Casus Belli Ch. 05: Inheritance

Story Info
Small shoulders carrying the world.
21.3k words
4.83
2.7k
5

Part 5 of the 16 part series

Updated 04/24/2024
Created 10/19/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Banbeck
Banbeck
276 Followers

This is the story of Nigawa's continued struggle for survival against an orc invasion.

Cautionary (for series): harshness, non-consent, reluctant, violence, straight sex, inter species sex, anal sex.

Setting: Nigawa, planet Mundea (Galeon III), year 3647 (local).

Characters:

Pryoness/Kangess Cassandra, human female, 21 years old, ruler of Nigawa, female lead

Sir Brando Boruga, human male, 27 years old, Cassandra's betrothed, commander Nigawan army

Sir Marvon Marecomb, human male, 46 years old, Nigawan general/diplomat

Colonel Valco, human male, 46 years old, Marecomb's head of staff

Colonel Morvan, human male, 43 years old, Marecomb's staff

Major Curdoga, human male, 34 years old, Marecomb's staff

Denora, human female, 24 years old, Cassandra's servant

Vala, human female, 22 years old, Cassandra's servant

Syldan, human female, 19 years old, Cassandra's servant

Leavy, human female, 21 years old, Cassandra's servant

Moiga, human female, 23 years old, Cassandra's servant

Polly, human female, 18 years old, Cassandra's servant

Cerny, human female, 10 years old, inn keeper's daughter

Torval Krunn, male, 38 years old, inn keeper Traders Inn

Bashuk, male orc, 32 years old, Green Vale Orcs Warlord

Casus Belli 5: Inheritance

Preparations

It was still a bit early when soft knocking woke Cassandra. She glanced at the chronometer with sleepy eyes; it was a quarter too eight. "Yes?" she groaned.

One of the doors to the living room slowly opened a crack, and Denora's face appeared around it, "Are you alone milady? There's someone who very urgently needs to see you..."

She doesn't know Brando went back to his own quarters last night, she thought, "Yes, I'm all on my own Denora." Her senior maiden just smiled, and then the door swung further open and Cerny came bouncing in.

"Ah," she said with a smile, "I should have know of course..." Cerny bounced up to the bed, dressed in nothing but a nightgown, and she stopped her before she could jump on top of it. She pointed behind the girl, "Would you please fetch my nightgown for me?" Cerny's eyes widened. Cassandra grinned, "I wasn't alone all night..." The girl blushed, and then she got her the nightgown, which Cassandra put on beneath the covers. When she was ready she sat up and patted the bed next to her, "Alright, now come and tell me what the urgency is."

Cerny got on top of the bed, but instead of staying on the covers she slipped beneath them, and snuggled up to her, "I only wanted a hug."

Cassandra shivered, "You're cold!" Cerny recoiled, but was immediately pulled back again, "Come here, I'm just teasing you." They hugged for a moment, "I'm going to miss you," she said. Cerny just nodded. "But first there's the coronation. Are you looking forward to it?" That got her a happy smile.

They lay together for a short while, with Cerny curled up against her like a puppy against its mother. Just before eight Denora re-appeared. "Time to get up you two," she said warmly, "There's a whole lot to do, like getting eight girls to look at their absolute best for instance..."

Cerny was having a nice lie-in, and moaned her displeasure. Cassandra kissed her on top of her small head, "It's going to be fun," she whispered, "the girls are going to dress you up, do your hair, the works."

Cerny looked up at her, "Like I'm a little Pryoness?"

She smiled at her, and nodded, "Yes, just like if you were a Pryoness." The girl smiled happily, and Cassandra sniffed the air, "Is that bacon and eggs I'm smelling?" Cerny sat herself up, and sniffed the air too, and they locked eyes while she nodded enthusiastically. Cassandra bent over and pecked the girl's small nose, "They taste best when they're still warm..." Cerny hopped out of bed immediately, and she followed her to the dining room chuckling.

When she entered the dining room Cerny was already standing next to the large dinner table, looking undecided, "Will Brando and my dad be joining us for breakfast?" she asked. Cassandra chuckled, and then gestured at her nightgown. Cerny blushed, "Ooh, yes, of course, I see..."

Cassandra winked at her, "Your father is going to have breakfast at Brando's quarters Cerny."

The girl smiled, and then hopped onto the chair next to Polly, who frowned at her, "Aha, now I'm good enough to sit next to - I'm second choice..." Cerny's face dropped, and Polly reached out and hugged her, "Come here, I'm just joking!" The girl hugged her back, and when Polly let go she smiled at her, "I'm going to miss you little one, I really got used to coming to a nicely pre-warmed bed..."

