All Comments on 'Buying the Farm'

by Scorpio44

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments (Page 2)
lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Stupid bitch

You flooze you lose

Njones53Njones53over 3 years ago

In many ways it's a sad commentary when "normal" people get so wrapped up in illicit relationships that tear families apart. At least the marriage between Candice and Bill appeared to be broken anyway with his controlling attitude.

Glad to see that both of the vermin got sent to the legal version of a Roach Hotel :)

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Damn good story

I hate what people do to children

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Show don't tell

Half of this story basically reads like a summary instead of the author bothering to write out the scenes.

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

Waste of time,complete crap, zero resolution,

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

I always like it when both guilty parties really get screwed in the end . they both got whqat they deserved would have been nice for a couple more chapters . showing they got together and kids went off too college .

FD45FD45about 2 years ago

Specifically, you should have had the first viewing of the DVD be unmentioned save describing his emotional reaction to build tension.

Then instead of repeating the video, have her crapulence revealed to the reader for the first time.

A slightly better technique

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

good story, like it lots. LP

iammweaseliammweaselabout 2 years ago

His stories are as worthless as the clap trap comments he leaves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The story had a lot of potential, some of the parts were very good. Missed out on a lot…after not seeing here for weeks and the first bad weather free weekend she bails and say she needs to go to a conference…all he does is say I guess I’ll do more honey-do’s around the cabin. Really! He should have been pissed! Sure the main villains got years in prison but there was very little emotion in the telling of this part of the story. Just to matter of fact. Zuzus_Petals

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a story of fiction says the author. places are real says HE OR SHE.

True maybe. The author is wanting us to believe in the timing of events that are like a time-warp.

I enjoy giving high ratings to deserving Stories. I can not understand how this story got the rating above (4).

If this story was re written with just 20% consideration toward real life possibilities It would be rated a nice high rating above a (4). I CANNOT RATE THIS STORY ANY HIGHER THAN A ( 1 )

Anonymous - Yes I am - I am a reader that enjoys this type of story and fiction is okay, but this story is totally out of IT

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

Heck, I was looking forward to the porn being broadcast to the entire local area. Not much happens in those little Payton Places and they would have enjoyed the action!

Udder than that little gripe let him go after Candice and see how much "Candy" he can get for a dime ......

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

Why repeat the whole scene of them in the bedroom? Candice asking to join him in the bedroom was a poor choice, believability went south. It all went south with a guy with multi millions not having a lawyer on call.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unnecessarily long & unrealistic story...

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Story good. Duplications bad.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

Nice story. Regarding the swimming pool - if the back yard is secluded enough, the kids should just go skinny dipping. No need for suits.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

plot os OK rest is poor

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I liked the plot, but it was drawn out a lot, and you really left it in an odd way,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m disappointed. “Buying the farm” is an euphemism over 2000 years old. If a Roman Legionnaire served 20 years, he was given land to retire on. Retirement from the Legion was considered “dying” by the unit. Soldiers use the phrase buying the farm to mean dead, usually killed in action. I was expecting a story where the guilty are “killed in action”. That would have been great!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story - well written and good plot development. Didn’t like the verbatim repeat of the tryst.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I liked most of the story. But the profile of Candice did not fit. I could see the two of them becoming friends, maybe even dating eventually. But not jumping into bed, right after meeting with the lawyer. Her first concern, would have been her children. Next, I can understand someone inheriting a business, and not knowing how to run it, and being taken advantage of. But no way, she inherited all this, and wasn’t aware of it. And being afraid of her husband, like she had no money or options. I think her character didn’t make sense, and therefore, wasn't believable.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

An excellent tale, well-written with good plot and character development! Thanks for a really good read!

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Just a really good story. I guess prison for both cheaters is enough punishment, but I’m always up for more.

vanyevanye5 months ago

What did Charlene do that was illegal? Why would she be going to jail? You don't go to jail for cheating on your spouse.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Charlene was a knowing accessory to the crimes that Bill committed. This was shown in the dvd’s that were played and how there was descriptions of what he was doing and Charlene willingly taking some of this illegal money. Plenty of evidence to get her 5 years for embezzlement and more.

Helen1899Helen18992 months ago

Not for me more holes than a sieve, not marked it by stars didn't want to assassinate the over all score. The author's worked hard, doesn't make it bad because I don't like it.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

@FD45, you truly have the analytical viewpoint and mindset of an author. Is kind of you to share those skills.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous