Chapter 8: Runner Runner

Story Info
Attack from above.
4.6k words
4.69
1.3k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 8 of the 27 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 04/02/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A few weeks had passed. Well, what Lindsay called weeks. A seven day division seemed foreign to the Bonat. Everything about the way they numbered weeks and months was. Even the days were longer by at least four hours. She tried to learn it but often found herself falling back to her Earth ways. She'd scratched a crude calendar into the dirt. It wouldn't be accurate - she wasn't even sure what day she'd been tossed here - but it was something.

Most days she wandered aimlessly around the camp while Donil was busy at the hospital. She'd sometimes catch Nol early in the morning, sitting on the logs by the fire after a long shift. Nol never spoke much, but it was nice to have someone she knew around.

One morning, Lindsay was sitting with Nol when she watched a woman go into Sirix tent. A few minutes later she could hear grunting from within. "Ugh, that's the second one today!" Lindsay said in disgust.

"Yeah," Nol said, leaning back. "He's pretty popular with the women here. He could charm a boat out of the mouth of a Desni. You'd better be careful or he'll have you charmed, too."

"Not likely."

Nol threw her head back and laughed. "You watch, Earth girl! He'll have you eating out of his hand."

Lindsay was alarmed. "Well, what about you? You see through him."

"Hey, I said he was charming, but I'm not going to say no to a good morning with him when I need one. Besides, he's the Bona Serat Corsar." She shrugged as if that was enough of an explanation.

Of course, a charming man in power could have any woman he wished and no one would bat an eye. Like so many men, just using women for their own amusement! A fun distraction to start the day. And they didn't mind because it was an honor or something to be with him. "Wait... Is he Finlan's father?" Lindsay asked.

Nol laughed again. "Nah, that's Dolan."

"Which one is Dolan?"

"You know the one with the squarish face and the shoulders that are almost as broad as a door? Skinny, though. Real tall. Never shaves his head, only has it cut short?"

Lindsay thought she remembered. "Yeah?"

"Yeah, he's the one." Nol was smiling, not in her usual way, more sweetly, glowing.

Lindsay grinned. "He's the one or he's the one?"

"Let me be the first to tell you, don't fall in love during a war, Earth girl. Don't even think about it. It makes it harder when they die. But yeah, if we weren't at war, I think I'd want to keep with him."

"You'd give up on Sirix?"

"Nah! Why would I? It's not like Dolan would mind."

Lindsay couldn't think of a reason which irritated her all the more. The only thing worse than a pig was a pig nobody cared was a pig because they could get away with anything, like those rich frat boys at her college who were always getting out of treating girls badly because they were rich. She was glad she'd made her mistakes with them early and those hadn't followed her, unlike her friend across the hall, Leslie, who ended up dropping out her first year because she had a baby. She was still suing for a paternity test!

Over the next week, Lindsay watched a revolving door of women going into and out of Sirix's tent. One afternoon, as she walked past, she saw Donil slip in to the tent. She hoped it was just to deliver a report but, in a few minutes, she heard Donil's happy screams above Sirix's low moans. So Donil was a screamer, just like she was.

She pictured them in there, Sirix on top of Donil, her beautiful long legs wrapped around his waist as he held himself up with those muscular arms she'd glimpsed when he left the tent without his coat. His tight butt shaking as he thrust inside of her, her eyes cloudy with orgasm as her lips opened to release her wails of ecstasy. That scar on his lip shaking as his eyes widened when he grunted as he came. She walked away in disgust, but couldn't help but notice she had grown a good deal wetter.

After almost a month of aimless roaming, she finally approached Donil about something to do. "You'll have to ask Sirix. He takes care of the assignments."

Ugh. She didn't want to ask Sirix. She'd rather not talk to him if she could avoid it, and it wasn't as if he made much of an effort to seek her out. But she was also bored out of her mind. There were only so many laps she could jog around the camp, only so many flaxa fruits she could practice spiking into the woods.

That night she found Sirix sitting alone by the fire, as he often did, staring at the moons. "So you finally got bored," he said, gruffly, as she approached from behind.

She stopped dead in her tracks. "How did you know it was me?" she asked.

"Your shoes, and you shuffle on your left heel when you walk. Well, sit down."

Lindsay sat. "Fine, you're right, I'm bored. Is there anything I can do around here to help out?"

"Hmmm..." he said. One of those horrible creatures that had been drinking her blood scurried through. Sirix grabbed it and bit off its head, tearing the ligaments with his teeth as purple blood spurted out, he chewed thoughtfully as its legs twitched against his large fingers.

"That's disgusting!" Lindsay cried, standing.

