Breaking the Rules Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dayo got out a tincture, and looked at his leg.

"I'm no healer, but I think you could be OK if you can just stay off of it."

"Dayo, I can't just sit here for a month."

"No, I know. This will reduce the bleeding for now, but we've got to get a professional."

"But she could be back anytime."

Dayo sighed. "What do you want to do, then?"

"Quartz Port. As long as it takes to walk. Find someone there."

"Here, take my staff. Let me help you."

Tusa caught up and followed them after they adjusted Nuru's stuff, and continued carrying the drum. Nuru drank down the health potion that Furaha had given him as they went, and the fog of pain started to lift somewhat. He finished the potion, held the staff to support himself on one side, and Dayo held him up on the injured leg side.

/Hey, sexy. Nice landing there./

"Oh, fuck off," Nuru growled. "Sorry Dayo, not you."

/I'm serious, I can't imagine it having turned out much better. I really thought you were done for and I was quite sad. Had to tune you out for a minute./

"Sorry, I'm not in a great mood right now. But your Weightless Foot did partially save my life. So, thanks for that."

/Maybe I can still help, too. How do you feel about trying out that new spell?/

"Oh. Residual healing. Hmm. I dunno, Dayo, you feeling at all frisky?"

"No. Also, what the heck do those two things have to do with each other?" Dayo said.

"New spell. Stat buff, and a little healing. Seems like a good thing to have right now."

"Nuru, sometimes you're adorable when you're flirty. This is not one of those times."

"Alright. Just figured I'd give you the opportunity. Give me a few minutes alone, will you?"

"...Fuck. You're really serious?"

"This is what Furaha was saying about open communication. We need to trust each other."

"It's just, I've never heard of anything like that before. Buffs, yes, but not healing. You pass my bluff check, but not my sanity check. But I guess my sanity check is wrong."

Nuru sighed. "So much for my codpiece saving me from her."

"Angelspit. And I tipped that asshole."

"What do you mean?"

"Nuru, I hate to say it, but... Adebowale sold you out. Think about it. How else would she have found you here just now?"

"Damn. I was starting to like him."

"I'm being unfair, actually. Look, he and I go way back. I know he wouldn't have done it if he knew what he'd really set in motion. We probably just need to pay him a little extra next time, to forget he saw us. Might start a bidding war, but he'll side with us; he knows if he gets too expensive we'll just stop shopping there completely. That's bad for business; he's just trying to make a living."

"Whatever, I'll deal with him later. You giving me a few minutes here or what?" Nuru said.

"Well... what would you like to do?" Dayo said, looking thoughtfully at his leg.

/!Sha Karfin Mahimmanci Daga Lalata! Ooh, always exciting trying out a new spell. Keep it simple, Nuru./

"Uh... just whatever works, I guess. No time to get fancy."

"Shall I pretend you're one of my clients and ride you?"

"I'm half-dead. Seems appropriate."

"Not so bad as that. At least, not to look at."

"Just wait 'til the bruises set in. I'm not bothering to find my shirt, it would hurt to wear it anyway."

"This'll help though, right?"

"I'm delighted to be able to find out."

Nuru sat gingerly and laid back against a log. Dayo knelt, caressed his face tenderly, and kissed him.

"You really like this dress, don't you?" they said.

"Visually? Love it. Stat-wise, it sounds great. I stand by my previous statement about it overall."

"Shall I leave it on then?"

"Remind me to pay tribute to whichever god first invented eidetic memory."

Dayo giggled. "I'll take that as a yes. Lie still, let me take care of you. You're not dead though, so you're going to have to provide your own erection."

/Don't you worry about that.!Jima'i Karfafa!/

"Oh, gods below, get this armor off me," Nuru said.

"Getting a bit tight?" Dayo teased. "It's big, but not as big as you are fully grown."

"I blame you," Nuru shot back. "And that dress."

(Even if I know it's your fault, Sanaa. What was that?)

/I told you you'd never need to worry about losing your mojo. It's a little magical reinforcement. Not that you need much, as young as you are. Just a little boost to overcome the pain./

"Gonna really put these padded boots to the test," Dayo said.

The valkyrie kissed him, helped him get the codpiece off and his pants down to his knees. One of Dayo's hands stroked his cock to full attention, while the other ran gently over his chest above the bruise, squeezed his hand, and brushed the hair out of his face.

"Gracious, you're hard as ever. Mind if I borrow your mouth for something else?"

"Note to self. Get injured more often. Alternatively, you can quit holding back and just say so when you want me."

Dayo laughed and dropped their panties. "Deal."

"I'm not pressuring you, am I?"

