to be able to talk to her. In other words, I would need to learn to sign. And the following day I enrolled on a Level 1 course in signing which started in 3 weeks' time. The course was held every Tuesday night in a nearby community college. At least three evening a week and at weekends I studied on my own and after three months I was ready.

One Monday morning I entered Catriona's office, took a deep breath, and spoke.

"I've got something to ask you. I want to ask Isla out. I've been learning to sign."

"You must be keen, "she said.

And I thought I momentarily glimpsed the hint of a smile around the corners of her mouth.

"But why are you asking me? You need to ask her."

And then." Well, you can't use the phone, but I know she'll be in tomorrow evening. Seven o'clock?"

The following evening casually but smartly dressed I pressed the doorbell at their home and Catriona let me in.

Isla was sitting on the settee and stood when I entered the room and I signed hello 'I'm James. And she signed back. I suddenly felt very awkward. Isla was undeniably beautiful, but I knew nothing about her other than the few words Bruce had said and to ask her out would have been premature. I wondered what I had been thinking; And then, Catriona came to the rescue.

"Why don't you stay for supper? Nothing special, Gammon, eggs, chips, and beans." And as she said this she faced Isla and simultaneously signed.

I later learnt that lip reading is a very difficult skill to learn and even the best lip readers may understand only twenty five to thirty percent of what is said to them although this increases a little when the speaker knows the deaf person well. Nonetheless Catriona did this when signing with Isla to build and maintain Isla's lip reading skills for those rare occasions when she had to converse with individuals who did not sign.

"You can practice your signing with Isla."

That first evening I started to get to know Isla. She was a freelance medical artist and worked from home and had few friends. She did attend a local group of Deaf people and had friends from this group that she would socialise with, but she had no significant men friends. She was shy, reticent, and a loner by nature. And she was so very, very beautiful.

Isla and I continued to meet on a twice weekly basis when I would go for a meal and sign, and although I sensed she was starting to like me she stayed physically distant from me. Indeed, the only creatures she liked to touch were her two brother and sister maine coon cats called Bubble and Squeak. As she sat with us they would compete to sit in her lap, and I was very pleased when one evening after Bubble had got to her first, Squeak decided my lap was a viable alternative.

And after that we would sit together, each with a cat in our laps, as we conversed with one another. And soon my lap became the "go to" location for Squeak.

Despite Isla's lack of physicality, I persevered in my attempt to win her heart and finally sometime in the late winter she agreed to go the pub with me.

As I remember, we sat by the fire in a cosy pub, and she only had eyes for me and was completely unaware of the appreciative glances in her direction.

And around that time, it all changed. One evening I went to see Isla to be greeted by her at the door. She was wearing a long yellow embroidered dress and had freshly washed and dried her hair and applied cosmetics and lipstick. She smelt of fresh flowers.

I entered the hallway.

"Are we going somewhere I've forgotten about?"

"Come through," was all she replied

I followed her into the lounge, and she stood in front of me with a shy but determined look, reached behind her back, unzipped her dress, and stepped out of it. She stood in front of me bare footed in just her bra and panties.

"I've kept us waiting too long."

She stepped over to me and leant up and kissed me on the lips And I put my arms around her and felt the warmth of her body against me and her breasts firmly against my chest. And as we continued to devour each other my erection grew, and she must have felt it hard against her stomach.

She led me by the hand to her bedroom. I had never been there before. It was warm and tidy. She had turned up the radiator by the window and her two cats were asleep on the floor next to it. They did not stir. The double bed was freshly made, and she lay back with her head on the pillow as I slowly removed my clothes and stood by the side of the bed my penis hard and erect.

All the time her eyes had never left me, and now she simply raised both arms wide and I slipped onto the bed, and we kissed and embraced.

She reached down and held my penis and rather awkwardly started to stroke me and I placed my hand over hers and guided her movements. Then I reached down between her labia and started to rub her bud with the flat of my two fingers. She was very wet, and I could see the passion in her eyes as I continued to work on her. And then very quickly I knelt beside her, unclipped her bra, and pulled her panties down and away.

I Looked down at her stretched below me. Her curly red hair lay over the pillow and her bright blue eyes glinted. Her skin was as white as marble with no tan lines. Her breasts were like firm melons and her nipples were large and erect. Between her ample thighs I could see the red fuzz of her pubes above which her belly was flat and firm. Her hips were broad and her waist narrow.

I knew that she was ready. I lay between her legs and Isla instinctively knew to move them apart and I placed my glans penis between her vaginal lips and slowly pushed my penis inside her. Her tube was moist and tight, and I sensed a little resistance at first, but this was only momentary. I had been watching Isla all the time and I could see I had caused her no pain.

I started to move in and out of her and raised myself on my hands and as I watched her she reached behind me and held each of my bum cheeks with her hands as I worked on her. Her first climax came quickly. First her face and neck started to redden and then I felt her hands willing me to drive harder inside of her. Her head thrashed from side to side and her mouth opened, and then as her thighs held me tight and her vagina clamped and unclamped around my dick, she let out a long quiet sigh of release.

