By choice or by force Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There are not too many females around here and even fewer young and eligible ones..."

"Yes?"

"And so, we sought an alliance with our neighbour - he is not a young man anymore, and there are - or were no other males in their pack. So we thought to join our packs by bonding with one or both of his daughters..."

"Go on," Uncle Mathew prompted when Ben trailed off again.

"The alliance did not happen and then the older sister bonded with another - with him!" Ben indicated James and Iris with a little thrust of his chin in their direction.

Mathew glanced at the couple, and his gaze locked with James for a second, before lingering a little on Iris.

"That was unfortunate for you," Uncle Mathew said to Ben. "But as far as I know, a female is still free to choose who she might wish to mate with... providing the pack leaders have no objections," he added with a quick warning look at his nephew.

"Yes, well unfortunate is an understatement and we were still left with the problem of how to ensure our pack." He looked at Laurie and Michael and then he addressed Laurie directly. "We never meant you any harm," he told her earnestly. "We just wanted to give you time with us to get to know us, to help you to get over that fear of yours - of our kind... of the stronger dominant males of our kind."

Laurie felt Michael's arm tighten around her shoulders and she glared across at Ben. "Did it never occur to any of you that it was not fear of you that caused mine and my sister's rejection?" she snapped. "No, I suppose it would never enter your heads would it - and so you just decided to abduct me to try and coerce me into something!"

"And that I suppose is where this problem comes from," Uncle Mathew murmured softly.

"We never meant any harm to her," Ben said again looking anxiously at Uncle Mathew.

"No? But having been refused and rejected by both sisters once already, why could you not search out other females? Why did you fix your gaze on these two?"

"Because they can shift without the moon!" Mark blurted out agitatedly.

"They have shifted without the power of the full moon?" Uncle Mathew demanded sharply. "You have seen them do it? You have proof of this?"

"Well... no not proof," Ben said slowly. "And we have not exactly seen either of the sisters do it..."

"Well then what have you seen?" Mathew demanded impatiently.

"It was her!" Mark cut in again as Ben seemed suddenly most reluctant to talk.

He pointed across to Aunt Trudy, who looked at him first in surprise and then in disgust.

Uncle Mathew sat forward and his eyes narrowed as they fixed onto the angry woman.

"You are able shift without the influence of the full moon?" he demanded quietly. "You are of the old blood?"

Aunt Trudy folded her arms and glared at him. "I am not," she said defiantly.

"That - man, said that he saw you?" Uncle Mathew stated with a knowing look. He had seen her evasion and acknowledged it to her with a pointed little lift of his brow.

"That man - who kidnapped my niece and who is trying to divert his own guilt - that man?" she spat out furiously.

He sat back with a sigh of resignation. "I suspect that diversion of guilt is the name of the game for more than one person in this room," he muttered softly - almost to himself.

Suddenly he stood up, and he opened up his shoulders, and he seemed to grow - or the room shrank.

Laurie whimpered and gripped the fabric of Michael's shirt.

"I will have answers!" he ground out angrily. "Who will speak for this pack - I want someone who is in control - not these two pups!"

"I speak for this pack!" The older mature voice cut in to the silence, and Uncle Mathew turned to the new comer.

"Who are you?"

"I am Bill Frawnings, and this is my home - and my pack... now who are you, and what is going on here?"

"Ah," Mathew murmured with a tight smile. "Now we can sit down and talk... I will in time, tell you why I am here. And then I can be on my way again," he observed with a sudden air of impatience.

"Yes, I think you can," Bill said guardedly as he glanced at his two sons.

He sat down on the only other available seat, a rather over stuffed definitely seen better days, armchair.

He sat back and looked at Uncle Mathew. "But first I think an introduction or two might be in order."

Mathew nodded. "My name is Mathew Richards, I am from the council of elders, I am of the old blood - a first generation, and I am here on council business... and perhaps family business as well." he added as he glanced at Michael.

Bill Frawnings nodded in acknowledgment. "My home in honoured by your presence revered elder," he said standing up and bowing respectfully. He looked at Michael then. "I know the two women - since they are the daughters of my neighbour, and I am also acquainted with him," he indicated James. "But you I have never met before, and so I should very much like to know, who are you and why are you in my home?"

"This is my nephew, Michael," Mathew cut in smoothly - before Michael could start to throw around accusations. "He is with me, which is all that is relevant at this moment in time."

Bill narrowed his eyes on Michael for a moment, and then glanced at his sons, before shrugging his shoulders as he sat back down.

"Very well then, what is so important, that has brought you to my home at this hour of the night?"

Mathew leaned forward and rubbed at his face for a moment, and for the first time Laurie could see the fatigue there.

"We have a problem," he said abruptly. "A very serious problem we believe."

"Oh," Bill prompted in a guarded tone.

Mathew sighed and then he fixed his molten gaze onto Bill.

"There is a disease of the blood - it seems to be unique to our kind, and it seems to be killing those who are infected by it... and it seems to be incredibly contagious!"

12