***

They had breakfast, and then it was bath time. Moiga prepared the large tub, and they had a nice long bath, the eight of them. Cerny was in heaven, frolicking around in the large tub, splashing around in the warm soapy water. Once they were all brand-spanking clean it was hairdo and make-up time. Vala and Leavy parked Cassandra in front of her dressing table, and Cerny watched closely as they worked on her. Her other maidens were on the large bed, brushing and combing each other's hair.

When Vala and Leavy had finished Cassandra stood, and then she patted the stool, looking at Cerny. "Your turn, little maiden..." Cerny beamed, and hopped onto the stool immediately. She watched Vala braid her thick dark hair into an intricate work of art, and then Leavy added just a touch of makeup, while Cerny sat motionless. When Leavy was finished Cerny studied herself in the mirror, then turned around, looking rather pleased with herself. Cassandra smiled, "You look great, a real little Pryoness..."

Cerny hopped off the stool, and Leavy took her place, so Vala could do her hair next. "Come," Cassandra said to Cerny, "time to get dressed." Moiga and Polly had already laid their dresses out for them, and as they started helping her into the statuesque regal blue one she had chosen to wear for her coronation, Denora came over.

"Have you decided yet what color you want us to wear?" her senior maiden asked her.

Her maidens had matching dresses in a number of colors. She pointed at Cerny's dress, "Well, since I want all my maidens in the same color for official occasions like this..."

Denora smiled, "Yes, of course, dark red it is..."

While Moiga started to lace her up, Polly moved over to Cerny, and helped the girl into her own dress. Cerny's dress was smaller, and hadn't as many laces as her own, so they got finished about the same time. Polly and Moiga moved around them, checking the dresses' fit, and smiled satisfied. That's when Denora returned from the storage room with half a dozen dark red dresses draped over her left arm, and a small tarkan wood case in her left hand. As her maidens started to dress each other Cerny moved among them and then she looked back, "They're all the exact same color as mine!"

Cassandra smiled at her, "Yes, that's right. All these dresses were made by Zaldis & Dovar, the official tailors to the crown. They have a special assortment of fabrics and colors reserved exclusively for royal use. That's why your dark red dress is the exact same color as those other six."

When her maidens had finished lacing each other up it was shoe-time, which came in the form of seven pairs of matching ankle boots in a creamy caramel colored leather. Cerny smiled from ear to ear as Polly produced a pair of ankle boots for her too, in a slightly different design, but in the exact same color. "Yeah," Cassandra smiled, "there's an official shoemaker to the crown too...."

Denora got another tarkan wood box from the wall mounted wardrobe while Cerny checked herself out in one of the large floor to ceiling mirrors that covered its many doors, turning on the spot as she did. She beamed at Cassandra, who winked at her, "Yes, you look beautiful, a real little lady."

Denora picked up the tarkan wood box she had brought in earlier too, and then they all moved to the living room, where they sat down around the dining table. Her senior maiden was sitting opposite her, and opened the box she had brought in with the dresses. Cerny got up on her knees on her chair, to have a better vantage point, and gasped as Denora lifted a necklace from it. A pendant was hanging from a thin silver chain. Made out of wrought silver it depicted a crescent moon, and at its heart, suspended from its upper tip, was a small circular plate. On this plate was the enameled image of a cute little fox with a red bow around its neck.

"Oooooooh...," a wide eyed Cerny gasped.

Denora reached out and handed the necklace to Vala, and then five identical necklaces were lifted from the case, to end up in the hands of the other four maidens, and Denora herself. The maidens then helped each other putting the necklaces on, and Cerny bit her lower lip as she watched them. Cassandra reached across the table, and pulled the case towards her. Cerny's eyes locked on the six empty compartments in its red velvet covered interior, and pouted. Cassandra pouted back at the girl, and then reached inside the small case and lifted the red ribbon that had been hiding along one of the sides. "Oh," she said as she pulled it upwards, "What's this then?"

The compartment tray lifted, revealing a single red velvet-covered storage compartment beneath it, filled with small dark blue pouches. She put the tray aside, and picked one of the pouches out of the box. Cerny's eyes were burning holes in it as she opened it, and yet another necklace slid out, identical to the ones her maidens were now wearing. She winked at Cerny, "These are spares, in case any of the necklaces are lost." The young girl beamed, and Cassandra chuckled as she reached out and placed the necklace around Cerny's slender neck.

