Burn Baby Burn Pt. 04

Story Info
The courthouse blues, "Who's our daddy?" and a new woman...
8.5k words
4.72
19.9k
28
15

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dyspneiic
Dyspneiic
300 Followers

I have had some interesting comments on this story so far.

First off regarding the category. Yes it could fall into the Loving Wives section quite easily but because of it's length, it was suggested to me to break it into smaller parts. Problem being the interesting guidelines. Since there is no sex in the first parts they could only be submitted under non-erotic—however all non-erotic submissions have to be complete stories, which brings me back around to the Novels and Novellas...feel my pain?

As for just dumping the entire story on at once, tried that too. Very painful. The Moderators rejected all the other parts for being submitted out of order and then rejected the first part because it wasn't a complete story (Heavy sigh).

And to the fellow who suggested that Chad enjoyed being separated from his family based on his work history...where did you get that idea from? I served 20 years in the Navy, and I can assure you that nobody 'enjoys' being separated from their families for that long. Chad's schedule in the oil fields would be a picnic compared to a WestPac.

That said, I am submitting the remainder of the story at once hoping it all works out as I will be on holidays for the next couple weeks.

Cheers

-Dys

Chapter Seven

Expecting a battle to get Bobby into counseling, Jennifer preemptively requested an injunction. The date of the hearing was scheduled for a week hence. Chad attempted to call Molly to discuss it, but she ignored him. Jess met with them that afternoon after close of business. he appeared even more smug than usual.

"This is like taking candy from a fat kid!" She grinned, setting a medium duffle on the conference table. Paul joined them and graciously accepted a water bottle from his wife. Chad took one as well and sat down.

"What do you have Jess?" Paul asked her as he loosened his tie.

"Well, they aren't very original." She replied. "They retained Joshua Perkins to represent them, again."

Jenn's husband rolled his eyes and looked at his client. "Perkins & Pratt represented Franky D during the hospital suit." He explained. "They are second rate criminal attorneys at best, and Family Law isn't in their repertoire at all."

Jennifer grinned widely and looked through her phone contacts. "I will contact him tomorrow morning and try to set up a meeting." She jotted a quick note on her pad. "Since your ex tore up the petition, he will need another copy."

"What can I do in the meantime?" Chad asked.

Jess leered at him suggestively. "Well...PD. I can think of a few things."

Jennifer noted the blush on Chad's face and looked askance at her twin. "What happened to PB?"

"Oh no!" She smirked. "He is definitely a PD."

"What, pray tell, is a 'PD'?" Paul asked.

"Honey, you don't want to know." Jen smiled at him. The twins gazed knowingly at each other and giggled. "Piledriver." They exclaimed simultaneously.

Chad looked sharply down at the table while his attorney buried his face in his hands.

"Seriously though." Jen added. "Just keep on and maintain a low profile. "There was an implied threat against your life, so we want you to stay out of the picture until the hearing next week."

Paul nodded. "Copies and transcripts of the surveillance from Franky's house, has been 'anonymously' tipped to both the FBI and the AG's office." His expression was hardly benign. "That will make it a federal case that is unlikely to be ignored."

"And if it is." Jess added. "It will be sent to a couple news anchors who aren't swayed by threats."

Jennifer nodded. "It will be leaked regardless once the petition is heard by the courts. That is when we will go to battle."

***

A week later found them at the courthouse waiting to be ushered into the court room to plead their case. Molly and Franky stood off to the side with their rotund attorney and all 3 of his children. She had denied him, every time he tried to reach out and speak to Bobby. But when the youngest spotted his father in the hallway, he jerked away from his mother's grip and rushed to embrace him. "Dad!" He wept as he clung to Chad's shirt.

Chad held back bitter tears as he hugged his son and reassured him quietly. He looked up and gazed into Molly's hateful eyes. His jaw clenched in anger, and he looked away in disgust. Franky jr. looked bored and nonplussed. The obese man in the ill-fitting suit stared at his two sharply dressed attorneys then glance away uncomfortably.

They were ushered into the courtroom and took separate positions to either side before the bench. They rose respectfully upon the magistrate's entry and the hearing was called to order. A stenographer sat off to the side recording every word spoken.

