Casus Belli Ch. 04: Eye of the Storm

Story Info
And a deceptive tranquility descends.
19.7k words
4.82
2.2k
0

Part 4 of the 16 part series

Updated 04/24/2024
Created 10/19/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Banbeck
Banbeck
276 Followers

This is the story of Nigawa's continued struggle for survival against an orc invasion.

Cautionary (for series): harshness, non-consent, reluctant, violence, straight sex, inter species sex, anal sex.

Setting: Nigawa, planet Mundea (Galeon III), year 3647 (local).

Characters:

Pryoness Cassandra, human female, 21 years old, ruler of Nigawa, female lead

Sir Brando Boruga, human male, 27 years old, Cassandra's betrothed

Sir Marvon Marecomb, human male, 46 years old, Nigawan general/diplomat

Burgon Magwick, human male, 62 years old, Nigawan foreign affairs

Burgon Goban, human male, 49 years old, Nigawan internal security

Sir Blooker, human male, 61years old, head finance department

Sir Gatness, human male, 55 years old, head economy department

Colonel Valco, human male, 46 years old, Marecomb's head of staff

Colonel Morvan, human male, 43 years old, Marecomb's staff

Major Curdoga, human male, 34 years old, Marecomb's staff

Colonel Baldrin, human male, 45 years old, temporary commander of the western army.

Colonel Kiran, human male, 42 years old, temporary commander of the eastern army

Denora, human female, 24 years old, Cassandra's servant

Vala, human female, 22 years old, Cassandra's servant

Syldan, human female, 19 years old, Cassandra's servant

Leavy, human female, 21 years old, Cassandra's servant

Moiga, human female, 23 years old, Cassandra's servant

Polly, human female, 18 years old, Cassandra's servant

Cerny, human female, 10 years old, Inn keeper's daughter

Bashuk, male orc, 32 years old, Green Vale Orcs Warlord

Casus Belli 4: The Storm's Eye

Hope flies on feeble wings

Cassandra woke to the sound of soft snoring. The sun was up, but the drapes stopped most of the light, resulting in a dimly lit bedchamber. It took her a moment to get her bearings. She slowly turned on her other side, and looked at Brando, who was laying on his back next to her, sleeping peacefully. Her eyes traveled down the form of his body beneath the covers, and came to a stop on the small tent just below his waist. She smiled; so that was the famous morning wood... She lowered herself beneath the covers, turned halfway around in the big bed, and then slid stealthily towards him. Her hands found him in the darkness, and the right one slid across his flat belly towards the object of her desire.

Her fingers met the root of his erect cock, wrapped around it, and then slowly slid upwards, until she was holding him just behind the head. She moved up a bit, and then pulled him towards her waiting lips. He smelled of sex, and she felt the head was still half covered, so she pulled back on his cock a bit, baring him fully before slowly sucking him inside the warm cavity of her eager mouth. He groaned softly, but didn't wake. Her tongue slid around him; he felt hot, and tasted salty. She slowly took him deeper inside, then started to bob up and down on him, taking about half of him inside her mouth, moaning softly.

He groaned again, and then woke, "Huh? What are you doing?"

She came up, let him slip out of her mouth, "What does it feel like?" She giggled, "I'm trying out this new cure for snoring..."

He moved, sat himself up, and she felt the cover slide from her feet. "I snore?"

"Yes," she answered, "but in a cute way..." And then she sucked him inside again, and a loud lusty groan was her reward. She started bobbing up and down, moving her hand from his root to his balls, so she could take him deeper inside her mouth. The covers slid further down, until she could feel the cool air on her naked butt. Fingers slid up the soft insides of her thighs, and she pulled a leg up in response, granting him access. The fingertips started to softly caress her moist labia, as she moved down once more, and let him slide inside her throat. He groaned loudly again, and his fingers spread her labia, then slid inside her pussy.

Three fingers, about the girth of his cock, stretched her entrance. She moaned loudly around him as they connected softly with her hymen, opening herself up even wider for him, to renew her promise that she was going to be his. The fingers lifted from her hymen, but stayed inside, and then his thumb came down on her hooded little nub. She moaned in anticipation as she felt him massage the small hood out of the way, increasing her own speed to urge him on. The fire in her belly built rapidly towards a crescendo, and going by the swelling of his cock he wasn't far behind her.