One of the ends of the chain was fitted with a small clasp, and the last four inches or so of the other end were fitted with a number of small rings placed about half an inch apart, providing some room for adjustment. She shortened the chain as much as possible, and then checked the result. The pendant was positioned about an inch above the neckline of Cerny's dress. "Perfect," she said. Cerny was looking down at her chest. "Do you like it?" she asked the girl with a chuckle. Cerny looked up at her, and nodded enthusiastically.

"I could let you keep those ankle boots and that dress," she said, "But you would probably grow out of those in less than a year. That's not going to happen with this necklace though, so I think I better let you keep the necklace instead..." Cerny had been looking down at the pendant again, her small fingers caressing it, but now her head flew up, and then she was on her lap, hugging her fiercely. "Careful!" Cassandra chuckled, "Denora's going to kill us if we ruin our dresses." Cerny eased off, and then she looked up at her, with happy tears in her eyes. She caressed the girl's face, "That way you'll always remain my seventh maiden, even when you're far away at your father's inn."

Cerny hugged her again, more careful this time, "I love you Aunt Cassy...," the young girl whispered.

Cassandra bent her head down, and kissed the top of her braids. "I love you too, sweetheart," she whispered back, and then she noticed six doe-eyed maidens staring at them, "We all do," she added with a smile.

***

It was close to eleven when the priests arrived, all seven of them. Denora led them inside, and Cassandra met them standing, while her maidens watched from behind the large living room table. The priests positioned themselves in a half circle in front of her. Four were men and three were women, and they were all wearing long cream colored robes. After a moment the woman at the center stepped forward and introduced herself. "I'm Galadin your highness, high priest of Ygdramun."

Cassandra nodded politely, Ygdramun was the goddess of all living nature. The woman stepped back, and the man to her right stepped forward next. "Corazan your highness, high priest of Chronodas."

She nodded, then swallowed, Chronodas was the god of time, of the underworld, and the protector of death. It was him she would be dealing with should her father's body be returned to her. He stepped back, and the man at Galadin's left stepped forward. "Nesos your highness, high priest of Fohnar."

Fohnar was the god of the wind and the air, of storm and thunder. As he stepped back in turn the woman to Corazan's right stepped forward, "Lisotta your highness, high priest of Magmos."

Magmos was the goddess of the lands, of the plains, of the mountains and the hills. As the woman stepped back, the third woman, to Nesos's left, stepped forward, "Veran, your highness, high priest of Freydan."

Cassandra smiled at her, Freydan was the goddess of desire, of attraction, and of love and procreation. She was the high priest that she hoped would soon marry her. Veran stepped back, and the man on Lisotta's right stepped forward next. "Lucian, your highness, high priest of Archamon."

She nodded at the high priest of the god of wells and springs, of rivers and lakes. And then, as Lucian stepped back, the man on the opposite end of the half circle stepped forward, "Henzas, your highness, high priest of Gudrian."

She locked eyes with the man she had decided would crown her, the high priest of the god of martial skills, of war and conflict. "I've decided to grant you the honor of crowning me," she said, and then she looked at all of them, "The reason behind that choice is the current war with the orcs. I don't think we can honor Gudrian enough in these desperate times."

To her relief all seven of them nodded their understanding, and then Galadin addressed her with a soft smile, "I speak for all of us when I tell you that we understand the reasons behind the changes to the traditional coronation ritual that you insisted upon your highness. And I don't want to insult you, but have you memorized the oath?"

Cassandra chuckled, "Yeah, that was before I got potty trained I think...," and then she recited it for them, and all seven of them looked rather relieved after she finished.

Galadin pulled a tiny piece of paper from her left sleeve, and offered it to her grinning, "We came prepared, your highness, but I'm glad we aren't going to need it."

Cassandra frowned, and then she reached out and took the tiny piece of paper from Galadin's hand. When she folded it open it still fitted inside her palm. She looked down at it, and then she laughed, "It's a cheat note!"

There was a lot of chuckling, originating both from the half circle of priests and from behind the living room table. Galadin spoke again, "This leaves but one thing for us to do..."

Cassandra nodded her understanding, "Yes, the crown." She turned to Syldan, "Could you please inform the lieutenant of my guard company that he can send over the first honor guard half squad?"

Syldan nodded, "Yes milady," and then she stood and left in a hurry.