"It's just tiktik. What some? Donil tells me you like it."

"That's what a tiktik is? Now I don't!"

"What did you think it was?"

"I don't know... some kind of bird?"

"And that would bother you less?"

"Of course!"

"Why?" He didn't sound at all like he was curious to know why, but as though he were leading her to a point. But Lindsay wasn't sure what point he was trying to make to stop him from winning.

"Because... because we eat birds where I'm from."

"And here we eat tiktiks." He tore the remaining bit of the creature in half at its middle. Its bones crunched as he chewed.

"But they were drinking my blood!"

"All the more reason for revenge. You want the rest?"

"Ew! No!"

"Here, I'll make it easier for you." He took a stick and speared the hind end of the creature, then stuck it over the fire. "I think raw tastes better, but maybe you'd prefer it cooked."

"I'd prefer not to eat it at all," she said as she watched the skin slowly crisp over the fire.

"You can't tell me you're afraid to eat something you've been eating for a month just because you know what it looks like? I thought you were made of stronger stuff than that, Earth girl."

"My name is Lindsay."

"Ah, I see, only certain people are allowed to call you Earth girl. Fair enough. Here, Indsayee." He held out the stick to her.

She sat back down again, taking the stick and examining the crispy critter skewered on the end. "Why do you even care if I eat it or not?"

"Because you need to eat meat to keep your strength up and a lot of the time tiktik is all we have so I can't have you deciding you don't want to eat it just because it disgusts you. It makes you a liability. And if you're going to be a liability, I'd just as soon have you stay over with Donil where she can care for you like one of her pets."

A pet! Lindsay could barely contain her rage. This guy was supposed to be charming?! Maybe to Nol! But ugh! She took the stick and took a big bite out of the creature's hindquarter, chewing it quickly. Then slower. Actually, it wasn't half bad. She swallowed and then took another bite. It was a bit like eating a softshell crab made of duck.

"See, it's not so bad," Sirix said with a smile.

"I still don't see how anyone could say you were charming," Lindsay said through her mouthful of tiktik.

"Who accused me of that?"

"Nol."

"That was nice of her."

"Well, maybe she can find you charming."

"I'm not trying to be charming, Indsayee, I'm trying to save my people. And you, if you'll let me."

"You make it sound like I'm some sort of burden for you to carry."

He stirred the fire. "Show me you're not. The pipes for the hospital are ready, I'd like you to help put them in. That way if anything goes wrong Donil will be there to help."

"She won't need to."

"Big words, but let's see what you can do."

---------------------------------------

"Let's see what you can do," Lindsay muttered sarcastically to herself as she lifted a thick wooden pipe to one of the builders. "I'll show him what I can do! Woah!" Her damaged arm faltered under the weight.

"You good down there?" the woman above called.

"Fine!" She clenched her teeth and focused on her arms, reminding them she was the boss and they would do as she wanted regardless of how tired they were. "My hand just slipped." Her arms weren't ready for this, her body wasn't ready for this, her brain kept reminding her. She'd had a spear put through her a month ago! How could she expect herself to do anything?

Because she was Lindsay Weaver. And if there was one thing she had learned over years of hard work and training, it was that her brain didn't know how far her body could go. When it told her to stop because she was tired, she still had a whole other gear. And this? This was nothing.

Her arm would get stronger, her body would get stronger, but only if she kept going. And she wasn't about to let Sirix have the satisfaction of being right, that she was a burden to be taken care of, like a pet. No matter how tired she got, the thought of a smug smile on those scarred lips made her push through until the hour was done. And then the day. And then the next day. And the next. Until the log pipes became easier to move and carry and she grew more competent in attaching them. Until she had become a part of the team.

"It's amazing!" Donil said. "Thank you all for getting it done so fast!"

"I think you might have a future as a builder," Kalo said, slapping her on the back as they gazed proudly at their finished pipe work. "We've got the space if you'd like to join."

"Really? I'd love to!"

"Then why don't you pack up your stuff and we'll see you back at our camp."

"Sure, I'll be there in time for dinner." She waved as the others left for the showers, leaving only Donil behind, dejection marring her perfect features. "What's the matter, Donil?" Lindsay asked.

"It's nothing," Donil said, quickly walking to the hospital entrance.

"It's not nothing," Lindsay said, following her as they entered the examining room Lindsay once inhabited.

Donil turned on the tap and water flowed. She ran her hand under it. "Look how clear it is."

"I can see how clear it is. Now tell me, what's bothering you?"

"It's nothing. I'm being selfish. You're strong and smart. You should be with the builders."