Paul presented their plea and reasoning for Bobby to be ordered into counseling and went on to describe the hardship that the child was exposed to due to the confounding circumstances of his parentage and Chad's concern for his welfare. He also submitted a custodial petition claiming that Molly had denied any visitations since being served.

The judge reviewed the petitions and looked up at Molly and Franks attorney. "Mr. Perkins, would your clients care to respond?"

"Indeed, we would your honor." He replied stepping forward.

They defended their position by accusing Chad of alienating his family for years and utterly abandoning them recently. He contended that the husband demonstrated a valid and dangerous threat to his estranged wife and children and presented a counter petition for full custody with an additional restraining order prohibiting Chad from being within 500 yards of them at all times.

Mr. Perkins went on to presented Billy and Bethany as adult character witnesses. Billy readily took the stand and eagerly answered the questions presented to him by their attorney.

"Tell us William, do you feel like your father has been a good figure as you grew up?" He asked.

"Well, I guess maybe..." Bobby stammered. He wouldn't look his father in the eye. "I mean he was never really there—you know? He was always gone all the time and we never saw him." He muttered staring down at his hands.

Chad whispered into Paul's ear, who began scratching brief notes on his pad.

Mr. Perkins waved towards Molly and Frank. "Would you say that your Uncle Frank filled in as your surrogate father?"

Billy nodded but continued to look down. "Oh, for sure! He has always been there for us. He helped Mom out a lot to raise us good. He even bought us things to help us with school and college."

"What kind of things did your Uncle Frank provide for you and your sister?" Mr. Perkins continued.

"Oh, he bought us new cloths, cell phones, laptop computers," The boy answered excitedly. "He even got me and Bethany cars for college!"

Chad whispered to Paul again as the fat lawyer summed up his argument. "Did your father ever provide you with anything?"

Billy scoffed. "Heck No!" He blurted. "His favorite word is—No!"

The judge looked skeptically at the Defendants nodded to Paul. "Would you care to cross examine Counselor?"

Paul rose and straightened his suit. "Yes. Thankyou your honor." He approached the bench and looked into the nervous blue eyes of the young man. "Billy—can I call you Billy?" The boy nodded and swallowed nervously.

Paul smiled warmly. "Thank you. Billy, do you know why your father was gone 'all' the time?" He emphasized the word with double fingers.

"Uh yeah sorta. He was off doing war stuff I guess."

"By 'war stuff," again the fingers, "you mean that he was deployed with the US Navy, defending our country. Is that correct?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, I guess."

Paul nodded and crossed his arms. "And after he separated from the Navy, he went to work for a Petroleum company in Nebraska, where he was gone for 2 weeks at a time—is that also correct?"

Billy began fidgeting nervously as he nodded hesitantly.

"Will your honor interpret that as confirmation?" Paul asked the judge, who nodded.

"And did your mother ever work during this time?" He continued.

"Objection!" Mr. Perkins stood. "Your honor raising three children is a full-time job by itself!"

Paul conceded with a nod to the other attorney. "I'm only establishing that during these expressed absences, Mr. Hartley was in fact proving a great deal for his family."

The judge nodded again. "Understood Mr. Bradley, continue."

Paul turned back to the young man on the stand. "So, your father may have been absent at times but he did, in fact maintain a presence in the lives of you and your siblings, correct?"

Again, Billy scoffed. "Not much of one."

Paul frowned at him. "Tell me Billy, while you were growing up did your father ever help you with your homework?"

"Well...yeah."

"And I understand you were quite involved in school sports, correct? Did your father participate in that at all?"

Billy flushed and muttered. "Yes."

"How did he participate with your baseball, football, and track events?" Paul probed innocently.

"He...coached me, um, us."

Paul nodded and held his chin as he faced back to the group. "Billy who taught you to drive?"

The young man sighed heavily with frustration. "Dad did."

"Thank you, Billy." Paul stepped over to his table, then turned back. "But he would not buy you a car, is that correct."

Billy nodded his head. "Exactly! Uncle Frank didn't mind at all." He exclaimed.

Paul nodded. "Tell me, did your father ever tell you why he wouldn't buy you a car?"

"He said I wasn't responsible enough." He muttered angrily.

"I see." He stepped around to his seat and paused again before sitting down. "One last thing young man." He gestured. "What is the current status of your shiny new truck that you received from your uncle?"

