Catherine Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But Frank is easily side tracked and soon we're talking about everything except the subject we're here for. Where Frank has already digressed to his experiences and stories about his family's adventures and mishaps over the Christmas holiday weekend, many, because of the icy weather that moved in causing all kinds of travel issues --- like my commute today and late getting into the city.

But for me, all the talk going on around me is just background noise to my thoughts, along with the vision of this woman who has now turned my life upside down.

But it's John, noticing my lack of participation who leans over, "Is everything alright," he asks. "Didn't spend Christmas alone I hope," John asking, who knows about my wife, and our divorce, because we've talked about that, and what he went through during his divorce.

"No John," telling him. "In fact, Sally's parents had invited me over for Christmas dinner, where I got to see my daughter as well as Sally. She, and I have always had a good relationship, even through the divorce and we still do. Plus, I think her parents are hoping that one of these days Sally and I will get back together. It's just..., something that happened today on my train ride into town."

And naturally John wants to know what it was. But I can't tell him because he wouldn't believe me anyway, or worse, open his big mouth to the whole class. So telling him, "John..., John it was just something I have a hard time believing myself. But, I know it did, I have the proof," telling him.

"Okay. So what was it," he asks.

"Maybe later John," my trying to mollify him.

And now that it's closer to lunch break, where I'm thinking, I know she said not to call that number for three weeks. But I fell in love with her soft whispering against my ear. Her soft moans, the whimper in her throat and her hot heavy breaths against the back of my neck. All stroking my heated desire to possess all of her. And now I need to hear her voice once more before she leaves.

Where Frank has stopped while looking at the clock, "Because we got started late," he says. "So, if you want, we can skip lunch break. And later take an extended break so you can get something from the cafeteria. Or..., we can work on through with just a short break, and leave early because not everyone didn't make it in." He says.

The vote is for the short break and leaving early.

And when at last break time arrives and everyone is heading for the rest room, or to the cafeteria to grab a snack, or something to drink. It's me taking out my cell phone to touch in the number Catherine wrote on the little piece of paper. Where now I wait, holding my breath as I listen to the audible rings. But now the thought, what the hell am I going to say to her if she even answers?

"Hello, this is Catherine Parker," she answers.

Damn it Swaggart, say something, and with almost blurting it out "Good afternoon Catherine Parker," telling her. "This is Master Sergeant Robert Swaggart from the United States Marine Corps. And I was wondering if you would have lunch with me tomorrow, seeing as how you're not leaving until six-thirty for your flight to Denver. Oh, and can you see me waving to you?" My saying all that without taking a breath.

"Bob, I said three weeks!" Her motherly like reminding me. But it's also her laughing right along with it.

"Yes, Catherine, I know," telling her. "And I'm sorry for bothering you so soon," telling her. "But I really wanted to ask you to lunch. Plus, I'm also waving to you too," telling her.

"Bob, you're not bothering me," she says "But where are you if you're waving to me," she's asking.

"Okay Catherine, can you see the fountain from your office?"

"Yes I can." her reply.

"Good! Then you can see an old nine story gray building where my classroom is on the seventh floor about one third of the way in from your right as you face the building," telling her. Where it's hearing her moving around, until she says, "Yes I know that building, but I can't see you waving."

"Alright then," telling her. "If you can see my building, where are you in yours," asking her..

"Well, I'm on the tenth floor and, about half way in from your right as you face my building," she's telling me..

Now, asking her to wave. "Okay," she says. "I'm waving now."

"Oh..., yes, there you are," telling her, but I really can't!

When it's the sound of her laughing, "You can't see me, the glass is tinted," she says.

"Yeah, you're right Catherine, I can't see a damn thing in that building from here, so why are you waving," asking her. to the sound of her laughing at my gotcha,

"Sorry Catherine, it must have been that pigeon flapping its wings on the ledge," when she comes back on.

"Bob..., you can't see a pigeon from where you are either, "she says. "There's no place for it to land because there aren't any ledges outside these windows," she's telling me.

"Oh yes I can Catherine, there's a pigeon strutting back and forth on a window ledge right outside this window I'm looking out of," my reply. "Catherine I'm sorry if I'm taking you away from something," but quickly follow up, "but I am serious about wanting to have lunch with you tomorrow before you leave for --- three damn weeks," my frustration knowing what she told me about it.

"Thank you Bob for asking," she says. "But I'll be in meetings almost up till the time I have to leave for the airport," she's telling me.

"But..," she says, "How about when I get back," she's asking, almost knocks me backwards at hearing that.

"Well Catherine, I'll be pretty fricken hungry by then," saying it, joking about it with her.

"What, they've stopped feeding you in the Marine Corps," she teases.

"No, they haven't Catherine. it's just being in your company would be a hell of a lot more pleasing to be around. So..., I guess it's still three damn weeks then?"

"Yes Master Sergeant Swaggart," she reminding me. "It hasn't changed since I last saw you," she says.

"Alright then, I'll let you go. Oh, and Catherine, please have a safe trip, and goodbye," is all I can think to say at the moment.

"Bob, Bob..., wait," I hear her telling me --- just after I said goodbye.

"Yes Catherine, I'm still here."

"Bob, what time do you usually go to lunch," she's asking me now.

"Well, our instructor is pretty punctual so it's close to twelve; why?"

"Bob, I can't promise anything, but do you know that deli at Sixteenth and Arch Street," she asks.

"Yes, I know it well Catherine!"

"Good! If I can..., I'll meet you there if I get out of a meeting around then. If I don't show up, it's not because I stood you up..., Okay," she asks.

"Sure Catherine, I'll just reserve a table for three weeks from now."

"Bob, they don't take reservations," she says.

"Yeah, I know. So guess I'll just have to sit there until you show up in three weeks," saying it being silly.

"Bob you don't have to do that either," she says. "We'll have lunch when I get back, I promise. And Bob I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer and talk this morning, but I really couldn't," her apology.

"Hey, I understand! And like I said, please have a safe trip Catherine Parker. Oh, and Catherine, stop waving at Marines, they're not all as sane as I am."

"Yeah, sure you are," she says. Where she leaves with the sound of her laughter in my ear as the call drops.

Where the rest of this day seems to be really dragging, maybe because I keep looking at the clock, where Frank is droning on about this flowchart he's trying to explain to everyone. Come on Frank, we know how to read a flow chart, thinking the same is on everyone's mind.

Then Frank's giving us an assignment where we have to use the flowchart to answer the questions in the assignment. And between John and I we blow through the assignment in about ten minutes.

Where that damn clock on the wall seems to have stopped!

12