Ch. 18 - Some Days One Wonders

Story Info
Things happened that one would never have guessed.
16k words
4.21
2.8k
8
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the first story that I've written. If you are offended by stories of incest then please don't read this one. All characters in this story are 18 or older.

-----

When Katie walked in to the office, she didn't know what might await her. The email was not specific in what this emergency meeting with her supervisor was all about. She found the meeting room and sat at the table and waited for Fred to show up. Today as she had walked in it seems like the office was almost deserted, there were a few people around but not many. Guessing that most of her coworkers were at home doing what she normally did each day. It wasn't long before the door popped open and Fred stepped in the room.

Walking in he was so happy to see Katie that it was very obvious to her. That made her feel better and her nerves were eased somewhat. Looking at her he says "I'm so glad that you came today, Katie. I can't tell you how much that it means to us here. Let me be very frank with you to start off. We are... well in reality management is in a bind concerning a special project that was started a few months ago. I need your help in a very big way. If you turn this down, I'm not sure if the project can continue in the time frame that the VP's are targeting. So, let me put my cards on the table here." He pulls out a folder then opens it and lays it on the table. Pointing to a few pages "Here is the general outline of a project that was green lighted four months ago. An idea was proposed about making our system a little more efficient. We all liked the idea but, in a nutshell, we will need to make some software changes for it to happen."

Katie looked at some of the pages as they were spread out in front of her. It was not hard to see the general theme of this project. Looking at her supervisor she says "I see some of the ideas but I'm not sure if I'm a good candidate for something like this." She didn't want to take on something this large and complex without being truthful.

Fred chuckled "I was expecting you to say something like that Katie. As I said, I want to put all my cards on the table here. So, let's start off by saying that you were not the first choice in picking someone to be the lead on this project. I was not involved in making that decision in the beginning. However, life got in the way of the top two candidates, and now they are both out of the running for this one. Because of that I was told to find the best person I could to take over, and that is you. Now let me add this. If you do this project, you will be getting a large bonus and be free from your normal job requirements. It will be something that can advance you towards a nice promotion. This thing is looked at from the very top level of our company Katie, this is important."

She leans back and thinks about it for a few seconds. Then asks "Can you give me a quick overview of how this project is going to happen? What I mean is there someone that we will work with to make the necessary changes to our systems?"

Fred smiled "I'm happy that you asked that question. Yes, we have contracted with a third party to handle all the upgrades to our software and have installed a backup database to mirror our current data set. Almost all of the software changes have been done. Now we need you to go through the process of using the new software to see how it works and to find any problems with it. Also, if you find things that should be changed then you have the right to make them for us. You would be driving this one."

Thinking more she asks "Where would we be working at on this project?"

He replies "We have a special area set aside for you and Tyler to do the testing. You'll be in a spot that will keep you from being disturbed while you both work on this project." He leans back and asks "Will you think about it for a few hours?" She nods her head. He then says "As you consider it, I would like for you to come and meet the contractor. His name is Tyler."

Katie nodded her head "Ok let's go see this guy."

They use the elevator to the second floor, then walk to the end of the large office area. Fred opens a door and they enter a small entry room and then in to a room that is half the size of her house it seems like. Over in an area by some large windows was a few large desks. A man was working at one of the desks. Fred says "Hi Tyler."

Katie stopped as the young tall black man stood up. She caught herself before it became obvious that she didn't expect to see this handsome man that seem to tower over her. Tyler reaches out and says "Hi Fred it nice to see you." Then turning to Katie, he says "I don't believe that we have meet before, I'm Tyler."

She is looking up at this tall black kid and wonders if he is still in college. She extends her hand and he takes it in his paw like hand. She smiles "No we have never meet before, I'm sure if we had I would have remembered, I'm Katie."

They all sit down and talk for some time about general topics and this project. Then Fred says "Katie, I will let you think about this project and hope to hear your response soon. If you need to take Tyler to lunch or somewhere to talk more you have an open expense account to use for this project." With that he turned and left the room.

It didn't take Tyler long before he wanted to know a lot more about his woman. He says "If I may, can I suggest that we get out of the office of a while and talk together. I think you will have some questions for me and if we find somewhere to walk and talk it might be the best way to do all of that."

Katie nodded her head and replies "Sure Tyler, that is a great idea."

They walked over to the elevator and headed outside the building. Since the office was in a business park there were sidewalks and a path to an adjacent public park that was nice. It didn't take long for him to ask "Did I understand Fred correctly. Are you thinking about taking on this project? If so, I hope that you do."

Katie chuckled "Why would you say that. You don't have any idea of what my qualifications are. I might be the worst person to handle a project like this one."

Tyler laughed "You will do fine. Fred has been working with me for a few days and he knows what is needed to complete this one. Most of the work has been done. All that really needs to be completed is the testing. That will only take a few hours a day. We will be sitting and waiting for my team to do any necessary changes, if the testing reveals any bugs. I'm guessing that you and I will be taking walks like this for most of the week. Or we can meet up and work for a couples of hours if you like."

Katie was getting a good vibe from Tyler. She asks "I would like to ask some questions. I hope that you will not be offended by them."