Several gasps were heard from the defendant table. Billy turned bright red and looked down sheepishly.

"Please answer the question." Ordered the judge.

"I wrecked it."

"Your honor. We have offered striking testimony to show just how devoted Mr. Hartley has been towards his children." Paul stated later. "Whether the two oldest believe it or not. If you please, we feel it behooves the court to see to the emotional wellbeing of the younger child. Even though Bobby is not the biological offspring of Mr. Hartley—he is listed on the child's birth certificate as the parent and has provided for him as his own." He waved his arm dramatically toward the defendant table. "Unlike his real father."

"Objection!" Mr. Perkins again rose frantically to his feet. "Paternity of the youngest Hartley child has not been established before the court."

"Perhaps not your honor, but it has been established through independent laboratory testing and, if the court pleases—can be verified easily enough, 'before the court.'" Paul chided him.

"Alright that's enough." The judge ordered, striking his gavel. He glared over towards the chunky attorney. "Mr. Perkins, is your client Mr. Discarsio the biological father of Robert Hartley?"

The lawyer swallowed and glance nervously at Frank, who shook his head slightly. "No, your honor. My client denies any allegations stating so."

The judge snorted in disgust. "And after court ordered testing confirms these findings—how will he feel about it then?"

Frank Discarsio jr. stood up arrogantly and chopped his hand downwards sharply. "I don't believe in your ridiculous tests!" He snapped. "And I never will."

"You are out of order Mr. Discarsio!" The judge growled angrily. "This is not some kangaroo court and you're not entitled to pick and choose what proof you can believe in." The gavel smacked sharply back down. "DNA testing is so ordered. And I find myself agreeing with Mr. Hartley and his team that emotional support and counseling is in the best interests of the young man in question. This too is so ordered." He looked sharply at Mr. Perkins, cutting off his protest. "And as for custody, I order for shared placement at this time—to be monitored and supervised by CPS!" He banged his gavel again and stood. "Adjourned!"

***

Ms. Helen Dillard was a slender graying woman of medium height, who carried herself with a confidence earned from years in her practice as a child psychologist and social worker. Despite her advanced years she appeared 20 years younger than her true age of 70. She was fit and trim and eschewed makeup and hair colorings, choosing to age gracefully. She rose from her office chair and greeted Bobby and his dad warmly.

"Welcome Bobby," she greeted, "I have been looking forward to our meeting." She possessed an air of comfort about her that immediately put you at ease. She gestured to the chairs across from her desk and sat on the couch across from them. "Please be seated."

They were able to get in to see here within 2 days of the hearing. Chad asked for, and was granted, permission to keep Bobby for the following week and they stayed together at Otis and Beulah's. When Chad introduced his son to Jess, the boy took to her instantly and they soon close as cousins. Her spending the night with his dad was not only accepted but anticipated by both.

During the first counseling session Chad stayed long enough feel the confidence grow between his son and the counselor. Then he stepped out for the rest of the meeting. They discussed nothing as he drove back home. Bobby was notably more relaxed however and even initiated discussions regarding dinner plans and how his school was going. Even more reassuring was that he was looking forward to his future sessions.

***

It was clear that Molly's legal strategy was to delay the divorce for as long as possible. They contended every point of the petition, arguing that Chad was the negligent parent while casting Molly as the ultimate victim. She was abandoned, rebuked, unappreciated and denied the support of a loving, caring, supportive husband. The tragic loss of her sister compounded her trauma and fueled her lessening sense of self-worth. In her severely depressed state, she had only her family to turn to for support and it was her strong, supportive brother-in-law who became her rock. Despite her trepidation towards her estranged husband, she demanded marital counseling and couples therapy to try and 'resurrect' and save her marriage.

The court agreed and Chad grudgingly attended their first meeting with a counselor who was obviously biased towards the wives and made no attempt to disguise it. From the outset the session was orchestrated to discuss how 'they' could work through 'his' issues and reestablish their loving relationship. It took all his will power to remain calm and objective in the face of both their recriminations.

