Burn Baby Burn Pt. 05

Story Info
Tragedy strikes, recovery, and a vacation wedding,
9.9k words
4.46
14.5k
38
39

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dyspneiic
Dyspneiic
300 Followers

This story was just getting longer and longer so I finally decided to end it. I hope that is okay. I have other long tales in the works so look for them in the near future.

Cheers

-Dys

Chapter Nine

Tragedy struck a week later. Typical, it was as sudden as it was horrific and, just like 911, he would always recall exactly where he was and what he was doing when he received the news. In this case he was in Otis' shop working beneath a large Ford diesel King Ranch truck. Since big diesel engines were his specialty, Oty often called him for help when they came in. This one was a pretty straight forward job, and he was wrapping it up when a voice disrupted his concentration. It was one of the other mechanics named Mike.

"Hey Chad! Telephone!" He yelled from the office. "Sounds important!"

With a grumble he pushed himself out from under the rig on his creeper and rose, wiping his hands with a rag. He entered the office and took the land line. He always kept his cell in the glove box, so they were unable to reach him immediately.

"Chad!" It was Jessica and she sounded hysterical. His blood froze. "Get to Mercy General right now!"

He felt a deep pressure in his chest robbing him of breath. "Wha—what happened?" 'Please not Bobby.' He prayed.

"It's Paul!" She wailed. "There was a shooting at the Courthouse. Oh God babe! It's really bad! Get here quick!" He closed his eyes and his throat tightened.

"I'm on my way." The line clicked and he hung the phone up, looking blankly around.

"You okay Bro?" Mike asked with sudden concern.

"I—I need to get to the hospital right now." He stammered. "Jess says that there was a shooting at the courthouse."

"C'mon!" He grabbed the big man's arm. "We'll take my Jeep."

The breaking news flashed on the radio indicated that the shooting occurred as Franky D was being escorted from the Courthouse after his arraignment. He was pleading for a deal apparently and several gunmen opened up on the crowd as they followed the group out. It was confirmed by eyewitnesses that there were several deaths including Franky D himself, and several agents. There were several seriously wounded who were taken to the three different hospitals in the area. Speculation was rampant as the talking heads debated rumors, facts, and conjecture. Rumor had it that the civil lawsuit for wrongful death was entered that day as well. Which would explain the presence of Paul at the courthouse.

Mike drove like a lunatic and reached the Emergency Room entrance in time that would make the paramedics cringe. Chad jumped out and ran into the building without even acknowledging the favor. Not that it was needed between friends.

He was directed to an elevator bank that took him to the 4th floor. From there he found a well-marked waiting room and walked in to find Jessica and Spencer hugging each other crying. She looked up and met him halfway across the room, clinging to him desperately and crying with great racking sobs. He gestured to the young boy who came forward to join in the group hug.

No one spoke for several minutes as the tears flowed and bodies trembled with grief.

"What happened?" He asked almost with a whisper.

Jess sniffed and shook her head as she wiped her eyes and nose on her sleeve. "I don't know!" She replied trying to compose herself. "Paul was rushed straight to the OR and Jen asked me to pick up Spence." She hugged the boy to her tightly. "I have been here waiting for some kind of word." She shook with emotion. "I just know that things were looking terrible. They said CPR was happening as they rolled him in..."

"Oh God." Chad breathed as he shook his head in disbelief. Why Paul? Of all people. He wondered horrified. "Where is Jen?"

"I—I think she's back there with them." She sobbed and waved at the NO ADMITANCE double doors on the other side of the room.

They only had to wait another 10 minutes before one of the side doors opened and Jennifer was led out by a woman in scrubs and an elder man with an ecclesiastic look to him. One glance at her face said it all and Jessica began shaking her head and crying anew as she went forward to grab her twin. They dropped to their knees in the middle of the room and sobbed into each other's arms.

Chad held onto Spencer and the young boy hugged his leg fiercely, his terrified expression was heartbreaking to everyone coherent enough to see it. When his trembling knees started to give, Chad lifted him effortlessly into his arms and held him tightly. He wanted to offer something to the boy, any words of support—but his throat felt so constricted he couldn't make any sounds other than a broken rumble deep in his chest. He felt his eyes stinging from the terrible sense of sorrow and loss that permeated the room.

