Caleb 10 - At the Mall

Story Info
Caleb and the twins go shopping
16.3k words
4.87
15.1k
13

Part 11 of the 82 part series

Updated 12/25/2023
Created 12/28/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author Comment.

Massive shout out to my editor Neuroparenthetical, who has not only corrected my many mistakes in grammar but also points out glaring plot holes and suggests how they might be filled. Obviously, I can't resist tinkering after he sends it back, so any errors you find are a deliberate ploy to give you something to complain about.

Anyway - on with the show

Caleb 10 - At the Mall

I woke to a feeling of misery and pain radiating through the bond.

The room was dark, but I saw that Jules wasn't in bed with me. I went to go find her, but Mary put her hand on my arm.

"Amanda is with her," she said quietly.

"What's going on?" I whispered, trying not to disturb Josh and Louise, but concern rising. I briefly wondered where my phone was, in case we needed to call 911. That earned me a little nudge from Mary.

"Caleb," she said, "don't panic. She's not in danger. It's just her time of the month."

"It hurts her that much?" I asked incredulously. "You guys didn't seem to have this much pain when you were..."

"It affects some girls differently," Mary said. "Amanda and I are lucky. We get some cramps, but they are not bad. Some girls have it really bad. Jules, unfortunately, falls into that category."

"Does she need to see a doctor?" I asked. "Can't they do something?"

"No, she just has to ride it out," she replied sadly.

"How long for?"

"Normally a couple or three days."

I slid out of bed. "Where is she?"

"Caleb..."

"Where?"

"Her room," she sighed. "She's curled up with a heating pad. Amanda is keeping her company."

I went to Jules' room, knocking on the door softly. Mary followed.

I heard a grunt from inside and took that as permission to enter.

Jules was curled into a tight ball. Amanda was behind her, stroking her back. Pain didn't make it through the bond, but I could feel Jules' misery.

"Hey Kitten," I said, sitting on the side of the bed, stroking her hair. "How's it going?"

I heard several responses running through her head, some of them quite vitriolic.

"Jules," I said gently, "I need to know: is this pain exactly like your normal period pain?"

She looked up at me, pain filling those beautiful eyes, and nodded.

I put my hand on her side. I didn't actually need to be in contact with her, but it felt like the right thing to do. Stretching out my awareness, I sought out the pain messages screaming through her body and blocked them.

I felt her relax. A feeling of relief came over the bond, followed quickly by one of confusion.

I examined the block and considered how long I should leave it in place. I didn't want her to be in pain, but I also didn't want to block pain that might signify something abnormal was going on.

I decided on forty-eight hours. I figured I could always alter it after speaking to Jules if her pain normally lasted longer.

"How's that?" I asked.

"What did you do?" she asked.

"I blocked the pain signals," I said. "That's why I needed to know if this was your normal period pain. I didn't want you to ignore pain that might signify you needed help. How long does the pain normally last?"

"Two days, sometimes three," she said.

"I have blocked them for forty-eight hours," I said. "I can always extend if necessary."

She sat up, gingerly at first, still expecting the pain to return, but when it didn't, she slid her arms around me.

"Thank you," she said.

"Of course," I replied. "Please, never hesitate to come to me with stuff like this. I would've gotten out in front of it, had I known."

"I'm sure Jules would've too," Amanda said gently, "if we had known. Bit of a new development, sweetie."

I realized she was right. I had only learned to block pain signals the day before, and then things had gotten very complicated very quickly on the home front. All had ended well, but I'd been so exhausted and sex-drunk that I hadn't been thinking about telling anybody about my day.

"Jules, I am so sorry," I said, hugging her tighter.

"You are more than forgiven," she sighed. "I had the pain for less than an hour. Normally it's at least two days, and I'm sorry I called you names."

I smiled. "It's fine," I said. "It popped into your head; you didn't actually say it."

I sent the memory of when I had asked Jules how it was going and her mental response.

"How do you think it's going, fuckwit?"

Mary and Amanda both giggled, and Jules blushed.

"Come on back to bed," Mary said. "It's still early."

Josh was still fast asleep when we returned to our room, but Louise was awake.

We all climbed back into bed, settling down once more.

"Is everything okay?" Louise asked quietly.

I nodded. "Jules was just feeling a little unwell," I said. "She's fine now."

"Josh wasn't getting 'handsy' in his sleep, was he?" Louise asked, "He does that sometimes."

