Cass's Capture Ch. 05

Story Info
Cass and Colin get closer.
5.4k words
4.62
14.9k
6

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/19/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Greetings readers,

I know that this took a little bit longer than intended, but you will see that it is well worth the wait! As always I appreciate all the feedback that you send, it encourages me to continue. Dont forget to vote!!

A special thanks to a fellow writer that helped me with my vision in this chapter!

Enjoy!


When Cass finally woke up, it was morning and the sunlight poured in through the window. She winced at the bright light and rubbed her eyes. She woke up with a very different feeling than the last time. She had been so scared of what would happen to her, but now that she had heard what Colin had to stay, for some reason the feeling of panic had been replaced by something more like relief. There was always the chance that Colin was lying, but she knew in her heart that he wasn't. His actions weren't those of a maniac, but those of a desperate man. He was a man who was consumed by guilt for allowing his younger sister to be caused so much pain by the man she had married.

The smell of coffee brewing made her more alert, and her stomach growled. That gign of hunger made Cass wonder how long she had been out. She sat up and put her legs over the edge of the bed. She wondered if her ankle had healed any, and braced herself for the pain that was sure to come. As she stepped off the side of the bed, she was suddenly seized with an immense pain that shot up her ankle and calf. She cried out at sat back down on the bed, feeling utterly helpless.

She heard heavy footsteps walking down that hall, and looked up expectantly as Colin appeared in the doorway with a tentative smile on his face. With his lips in the upturned motion of a smile, she could see the lush fullness of his sensual lips. Cass felt her body become slightly aroused as she remembered what his lips had felt like pressed against her own.

Colin looked at her strangely as she shuddered. Her face turned red as she was embarrassed of being caught staring.

"Do you need help, Cass," he asked anxiously. "I wasn't sure how you would feel when you got up, but I doubt that the ankle has been healed overnight."

"It isn't as bad as last night, but still causes me a lot of pain when I put any weight on it," she replied.

He then strode over and lifted her off the bed as if she was weightless. They then repeated the routine of him helping her to the restroom that they had done last night. He waited at the door, his stomach in knots because he was unsure of what would happen next. Despite the tough uncaring front that he had put up towards her to complete his task, that was not the kind of person that he was. Desperation had caused him to do what he did, but he could feel desire, and maybe something more, for Cass.

Cass again leaned against the counter and looked into the mirror, again trying to fix her appearance. Knowing what had driven Colin kidnap her, and his admission that he had wanted to keep her safe, caused strange feelings to start to assail her. She had never been around a man like him in her life- save her father. He was strong and loyal, and was willing to do anything to protect those whom he loved. From the simple cabin that they were at, she could sense that material things were not of a high importance to him. Cass had been used to men who acted more like petulant children, and spent their trust funds like there was no tomorrow. These are the reasons that she was still a virgin, even at 22. 'If only Dave was more like Colin', she thought to herself, and then chuckled as she realized that she was wishing her boyfriend were more like her kidnapper.

Colin heard her laugh in the restroom. He hoped that was a sign that she would at least be friendly, and hopefully not try to escape again. Of course he knew that she had every right to remain furious and demand that he take her home. He would probably comply. He would have to again stress how important it was to follow through with the plan. He figured that with her knowing what was going on things might go a little smoother. Then again, she probably wouldn't want to go along with extorting her father.

****

Jack awoke to the sound of his cell phone ringing nearby. At first he was tempted to silence it, but then jumped up remembering the events of the past few days, and hoping that it was news about Cass. He looked at the caller ID, and saw that it was a blocked number. A feeling of anxiety came over him, for he had the feeling that it was the kidnapper on the other line.

"Greetings, Mr. Connelly. I have to admit that I am disappointed," the voice in the receiver said. "I have noticed the Police Chief at your home a few times; I thought that you would have been smarter than that?"

"He-- " Jack stammered.

"No time for excuses, Mr. Connelly," said the deep male voice. "You have more important things to do, like getting my money. Just so you know because of your error, I will be unable to let poor little Cassandra speak to you. I was so hoping to let her hear your assuring voice ... she is so very afraid."