"Who's pressuring who, now?" Dayo stepped forward and put one foot up on the log behind Nuru, opening themselves up for his questing tongue.

"Mmmmm," Nuru said, massaging her mound with a finger as well. "Remahnd me ta do dis mo' often. Ya're juishy and delishoush."

"Is this helping to heal you?" Dayo said. "I'll be happy to continue if so, although I think I'm ready now."

"Le's not be hasteh. We need more data abo't dis new spehll. Let me have you some mo'."

"Oh, gods, yes. I wonder if Mesi will let me eat her while you're eating me."

"Yeh told me yeh share everyt'ing with her. Bettah not hold dat back."

"Unngh... you're right. We really need to get that ban lifted on you."

"You're tellen meh. Although teknekly I coulg be ligh at the bordeh, and you coulg be on bot' sides of it, and Mesi could be on t' odda side..."

"You're so bad!" Dayo said, bending over to kiss his now wet face again. "Let your valkyrie cum and take you away."

"Ooh, baby," Nuru said, smiling back.

Dayo squatted down and put their hands on either side of Nuru's head, grinding against him.

"Do I need to-"

"You stay put. Your valkyrie knows how to save you."

Dayo reached a hand down and guided him in. No more words were spoken as Dayo settled further and further down on him. Then back up. On the next downstroke, Dayo ground against him some more, unclasping the dress at their throat and letting their breasts slip free from the top, and brushing Nuru's face up and down with them. Nuru gasped in pain after he shuddered with pleasure, but then forgot the injuries again as Dayo slowed down and swirled their hips both up and down.

"Cum for me, Nuru."

"Already? Are you sure?"

"Oh yeah. Do it. I'm about to, myself."

"Fuck yes. Nnngh. Urgh!"

Dayo squeaked, pulling his face into their chest. Nuru felt their juices mixing, running down the inside of his thigh.

/That's what's generally knows as a 'quickie', Nuru./

"Is that true? It's called a 'quickie'?" Nuru asked, pretending he'd never heard of it before.

"Yep, that qualifies," Dayo said, grinning at him with a face that said they knew that he was lying. "Enjoy the show in there?"

/Absolutely. How do you feel, Nuru?/

"Huh. I really do feel better. And yeah, Dayo, she did."

"Good," Dayo said. "Let's see if you can stand yet."

They got him upright, pants back in place, though he was quite moist underneath the cloth.

"How about that. I think I want to use your staff still, but I can probably walk on my own," Nuru said.

"My staff's kind of heavy. It's meant for combat, not walking. Why don't you just lean on me?"

"Why yes, I will take an opportunity to look down your cleavage again, thanks for offering."

(How's the INT?)

/The same as it was. I cast for a CON boost instead, this time. You need it./

(That explains it. I'm not that healed, I'm just more... well-constituted, or whatever the phrase is. Max HP up and everything.)

/It'll fade. Best get a move on./

"Right. Off we go."

Nuru got his pack from Dayo and drum from Tusa, and leaned on Dayo for support. They made decent time on the way back, and Nuru pointed out the distinctive trees he had collected his junk near.

"One last thing for today, before I send you home to Mesi," Nuru said.

"Like hell I'm leaving you here injured," Dayo scoffed. "You settle down here and I'll run and grab you a poultice that'll help with the leg overnight. Slow heals are cheaper than fast."

"Fine. You can do this now, or do it in the morning. I want my old scrolls from my little patch of plains, put the chest right here with all of this other stuff. Here's an official quest, that should give you permission to enter it, since it's my private property. Tusa's going to be here and keep watch until you get back. Isn't that right, Tusa?!Fassada Girma!"

[Hunting, afterwards?]

"Right. Take tomorrow off, too."

[I hunger, but I can wait til then.]

"Appreciate it," Nuru said, wincing and laying down.

/You tucked in for the night?/

(Yeah, basically.)

/OK. I'm going to do some more work on my wards, and yes, I'm gonna need that MP. Apologies if you mana burn in advance./

(Do what you must.)

*****

Nuru woke with a slight headache, but nothing terrible. Dayo was sleeping a few feet away, with a bedroll.

"Aw, how come you didn't bring ME a bedroll?" he muttered.

Dayo yawned and leaned up on an elbow. "I'm sorry, when was I supposed to become a mind reader again?"

Nuru smiled weakly, still tired. "I'm just mad I didn't think of it. Good morning."

"Good morning. We all taking a day off, or just Tusa?"

"Just Tusa. No time to waste on the raid prep."

"I was kind of hoping you'd say that. I was starting to feel like I was going to be anxious if I could be doing my investigation and I was just sitting around shooting the shit with you. Not that I don't enjoy your company, of course."

