Catherine & Thomas Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“For a moment I thought you’d left.” He murmured, treating me to the sight of his heartwarming little boy smile, the one he only gave in his most unguarded moments.

My heart gave a painful squeeze. At that moment I loved him so much I think I would’ve killed for him. I was overwhelmed with emotion and distracted myself by turning away to towel my hair. He got up and sleepily ambled over to kiss me good morning. I returned his kiss and we held each other for a moment. It gave me the opportunity to regain my composure.

I dried my hair and dressed while Thomas showered and once he was dressed, we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast out on the deck. It was then I discovered that we actually would be doing some work over the weekend. He told me that he wanted to spend the afternoon briefing me on the project I would start on that Monday. After breakfast I unpacked my bags, Thomas gathered his papers and we settled down to work. It was an interesting project and I had good reason to believe that I would enjoy working at his company.

We spent the rest of the day working and that evening drove into town to see a movie and go to dinner. No, there was no in-the-dark cinema blowjob, no under-the-table groping in the restaurant. It was simply a normal fun dinner-and-a-movie date. For a few hours we forgot that we were brother and sister and simply enjoyed ourselves like any other couple.

It couldn’t last of course. We emerged from the restaurant, laughing at a stupid, corny joke I’d related. I was still giggling when I felt Thomas stiffen at my side. I looked up to see Kyle approaching us. He hadn’t called me after my birthday and I hadn’t given it a thought until now. He walked towards us, smiling broadly, at me, not Thomas, I couldn’t help but notice.

“Hello Catherine! How wonderful to see you again. I’m so sorry I haven’t called you yet. It’s just been so hectic at work. Can you ever forgive me? Hi Thomas, nice to see you too.” The last sentence was a throwaway comment to Thomas, as he flashed me a brilliant, dimpled smile.

Before I could reply, Thomas stepped in.

“Hello Kyle. Good to see you too. Are you out on your own? Where’s that lovely young woman you’ve been escorting around town recently? She left you already?” Thomas smiled to take the edge off his words.

Kyle blinked in surprise and I saw a flash of anger before he covered it up with another of his charming smiles. He chose to ignore Thomas’s comment and instead turned to me again.

“How are you Catherine? It’s very good to see you again.”

“I’m well thank you Kyle.” I smiled warmly at him, trying to make up for Thomas’s rudeness. “How are you? You’re looking well.”

I didn’t dare look at Thomas. I knew he didn’t like Kyle but I did, despite Thomas’s warning about Kyle’s womanizing ways. I wasn’t interested in being his girlfriend - I liked his sense of humour and light-hearted manner and hoped that maybe we could be friends one day.

We spent an awkward five minutes chatting. Well, it was awkward for me because I could feel Thomas’s anger radiating over us. Kyle seemed oblivious of the effect he was having on Thomas because he talked easily, peppering his conversation with funny quips. Despite the tension, I had to stifle my laughter several times. Kyle really was very funny. We finally parted, with Kyle once again promising to call me soon.

Thomas was fuming. He didn’t say a word as we walked to the car and then drove off. I didn’t know what to say and instead decided prudently (I thought) to remain silent. I didn’t know why Kyle made him so angry but whatever the reason he had to learn to deal with it. I sensed Thomas relaxing as we drove and after a while we were chatting casually and easily again.

We made love that night or rather I should say we fucked that night. Thomas took me brutally, hurting me several times. He didn’t seem to care if I enjoyed it or not. I had the feeling he was reclaiming me. From what or whom I don’t know. I was completely his. There was no one else for me. Didn’t he realise that?

Sunday was much better. We lazed in the sun, reading our books and newspapers. I was relaxed again and neither one of us referred to the events of the previous evening. There was an unspoken agreement to let it go…for now at least. We didn’t make love that day, but we did share frequent kisses and touches. He brushed against me as we worked in the kitchen. I squeezed his shoulder in passing. The casual touching, unthinking caressing, were reassuring to me. It was still ok between us.

The next day was Monday - my first day in my new job. After Thomas dropped me off at home I had time to think about the implications of working with him. For the first time it occurred to me how difficult it would be to hide my feelings for him while we worked so closely together. The thought that someone could find out about us made my blood run cold. I determinedly shook off the frightening thoughts and went to bed in an effort to get some rest before the week ahead.

Chapter 4 teaser: I arrive at my new job and get a big surprise.

12