Challenge Accepted Ch. 09

Story Info
Family friction gets in the way & decisions need to be made.
6.6k words
4.83
5.1k
6
4

Part 9 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 10/16/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RandyGimp
RandyGimp
171 Followers

I'm looking forward to spending the day with Mom and Dad. We've never been to Disneyland, and it will be a fun family trip. I just wish my brothers and sisters were here too. Jumping out of the car, I go up to their room and knock. They're just finishing breakfast. They ordered room service. Good! Mom is in a cheery mood, but Dad, on the other hand, is grumpy this morning. Well, a day at the Happiest Place on Earth should change that.

Getting into the car, Mom decides to sit in the back while Dad sits up front with me. We no sooner pull out of the parking lot when Dad starts grumbling. All you can do is sit back and let him air it out when he gets like this. I learned a long time ago to not offer any opinions, suggestions, or thoughts to his grousing. How Mom has put up with this for the past thirty years, I have no idea. I guess that's what love really is. You'd think that waking up to a beautiful day in a room that overlooks the Pacific would put one in a good mood. Not Dad.

After ten minutes of listening to him, I look at Mom in the rear-view mirror, and she smiles and shrugs.

When Dad starts in on Josh, I get pissed. Typically, I let him have his mood and ignore him, but I can't take it when he starts to bad-mouth the man I love.

"So, what, Dad. Why do you object to Josh being in construction? Why do you care if he has a house on the beach? Why the hell are you so mad at him?"

Dad isn't used to me speaking to him like that. Usually, if someone talks back to him, he'll light into them and give them hell. So you can imagine my surprise when his eyes get big, and his jaw drops in response.

"Jenny! How dare...what...who...--"

"C'mon, Dad. Spit it out." Yeah...I'm pissed.

"Where do you get the nerve talking back to me like that?"

"Look, Dad. You can prattle on about commies, democrats, banks, bad crops, and global warming all you want. But if you're going to talk nasty about the man I love, then you and I are going to have words."

I look at Mom again, and she has her hand over her mouth, in shock.

"How dare you! We sent you out here to get a good education, not hook up with some free-spirited money-grubber. The plan was for you to come back home after graduating and settling down in Ceresco, where you belong. Instead, now I hear you plan on staying out here, in California, away from your family."

"Josh isn't a free-spirited money-grubber. And I know why you guys let me come here for college. I haven't accepted any jobs and haven't decided where I will settle down. Yes, Josh and I live together, and yes, we're serious with each other, but that doesn't mean I'm settling down here. Things can change with Josh and me. Nothing is final."

"It is for him. He's already decided your future for you."

"What? Where did you get that crazy idea?"

"Him! He asked for permission to marry you. But, Jenny, you guys are too young and haven't known each other long enough. You are too smart to be under someone else's thumb."

He what? He asked if he could marry me? I don't hear anything else after Dad says that. My heart flutters, and I'm filled with excitement. Sure, we've talked about being together and maybe someday getting married, but if he asked Dad for permission, that means he's serious! Shit, Josh! Why didn't you tell me you were going to do this? Time for a new strategy. I need to get Dad's mind off Josh until I can figure out a way to soften his heart. Dad is a stubborn man, and once he gets something caught between his teeth, no floss in the world is getting it out.

"Look, Daddy...Josh is a gentleman--"

"Gentleman, my ass! Trying to steal our daughter from us."

I try a softer tone. Arguing isn't going to get me anywhere with him. "Daddy, you know I love and adore you, right?"

"Sure, Baby, but--"

"No buts, Daddy. Josh isn't going to take me away from you. I promise." I need to change the subject and fast, so I continue, "I'll always be your little girl. That's why you flew all the way out here. Because I'm your little girl graduating from college, and you came to support me. You and Mom have raised me to be an independent person who can think for herself, and now I have a college education to back that up."

"I know, but--"

"C'mon, Dad. This is your vacation. You've flown all the way out here to spend time with me and to watch me graduate. Can't we be together today and have fun? Do we have to argue about nonsense?"

"Nonsense? Nonsense?"

Whoops! "Daddy, let's save this discussion for another time. Forget about Josh--" Shit! I shouldn't have said his name! "--about all of this for now. Let's have fun today. You know, maybe enjoy your vacation? Have fun with your baby girl?"

There's a moment of silence, and the tension eases. I look back at Mom, and she raises her eyebrows at me while cocking her head to the side. I just smile and wink.