"If you hurt one hair on her head ..." Jack yelled.

"No need to get worked up, Mr. Connelly. She is unharmed for now. I will be in touch. You have three days to get the money."

After the phone clicked off, Jack threw it against the wall. Lori heard the noise and ran into the room. She glanced down at the phone, relieved that he had not broken it. She jumped back, unsure of what was going on.

"Jack," she called out tentatively.

"It was him, Lori," he yelled. "That monster... if he hurts her..."

Lori strode over to where Jack was standing, and put her had on his arm lightly. She was a little tentative to do so as she remembered what had happened the last time she did that to him. He then quickly whirled around and started to walk out of his room.

"Get the Chief on the phone, tell him what is going on." he called back to her over his shoulder. "I'll go and try to get the money together."

****

Cass sat in the living room after a filling breakfast, as Colin went outside to collect more firewood. The cabin itself was silent, but she could hear the sounds of the wilderness through the open window. The mountain air gave a slight chill through the blanket that she was wearing over her shoulders.

From where Cass was sitting, she had a perfect view of Colin chopping firewood. His muscles rippled as he swung the ax into the log, and she could appreciate the view of his rear in his tight jeans. She let out a giggle at the fact that she was practically drooling over him like a young school girl.

Cass wondered for a second if Colin had a wife or girlfriend. She had never seen one around when he was working for her family. He also didn't mention one to her when he was explaining things to her. Then again it wasn't really something that had anything to what he told her. What did it matter if he was taken? She felt foolish as she had almost gotten jealous over someone who might not even exist.

At that time Colin walked in with a pile of firewood in his arms. He made a few more trips. When he was finished he shut the door behind him, and wiped the sweat from his brow. He stood in the living room for a few minutes, almost uncertain.

"I think I need a shower, but I am worried that, uh maybe... you won't be okay." He stumbled over the words, wanting to trust her, but unsure of the current situation between them.

She smiled slightly. "I am crippled, consider yourself lucky this time, Colin."

He gave her a full sigh of relief.

"You won't have to chain me to the shower curtain rod this time," she said with a laugh. The sound was musical to his ears. He stared at her intently, whatever it was between them making them both uncomfortable given the circumstances.

With a nervous laugh he walked down the hall, with a promise to talk when he got out of the shower.

****

Though it was only 15 minutes, try as she might Cass couldn't keep her eyes open. As she fell asleep she was again thinking back to when Colin had kissed her. She fell asleep, only to dream in further detail her desire for him. She was fast asleep as he returned to the living room. His dark hair was still wet from the shower, and he was wearing a fresh pair of jeans and sweatshirt.

Colin smiled down at her sleeping form, thinking that she looked like an angel. Her golden blonde tresses were spread out on the couch pillow behind her like a halo. Her dark lashes lay gently against her the golden skin of her cheeks, and her lush full lips were slightly parted. He stared at her, and as if he were in a trance he leaned over and brushed his lips softly over hers. At that point he was kneeling on the floor next to the couch. He raised his head slightly from her face. Her eyelids started to flutter, and then open drowsily. Her eyes opened wider. Her blue eyes looked like liquid pools of desire after her passionate dreams. Her lips parted further, and the tip of her tongue darted out as if she were trying to taste him on her lips. She then brought her arms out from under the blanket, and put them behind him, pulling his head beck down to hers.

Colin needed no further encouragement than that. He kissed her lips hard almost bruising them. Her hand was still behind his head, and she running her fingers through the end of his hair. She moaned in frustration as he pulled his lips from hers, only to have his lips start to nuzzle and kiss the side of her neck. His hot kisses trailed up the side of her neck towards her ear. He moved her hair out of the way for easier access. Cass gasped as she he reached her ear, blowing slightly. He then returned to her lips, and nudged them open with his probing tongue. She took his tongue in her mouth and felt it mating against hers. Over and over his tongue plunged deep in her mouth in a rhythm that drove her wild. His assault caused a wetness to start forming between her thighs.