She addressed Denora next, "Please take Vala with you and fetch my crown, will you?"

Denora nodded smiling, and Vala got up from behind the large table. As soon as the two maidens had left the living room she addressed the priests, "This will only take a minute."

The priests nodded their understanding, and it didn't take long for Denora and Vala to return indeed. When they did Vala was carrying the crown in two hands, and she noticed her maidens had wrapped it in a dark red velvet cloth for protection. She nodded at the priests, and it was Galadin who took the crown from Vala's hands. The woman held the crown with one hand, and unwrapped it with the other. When the silver tiara shaped crown appeared from the red velvet, its blue sapphires sparkling in the light, she looked up at her and smiled. "It was your mother's, wasn't it?"

Cassandra nodded, "Yes, it was."

Galadin cocked her head, "I remember, I wasn't yet a high priest then. What an excellent choice your highness."

Syldan came in through the doors to the private hallway, "The honor guard is ready milady; they are waiting in the reception room."

Galadin re-wrapped the crown and smiled at her, "We'll see you in the great hall at noon then..."

***

The priests left her private chambers with a six man Royal Guard escort to watch over the crown, and once they had, Denora opened the second wooden box, the one she had retrieved from the wardrobe. "Oh wow!" Cerny gasped as she took in its contents.

Cassandra had moved next to her, and put her hand on her shoulder, "Those are the Tears of Lurcan," she told her, "they used to be my mother's, and every Nigawan Kangess before her."

Denora placed the heavy wrought silver and sapphire necklace around her neck first, and then she fitted the matching ear jewelry. Cerny's eyes had been gleaming from the moment she first saw the jewelry set, and now she was tiptoeing to get a better look. Cassandra bend down towards her, to help her. "I've never seen earrings like that before," the young girl said.

"That's because they really aren't," Cassandra smiled, "they are ear cuffs, made to follow the rim of the ear, instead of dangling from the earlobe."

With her jewelry in place, everyone made a final check on each other, and when they were all satisfied she looked at the wall mounted chronometer. It was a quarter before noon, and time to get the show on the road. She addressed her maidens, especially for Cerny's benefit, "Alright, I'm going to lead and you will follow a couple of yards behind me. There will be three guards in front of me, and three behind you. When we arrive at the podium you will sit yourselves to the left, at the table with Brando and Cerny's father."

The girls all nodded enthusiastically, Cerny included. "Good," she smiled, "party time..." They left her private chambers, and when passing through the reception room she greeted the guards that had taken over the reception desk. Exiting her quarters she found her Royal Guards half squad already waiting for her in the hallway. Three of them, including the squad sergeant positioned themselves in front of them, as they set off for the great hall, with the remaining three falling in behind her maidens.

Turning left towards the large ceremonial stairs she heard Denora whisper behind her. "Leavy, behave yourself..." She heard the other maidens chuckle, but didn't need to look behind her to find out what had happened. Leavy loved to flirt, and there were three rather large and fit men walking just a short distance behind her. She looked back over her shoulder nevertheless, and locked eyes with her provocative maiden. "One of these days I'm going to make you stay over at the Guards' barracks," she said grinning, "just so you can make good on all those veiled invitations."

Leavy's eyes widened, and her hips stopped their provocative swinging, while three ear to ear smiles appeared on the faces of the uniformed men following behind her. The other maidens chuckled anew, except for Cerny, who looked confused. She winked at her junior, junior maiden, "Don't worry, you'll understand once you're a little older."

Cerny nodded thoughtful, and then she grinned, "Oh, I see..."

Cassandra looked ahead again, smiling softly, realizing sexual awareness probably arrived a little early when you were an inn keeper's daughter. They entered the keep's main entrance hall, a vast multi-story room housing the large ceremonial stairs. From there the group descended two floors down to the main entrance level, finding the normally busy place deserted as absolutely no one was going to show up late for a coronation. They turned towards the south eastern hallway and when they were about halfway down, the hubbub originating from the great hall became audible.

A last turn right and the three double doors leading into the great hall came into view. As the group got closer the guards posted next to the center doors moved; the large doors swung open, and the noise level rose dramatically. She watched the guards in front of her enter, and when she did herself, her feet sunk into the thick, twelve feet wide, dark red carpet leading up to the podium. The hall was far from filled, with just about a third of the nobles and some local notables present. Silence descended before she had taken a dozen paces inside, and all eyes were on her, all present having risen from their seats, taking in their now soon to be Kangess.

Banbeck
Banbeck
276 Followers