Finally, he had had enough. "Look, ya'll have been going on and on discussing how I need to change before there is any hope of saving this marriage. I said it right up front, that there won't be any saving of anything. This marriage is over, period. I cannot share my life with a woman who would conspire to murder her own sister so that she can be continue having a relationship with the brother-in-law who impregnated her with our youngest child!" He stood angrily and jabbed a finger at both of their astonished faces. "Neither of you even want to discuss her infidelity." He barked. "You have made it off limits and that ain't how I roll. And I have no intention of continuing this bullshit! I don't care what you tell the judge." And with that he walked out. He called Jennifer from his truck, describing the session.

"That woman is a troglodyte!" She fumed. "They will try to hold you in contempt and the judge may or may not agree. I will file a motion to appeal the counseling in light of her hostility."

"Will I have to go back?"

"Unlikely," Jen sighed. "Let me make some calls and see which way the wind blows. They know we have the evidence and can make their lives very uncomfortable, if we release it publicly."

He called Jess, who was at her condo with Bobby, swimming in the pool. "Hey lover!" She greeted him huskily. "Whatcha wearing?"

He snorted. "I should have been wearing Kevlar during that bullshit meeting." He described the chain of events during the meeting. "I'm done with that shit!"

"I don't blame you!" She agreed. "Why don't you grab a bucket of chicken on the way home?"

A meeting was called for by Paul and they met at the Bradley office conference room. Mr. Perkins arrived with Molly in tow, but Frank was absent. She sneered at them as she sat, and her attorney echoed her sentiment.

"It will not look favorable on your client for refusing to comply with a court order, Counselor." He began.

"Mr. Perkins we all know that this is nothing more than a delaying tactic on your part." Paul responded. "I don't know what your end game is, but the reasoning is not germane to this discussion." He nodded to his wife who swiveled her chair towards the big screen and pressed a button.

"We watching reruns of Judge Judy?" Molly quipped as the screen lit up. "And no popcorn." She sniffed.

Jennifer gazed at her evenly and pursed her lips. "Something like that."

The first image to appear was of Molly clad in a sheer teddy, on her knees with Frank's limp penis in her mouth, Her D sized breasts were displayed beautifully outside the cups of her brasier. Frank was holding his head back as he grasped her black hair with both hands.

Molly's sneer faded as the color drained from her face. Her lawyer looked apoplectic.

The scene faded to be replaced by another showing her completely nude on her hands and knees with Frank taking her doggy style. She wore a bored expression while Frank's face was puffy, reddened and utterly driven.

"Oh my...what the fuck...you..." Molly stammered. Mr. Perkins opened and closed his mouth and his face reddened. She smacked him in the arm and jumped to her feet. "How did you get these?" She demanded. "This is an invasion of my privacy...in my own home!" Her kicked her chair behind her in outrage.

"His home, actually." Paul corrected, pointing at Chad who sat at the head of the table with a bemused expression. "And with his permission we can record anything we like within the premises." He nodded to the flabbergasted attorney seated across from him. "Your attorney can verify that. I'm sure he has similar experience."

Another picture showed the two in reverse cowgirl with her atop the older man. She had her back arched in ecstasy as she held a large blue electric massager between her thighs. With a shriek Molly lunged for the redhead across from her. "Turn it off!"

Jennifer waved the remote suggestively and smiled sweetly. "But we haven't even begun yet." She replied coyly. "There's so much more. And the videos..." She purred. "Hours and hours of video."

Perkins cleared his throat uncomfortably and gulped from his glasses of water. "I think we get your point Mrs. Bradley." He stammered. "Perhaps we can return to our discussion," He waved at the screen. "without the distraction."

Jennifer made a pouty face, and the TV went dark.

Molly remained standing, her face dark with rage. She stared hatefully across the room at Chad. "How fucking dare you!" She shouted. "What right have you got to..."

"I have every right!" He shouted back, his voice thundering in the room. "You want to waste my time having me go to worthless counseling session so you and your 'besty' can tell me all the ways that I fucked up our marriage?" He stabbed his thumb into his own chest. "You can go fuck yourself you bitch! The next time I go, I'm making her watch every last minute of that presentation!" He waved at the TV. "Including all the soundtracks of you and Franky discussing how to make me disappear."

Paul stood and cleared his throat. "I don't think it will come to that." He smiled reassuringly. "Do you Counselor?" He asked the stricken man across from him. "We could always share our evidence with the judge, explaining our definition of 'irreconcilable'." He made hash marks with his fingers.

Dyspneiic
Dyspneiic
300 Followers