"Sure, Sweetie. I'm sorry, I just get so riled up thinking--"

Shit! I can't let him finish that sentence! "Then don't think about it, Daddy. Right now, it's just you, and me, and Mom. Let's have some fun today."

I quickly change the subject to talk about the graduation ceremony and where it will be held. All the way down to Anaheim, I ask about home, the farm, my siblings, my grandparents, and anything else I can think of, except for how he feels about Josh.

Once we get inside the park, we have a great time. The day goes by fast, and before we know it, fireworks are going off, and it's time to leave. Making sure our souvenirs are tucked away, we follow the crowd out of the gates and into the parking lot. This time, Dad sits in the back, and by the time we get to the freeway, he's fast asleep, snoring. Mom puts her hand on mine, and I look over at her. She smiles.

"Jenny, how in the world did you do that?"

"Do what, Mom?"

"Calm your dad down like that. I mean, I was there, I saw it, but I don't believe it. I've never been able to do that with him."

"I don't know, Mom. I guess I got lucky. He got me mad when he started bagging on Josh, and I kind of flew off the handle myself."

"No, Dear. You didn't fly off the handle. You calmed him down and got his mind off the things that were bothering him. And don't worry about Josh. I think he's a fine young man. Give your dad time. He'll come around."

"Sure, Mom...sure. Thanks." I take her hand and give it a squeeze. I don't let go of it all the way back to the hotel. Having Mom next to me is such a joy. I've missed her so much.

After dropping my parents off, I barely make it home with my eyes open. Creeping into the house, I make sure not to wake Josh. Josh...I need to talk with him about Dad. I'm too tired to shower, so I slide into bed and curl up next to my man.

***************

God, I'm tired. Yesterday was an exhausting day, both emotionally and physically. Bright light streams into the room, blinding me as I open my eyes. Rolling over, I go to put my arm around Josh, and he isn't there. Why isn't Josh in bed? Opening my eyes a little more, I try to focus on the clock. It's ten in the morning. I can't believe I slept in this late. Crawling out of bed, I drag myself to the shower, hoping the hot water will help wake me up.

After getting dressed, I go downstairs and see Josh sitting at the table with a pad of paper and a pen, talking on the phone. He looks at me, gives me a grimacing smile, and then puts his finger in the air to signal he's going to be on the phone for a bit. His grimace then softens as he blows me a kiss. Josh prepared breakfast this morning and left a plate on the stove for me. It's cold, so I pop it in the microwave to warm it up. Then, after pouring myself a glass of juice, I sit down across from him and eat.

I try to figure out who he's talking to on the phone. From what I can gather, it has something to do with security and our graduation party.

When Josh hangs up the phone, I ask, "What's going on?"

"Did you speak with Esther yesterday? She said she tried calling you."

"Uhm...no." I get up and dig my phone out of my purse that's on the counter. I have six missed calls from her. "I didn't even hear my phone ring."

"Well...there's a problem with the party."

"What kind of problem?"

"It seems that someone talked, and word has gotten out that there's a graduation party at a beach house in Malibu. We don't know how many people know about it, but from what Esther can tell, there's quite a few."

"Oh, Shit! What are we going to do? I'm sorry, I know you didn't want this to happen."

"I've called the security company my parents use for their parties. I have asked for six people to be here. We'll have two of them screen cars, two at the front door, and two out back to make sure nobody comes up from the beachside."

"That's a lot of security for a small party, Josh."

He nods. "Esther said that you guys asked people to carpool, so I'm expecting no more than five cars parked here. The rest will be turned away and not allowed near the house. There are always troublemakers who will try and sneak in; that's why there will be guys out front and back."

"You think it will get that bad?"

"I don't know, but there will be hell to pay with the neighbors if things get out of hand."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't think this would happen."

"We'll make the best of it." As Josh stands up, he leans over and pecks me on the lips. "Good morning, by the way. How was your day yesterday?"

"Shit! My day...uhh...good, bad, fun."

"Is everything okay?"

"Kind of. We had a great time at the park. It was a blast. You and I need to go there sometime. On a more sour note...you didn't tell me you were going to ask my dad if you could marry me."

"Uhm...I didn't know I was supposed to ask you first. Sorry. He told me that he wasn't keen on the idea and that he'd have to think about it."

"Well, he's thought about it. I would say that he is less than happy. Whatever happens today, do not talk about us getting married. Don't hint at it, don't even think about it. If it comes up, steer out of the skid and change the subject to anything else. Well, almost anything. Anything that doesn't have to do with you and me."

"Shit!"

