Broken and Bonded Ch. 05-06

Story Info
Sequel to By choice or by force. This is Trudy's story.
3.7k words
4.71
939
1
0

Part 3 of the 11 part series

Updated 03/17/2024
Created 02/24/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers

Chapter Five

Iris and James arrived just in time for their evening meal, although they were given ten minutes to dump their bags in Iris's room, and freshen up, before joining the family for a quick drink before going to their dinner.

They were joined by the two doctors and Sheila, and by Jonathon Richards, and so there was a great deal of conversations going on even before they sat around the table.

Trudy sat down thankful that Matt was not there, and then dismayed when Jonathon sat beside her.

"My brother has taken to his room again," Jonathon said sadly. "The headaches when they begin are intolerable for him; and so, all he can do is to try and sleep them off."

"Migraines can be a terrible thing," Dr Phillips sympathised.

Jonathon lowered his voice so that only Trudy could hear him. "I think we both know that this is not just a migraine."

"As you suggested, Jon; I had my staff make up that back room for him," Greg said suddenly. "The bed is a large one and he is a big man; but perhaps he needs something closer to the doctors?"

"There is no help for him I am afraid, the back room where it is quiet is probably the best thing for him."

"I could prescribe him some painkillers?" Dr Phillips offered.

"Thank you but no, he tends to down a bottle or two of alcohol, when the attacks come, and will probably already be out of this world... until tomorrow now, I would have thought. Our best course of action is to leave him in peace."

"Yes," Dr Phillips nodded. "I would offer to go and check on him, but as you say if he is in a deep sleep then disturbing him would just be cruel. Rest is usually the best remedy."

Trudy sat and ate her meal in silence as the people around her chatted.

Knowing that Matt was upstairs and in pain, was almost her undoing.

She could not conceive of the idea of leaving him alone like that; he needed rest yes; but surely someone should stay with him; if only to let him know that he was cared about.

Tucked away at the back of the house -- where no one else went, not even the staff had rooms back there it was so dark and depressing.

The meal finished and they all moved to the living area which also led out to the veranda.

Jonathon took Laurie's arm and led her outside, so that they could sit and chat together.

"After all," he smiled down at her. "We are family now, and so we should get to know each other better."

Laurie cast a quick anxious glance at Michael, who smiled at her in reassurance, before she allowed herself to be led out onto the veranda by Jonathon.

As the evening wore on, Jonathon stayed out on the veranda and after a while he sent Laurie back inside, and he had her request Michael to pop out; then when Michael came back, he asked Iris if she would be kind enough to join his father out for a bit of fresh air, when she returned, she asked James to go out to Jonathon.

It seemed that Jonathon had taken the essence of his ceremonial hall, where he had held audiences and heard petitions; and relocated it to Greg Beaumont's veranda.

Whilst out there he held meetings with just about everyone, and tonight he seemed to want to sit with all of Greg's family; on a one-to-one basis.

Trudy had no idea what conversations were had out there, but she had already endured one of them; and so, she was so not about to be pulled out for another.

She yawned somewhat theatrically.

"Well, it's been a long day and I for one am tired; so, I shall bid you all a good night,"

"Good night, Aunt Trudy," Laurie smiled, and Iris stood up to give her a hug.

"We must sit and talk soon," Iris murmured fondly.

"Yes, tomorrow perhaps?"

"That would be nice; you, me and Laurie... we haven't done that since I got married."

*

Trudy sat in front of her mirror and brushed through her short-cropped hair.

She'd had it like this for so many years now, never wanting anything to make her look feminine or attractive; she deliberately hacked at her hair on a regular basis.

Now as she studied herself, she felt demoralised; she threw the brush down and turned away in disgust.

She pulled off her clothing as she walked to her adjoining bathroom and spent a good fifteen minutes simply standing under the running shower, before even bothering with the soap.

Half an hour later though, washed and wrapped in a soft, fluffy towel, she dropped back in front of the mirror.

"You are old before your time, my girl!" she muttered as she dried her cropped hair quickly using her fingers to comb through it.

Her hair was once her shinning glory and her one true vanity; and in truth it still held hints of that glory even if people just saw the jagged cut.