She felt his other hand come down on the back of her head, the fingers intertwining with her hair, before he pushed her down on him while he started to buck. She had wanted to taste him again, but now he shot his load straight down her throat. You wanted him to take charge in the bedchamber, she thought, so let him. And then her own orgasm arrived, and she wailed with pleasure around the jerking cock in her throat. He spurted about half a dozen times, and she felt his hot seed slither down her gullet, towards her empty stomach. Breakfast has been served... she thought while her own body shook and trembled as her orgasm intensified.

He was already softening by the time she came down again, and she let him slip out of her mouth with a soft moan. She came up from below the covers, and sat herself up, rubbing the back of her head while locking eyes with him. She pouted, "I wanted to taste you!"

His eyes widened, "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"

She grinned, and snuggled up to him, "No, I was just teasing you. You did exactly what I asked you to do, you became Kang in the bedchamber."

He hugged her close, "Thank you, for being the best wake-up call ever..." She looked up at him, their lips met, and they kissed tenderly. "I have been thinking," he said after they both ran out of air.

She chuckled, "Uh oh..."

He grinned, and then his face turned serious, "I love sleeping with you, spending the night with you I mean, but are you sure it's a smart thing to do? It's just another month till the summer solstice.

Cassandra swallowed, "I know... These last two nights, they will be seen as you supporting me in my grief. But if you keep spending the nights in my bed, it'll become something else." He nodded slowly, and she hugged him close, "Thank you, for being so understanding." He sighed, and she winked at him, "I think we can get away with another night though."

They snuggled for a while, until a knock on the door told them time to get up had arrived. "Yes?" she said.

The door slowly opened ajar, and Denora's head appeared, "Breakfast is served milady..."

She smiled at her senior maiden, "We'll be just a minute." Denora nodded, and the door closed again behind her. She looked back at Brando, "Fun's over lover..."

***

She got up and put on a dressing gown, as did Brando, and then she left her bedchamber with him in tow. Entering the living room a pleasant surprise awaited her; a full breakfast table, and seven smiling faces. The smallest one of them got up, dashed over to her, and hugged her waist. "Well hello Cerny," she said smiling, "did you sleep well?"

The young girl nodded happily, "Polly said you would free my father from the orcs!"

Cassandra looked up at Polly, an amused smile on her face, and lifted an eyebrow.

Polly blushed, "I thought... You are going to help her, aren't you milady?"

She looked down at Cerny again, who looked up at her expectantly. "We don't know for sure if they are keeping your father prisoner Cerny, but we're going to try our hardest to find out, and get the two of you together again too, I can promise you that."

Cerny swallowed, and then the girl nodded her understanding. She ruffled her hair, and Cerny reached out and took her hand, leading her to the table. Cassandra followed her chuckling, and ended up sitting next to Polly, instead of her usual place at the head of the table. The plate in front of the empty chair next to hers was holding a strawberry jam covered slice of toast. Cassandra gestured at it, "Ooh, is that for Brando?"

Cerny's eyes widened, "No! That's mine." And then she hurried over to where Brando was still standing, and led him to the other chair next to her own.

"Aah," Cassandra said, "Just like last evening." Cerny nodded beaming, and then hopped onto the chair between them. She had the nicest of breakfasts, in the nicest of company, and looking down at Cerny she wondered how it would be to have a daughter herself. Would she be anything like this wonderful girl? So lovely, and lively, and smart? Had she herself ever been like Cerny was now? The girl had only spoken of her father, so she suspected she didn't have a mother anymore, that she had lost her mother at a young age, just like she herself had. But the girl had enough on her little plate already, so she hadn't asked.

The girl in question turned a bit away from her, and then leaned back against her, a thick sandwich in her small fists now. She smiled as she noticed it was Polly's specialty, the original grilled chicken variant. "Oh yummy," Cerny moaned softly between bites.

Adopting children whose parents had died was common practice in Nigawa, just not often between the different social classes, though there was no rule forbidding it. Should the orcs have killed her father after all, Cassandra thought, you'll end up having a daughter even before you're married... The thought surprised her; how quickly little Cerny had conquered her heart... Looking up again her eyes met Brando's, who just nodded, smiling softly, and she felt said heart blossom.

