By choice or by force Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was running now, she was sobbing as she ran, and the stones were cutting into flimsy footwear, and hurting her feet, but still she ran. She ran towards some trees and bushes as though she thought that they would offer her protection.

"She's going to make it!" he cried out proudly.

Suddenly she fell to the ground heavily, and before she could get up again, a man landed on her.

"You little bitch!" he snarled furiously, as he dug his fingers painfully into her flesh. "Making me run after you like that!"

Michael saw and felt as she was cruelly dragged back to her feet, and pulled back towards the house.

Desperately Laurie looked over her shoulder and cried out. "Daddy!"

Michael had stood with his eyes closed so that he could shut out any distractions, but now they snapped open.

"I know where she is!"

**

The roads were clearer now, and although it took a while to get out of London, they managed it a lot quicker than had they been in a car.

Michael had made a quick low-voiced telephone call, and then he had walked across to a desk and come back with a large map.

He opened it out on the table, and then looked at the others -- at Iris.

"The last thing that she did was to call out... she shouted 'daddy'," Iris gasped, but Michael continued talking. "She tried to escape because she recognised her surroundings; she knew that she was close to safety -- to her -- your father."

Trudy swore. "The arrogance of them!" She snapped. "To have her right under my brother's nose..."

"Unless they want him to realise," James cut in. "For him to sense her nearby, and in trouble, and then to act in the heat of the moment!"

"Oh god dad!" Iris gasped. "He's all alone up there... he was so ill before -- he's too weak still, too vulnerable."

She pulled out her phone and stepped away.

"Dad!" She cried out in relief after a moment.

Rowena stepped closer to her. "Don't tell him anything over the phone," she hissed softly.

"What, no dad no it's nothing, I just had a thought and I... I just wanted to make sure you were okay, after last year, and your illness... What... yes daddy I know that I am fussing again... but I can't help it!" She moved over to the window, and Michael could hear that she was trying to be casual with her father, so as not to alarm him.

"Where is her father's place?" He asked James in a low voice.

James looked over the map, and then tapped an area. His finger though traced across a little, and then he tapped his finger again.

"He's there, and that is where Laurie is most likely being held -- that is Bill Frawning's estate."

"So, about an hour's drive -- once we are out of London," Michael murmured.

"Probably a bit longer, even in a fast car, and we still have to get out of London."

Michael grinned at him tightly. "How's your skill on a motorbike?"

Iris stepped forwards now and she had a look of determination on her face. "I know that contacting the authorities is out of the question, that we cannot risk people asking questions about us, but surely there's someone of our own kind, someone who can help us?"

James looked questioningly at Michael.

"I think if I was to bring in the council, it could complicate things, if we can get Laurie back ourselves and without incident then this will not become official, we do not want to risk a pack war. You all know these people, if what you think is right then they seek alliances, and so harming Laurie would not be in the equation."

He sighed and threw back his shoulders again. "I believe that Laurie's best bet is for us to go and get her ourselves, and then I shall take great pleasure in letting these men know that their behaviour is not acceptable!"

*

The two motorbikes waiting for them downstairs were sleek powerful machines, and the man standing waiting, held out to bulky looking bags.

The leather jackets went on easily over their tops, and Iris was thankful that both she and her aunt happened to be wearing trousers at this moment.

She pulled the helmet over her head, as James straddled one of the bikes -- looking every inch the excited schoolboy -- despite the seriousness of the circumstances. She laughed lightly at his enthusiasm and then she nimbly climbed on behind him.

"It's years since I have had the pleasure of a bike ride," his muffled voice told her. "I never seem to find the time these days."

She gave his shoulder a light squeeze. "Perhaps we should make the time... for this and other things, once we get back to normal."

Aunt Trudy pulled on her helmet but could not quite manage the dignity of her niece as she gripped onto Michael and dragged herself onto the back of his bike.

"I would have thought that one of your standing could have hired a helicopter for this outing... much faster and more comfortable!" she muttered behind her helmet.

Michael grinned tightly as he gripped the handlebars, and revved the engine experimentally. "Faster perhaps, but where to land once we get there?"

**

They made the journey in quick time, but it was dark as they came close to the turn off to Bill's property, and after slowing down, they stopped the bikes just under some trees.

Michael pulled off his helmet, and the others did the same.

"There are bushes down there," he said pointing down into a shallow gully. "We can hide the bikes down there for now."

"Yes, they would be too noisy once we turn of this road," James agreed. "And it is only a couple of miles walk from here."

"You know this area well?"

"I was a guest here once for the full moon, yes I know it well enough." James looked at him thoughtfully. "Can you make contact with her?"

Michael was surprised by the question, but James was smart and quick to see things that others might overlook, he realised. Michael wanted to know James better suddenly; he knew that a man like him would be a strong ally -- or a formidable enemy.

"With Laurie? I don't know... wait and I will try."

He stood with his eyes closed and tried not to hear the sounds of the night creatures around them.

"Laurie?"

There was a rushing sound for a while as though he was at the entrance of a tunnel with a wind howling down it. But then it was as though it was filled suddenly, and Michael felt a presence.

"Laurie," he said again

"... Michael! Oh Michael... I can't believe that they would do this to me!"

He could clearly hear and feel her fear, but she was angry too, not just angry but furious, and a smile came to his lips.

"Where are you, are you in the main house?"

"What, yes, I am in a main house... but how did you know?"

"It's not important right now, but we are close to you now... Your aunt and your sister are with me and James as well, we are close by and we are coming to get you, but we need to know exactly where in the house, you are!"

He opened his eyes and grinned at the others. "I know roughly where she is inside the house, she is alone in one of the upper bedrooms... and she is so not happy!"

The other two just looked at him in surprise, but Iris gave a low understanding chuckle. "My sister is slow -- very slow to anger, but once she is... well everyone had better watch out!"

They began to walk down the shadowed road, which would lead to Bill's property, and even though it was dark, and eerily silent, they stayed close to the edge, so that at the first hint of something, they could melt into the trees and undergrowth.

They walked quickly, and the two miles melted away.

"So, where is she?"

They were in the shadow of two large trees, and looking across to the main house.

There were several cars and a van parked on the gravel driveway outside the house, and the front door stood open so that light poured out, to reveal men standing around and talking, even as they seemed to be looking around them almost anxiously.

They moved closer to one of the trees, seeking its protection, and making sure that they would not be seen as they searched the upper levels of the house, looking for signs of -- anything.

Suddenly there was a flicker of movement in one of the upper floor's windows, and Michael pointed.

"There she is!"

"Great," James breathed a little sigh of relief. "But how do we get to her, and get her out without getting into a major fight with those men... men who -- for whatever reasons, seem to be quite desperate about keeping her!"

12