It was fine and soft like Laurie's, and in her day, it had been longer still than Laurie's.

Trudy dropped the towel and slipped into a little summer dress, light and easily discarded should the wish to shift come upon her.

She had claimed tiredness to escape from the room downstairs; but to tell the truth she was wide awake and humming with suppressed energy.

She glanced at her watch and sighed. It was growing past the midnight hour. She guessed everyone would be in bed or at least in their rooms by now.

The house and its occupants were settling down for the night.

And Trudy paced her room, trying to wind down too.

By one thirty she knew that she would not sleep tonight. Not until she had done what she needed to do.

With a little huff of resignation, she quietly left her bedroom.

She ghosted through the silent house, knowing exactly where she was going in the darkness.

The doors on this short corridor were all closed, but the shadowy light under one of them told her that she did not need to peep inside each room.

She carefully turned the handle and as the door swung open, she stepped inside.

She quietly closed the door behind her, and then stood for a moment just looking across at the large bed, with Matt sleeping in it.

He was lying on his back, and the sheet, was draped across his mid torso, but his legs were uncovered, as was his chest.

Trudy gave a soft little whimper as she slowly walked across the room.

She never thought she would get this opportunity ever again. To observe him in all his unguarded glory.

His arm was thrown across his face, but his deep ragged breaths clearly showed how deeply he was sleeping.

As she reached the bed, she could almost feel the heat radiating from him and her eyes gleamed in the dim light, as she ate up the sight of him.

He was magnificent! Even after all these years and after the pains and ravages, that had happened to him.

Trudy reached out and gently touched his chest.

Matt twitched and his arm moved a little but stayed over his face. "So Tru," he mumbled in his sleep. "My girl with the sunshine hair!"

She gave a little sob.

He did remember some things. Even if only in his sleep, the memories were still there.

She went to step back, to flee this room and him, but as if suddenly he sensed her presence, his arm moved, and he sat up.

Trudy gave a startled little squeal, and would have moved away -- ran away, but Matt reached out and grabbed her and pulled her down onto him.

"You came back to me!" he mumbled as his lips crushed hers.

"I... I never left you!" she said against his mouth. "You left me!"

He pulled back and as she looked into his distant, confused eyes, she realised that he was not properly conscious.

She gave another sob, and tried to pull away, but his arms tightened around her binding her to him.

"No, you cannot leave me -- not again -- not ever again!"

The more she tried to struggle the tighter his hold became and so in the end she stopped fighting him and as she stilled in his arms, his lips once more found hers in a hungry search of her being.

Trudy knew that this was a mistake, that if he woke up properly whilst she was here like this then he would be outraged, and he would despise her.

She could not handle that sort of thoughts from him, but to be in his arms once more, to feel that love that he held for her.

The tears streamed down her cheeks as his hands found the curves that only he knew so well.

"Please let me go!" she whispered brokenly.

"Never! You swore to be mine -- forever -- you promised me!"

He tugged at the straps of her dress, and it fell away easily, leaving her as naked as him.

Even though he was not properly awake, he seemed to know exactly what he was doing, how to touch her -- how to please her.

He touched her breast with exactly the right pressure to cause her gasping with pleasure.

His hands were all over her even as he held her to him.

"I need you so much baby -- my golden sunlight girl... please..."

He moved only slightly, and her legs slid either side so that she was straddling him.

Then with on smooth thrust up he was inside her.

Trudy groaned as her body stretched painfully to accommodate the size of him. It had been so very long since the last time, that her body needed a moment to adjust.

She needed a moment to adjust to the almost overwhelming emotions that were surging through her.

But as Matt pulled her down to kiss her again, she gave up on all attempts at resistance. This was as it should be, as it always had been.

She loved him!

He was her one true mate, even though he would remember none of this come morning, and her heart would break all over again, she had this unexpected gift of tonight, and with one last little sob, she allowed Matt to take control and let the muscle and body memories compensate for the loss of his mind's memory.

He stroked her back as he used to do, but where the length of her hair used to cover his hands and tickle her back now there was only air and flesh upon flesh.

Their movements became urgent as though all those years of abstinence came crashing in on them.

He thrust hard and deep suddenly, and Trudy shivered and shuddered through her own orgasm as his fluids flooded into her.

She fell forwards with a sob.

And Matt fell back, with a contented smile.

He looked at her through half closed eyes, and then a moment later he was fully asleep again.

Trudy looked down at him in disbelief for a moment.

That was it? Her moment of heaven was over -- just like that!

She shivered as the coldness and desolation crashed over her.

He was still inside her, but he knew nothing, would remember nothing.

She scrambled over the bed and slipped her dress back on.

With a light flick of the sheet, she put it back over him, and he turned on his side with a mumble and slur.

"My sunshine summer girl -- how I love your sunshine hair -- my Tru girl."

She left the room silently and stumbled back into her own room.

She ran the shower and simply stood under it as the water washed away her tears, along with her crime.

*****

Chapter Six

Matt turned away from the sun streaming through the window. It was far too bright for this time of the morning. And his throbbing head would be in no state to battle the light.

He turned onto his back and stretched out, and a lazy smile crept onto his face.

No throbbing head, no aches or pains or weariness. Just a tremendous feeling of wellbeing?

He climbed out of bed and walked through to his bathroom, and less than half an hour later he was dressed and ready to face the world.

He was whistling as he fastened the laces of his trainers, and the smile still hovered around his mouth.

People were already gathered around the dining table eating breakfast and talking quietly, when he entered.

"Good morning!" he beamed at the occupants.

They all looked at him in surprise, everyone that was except for that Rowena woman, who kept her eyes fixed on her coffee cup.

"You look cheerful this morning, uncle?" Michael observed.

"It's a beautiful morning, a day full of possibilities perhaps?"

"How's the head this morning?" Greg asked hospitably. "Did you sleep okay?"

Matt's grin widened. "I think I had probably the best night's sleep in years."

He tucked into a substantial breakfast feeling half starved, and the conversations around the table resumed.

As people finished their own breakfast, they drifted away until only Greg, his brother Jonathon, and that Rowena woman, were left at the table.

Matt polished off the food and then sat back with a sigh of satisfaction and reached for his coffee cup.

As he sipped at the hot beverage, he glanced up and his eyes fell on the woman sitting across from him.

As he sat watching her down bent head, the sun streamed through the window and caught the soft buttery glow of her hair.

His cup stopped mid sip, and slowly lowered away, as he gazed in wonder at her glowing halo, and his memory began to shuffle through the millions of frozen images.

Greg and Jonathon exchanged a quick glance and almost as if someone had nudged her, she looked up and their eyes locked.

Greg and Jonathon held their breaths as they watched the battle that raged in Matt.

But then suddenly he sighed, and his head dipped down as he rubbed at the scar under his white streak of hair.

Trudy stood up and fled the table, and by the time that Matt looked up again the room was quiet, and ordinary again, as the other two finished their own coffee, and chatted together quietly about nothing in particular.

Matt stood up, and the euphoria that he'd felt earlier, suddenly abandoned him, leaving the usual angst of something missing deep inside him.

"I think I shall walk off breakfast and then go out for a run." he said abruptly.

The silence in the room, after his departure, ended with Jonathon's sigh of regret.

"I had hoped that something about her would jog his memory."

Greg looked at him in concern. "I realise that they knew each other before, and I appreciate that you are doing what you think is best for your brother... but Trudy is my sister, and I hate to see the distress caused to her by Matt's inability to remember, and his erratic behaviour towards her."

"I know, my friend," Jonathon sighed again. "I only meant to do what I thought was best for the two of them, but obviously their feelings ran deep and strong."

"Yes, and so perhaps the damage was just as deep and strong?"

"Do you know nothing of what happened between them then?"

It was Greg's turn to sigh. "Whatever it was, it was whilst we were away on that diplomatic relations tour; Belle never said anything, and then she became ill... by the time that Trudy returned, she was a different person. I was too deep into my own grief to ask what had caused the change, and the time passed by, and Trudy went her way."

"Changed - how?" Jonathon asked curiously.