After breakfast she bathed with Brando again, and then it was time for the next council meeting. If their assumptions were correct the orcs had a nice head-start moving south, and they discussed possible routes to intercept them for a while. And then Marecomb shook his head, "We are planning army movements that could mean life or death for Nigawa, and we're basing them on the testimony of a young girl." Cassandra bristled, and Marecomb made a placating gesture, "I'm not saying she's lying. But can a young girl like her really see the difference between hundreds and thousands of orcs? I'm just saying we should check her story before we base our whole strategy on it."

Cassandra swallowed, Marecomb was right of course, "I'm sorry general," she said, "You're right. We should check our assumptions before we play our cards."

The general smiled, and then he looked around the table, "You'll have to excuse me gentlemen, but I also think this isn't the right company for determining the armies future actions... I think the actual planning should be done by the army staff, it's what they're paid for." He looked at Cassandra next, "I think we should have a staff meeting this afternoon, with you of course, and the few councilors that actually have some military experience. Once we have constructed a plan we'll then put it up for discussion with the council, so the other councilors can have a say on it before you decide what actions we're going to take."

She had already noticed they were basically wasting a lot of time discussing the useless ideas of councilors who clearly hadn't a clue what they were talking about and nodded her agreement, "That sounds like a good idea to me general." With the whole military discussion out of the way for now the only points remaining on the agenda were some issues of a more mundane nature, which didn't take long to resolve.

***

And so they managed to get back to her private chambers nicely in time for lunch. Denora stood up from behind the desk when they entered the reception room, "Would you prefer for us to have lunch in the living room with you milady?"

She smiled happily, "Yes, please, Denora," and then she hesitated, "I..., I would of course understand if the girls preferred to have their lunch in private."

Denora started to answer, but Leavy beat her to it from behind the reception desk, "The girls all love eating with you in the living room milady."

Denora nodded her agreement, and Cassandra sighed relieved, "That's great; lunch together in the living room then."

And so they had lunch just like they had breakfast, with Cerny sitting between Brando and her. After they had finished eating she addressed her assembled maidens, "From now on, unless I have to entertain guests, I would like to have my meals here, inside the living room, with all of you, if you girls don't mind..." None of them said anything, but they didn't need too, their happy faces told her everything she needed to know. Her maidens' reactions warmed her heart, and she smiled with gratitude, "Thank you, this means so much to me."

Cassandra left her private chambers feeling happy, and when she and Brando walked into the conference room again they found Burgon Magwick, Burgon Goban, and Marecomb and his staff waiting for them. There were three officers with him, all of whom she only knew by sight. They all greeted her and Brando, and then Marecomb gestured at the officer standing to his right, "This is Colonel Valco, my chief of staff." He gestured at the officer standing to his left next, "And this is Colonel Morvan." That left the younger officer standing next to Burgon Goban beside the table, whom he introduced last, "And this is Major Curdoga," he grinned, "who does all the real work."

All three officers bowed to her, "Please, as you were," she said walking up to the table.

On top of it was a huge topographical map of Nigawa. Marecomb gestured at it, "We discussed a plan assuming both orc armies effectively disengaged and headed south. For their eastern army this would be directly after their victory at Bagman's crossing four days ago, as the girl's testimony leads us to believe, and for their western army, more likely after we withdrew the bulk of our own troops back to Iriskan two days ago." He looked up, "But before we start moving our own troops we have to confirm these assumed orc movements."

He pointed at the Seven Pints inn, along the road to Cardogan, "In the east I propose we order Colonel Kiran to send a scouting party north to Bagman's Crossing, and from there eastward to the Trader's Inn, and then further on to Ovega. We should also send scouting parties from Iriskan, both to Merdion in the east, and to Luessio in the south east."

He pointed at Breza next, "Checking on the orcs' western army's movements will be more difficult, because it'll be next to impossible to send a scouting party after them from The Forks." He pointed at Olbio, located on the east bank of the Amunda further south, "So we'd better send a scouting party from Iriskan and have it use the ferry at Olbio to get across the Amunda."

