Celtic Mist Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aoife instantly closed her eyes and lay motionless, endeavoring to slow her breathing to a slow, peaceful semblance of slumber. For a moment he remained frozen against her, then the hand on her belly stealthily withdrew, and his body eased away from hers, leaving cold, empty air behind her. She heard him shifting about, rolling to face the opposite wall, she guessed. Her ears caught his almost inaudible mutter of "Jaysis!"

For nigh an hour Aoife pretended to sleep as her ears remained attuned to him over the sounds of the now light rain. From his breathing, she judged him to be likewise wakeful. Almost wistfully, she remembered that this young man had in fact kissed her...in a way. After descending the rope from the tower, when they were caught on the battlement by the other guard...Declan had pretended to kiss her to convince his on-duty comrade that she was just a wagtail.

Aye, she had been so agitated and shocked there upon the battlement that she had scarce noticed anything save his overwhelming strength as he held her close. But their lips had touched, so they had. And today she had had an extended opportunity to feel the stirring power and warmth of his body as he had carried her in his arms.

At last, Aoife heard his breathing alter to the rhythm of true slumber, and for a long time she simply listened to him. The rain had ceased, and there were intermittent dripping sounds outside.

The unresolved chaos of her body and mind manifested again. She could still feel the ghost-like sensation of his large, strong hand upon her belly, pressing her back against him...could still sense the insistent rubbing of that hardness along the cleft of her bottom through their garments. Her tremulous imaginings blossomed.

What if she had --- instead of his clothes --- still been wearing naught but her nightgown...and...and what if he had previously risen to piss but drowsily hadn't completely refastened his breeches and drawers? What would that stiff pole have felt like with just a thin layer of linen separating them? What if the nightgown had ridden up in her sleep and 'twas his bare organ...its blunt ruddy head uncapped...prodding her with no intervening fabric at all? What if his hand on her belly had been under the nightgown...and slid yet lower? Oh Medb!

Images from her dream came back...his eager hand moving upon her breast...had he in actuality...whilst they both slept...fondled her so?! Placing her own hand over her breast, atop the shirt, Aoife felt the thumping of her heart, but could discover no clue as to what had in truth happened.

Her hand slid away and encountered the dagger handle in its scabbard. Shame overwhelmed her at her wayward thoughts and agitated body. Ah God, but she was a wicked, cowardly lass, so she was!

In a rush, her other bitter urge swelled anew. Clodagh! Eoin! Paddy! Now, she could even more efficiently accomplish that end...unencumbered by Declan's...the bastard's...too-close body, she could draw the blade and generate a mighty slashing motion. Round the handle her fingers closed as the pulse in her ears magnified.

She sat up silently, drawing the dagger.

Ka-thump, ka-thump, ka-thump.

Her mind churned incoherently.

Her upraised hand shook.

Damn it all! Rising to her feet, Aoife crept from the stone shelter and breathed deeply of the rain-scented darkness. She stepped round to the side of the structure from whence she could not be seen and there doffed the coat. Her mind was racing...she decried absconding with his belongings but, refusing to let foolish pride leave her defenseless and frozen, she was obliged to find a compromise.

Swiftly she disrobed of his garments and stood naked a few moments with the cooling touch of the night air upon her breasts and bare, overheated cunny. Then she slipped on the tattered nightgown that she had been carrying draped round her neck. Over it, about her hips, she tied the leather strap with the scabbard and knife, then redonned the coat. Tiptoeing back to the entrance of the cromleach, she set his breeches and shirt on the ground inside, and atop them she placed the contents of the coat pockets.

Aoife headed out into the dark pasture, her tense ears hearing no evidence behind her of his stirring. Climbing over a stone wall a few hundred yards thence, she broke into a limping run.

*****