When he felt like he could take no more, Colin abruptly stood up. She looked up at him with confusion in her eyes, as she could hear his ragged breath. He was trying to calm himself.

"What's wrong, Colin?" she asked when she was finally brave enough to venture a question. Guilt was starting to set in as she thought about what she had encouraged. Oh God, she thought to herself, what if he is married... what about Dave? What the hell was she thinking?

Colin looked down and saw the confusion fade from her eyes, and guilt take over. She lowered her head.

"I'm sorry, Cass," he said, raking his had through his dark hair. He then went and sat down on the recliner. "What a monster you must think I am? First I kidnap you, and then cause you to get hurt. Then I expect all to be forgiven when I tell you the truth." He then put his elbows on his thighs and put his face down into his hands.

That is what I should be thinking, Cass thought to herself, but I can only think of how badly I want to feel him kiss me again. She shook her head, as if trying to get the thoughts to leave her head, and then sat up on the couch, facing him.

"I think we need to have this talk that we have been avoiding since last night," she said softly. "What you did was wrong, but in a sense I understand your reasoning, and I find it honorable that you would risk everything for someone. I can't say that I forgive you for bringing me here, as there may have been other ways to solve the problem."

Colin sat up, and thought about what she had said. "I am glad to hear that you have some understanding towards my reasoning for going through with this. As for your forgiveness, I hope to receive it some day."

She started to say something, but he held up his hand, wanting to say something to ease her mind.

"Desperation is a scary feeling, and the moment I heard about Lily's car accident on the news, that is all I have felt. I know that there were other options, but there is something that you don't understand. In your life, you have someone to take care of you, to shelter you from the wicked ways of the world. You rarely see what people are capable of doing." His eyes filled with sadness, as he recalled the brutal slaying of his parents.

"I left out a small part of the story. You see, my parents didn't just die, they were murdered. They were murdered by a man far more desperate than I could've imagined. This man who was so desperate to see his children, that he shot my parents and stole their car. Just to drive to the foster home that his children were at, and killing himself after seeing them one last time."

Colin looked at Cass, and saw that her eyes were wide with horror. She had remembered hearing about that, even though she was only a kid at that time. She remembered it because her father had made her ride to and from school with a driver and a guard instead of riding the bus with the other children after that had happened. She could see the raw anguish on his face as he continued.

"I had no idea what Rich was capable of until he put her in the hospital. He will kill her, and you, if he doesn't get what he wants. Lily has filed for divorce, and is in the process of pressing charges against him. The police are very slow to investigate, but it is only a matter of time before they figure it out. There is that, and the fact that I had heard through Lily that his business was not doing well due to some illegal activity of his part. At this point what does he have to lose?"

"So really, if you hadn't gone along with his plan, it would be him up here with me right now instead of you?" she asked.

"Yes," he answered gravely, "Either way he would've done it, but I believe that he would've done far more harm to you and Lily, even if he got the money."

Cass shivered thinking of what could've happened if he had refused.

"I would like to apologize more for how I treated you before until we got to the cabin," he said quietly. "Rich is a slimy person, but he is methodical in his planning. I had to make sure that everything looked like a normal kidnapping. I am not sure if he followed us up here, but he likes to keep an eye on things. Lily had seen him following her on more than one occasion. Luckily we would hear anything that drove this way."

Cass put her head back against the couch, and sat thinking for a while. She was still worried about the situation, but now worried even more about her father and her aunt. What if Rich did something to them if Jack couldn't come up with the money? She didn't really want to sympathize with the situation considering what she had been through. She also realized that it might be safer to stay where she was for the time being.

"When is Rich going to ask my dad for a ransom?" Cass asked quietly.

"He was supposed to call the night I took you, and then give your father a week to come up with it. We have been up here for about 2 days, so we have about 2 to 3 more days to go. I am supposed to drive down and meet him at the highway at 8am of the 5th day." Colin stared at her hard and then said, "If you want me to walk you down the mountain I will. Hell, I'll even carry you. If so, I cannot guarantee what will happen after that."