'Oh, good God, what do we do now?' He thought to himself with deepening dread.

***

The evening news coverage offered more clarity into the events that led up to Paul's tragic death. His final seconds were even caught on video but blurred out due to respect for the family. It was leaked that Frank Discarsio jr. was going to turn state's evidence (presumably against his father) in a plea deal and part of that deal was for federal prosecutors to try and talk the parents of Florence Ruston to drop their civil suit for wrongful death. The results of the grand jury hearing were unclear but when all parties left the courthouse, they were gunned down by at least three assailants with automatic weapons.

Franky D was struck down instantly in a hail of bullets, as were two of the agents escorting him. Molly who followed closely behind, would likely have died as well had it not been for the timely tackle by Paul Bradley, who reacted without a second's thought. As he dove forward and knocked her to the ground a stray bullet entered his skull directly through his left ear, killing him instantly. Only his heart chose to deny the inevitable long enough for him to pass away in the hospital. Molly suffered two bullet wounds to her left arm and shoulder and was in the same hospital under observation. Both of her parents were unscathed by the attack and their whereabouts was unknown. All of the assailants were in the wind and a statewide manhunt was underway.

When Chad learned of his ex-wife's injuries, he attempted to visit her but was turned away by the staff because he wasn't considered her legal family any longer—regardless that she was the mother of his children. They wouldn't even share information on her condition, so he had to learn from the press release that she was stable.

Later that evening Jessica's condo was filled with mourning well-wishers. Her and Jennifer's parents made the drive into town and were seated on the main couch holding hands as Matt, Otis, Beulah, Chad and Evie stood around helplessly, trying to be supportive as struggling to come to terms with it themselves. Paul's parents were enroute as were his younger brother and sister. Gunner and Tappy made their rounds and offered silent support to everyone by nudging a sad face here and there and accepting a consoling hug or pat.

Matthew had become good friends with Paul and was made Chairman of the foundation upon Otis and Beulah's return. He and Chad began the terrible task of preparing final arrangements for their friend. Jennifer was beyond comforting and her sister was nearly so. The family doctor was called and administered a sedative to the near catatonic widow. They lay her in the master bedroom and Jess stayed beside her the entire time. Chad called Ms. Dillard and asked her to come and help with Spencer who couldn't understand why his Papa was gone. She took the young man to his mother's side for a necessary physical embrace before taking him to another room with Bobby.

In the Master suite Chad looked down helplessly at his fiancé as she lay curled in a fetal position against the sedated form of her twin. She didn't even react when he leaned over to brush her hair aside so he could softly kiss her forehead.

***

Aside from the funeral arrangements Chad had to also deal with his two oldest kids, arranging for them to be released from class so that they could be with their mother. He booked their flights and picked them up at the airport. At the hospital the staff didn't give him a second look as he escorted them into her room. Molly was sitting up in her bed with her left arm wrapped in a large dressing and supported by a splint around her neck. Her face was pale and gaunt, and she looked 20 years older.

Billy and Bethany sobbed as they went to embrace her gently. Tears fell from her eyes as she squeezed each of them back. Her sadness was replaced by bitterness as she looked up at Chad.

"Haven't you done enough?" She cried. "Do you have to stand there and gloat too?"

He shook his head sadly. "I'm not here to do anything but try to help any way I can. I am very sorry for your loss. Just let me know what I can do, and I'll try my best."

"Why don't you starting by just fucking off!" She blurted angrily. Her outburst drew the attention of her nurse who came into the room. "And then do us all a favor and GO TO HELL!" She ended with a scream.

"Mom!" Billy gasped and he put his hand on her uninjured shoulder. "Relax okay! Dad's just trying to help out" He explained.

Bethany agreed. "We wouldn't be here if it weren't for him?"

"It's okay." Chad said quietly. "I understand where she is coming from. I will go now." Her nurse looked at him gratefully. He wrote his new number on a pad and handed it to his daughter. "Here are the keys to the rental I picked you up in." He added. "I will leave it where we parked. Call me if you need anything at home or with your mom. I'm not far away."

Beth stepped over and hugged him sniffling. "I'm so sorry Daddy!"