A little later I bent her over the end of the bed and, with the cats as disinterested witnesses, entered her from behind. As I pounded her she instinctively felt between her lips and fingered herself, and as I watched my shaft cause her cunt lips to pucker as it moved, I was able to watch her glorious white globes as she took her pleasure again. Her orgasm was long and hard and this time she mewed loudly as she came, and as she did I came too, and for the first time I deposited my seed inside her.

We slept with her head on my chest, and I held her tight to me. I was determined that having won her I was never going to let her go.

And then in the morning just after daybreak we showered together and returned to the sanctuary of her bed where I showed her the joys of oral sex, and she happily gave me her first (but not last) blowjob.

A little later whilst we were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee I heard the front door open, and Catriona entered the room. She took one look at us, and smiled broadly, and Isla beamed radiantly back.

The ice had been well and truly broken.

Isla

I'm a person with a problem. It's not the problem you think because my Deafness does not bother me one little bit. I've always been Deaf and that's the way I am. I has never got in the way of me doing what I want.

The only thing I can't do is hear.

My problem is something different, and It's one of trust.

My father left my mother and I when I was twelve years old. He was a rank bastard and frankly It was good riddance to bad rubbish. Nonetheless he was my father and I loved him despite his faults. I've always believed he left my mum because of me. He was a perfectionist by nature and unfortunately couldn't see past my "disability." For me, my Deafness is not a disability and I have no desire or need to be hearing.

He also unfairly blamed my mum for giving birth prematurely and for my related Deafness. And he never bothered to learn to sign. He was unfaithful to my mum too many times to count. I know she put up with this for my sake. And then one day he left us, and we have not seen or heard from him in over ten years.

My flawed relationship with my father has impacted my ability to interact with men whom I just naturally think the worst of. That and my Deafness has been enough of a barrier to prevent me from forming any lasting relationship with a man.

I know I am perceived as being cold and even I wasn't aware of how passionate I could be until I met James. There is also a perception that deaf people are stupid, and they are not. I try hard not to speak out loud in public not because I can't, but because my pronunciation is poor and my speech a little slow, and this reinforces the perception that I am slow and not very intelligent.

When I met James I didn't trust him. But I was willing to give him a chance. Mum had told me that he had designs on me. She said that he had been making a real effort to learn signing. Rather mischievously she told me he was intelligent and rather good looking and that if I didn't want him she would happily "have him." In retrospect I am surprised I took her veiled advice given her track record in choosing men. Nonetheless I did.

So, I gave him his chance, and I began to really enjoy my time with him when I taught him to sign, and we inevitably got to know each other. Nonetheless, I was scared to commit. I feared getting hurt. James was so patient with me. He knew of my father and sensed my reticence.

I have always believed that animals can read humans well and had already been happy to see Squeak's pleasure as he sat purring in James's lap. I couldn't hear Squeak of course, but James told me he was purring, and when I placed my hands on Squeak's throat I could feel the vibrations.

Then an event happened that changed everything. James had forgotten about it until I explained how his actions had changed our lives for ever.

I had finally agreed to go out to the pub with him and we had spent a lovely evening together in the corner of a cosy little pub with a log fire. It was an extremely cold March day, and we were heavily clothed as we left the pub. On the road there was a huddled individual sitting on a piece of cardboard with a plastic bowl and, as we passed him or her, James gave some coins. We reached the car and James asked me to wait for him, took an old anorak from the back seat, and disappeared around the corner before reappearing a few minutes later with nothing in his hands.

And when I lay in bed that night I realised that if he cared enough to look after that unfortunate vagrant he would certainly look after me. And I finally determined that I would give myself to him. Having made the decision after so many years of self-imposed celibacy I was extremely impatient.

My mum and I are very close, and I told her what I planned, and it was she who suggested I take the pill and the following day I went to the GP and then two weeks later I was ready. My mum had gone to her boyfriends and left the house empty for James and me.

When I kissed him that first time it was wonderful but more wonderful still was what followed. James's body was so beautiful and his excitement and desire for me was so exciting. I didn't imagine that the physical pleasure he gave me that night and continues to give was possible.

He was so careful not to hurt me when he took my virginity.

And when he had fully entered me I thought I would die of pleasure.

I still have issues with trust but not with James, and I am so thankful he took the time to woo me. I know that the night he first made love to me he already loved me, whilst if I am honest, while I liked and had started to trust him, and I was eager to lose my virginity, I was not in love.

But I am now. My love for him has grown and grown and now when he holds me in his arms I feel so much joy and I feel so safe.

Sex with him is amazing. But so are the times that we sit quietly in the evenings conversing together, signing back and forth, and sharing our lives.

I adore him and I know that he will never leave me.

Catriona

I am so happy that my little girl has become a woman and with the love of a good man has started to learn to trust again. In the world we live in a healthy dose of cynicism is no bad thing, but Isla had started to shut herself away. Now with James by her side I know she can go out into the world and live a normal happy life.

TheDok
TheDok
282 Followers