"No," said Jules, "he was fine. Just cramps is all."

"Ah," Louise said, "I have some anti-inflammatories in our room if you need them."

"I'm good, thanks," Jules said. "They're gone now."

"You're lucky," Louise griped good-naturedly. "Mine last all day."

"I am very lucky," Jules said, snuggling into me again and smiling. She looked up at me with the obvious, silent question. I smiled back.

"When they start up, come see me," I whispered. "I'll see what I can do."

"Wait... do you mean...?" Louise half-asked.

"I do," I replied. "Now let's get some sleep."

I couldn't help but notice the brief flash of purple in her aura.

+++++

When I next woke, I was alone in bed with Jules. She was already awake, her head on resting on my shoulder, her hand gently stroking my chest.

"Hey you," I said quietly, "how's it going?"

She chuckled. "How do you think it's going?"

"Seems to be going okay for now," I ventured. "How's your tummy?"

"It's fine," she said, looking up at me. "Caleb, I am sorry I called you names."

"Hey, don't be," I soothed her. "You can't be held responsible for every stray thought that pops into your head, especially when you are in that much pain. It was quite a stupid question after all, but what do you say to someone you love when you can see they are suffering?"

"How did I get so lucky?" she asked.

"I was asking myself the same question," I replied. "Where'd everyone go?"

"Josh and Louise went out somewhere," she said. "I didn't ask where. The girls are in the kitchen making..."

"Breakfast!" said Amanda, pushing open the bedroom door and entering carrying a tray.

Mary followed with a pitcher of juice and some glasses. We picnicked on the bed and then I went and attended to my morning ritual. When I came out of the bathroom, I dressed and joined the girls in the kitchen.

"Do we have plans for today?" I asked.

"I still need to go shopping," Jules said. "I kind of got side-tracked last week."

"Why don't we all go?" I suggested. "We can have a browse around the mall, maybe have lunch there? Amanda and Mary can help carry our bags." I grinned at them. Amanda stuck her tongue out at me.

After we cleared away the breakfast things, we took Amanda's car and drove to the big out-of-town mall, around forty minutes away. Mary rode shotgun with Amanda driving. Jules and I were in the back.

I had decided that I needed to get a couple of items for myself, and I had a bit of spare cash in my bank account, since I didn't really spend much. I figured I had maybe three or four hundred dollars; I would have to check my balance to be sure.

"How are you guys for cash?" I asked. "I have a bit to spare if you need anything."

Mary gave Amanda a look, and I sensed a twinge of embarrassment over the bond.

"Hey," I said, "it's okay, I don't mind fronting you some if you are short."

"We're good," said Mary. "How about you, Jules?"

Jules grinned at us. "My daddy loves me," she said. "He still sends me an allowance. I'm good."

I realized that I knew absolutely nothing about Jules' family.

"Where do your parents live?" I asked her.

"They live out of state," she said. "Daddy has a bit of land with a few cows." She looked at me a little worriedly. "I was hoping you might like to come and meet them in the holidays?"

"Have you told them about us?" I asked.

"Not exactly," she said a little evasively. A feeling of discomfort was leaking over the bond.

"Not exactly?" I asked. "Or not at all?"

"I was waiting for the right time," she rushed.

I smiled at her. "Jules, it's fine," I said. "Breaking the news to your parents that you have met someone is a big deal. That's a big phone call. Breaking the news that you have entered a polyamorous relationship with three other someones is more than a phone call. That's a face-to-face thing."

"So, you'll all come?" she asked hopefully.

"I think Dianna has some plans for me for the summer," I said, "but I'll make sure I make some time for it. What about you guys?" I directed that question to the twins.

Mary smiled. "We don't have plans, so we'd love to," she said.

"YAY!!!" yelled Amanda. "ROAD TRIP!!!"

"How will your parents take it if the three of us come home with you?" I asked. "Will we need a hotel room or something?"

"No, there will be room at the house," Jules said. "I'm sure we can squeeze in." I felt amusement over the bond, and I pictured us all squeezing into my bedroom at home. I laughed.

"Okay," I said. "I'll confirm dates with Dianna, and then you can check with your parents if we can go up."

She nodded happily.