"It's okay pumpkin. Take care of your mom." He said as he released her and left the room.

***

The funeral was widely televised. The memorial service was well attended and somber. Though awake and functional, Jennifer was lost in her pain. She carried on as if her body were an empty shell and it was heartbreaking to witness her utter lack of response to anything around her. Even her son seemed a stranger to her. Her depression was so debilitating that she had no response to counseling or therapy. Only Jess could get her to follow commands, eat and take care of herself.

For her part Jessica slowly withdrew from her inner battle and accepted the loss of her dear brother-in-law, though her twin's depression affected her greatly. She drew strength from her solid soul mate and relied on his guidance to help them struggle through the days and nights.

At his insistence Jennifer and her son were moved into the condo where she continued to share the master suite with her sister while Spencer roomed with Bobby. Evie continued to stay and remained an invaluable support network for the children. Chad slept on the couch with Gunner and Tappy.

Two weeks after the funeral saw no improvement to Jennifer's psyche. She remained utterly withdrawn and incapable of interacting with anyone. The Counselors and therapist were concerned enough to push for her admittance to a mental hospital for intensive inpatient care. Jessica would not hear of it and sent them all packing.

The same day she pulled Chad aside and they took a walk with the dogs. She gripped his hand tightly and seemed to debate with herself over her words.

"Baby I need to ask you something that I don't think I could even ask of myself at the moment." She stated hesitantly.

Troubled Chad squeezed her hand. "Please, sweetheart," He replied softly. "If there is anything you think I can do, just ask."

"Can you trust me?" She stopped walking and turned to look up at him. There was painful determination in her eyes as she glanced back and forth into each of his.

"Of course! I trust you completely."

She turned and they continued walking. "Jennifer is not coming out of her funk and I'm afraid if she doesn't soon, she never will." He remained silent as he held her tiny hand. "We need to shock her out of it and there is only one way I can think of that might work."

Suddenly hopeful Chad squeezed her hand again.

"You see Jen and I are so much more alike than just looks." She explained. "We are connected at a much deeper level and as impossible as it may seem—we feel each other."

Chad was already certain of this just from the short time that he had known them.

"Did you know that early on, we both dated Paul?"

He listened to her words and found himself wondering how he should respond. Was he surprised? Upset? Jealous? Intrigued? He found he was none of the above. When he thought about it he felt it was almost...normal.

She giggled suddenly. "Oh, did we rock his world!" She laughed. "He had no idea just how..." She considered her words again. "We were...are extremely addicted to sex!" She stated flatly. She glanced up at him apprehensively. "It's not normal for either of us to go this long without it." She gripped his hand with both hers. "Frankly I'm going a little bit crazy right now."

He tried to wrap his head around her words but came up blank. "Um. It's no vacation for me either babe. But what can we do? Go get a hotel room?"

She shook her head and stopped walking once again. Still holding his hand with both hers she turned again to look into his eyes. "No, my love. I need you to make love to me now. In our own bed."

"But what about..."

"Jenn will be right next to us, and I want nothing more than for her to wake up while you are fucking the hell out of me."

Again, he absorbed her words and found that he was neither surprised nor turned off by her suggestion. In fact, he knew exactly what she was expecting. So, he nodded his head agreeably and she relaxed visibly.

"And when she responds to our sexual energy, what..." He faltered.

"Remember when you just said you would trust me with anything?"

He nodded. They had turned back towards the house and continued walking casually.

"Sweetheart." She began carefully. "If she is anywhere near as horny as I am—and I know she is. She will respond and she will be begging for it."

He felt his face heat up as he took in her meaning. "You want me to..."

"I will let you know. And when I do I want you to take her and fuck her brains out." She declared firmly. "Can you do that for me?"

'Could he do that for her?'

***

Evie took both boys out for a day of fun activities starting with the skate park. Chad joined his beloved in the master bedroom and helped her remove her cloths as he looked nervously over to her twin. Jennifer did not appear to be sleeping yet she wasn't awake either. She just stared up at the ceiling blinking occasionally seemly oblivious to their presence. Jess spoke to her as she undress her fiancé at the foot of the bed.