"No, I get it. Still not sick of me?"

"Nuru, never before in my life have I seen someone *more* able to walk after fantastic sex. I'm all hot about it still, so no, not sick of you a bit. Can't wait to get with Mesi and... catch up, though."

"Little late for that this morning, I think."

"Oh, for sure. She'll be halfway to work by now, if not already there."

"Alright, let's plan our day so you can totally do that tonight."

"First of all, how are you going to be safe? If Tusa's off who-knows-where... are you going to call him for bed?"

"No, no. I'm not going back on what I told him. Honor's big to lyenas, or at least this one; that would cause a problem for us. No, I've still got that rematch with Furaha. Don't worry, I'll be in good hands."

Dayo looked away, took a deep breath.

"Everything OK?"

"...I guess now I know what jealousy feels like. Shit. No wonder Mesi had to walk away."

"Well, uh, maybe-"

"No, Nuru, don't cancel your plans for my sake. I'm asking Mesi to be OK with this, with me. I can handle it too. Just takes some getting used to, I hope."

"Dammit, now I'm gonna feel guilty."

"Hey." Dayo got up and walked over to him. "I get to travel with you; I bet she never does. It'll be OK, I promise. She's probably more jealous of me than I am of her, if we're being honest. If I get in the way of you and her we'll have a real, actual fight on our hands. Nobody wants that."

"Huh. Maybe. Or maybe I shouldn't have gotten involved with either of you."

"Too late now. Unless you want to have two scorned women who know all your secrets running around telling everyone where you are."

Dayo's eyes crinkled with a faint smile.

"Pssh. I wouldn't make it three meters, and I know it."

"So... big, impressive raid. Got a prize in mind?"

"No, not a clue. I've been a little busy to pay attention to rumors and treasure gossip. What would you go after, if you were me?"

"A shirt, first of all. Step one, see the healer."

"What, you don't like my manly chest?"

"Nuru, those bruises are not your color. And if you're going to sport a codpiece like that... no offense, you need more muscle definition to pull off the shirtless look."

"Fiiiine. So, what kind of shirt would you like to see me in? I'm assuming my little spare in the chest you brought back isn't what you meant."

"That ragged old thing? No. Mesi says something embroidered would give you a good image from a distance. Stage Presence stacks your CHA and equipment match bonuses, on top of any set bonuses. Just so happens, blue and gold are Blue Sun colors, so those pants would pair well, even if it's not technically a set."

"Ugh, we're going to be mugging elves now?"

"No, no. They're in a big feud with Eyamba's Beardy Boys."

"They're not the Beardy Boys."

"Not to their faces, certainly."

"Great. So on top of everything else, I'm going to have Jelani's Blue Sun elves and Eyamba's Free Digger dwarves, both thinking I'm taunting them. I couldn't join a faction if I wanted to at this rate."

"Oh, no, not at all. We'll blame it on Jabu, and they'll all retaliate against each other rather than us."

"How do you figure?"

"Alright, so here's how I'd do it..."

*****

"This is so wrong," Nuru said, slapping the pot of water with his Fire Hand.

A bloom of boiling water bubbles surged up from the bottom. Dayo twisted and hurled the hot water at the hornet's nest, killing a dozen of them at once.

"!Rai Magudana!!Rai Magudana!" One after another, the tiny souls were absorbed. Dayo said, "Could be worse. Could be bed bugs."

"Now that's just cruel."

"Yeah, I'm saving that for Seal Club."

Nuru opened his mouth to say something, and discovered he didn't have much, and closed it again. Dayo smirked.

"Are we trying to save their bodies at all?"

"Nope. That's way harder, lots of smoke and nasty things needed; their wings are so delicate. This will do for what we need. Chibale could never pull this off, I bet you."

"Really? Why not?"

"Never uses pure spectres; says it's a waste because they burn out so quickly. He always puts the souls into a body of some kind. Not saying he couldn't come up with some great beast, but Eyamba's got some big armored contraptions that just wouldn't be as easy to blow past, and if he brought a bunch of them they'd get in each others' way... I dunno, he'd probably figure something out, but he'd have to work way too hard for it."

"Do we have enough?"

"If you have to ask, the answer is no."

"Hah. Alright. One more day of this, then?" Nuru said.

"Sure. Let's not go overboard, I guess. It's just one shirt, even if it is a Master level."

"Let's get some more, just to hold in reserve."

"OK, I was thinking the same but you seem like you're getting impatient. We'll finish up with some flies; they don't actually do much, but they'll make it visually more terrifying."

"One EXP apiece. That's another way to level, I guess."

"Tusa, can you show us a few big kills around here? Old. Spoiled meat."