"Oh, well her hair for one thing, it used to be her pride and glory, flowing down her back. She was admired everywhere she went -- because of how she looked, but also because of her bright and happy go lucky personality."

"I can see why Matt would have been drawn to her then... but what happened? What went wrong -- why did he leave her and go to London, the attack that followed was about timing... had he remained with your sister he may not have been kidnapped in the first place?"

"I do not know. But the next time that I her saw her, her hair was hacked off as you see it now, and the light had been snuffed out of her... she seemed desolate -- driven.... almost unreachable, except for with the girls."

"Your daughters?"

Greg smiled sadly. "Only with Iris and Laurie did the light in her glimmer again."

*

Matt strode across the grassy field, heading as always towards that forest that called out to him.

As he did every morning, he stopped under the massive oak tree, and touched the trunk for a moment.

He closed his eyes, and almost felt like the tree was trying to communicate with him.

Then he opened his eyes and shook his head ruefully. It was just a tree for crying out loud -- what would a tree have to say to him?

He glanced around casually, and then he suddenly looked up, into the tree.

The leaves were thick on the branches, and so he could only see a little way up.

He turned away, and rubbed at the back of his head, as the niggle there made itself felt again.

He stretched and opened up his shoulders, and then he dug in his feet, and with a kick of his heels, he stormed into the forest.

After several long minutes, Trudy swung down from where she was hidden amongst the leaves and branches. She dropped to the ground with a light thud, and resolutely wiped away the residue of her tears.

Squaring her shoulders, she walked back towards the house with a new sense of purpose.

*

Matt showered and then dressed in fresh clothes with such a feeling of anticipation that he'd not felt in years.

He would sit down to dinner with his brother and the family, he would sit across from her, and he would not take his eyes off her until he figured out what it was about her that so haunted him. He was worried that he was becoming fixated with her, he could have sworn this morning that he could sense her presence in his room -- there was a musky aroma when he awoke, and for some reason it had made him think of her?

He thought that he was the last but one to sit down at the dinner table, but then he noted with a keen sense of disappointment, that the place where she usually sat was not even prepared for her.

"My sister was called back to London," Greg told him quietly as though sensing his question.

"Oh?"

"She has many ventures on the go and is always in demand by someone -- that is why she is so successful and wealthy."

Greg smiled smugly, and Matt appreciated his sense of pride in his sister's achievements -- if only his own family could have been so generous!

He caught his brother's gaze on him and had to amend that thought, but only as far as Jon, and Michael was concerned. The rest of them were long gone and good riddance to the lot of them!

The doctors and nurse Sheila also joined them at the dinner table, and Dr Philips was deep in conversation with Laurie and Iris, asking them a great deal of questions about their childhood it seemed.

There were other conversations going on around the table, but Matt did not feel inclined to join in any of them.

He sat eating the meal as he thought about Rowena.

There was just something about the woman, from the very first moment that he met her, when she had stormed into Bill Frawning's home, and almost taken out every member of that male dominant pack.

He had never met anyone like her before and had the situation not been so serious, then Matt would have taken the time to get to know her better.

Any attempts at talking to her since then, had been met with a stonewall of what he could only call resentment.

True he had taken her and her family by force, but she understood why now. She treated his brother with a friendly sort of guarded courtesy. It was only with him, was she still openly hostile.

"You are very quiet this evening?" Jonathon murmured to him suddenly. "Especially after your jovial mood this morning?"

Matt shrugged. "I guess that I am starting to feel a little penned in, I was thinking of taking off for a few days, whilst you are here with the doctors and your staff and Greg, as well. There are more than enough people around to look out for you, if I was to take a short break."

"Don't forget our visit to Seline's on Monday, but once we get back from there; yes, you take the rest of the week for yourself."

"Thanks, I shall do that!"

"Do you know where you will go? What you will do?"

Matt hesitated, but then smiled. "Probably down to the cottage. A few days strolling across the beach, and swimming in the sea, or just taking things moment to moment."

"That sounds like a good plan, I almost wish that I could join you there."

Matt chuckled. "Oh no you don't! You have too many irons in the fire, too many projects in motion. The place you most want to be is right here, right where you are!"

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers
12