Burgon Goban chimed in, "We are also going to have the internal security network coordinate with the scouting groups, so we'll get as complete a picture as possible about what the orcs are up to." He locked eyes with her, "I also have to inform you that our communication with the parts of Nigawa that are either under orcish control or got isolated by their advance, has been cut completely. So we have no idea whatsoever about what's happening, and has happened, in the northern shires for instance."

Cassandra thought for a moment, "Yes, the Amunda doesn't just stop orcs of course, so with all the normal crossings becoming inaccessible there's no news coming across it either."

Goban nodded, "Exactly your highness." He pointed at Olbio on the map, "We can work around the road system, which the orcs might or might not control, but if they take out the ferry somehow, we might find ourselves cut off from those scouts we're sending after the orcish western army too."

Marecomb shrugged, "Yes, that's a possibility, but if the orcs are doing what we think they are doing, something we can confirm by observing the actions of their eastern army, it won't matter much..." He gestured towards Colonel Valco, "That's your cue Colonel..."

***

The officer cleared his throat and then he put his wooden pointer at Windagon on the map, "The orcs first split their army here, and they are presumed to be splitting it up even further while moving to the five fortified cities guarding our southern borders." He locked eyes with Brando, "I was informed about your plans to reunite our army, and then have it head south to engage and destroy the much smaller orcish army groups one by one. In principle that's a sound plan, but I'm afraid the orcs have too much of a head start, and you won't be able to get at any of them before they start reuniting again."

Brando frowned, and Valco put his pointer on The Forks, and from there he traced the Amunda, south, all the way to Roha, and from there west to the Mercandon border. "But while both the western and eastern orc armies in themselves will be able to reunite again relatively easily, merging their western army back with their eastern army again will be more of a problem for them, because the Amunda is in the way. He pointed at Bulness on the map. "The bridges at Bulness were designed with wooden central spans, to be torchable in case of a Mercandon attack, and the local commander has orders to destroy them both at the first sign of orcs arriving."

Valco moved the pointer along the south bank of the Amunda to the area south of Roha, "This was done to prevent the orcs from taking this route and being able to attack Iriskan from the south." He placed the pointer on Roha, "That means that the bridge at Roha is the only way for the orcs to reunite their split up army again, without having to move all the way back up north to The Forks that is. Now the bridge at Roha isn't torchable, because it was never really expected to come under attack. Unlike the bridges at Bulness, however, it is part of the city's defenses, and as such, with the Amunda serving as the widest moat in the world, as good as untakable."

The Colonel grinned, "So if they want that bridge, their eastern army will have to take Roha from the 'dry' side, and Roha is an incredibly tough nut to crack. Unlike Windagon its defenses have been expanded on for centuries, it has layered defenses. So even with just their normal garrison, and we will be able to reinforce that garrison before the orcs arrive, they would already have their work cut out for them."

Brando nodded, "So with the western orc army incapable of crossing the Amunda we will have a window of opportunity to crush the eastern orc army between our own army and Roha's defenses."

The Colonel smiled evilly, "Exactly Sir."

Brando grinned, "And as far as we know their eastern army is being led by Bashuk himself... So by destroying their eastern army we'll kill their leader too."

Cassandra swallowed, "What if he decides to surrender?"

Brando blinked, "They killed your father..."

She nodded, "Yes, they did, and we killed all their women and children..." The men looked down, their faces ashamed. "I don't think they'll want to, but if they try to surrender, I want us to offer them the opportunity to do so."

Brando thought for a moment, and then he nodded his agreement, and so did the others. "You're right, losing our honor once was more than enough. But I don't think...,"

"Neither do I," she interrupted him, "But let's make sure we do not add more black pages to our history book, shall we?" The men all nodded, and she pointed at Olbio on the map, "So what happens if the orcs take out the ferry, and the commander at Bulness doesn't destroy the bridges in time?"

Brando pointed at Roha, "Should the army arrive at Roha before the orcs do, it will send scouts to both Sasua in the east and the Last Hope inn in the south. The latter would give us timely warning should the orc western army approach along the south bank of the Amunda. Should that happen, or should we find the orc armies have already managed to reunite east of Roha in some way, we will pull back to Nadrac. It isn't a fortified city, but like most cities it's walled nevertheless. He looked up at her, "But that's an emergency plan. If the commander at Bulness does his job as expected, the orcish western army will find itself marooned west of Roha."

Banbeck
Banbeck
276 Followers