Tyler chuckled "Miss Katie, you can ask me anything you want. I will not be offended or be put off."

She laughed "Ok. I would like for you to tell me about yourself. Please be detailed, as much as you are comfortable in doing."

He smiled "I'm 25 and my family and I live about an hour away. I'm not easily offended and I like people that are direct. I don't like to dance around issues. If I say something I normally mean what I say. I've been working for my company for about two years. They sent me here to oversee this project for them. I get asked this one thing a lot so let me say it now; yes, I played basketball in college. And no, I don't want to play professional ball."

Katie chuckled "Well I like your style, Tyler. Can you tell me more about what we will be doing?"

He says "It's one of the easiest projects that I'm been involved with, really. We will need to do some normal data entry and check the results. If the interface is not what you would like we can make some cosmetic changes to it. If we see an issue, we write up a support ticket to address those problems. Most of the time we can sit and talk or go the lunch or dinner. You tell me what we need to do to make this new software package work well and I will write up all the notes for you. You will be telling me what to do." Looking at her he added "I hope that you will take on this project. I would really like to work with you."

Katie was liking this new project more and more as they walked and talked about it. He was explaining some of the details and it seems like it was simple. Thinking about it more she looked at the bigger picture of it all. She didn't see a downside. Plus getting to work next to Tyler was becoming to be a better and better thing in her mind. She says "Tyler, if I can be frank with you, how do you really feel about working with someone like me?"

He stopped and asks "Can I be totally clear with my answer? I don't want to say one thing and get kicked out for being inappropriate in the work place."

Katie looked up at him "Tyler you can say anything that you would like to me. I'm not an easily offended woman. If we are to work well together, we need to be on the same page with everything that we do."

Tyler looked at her for a few seconds then says "What guy would not want to work with a beautiful woman like you. I have memories of a woman like you when I was younger. I would be grateful if we could work together."

Katie was a little surprised but don't try to show it. She says "Well that is quite the reply. I'm not upset by your statement. I understand that men and women are different and when working together they need to address the small issues that can pop up between them at times." She took a step down the path and then turned and stopped "I would like it if we didn't have to worry about any of the normal restrictions, like the ones we have in the work place environment. If you want to say something, then please just say it. If we let others tell us what we can or can't say then it's hard to work together and get things done."

As they started to walk around the park, they were both silent for a time. It wasn't long before they reached to end to this nice park and were heading toward the office. Tyler says "I guess that you will take on this project. If not, I will do anything that I can to convince you to do it. I would like to be around you for the next few weeks that this project will provide."

Fred looked up from his desk as Katie stepped into his office. She says "Fred I am leaning toward doing as you ask. I just need some written information on what the scope of this project is and what I could expect from completing it. Tyler seems nice and I'm guessing that he is very qualified for something like this. If it's ok, I would like to spend some time going over the details with Tyler. If you will email me the information, I will look it over." Fred knew that she was a sharp person. Asking for things in writing is a solid way to get things done.

She listened to Tyler talk about what they would do each day. It seems like a lot of time in between tests waiting for others to do things that were necessary. Slowly she visualized time with this nice young man. She tried to push it out of her mind but it returned each time she did. He was so tall and fit, and he smiled a lot. She began to wonder what he had under those fashionable slacks, then she admonished herself, telling that little voice in her head that she had studs at home. However, it didn't stop her from looking at Tyler like he was a juicy steak and she was famished!

When the email from Fred showed up, she got busy looking it over. It looked like he had all the necessary information in it. She called him up and asks "Hi Fred. Can you give me a ball-park figure of what the bonus would be?" He did, but he added that it did depend on upper management.

Tyler listened as Katie talked. He thought that he could add a bonus for her! She looked just like Nancy did a few years ago. Nancy was such a wonderful woman to have as a helper in his family. The helping she did around his family's home was so pleasing for him and his dad.

Katie looked the email over again and sat back in her chair. Looking out of the big windows of this office area she enjoyed the view. Then she looked at Tyler and smiled to herself, this kid was very pleasing to the eyes. Thinking more she wondered if a few weeks with this guy would be a good or bad thing. Looking back out of the window she decided to do it. There were some unknowns but the upside was very good. She replied to Fred and told him that she would take on this project. Turned to Tyler she says "I just accepted the project, Tyler. It looks like we are going to be together for a few weeks."

Tyler was very glad to hear her say that! The big smile on his face told Katie the same thing!

Valerie was driving back from a showing that had finished up today. She kept thinking about yesterday. It wasn't long before she sent Jim a text message.

He was awake and thinking that he should check with his friends to see what was going on today. Eating some cereal, he heard his phone ping. He wondered if one of his friends finally was up and ready for some serious online gaming today. As his phone opens, he sees that the text was from Valerie. He wonders what she would want since it was a work day for her. She asked for him to call her when he has time.

Katie got a reply from Fred giving her the final ok to start. She looked at the clock and saw that it was already after one. Thinking that now was as good of a time to see if Fred was right about the expense account. She called Fred and asked if he had a credit card for her or if she would just send in the expense receipts. He told her to come by and get the card that he had in his office. She stood up and says "Tyler, let's go out for lunch today."