"How do you know what will happen now, if we remain up here?" she demanded of him. "Who knows, maybe he has already killed them all, and now he is coming after us." She started to get hysterical, and then broke down into sobs. Cass cried for her family, and she cried for Colin and Lily knowing that pain filled the majority of her life. She cried for herself, in fear of doing the wrong thing. Colin sat next to her on the couch, and wrapped his arms around her, rocking her like a child.

"I can't say what he will do Cass," he murmured. "But I can say this: his is after the money and the escape, and probably having me take the fall. If he kills anyone, then that points the finger back at him. I am holding onto that thought."

He continued to rock her and gently rub her back as her sobs subsided. Cass stayed in his embrace, seeking the comfort that he offered. She knew that she had no choice, and she grasped onto the same glimmer of hope that he did.

He stopped rubbing her back as she mumbled something into his shoulder. She pulled her head up and looked into his eyes as if searching his soul for the answers.

"I forgive you," she whispered, "and I will stay." At that, he pulled her into a fierce hug. He got up to run a bath for her, not knowing what else to do at the moment to ease her mind.

****

At that same time, the front door bell of Colin's house rang. Lily got up quickly and ran to the door, hoping that it was her brother. She had not heard from him in over 2 days, and was really starting to worry. She reached the door and groaned in dismay as she saw through the peephole that it was Rich standing at the other side.

"Lily, I know you are in there," he said as he put his face right up to the peephole, causing her to gasp and jump away from the door in fear. He laughed at her.

"C'mon, Lily, I just want to talk."

"Go away!" she yelled. "Colin will be home any minute and he will be mad if you're here."

That comment caused Rich to laugh even harder. "Oh, I am not worried about your dear brother catching me on his front porch. I am sure he is far too busy to look after his deranged sister."

Lily said nothing, but stood staring at the door in fear as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I just wanted to tell you that I might give you what you want most, honey. You know, a d-i-v-o-r-c-e," he said with another laugh.

She finally shook herself out of her daze and ran to grab the phone.

"If you don't leave I will call the police," she yelled at him, her voice shaking.

He frowned. He did not need the police over here at that particular time, not when he was so close to getting what he wanted. A new life! No wife, no failing business with angry investors. Rich could hardly wait. He just couldn't resist terrorizing her one last time. That's what she had turned into, a neurotic, deranged wife, who pushed his buttons too often, that he couldn't control himself. It was all her fault that he was even in this predicament. His smile returned at the thought that he was so close to escaping all this.

"I'm leaving." he said, "maybe for good as long as everything goes to plan."

He then turned and walked away to his car. Lily waited until she saw him drive away before slumping against the door, still frightened, but also perplexed at his last comment.

****

After Cass took her bath, she and Colin sat in the living room talking, trying to fill up the time until they could leave. They talked about their lives, and their childhood. Then the talk turned to what they would do in a few days. Colin was reluctant to talk about it with her, as he didn't want her to get hurt.

"You listen to me, Colin," she said angrily, "You got me into this, but I am not going to let any harm come to me or my father. I'll do whatever it takes to keep us safe. We have already seen what your plan was to keep people safe."

He winced slightly from the harshness of her words, but stayed firm in not wanting her to risk her life.

"You can't just run out there and fight him, Cass. You have no idea what you are up against. He doesn't care about you. You are just a means to his end, and if you cause him an obstacle he will do whatever it takes to remove you," he yelled.

Her blue eyes flashed angrily, and she stood up, immediately collapsing when she put all of her weight on her injured ankle.

He got up and scooped her up in his arms. He could feel her shaking, and he didn't know if it was from the cold or her anger. He assumed that it was the latter. She started to struggle and yelling at him to put her down. He held her close to his as he sat down on the couch with her still in his arms. After a few seconds she settled down, and looked up at him with tears shining in the corners of her eyes. They looked at each other for a few moments before he finally spoke.

12