"Shit is right. Mom and I will work on him. He'll come around, but until then, we have to walk on eggshells when it comes to the topic of us."

"I can do that." Josh glances at the clock and then says, "Look at the time. We need to get out of here."

"Before we leave," I say as I get up, put my dishes in the sink, and walk over to Josh. Throwing my arms around his neck, I kiss him. "I love you, Sweetheart. Thank you!" Sliding his arms around my waist, he hugs me back. Being in his arms is the best feeling ever. I could stay like this all day.

"Thank you for what? It sounds like I made a mess of things."

"Thank you for being you, Josh. I just want you to know that I love you."

"I love you too, Babe," he whispers into my ear.

Burying my nose into his neck, I hold onto him. The calm, peaceful security of being held by the man I love is an indescribable feeling. I'm startled when he reaches down, puts his arms behind my legs, picks me up, and carries me to the couch. Setting me down gently, he crawls on top of me, and we make out. I love it when he's on top of me. I don't know what it is, but having him on me makes me feel loved, safe, and secure.

When Josh pulls away, and we gaze into each other's eyes, there's a connection between us, like we are one person. Our souls are connected. Nothing else matters. Our lips touch again, and it's as if I leave my body and enter his. We aren't two people; we are one.

Our lips take a break so we can breathe, and I ask, "Graduation?"

"Right. I forgot."

That brings a smile to my heart. He is so focused on me that I made him forget about graduation.

***************

Josh and I pick up my parents and then drive them to the pavilion with us. When we arrive, Josh leaves to meet his parents. We decided that it would be best if we didn't hang around each other today. I hope that spending time with my parents, away from Josh, will help calm my dad. My parents ask about the Bearrans and if they should sit with them. Seeing how well they get along, I don't see the harm in it, so I text Josh to find out where they're sitting. We find Josh's parents, and I leave my parents to go sit with the other graduates.

The convocation was long, and if I do say so, boring. The highlight was when the Valedictorian quoted Baz Luhrmann's song, Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen). That provided some humor to the otherwise dull morning. Now that it's over, I find my parents at the agreed-upon location. After taking some pictures, Dad tells me that we're going to lunch with the Bearrans. I text Josh to find out where he is and when he answers, we go to meet him and his family. We take more pictures, including some of Josh and me together. I'm paranoid over my dad's reaction to seeing us together, but he seems calm and happy. Did Mom give him a valium or something?

Seeing how well my dad did with Josh and his family during lunch, we decide to take my parents back to our place. Mom and I choose to make dinner while Josh and Dad hang out on the back deck.

"Mom? Do you think it's a good idea to leave Dad alone with Josh?"

"He'll be fine, Dear. I think your father may be coming around," Mom says. I look outside and watch them for a few seconds. They're talking and seem to be cordial with each other. I'm not so worried about Josh as I am Dad. "I think," Mom continues, "that spending time with you yesterday and being with Josh's family today has helped."

"I hope so."

When Mom and I finish making dinner, we serve it on the patio table. It's a beautiful day, and sitting under the large umbrella, eating dinner, is relaxing. When everyone has emptied their plate, Josh helps to clear the table.

"That was a wonderful meal, Francine. Thank you," Josh says as he gives Mom a peck on the cheek. For me, he has a more intimate kiss.

The second his lips touch mine, my heart races. Blood rushes to my face, and I can feel myself blush.

"Josh," my dad says, "let's go for a walk."

Worried, I look at Josh and then at Mom. She nonchalantly puts her hands out to silently tell me to relax and that things will be fine. I don't understand how Dad's attitude can be a hundred and eighty degrees from yesterday.

"Sure, Greg," Josh answers, "but let's change into some shorts first."

Josh lends Dad a pair of gym shorts that tie around the waist, and they walk out onto the beach.

"Mom?"

"It's fine, Jenny. Let them work things out."

When Dad and Josh return, my dad changes, and my parents leave.

Turning to Josh, I ask, "Well?"

"Well, what?"

"What did you and my dad talk about?"

"All kinds of things." Josh takes my hand and guides me to the couch. I sit next to him, but he has other things on his mind. Josh turns me sideways and has me rest my head in his lap, so I put my feet up on the couch and look up at him. He plays with my hair as he looks at me. I love the feeling of his fingers running through my hair, touching my cheek and my neck. I can't help but smile as we sit together in this position.

"Can you be more specific?"

"Your dad," Josh pauses, "is very determined to have you move back home. He doesn't like the idea of you being in California away from family."