We spent a fun few hours browsing around the mall. I discovered, much to my surprise, that I was no longer in charge of choosing my own underwear. The girls had long debates about it, out loud, right in front me, much to the amusement of some passers-by. Jules bought herself some new clothes, including some more jeans and t-shirts, and even a dress. I had noticed that she'd been starting to grow out her hair, and figured she was done hiding behind the boring boy look. I hadn't said anything; it had felt unnecessary, and a bit too confrontational.

We were just finishing our lunch when several things happened almost simultaneously.

One was that I 'smelled' a coppery scent, which I normally associated with someone with powers. It was weak, and it had some sickly-sweet overtones.

At the same time, I caught a panicked thought, even through my shield.

"No! Not again!!" was almost instantaneously followed by an actual shout. "GOTCHA!!"

Everyone in the area looked across to the front of a shop, where a fat, sleazy-looking security guard had grabbed the arm of a young girl, probably in her late teens. She was pushing a stroller in which a toddler, aged around two, sat. In her hand, she had a toy, wrapped in bright plastic, which she'd apparently been trying to steal.

The security guard was gloating. "This is the second time," he said. "You'll definitely go to county this time!" He was gripping her arm tightly and I saw her wince, tears running down her cheeks.

Much to my horror, I saw a dark thread of compulsion connecting the girl's head to that of the child.

"Oh FUCK!" I said. I had no idea what to do. I only knew that I needed to speak to Dianna urgently.

I picked up my phone, but the security guard was starting to drag the young girl back into the store, and I was concerned for her safety when I heard his thoughts.

"If I threaten her with county, maybe I can get her to blow me like that slut last week. I can make another video."

"DOUBLE FUCK!!" I said. I had to move quickly.

"Call the police," I sent to the girls. Mary pulled out her phone.

"And?"

I was already walking over to the commotion as I responded. "Kid has powers. Guard is a perv. Just call in the shoplifting to get them here quickly."

The girl was resisting the guard's pull, and he was starting to get annoyed.

"Stop!" I said. "You can't drag her off like that."

"Mind your business, boy," the guard said. "I am legally detaining her for theft."

"Legal detention does not include imprisonment," I replied. "The police are on their way. She will stay here with us until they get here. You are not taking her anywhere with you."

At the mention of the police the girl whimpered, and the security guard glowered, squeezing tighter on her arm.

"Take your hands off her," I said. "You're hurting her, and it's not like she's going to run away with a stroller now, is it?"

"She is coming with me, so I can search her, ready for when the police arrive," he said, starting to move again. I stood in his way.

"Let her go," I said quietly.

I saw his free hand drift toward his belt, where he had a pepper spray and a short baton. I tensed ready to react when a voice broke in.

"What's going on?"

I turned and came face to face with two police officers, one male and one female. Fortunately, there was a small police post in the mall, and they had been patrolling nearby when Mary's call had come in.

"I caught this girl stealing this toy," the guard said. "This is the second time I've caught her; she got off with a warning last time. I was trying to take her back into the store when her friend tried to obstruct me from doing my duties. He's obviously working with her, trying to run interference."

"I'm not with her," I said, "but he was assaulting her, and was trying to drag her heaven-knows-where to do heaven-knows-what. He knows you are here. There was no reason for him to go anywhere. She was detained. He should have just called you and waited until you arrived. She is a female minor. He had no right to drag her anywhere."

"Don't you tell me how to do my job," the guard spat at me.

The police officers decided to split us up.

"Sir," the female officer said, "would you step over here and speak to me please?"

I nodded and followed her a few paces away. The girls, who had been standing behind me, followed.

"Are you all together?" the officer asked.

"Yes," all four of us answered in perfect unity. The officer raised an eyebrow.

"Officer..." I read her nameplate as I reached in my wallet. "Davis. My name is Caleb Stott. I'm a consultant with the FBI." I showed her my ID card.

"Forging government IDs, even for a prank, is a felony offence," she said.

"Someone, call Dianna." I sent to the girls.

"I tried," I heard Mary think, "She is out of contact. You'll have to get in touch with Uncle Frank."

"The local office number is on the back of my ID," I said. "The section chief's name is Frank Howe. Please call him to confirm."

Her eyes narrowed and I could hear her thinking. He's either telling the truth or I'll never play poker with him. Shit!!

She pulled out her phone and called the number. Her eyes widened as she spoke to the local office. Thanks to my Telepathy, I was able to hear the other side of the conversation clearly. The most reassuring part was that a couple of agents were en route, though it would take them about a half hour to arrive.