"Hey Tinker. I have my dead sexy man with me." She purred erotically. "I'm going to fuck him just for you." When they were both naked Jess drew back the blankets uncovering her twin's nude body. She was gorgeous in every way that he found Jessica to be. His erection was immediate and desperate.

Jess crawled over her sister's body and kissed her deeply as she rubbed her pierced nipples across Jen's unadorned breasts. "I used to get you so hot by doing this." She murmured as she gestured for Chad to join them. He lay carefully next to them and reached out to caress his lover's tight ass. She moved her body lower and ran her tongue across her belly in lazy curvy trails. "But I think you need the scent and feel of a man to trip your trigger this time."

She leaned her torso over and kissed him deeply and passionately. She straddled her twin's belly and pulled Chad gently over until he found himself pressing his own lips against the unresponsive woman's. He pushed her lips apart with his tongue and probed into her mouth touching her own tongue and flicking it. They both felt the deep shuddering breath and looked at each other in surprise and delight.

Chad moved back so that she could lean back over her sister and purr in her ear. "Oh yeah. I bet you would just love to have that wet pussy of yours pounded by my pile driver man, wouldn't you?" She asked with her voice full of lust. With her ass pointing up to the ceiling she presented Chad with a vision he couldn't resist. With strong hands he grabbed her hips and buried his face into her crotch, forcing his tongue as far into her tight pussy as he could. Jessica reacted with a loud cry of ecstasy. He rubbed her pierced clitoris with his thumb and forefinger, and he ate her out lapping up every drop of her juices. From his periphery he saw Jennifer's feet twitch and he saw Jess reach beneath herself to touch her sister's closed labia with her fingers. They could both sense more response from the comatose woman.

Abruptly Jess arched her back and pushed herself further against his face as she started to climax. Chad responded by pulling away and rising over her until his throbbing erection was poised to enter her. He pushed slowly until he had fully entered her and then began thrusting energetically as he gripped her hips tightly. Jennifer's slight body rocked back and forth beneath them as they threw themselves into their lovemaking. Jessica shuddered violently and let her body freeze up as she tightened her pelvic muscles around him spastically. Waves of euphoric passion swept over her, and she screamed in her release. He continued his bed shaking thrusts until she began coming down, her head and chest lowering to rest atop her moaning sister.

"Hey sis." She growled huskily as she peered into the mirror image of her bright green eyes. She recognized a confused awareness in Jen's features as she began moving her body sensually beneath her sister.

"Umm..." They heard her moan as her eyes blinked erratically. Jess reached back and Chad instinctive pulled out of her to sit back. He glanced down and saw that Jennifer's labia had become swollen and her lips parted to reveal glistening moisture. He met his lover's eyes and recognized her silent command. He settled back and lowered his furry face until his mouth covered Jen's neatly trimmed vagina. He promptly began licking her deeply, enjoying the familiar yet slightly different taste of her aroused emissions. Her felt her begin to tremble under his mouth as he flicked at her clitoris and probed into her depths with his powerful tongue.

Jessica eased herself off her sister and lay beside her caressing her breasts and belly softly as her mate continued eating her out with gusto. Jennifer began responding by lifting her head, arching her back and moaning loudly. Her knees lifted to either side of his shoulders and her legs began to spread invitingly. He lifted his face enough to insert a finger inside her as he continued sucking and tickling her swollen clitoris. He increased the force and rate of his manipulations, and she began panting and crying out. Her eyes were closed tightly, and she tossed her head from side to side.

"Oh!" She cried out clearly. "Oh yes!" Suddenly her hands reached up and grabbed handfuls of his hair, pulling him against her crotch while she began shoving her pelvis against his face. Her eyes flew open, and she craned her neck to look down at the source of her incredible pleasure. "Oh, darling yes!" She cried out, arching her back again.

"Now babe!" Jess called out.

Chad lifted himself away despite her grip and raised his body over hers, lowering his hips until his rock-hard cock was seated at her hot slippery entrance. With slow tender pressure he pressed himself into her and watched her face as she gasped at his invasion. Her eyes were wide with shock as she became aware of her surroundings. He buried himself to the hilt and froze allowing her to become accustomed to his girth.

Dyspneiic
Dyspneiic
300 Followers