He smiled and says "That would be great! I'm ready when you are."

Jim called Valerie. She sounded very happy and thanked him for calling her. Then she asked if he was busy today. He told her that no one was home and he didn't have anything planned yet. She says "Why don't you come over to my house. That is if you are ok with what we did yesterday. I don't want to force you to do something that you don't want to do. But I would love to feel you again. I know that later in this week I will not have as much freedom as I have over the next couple of days."

Jim says "I will be glad to help you in any way that I can! Just tell me when you want me at your door."

She snickered "I will see you in 30 minutes... is that ok?"

Jim says "I will be there!"

They walked out of the office after Katie visited Fred to get the card. She asked if he wanted to use her car to drive to hunch. Tyler says "Let's take my bike. But we need to stop at my hotel so that I can get you a helmet." She looked at him and nodded. He led her to where his bike was parked. He got on and she climbed on behind him. It was a short trip; in no time they pulled up to one of the hotels that were at the entrance to their business park. He says "Let me run in and grab another helmet for you." She watched him walk into the building and looked back at her office; the buildings were almost next door to each other.

Tyler came back out and helped her put the helmet on. He asked "Where would you like to eat? I will take you anywhere you would like."

Katie smiled "Let's go to Jakes. It's about a mile away."

He says "Ok. You just point and I will follow your finger."

Katie chuckled "Alright, I will direct you." He started it up and off they went. She was hugging him tight as he maneuvered through the traffic. She pointed and he drove, it was so fun for her!

Valerie walked into her house and went to find out if Alicia was home. She didn't see her daughter so she changed into some of her sexy things that she was sure Jim would like to see. As she changed, she thought that if Alicia came home then she could just listen to the sounds of hot sex. After yesterday's surprise she knew that she didn't have anything to hide from her daughter.

Jim knocked on the door and when it opened, he had that deer in the headlight look. Valerie looked like a model as she stood in the doorway. She chuckled "Oh don't look so surprised handsome. You know that I wanted to keep you coming back for more!" She reached out and took his hand in hers.

As they eat, they talked a lot about their family members and how things were now. The more he talked the more Katie like it. He was growing on her by the minute. She marveled at how black he was. Katie had worked around other blacks before and she didn't really care what color someone was. What mattered was how they were as a person. Since she had meet him today this guy didn't seem to be different in anyway than when they first met. Hoping that he would not turn out to be two faced, she listened to him carefully. However, the more they talked the more comfortable she was becoming.

Sex with this woman was so outstanding. Jim just couldn't get enough of her. Today she seems to be more enchanting and wonderful as she played with him. They spent a couple of hours together today. By the time they finished both were tired and sweaty. Valerie had now made up her mind, she would do this as much as she could! Jim liked how she seems to enjoy everything that he did to her. Even the sounds that she made were so sexy!

When they got back to the office, Katie and Tyler started working on the first test. He was helping her as she worked at setting up the data. His closeness was almost over powering for her. It took a while to complete the test and soon it was time to go. He stood as she got up to leave for today. He shakes her hand and says "It was such a pleasure having you here today. I look forward to seeing you in the morning." She smiled sweetly at Tyler and they walked out together.

When Katie walked in the kitchen, she found Kelly and Jim working on dinner. That made her feel better. On the drive home she thought about ordering pizza, but didn't do that. Now she was very happy that she didn't. By the time that Tony walked in the table was set.

Katie waited until everyone was eating and says "I found out today that I have a new project to work on. It's going to require me to be at the office for about three weeks."

Tony looked at her and asked for more details. She told them all about how it came about. How that two other people were in-line for heading up the testing, but as things turned out, those two people couldn't do it. So, she was asked today to step in and pick up the pieces as things fell apart. Also, about how she would be working closely with the contractor from the company that was doing the work. She went on to explain a little more, but not too much.

She looked at Jim to see his reaction to her news and it seemed like he wasn't all that upset. Then to Tony, he smiled but he didn't seem to care. She looked at Kelly, and saw that her daughter was looking at her and was in deep thought as she explained it.

Thanking the kids for making some dinner she told them that she would clean up. However, Kelly didn't leave as the guys left the table. Her daughter helped to clear off the table and was getting things in the dishwasher when she turned and looked at her mother. Katie saw Kelly standing there looking at her and asks "Is something wrong honey?"

Kelly smiled "Yeah mother... I'm getting a weird feeling from you tonight. This new project... something is... did you tell us everything about it?"

Katie looked at her daughter and wanted to tell her about Tyler. That man was so handsome and engaging! But how could she tell Kelly about that without her daughter running to Tony and spilling the beans?

Kelly watched her mother think and it seems that something big was on her mind. She decided to fish a little. She says "If you tell me what is going on... then I will clue you into some information about Jim."

Katie stopped and looked at her. Now she wondered what could Jim be doing! Was it something bad that her son was up to? Now she didn't know what to do. She needed to know about Jim! She looked at her and says "There is a new guy at work. His name is Tyler. Well, he's a contractor for the company that is doing the changes that I need to do all the testing on. I have to work closely with him all day... for weeks! And he's... he's..."