"I know," I say in a depressing tone.

"You have some decisions to make, Jenny."

"I do? Do you mean either moving back to Nebraska or staying here with you? Are you asking me to choose between you and my family?"

"Of course, I'm not. I would never do that to you. But your dad is. And I promised to let you make your own decision and not influence you in any way. You need to decide where to live and work and what you want to do with your life."

"But, Josh!" Fear wells up inside me, and tears form at the corners of my eyes. How can I choose between Josh and my family? That doesn't seem right. Why can't I have both?

"I'm sorry, Jenny. Unfortunately, I can't help you with this. Your dad wants you to take over your family's business finances, and he disagrees that you can do that from here."

Pressing my head into Josh's body, I hear his heart thumping away. It's beating faster than usual, and I feel his anxiety. Or is it my heart? My anxiety? Josh looks sad, as sad as I feel. He wipes the tears away from my eyes with his thumbs. He is so gentle with me...and loving. This is the man I love. There has to be another solution. Taking a deep breath, I tell Josh some of the decisions I've already made.

"Josh, I've already decided to decline my offers back east. They are actually more generous than the offer your company made, but I'll be away from you and my family. I don't want to move back to Nebraska. I want to stay here with you, but how do I do that and make my dad happy?"

"I don't know, Jenny. I thought about building a home for us near here and letting them use this one as a vacation home. That way, they can come out and stay whenever and however long they want. But I don't think that will go over too well."

"No, it won't. That's not the answer."

We sit in silence while Josh caresses me. He thinks he's letting me make my own decisions, but in actuality, he's forcing me to decide what to do with my life. Or is it Dad that's forcing me? I know that I love Josh. I know that he wants to marry me, and I want to marry him. I know that I have a job here. I know that Dad will be angry and feel betrayed if I decide to build a life here. What the hell am I going to do?

"Josh?"

"Yes?"

"This may sound crazy, but what if we bought a house in Ceresco? Not to live in all the time, but visit often, so that my dad won't feel like I've abandoned them?"

"I'm not opposed to that."

He's not opposed to it. I need to find out if Dad will agree to it too. Turning onto my side, I bury my face into Josh's stomach and curl up. Josh doesn't stop caressing me. My hair, my back, my ear, my chin. His touch exudes the warmth and love he has for me.

I'm half asleep when I hear, "Jenny?"

"What?"

"Our parents are coming over for dinner tomorrow night. Can we discuss a menu?"

Shit! I forgot about that! A menu, now? "Dinner...I forgot. Sure." Sitting up, I dry my eyes. Then, grabbing a tissue from the box on the table, I wipe my nose too. "How about we grill some steak and chicken?"

"That sounds really good. But, we'll have to get a barbeque tomorrow because I don't have one."

Josh makes a grocery list on his phone as we discuss the menu. It's getting late, so we decide to finish cleaning up and go to bed.

Josh washes my back in the shower, and when his hands drift around to my front, he grasps my tits. Giving them a squeeze, his fingers focus on my nipples, lightly pinching them. When he pulls on them, there's a twinge that shoots straight to my pussy. I push my ass against him, and his stiff cock gets buried into the folds of my ass. Gyrating my hips, I rub his cock in my crack. When his crown hits my asshole, it tickles and electrifies me. I need to talk with him about playing with my ass...I keep forgetting.

His hands leave my boobs, and he grabs my hips. I push his cock inside me, bend over to get the right angle, and prepare for his thrust. He doesn't disappoint me. He's gentle as he buries himself into me. When his hands firmly grasp my hips, I know what's coming next. Placing my hands on the wall, over my head, I push out to meet him as he fervently fucks me. It doesn't take long for Josh to come. We've been so focused on the drama our lives have become; it seems that sex has taken a back seat. I'm determined to change that.

Josh slips out of me when I turn around and kneel before him. Taking his cock in my hands, I slip it between my lips. Ech! Soap! I rinse his cock to get the soap off and then take him back into my mouth. Yum! Much better! I taste myself on him as I bob my head, taking his cock as deep as I can. I miss the taste of pussy. It's been a long time since I've gone down on a woman, and I miss it. I fantasize about making out with the girl at Esther's party. I never did get her name. Her luscious nipples sitting on those plump tits of hers. Her pussy...her pussy was so sweet; I think about playing with her clit and tongue fucking her. One of my hands slips down to my own clit, and I play with my pussy as I suck on Josh. Fuck! I want to have sex with her again!

RandyGimp
RandyGimp
171 Followers
12