The feliform retched, and led the way.

*****

One Arcane Blast and half the swarm died. A couple more and there were lots of tiny souls to be had, although some of the bodies flew a short distance and had to be hunted down.

"!Rai Magudana! What I wouldn't give to have Group Soul Drain," Dayo groused. "But, I don't get that until I hit second rank. I'm going for Blackguard."

"At least you have high enough proficiency you don't strictly have to vocalize every one of them."

"Yeah, that would take forever."

"Hey, how will you summon so many insects at a time? I thought Puppetmaster had the highest unit count."

"In terms of simultaneous control, yes. What I'll do is summon a bunch and put them in a follow mode, sort of promoting one of them as a leader, then giving that one a command and releasing it. I can only hold control of one at a time, but there are some workarounds that work for this purpose. You'll see; I don't need precision or coordination, we're going for visual effect more than anything else."

*****

"Alright, are we ready?" Nuru said after several more stops.

"Now we need to take down a big one, to break down the front door wards. Tusa, ready to do some damage?" Dayo said.

Tusa howled with spine-chilling aggression.

"Find me a wight."

They wandered for a bit, following Tusa's nose. Finally, he took off at a steady pace in a particular direction.

"Hmm. So, I know where ghouls come from. Where do wights come from?" Nuru said.

"They're super-zombies. Enhanced and reforged souls get injected by spectresmiths. A curse on top of a curse, essentially."

"Are there a lot of spectresmiths around?"

"Jabu loves 'em, that's where most come from, they slip out of the fortresses every once in awhile when somebody gets careless or adventurers break in and leave the door open. Eyamba's got a few. Neeoka - probably him, too, although I try to let the High Factions soil their hands with that bunch rather than me. Onyekachi's technically a spectresmith still, but he's not practicing these days. Here we go; man, three of them together. I guess that's how they've stayed alive, but that's going to complicate things. Tusa, you good to handle one of them by yourself? We need to break them up, the old divide-and-conquer."

He growled confidently.

"Don't forget, they can't touch you, even once. You get hit, you run, if you even can. They'll sap you for all your strength super quick," Dayo said.

He pawed at the ground eagerly.

"You're ready, Tusa, we understand. Plan for the other two?" Nuru said.

"Take one of them out, if possible, and we need to capture the other intact. Let me handle that; I don't want to risk you getting caught alone."

"Yep, that's me. Damsel in distress, waiting to happen," Nuru said sarcastically.

Dayo kissed him. "You have other qualities I appreciate, don't fret. Ready? Go!"

Tusa took off, plowing right into the wights, which flailed wildly as they attempted to identify the sudden source of attack. Dayo Shadow Walked out as close as possible, and pulled aggro on another one with the heavy studded staff. It followed the valkyrie back into the cover of the trees, where one merciless hit after another struck from all sides; as soon as the wight would recover and get the rhythm of the valkyrie's attack, its fingers would close on empty air as Dayo spun another way and Shadow Walked into a new position where the staff would once again slam home with a a solid THUNK without missing a single one of Nuru's long, heavy beats. The lyena was struggling to separate the two which had fixated on him, and ended up dodging behind trees to let the trunk provide a natural barrier. He got some good swipes in, but it was taking awhile until Dayo laid their foe down with a scythe to the knee, dematerializing the scythe, and then destroying one arm after the other as it scrambled after them on all fours. Dayo finished it off with repeated blows to the skull, driving its face right into the dirt, and then it laid still.

"Tusa, to me! Quit hogging all the fun!" Dayo called out.

Tusa loped over with a goofy grin, trailing the two wights. Dayo staggered one with Arcane Blast, and it turned to face the valkyrie instead, leaving the feliform to ravage the one following him with gleeful abandon. It overextended a full-body swing, and Tusa's jaws closed on its shoulder in counterattack from behind, crunching down and snapping several bones. The wight moaned angrily, punching itself in the face as it attempted to reach across with its good arm, and toppled over as Tusa bumped it and slashed behind the knee on the other side. Dayo conjured some kind of loop at the end of their staff, and snagged the other wight around the neck with it, holding it in place.

"Rgh! This one's stronger than most. Nuru, give me a hand!"

He rushed forward and together with Dayo they held the wight in place. Tusa tore his wight limb from limb, leaving it twitching and gasping with only one good arm. He moved in for the kill and it got the good hand on him, drawing out a squeal of pain. A brief frenzy ensued, with Tusa half-heartedly clawing and scratching with all four paws, and with one last gasp of strength, snapped the wight's neck even as its other limbs had been repairing themselves. His strength suddenly returned, Tusa tore the head straight off the shoulders and brayed with victory.