"Okay Agent... I mean Mr..." the officer was foundering, trying to decide how to address the uni kid in front of her who had suddenly turned out, while not to be her superior, to be someone she needed to respect.

"Caleb is fine," I said.

"Okay Caleb," she said. "What would you like to do?"

"Do you have an office?" I asked. "Here, in the mall?"

She nodded.

"Can we take the girl and the child there until the agents arrive?"

"Under arrest?" she asked.

"Does it have to be?" I queried.

She shook her head. "She looks like a minor, and while there's nothing illegal about a girl her age minding a kid, if we think there's a problem, we have the right to step in and get the parents to come down."

"That sounds good, thank you."

I looked at the girls and pulled some money out of my wallet.

"Will you guys go buy one of whatever that toy is and bring it down please?"

"You need the toy?" asked officer Davis.

"The kid wanted the toy," I said. "If we want to keep the kid happy, we need the toy."

"We'll take it with us," she replied, "as evidence."

We re-joined the other officer. He was standing talking to the security guard, who still had a death grip on the girl's arm.

"You can let go of her arm now," said Officer Davis.

He let go like he had been scalded. Her arm was bruised. Finger marks were visible.

"Steve," Officer Davis said, "I'll take these guys to the office. Get his statement and I'll meet you back there. Oh, and we'll need to take the toy as evidence."

Steve nodded, and Officer Davis put her hand gently on the young girl's shoulder and guided her away.

She started to resist, but I took the toy and placed it in the lap of the child. Her resistance ceased. The child laughed and began playing with the packet.

"Can I push him for you?" asked Amanda, and the girl relinquished the stroller to her.

"What's your name, hon?" asked Officer Davis.

"Mary-Beth Vardy."

"How old are you, Mary-Beth?"

"I'm seventeen."

"And who's this?" the officer indicated the stroller.

"That's my brother, Davey." Mary-Beth's lip curled as she said it. There was obviously some animosity there.

"Has he done this to you before?" I asked.

The officer looked at me with a puzzled expression, but Mary-Beth gaped at me. "You know?" she gasped.

I nodded. "Don't worry," I said, "you're not in trouble. We'll get it all sorted out when my friends get here."

I saw tears trickling down her face. She had obviously been suffering at the brat's whims for some time. I guessed that as the oldest child, she had been left to look after him, probably while the parents worked.

We reached the office, which was more like a break room. There was a desk with a computer, though, and an office chair. Over to one side, there was a kitchen-like work surface with a sink and a coffee machine. I saw a couple of cups draining by the sink. There was also a couch against the opposite wall, in front of which was a low table. Mary-Beth was directed to the couch, where she sat, the stroller with Davey just beside her.

I wanted to talk to Mary-Beth but didn't want to give too much away in front of the officer. It wasn't that I didn't trust her, but I wasn't sure of how 'secret' we were supposed to be.

Davey was still gleefully banging away at the packaging of the toy, although I sensed that he was getting bored with it already.

"Maybe Davey would like a nap?" I sent to the twins, hoping that they would be able to send him off to sleep with their powers as easily as they could me.

Mary looked at him, and within seconds he was fast asleep.

The office door opened, and Steve walked in.

"Ok, Debs," he said, "what's going on, and who are these guys?"

I looked at Mary, and, with a twinkle in her eye, she gestured for me to introduce myself.

I held my hand out. "Hi," I said, "I'm Caleb Stott. I'm a consultant with the FBI. This is Mary, Amanda and Jules."

He looked at 'Debs' with scepticism, but she nodded. "I rang the field office. He checks out. There are two agents en-route."

"Are you all, erm... consultants?" he asked.

"No," said the girls in unison, "we're his girlfriends."

His jaw dropped and he looked at me. I just shrugged and smiled. Debs chuckled.

"So, what's the deal with our little thief?" he asked. "Why is the FBI interested in petty larceny?"

"It's a bit more complicated than that," I said. "And, with the greatest respect, I'm only a consultant with the FBI. I don't know how much information I'm allowed to give you. The last thing I want is to get you guys in trouble for being read into a situation that you shouldn't have been. Would it be okay if we wait for the agents to get here? They will know how much information can be shared."

Officer Steve opened his mouth, then closed it, and looked at his partner. She returned his look and shrugged.