Lindsay took Donil in her arms and leaned the side of her head against Donil's as she had so many times with Sarah or her old co-captain, Julie, whenever they were upset or stressed out and wanted to talk about it, but also didn't want to talk about it. "There's nothing wrong with being a bit selfish. Tell me what's bothering you. Don't worry, I'll still be your friend no matter what it is."

"I'd just always hoped you'd stay with me and become a healer."

"You know I'm not very good at being a healer. I can't even learn how you measure time."

"I know," Donil looked dejected again.

Lindsay interlaced her fingers with Donil's blue ones. "Hey, how about a compromise? I'll work every day with them and in the evenings, I'll come over and help teach you human anatomy and other Earth things."

Donil's expression could have given the sun a run for its money in brightness. "Really?"

"Of course! Just because I'm making new friends doesn't mean I'm going to forget you. You're important to me!"

Donil rested her head against the crook of Lindsay's neck. "Thank you, Indsayee."

--------------------------------------

"Not so bad for a burden," Lindsay said as Sirix looked over their work at the camp a few weeks later as they enjoyed a dinner of skewered tiktiks roasted over the fire.

"I never said you were a burden," Sirix said as a smirk teased at the side of his mouth.

Lindsay was flabbergasted. "Yes! Yes, you did!"

"No, I told you to show me you weren't one. You were the one who called yourself a burden. But I'm glad you've found your place. Better than batting at flaxa fruits, anyway." He turned and walked away to where Kalo was eating.

She watched as his dark blue leather pants accentuated how tight his butt was just beneath the hem of his similarly made jacket - night patrol clothes, he'd be going out tonight. He frustrated her so much! She just wanted to beat him, to dominate him. She wanted to pull out her ponytail, tear off his clothes, and push him onto the ground and ride his dick hard until he knew she was boss.

Wait- what?

Had that thought really just popped into her head? Fully formed, complete with mental image of his face when he came and the feeling of his hard cock inside of her as she thrust her hips forward and back onto it. Ugh! No! Dispel it! Wash out your brain with soap!

She would be waiting for him when he got back in the early dawn hours, tired and sweaty from a full night of patrolling. She wouldn't say a word, just grab him by the collar and pull him into a hard kiss which he would return and then... she could feel him inside her again as she bounced up and down on top, his large blue hands gripping her thighs, her butt, squeezing. What the hell? Was this his charm? Irritate women enough they wanted to screw him just to take him down a peg?

Wait... had he been watching her while she was spiking those fruits? He really had been keeping a better eye on her than she'd thought. So, he already knew she was well enough to work. Had he already known what job he was going to assign her before she even asked?

On the ground, the grit of dirt digging into her knees, her dark hair flowing back and forth over her shoulders, sticking in her sweat, pounding him into her with the force of her frustration until her head fell back in a howl.

"More flaxa root, please," she said, hoping the fire would hide the flush in her face.

-----------------------------------

The next morning, she jogged to the clearing where Sirix usually went after a night patrol. It was one of the few times during the day he was alone. She saw him with his jacket draped over a log, the metal shields still hooked to the leather straps of his shirt. He picked up a large flaxa fruit, looked at the almost black shell, and tossed it into the woods. "You were watching me," she said.

He didn't even turn. "Was I?" He threw another rotten fruit.

"With the fruit. You were watching me spike them."

"It's my job to know what's happening with everybody under my charge," he tossed another one and glanced over to her, "including you."

"You don't know everything about me."

He eyed her in a manner she wasn't sure how to interpret but that irritated her all the more for that. "I know enough."

"Like what?"

"I know you work hard even when you don't have to. I know you care about others around you. I know you'll push yourself beyond your limits just to prove me wrong." He smiled that infuriatingly smug smile. Then his eyes became soft and he leaned in, so close Lindsay could feel his breath. "I know there must be something special-"

A cry like a wounded cat strangling a baby tore through the morning stillness. Sirix froze.

"They're coming." he said. He grabbed his jacket and began to run toward the camp.

"Who's coming?"

He turned and shouted out, "Climb a tree! Hide!"

"Why?" Lindsay cried.

He grabbed the harpoon from his back and ran back to her, thrusting it into her arms. "Here, take this and hope you don't need it."

"What?"

"Get in a tree! Now!" Sirix raced away, imitating the sound they'd just heard from the forest only it sounded much louder for how close it was. Moments later, the air was filled with the horrible sound. She watched his back as he went, frozen in her confusion.

Move! Her mind told her. She stepped to the right just as a spear buried itself where she'd been. She looked up and saw a lone figure circling in the sky above. A second later, at least thirty more rose from the horizon. "Ohhh..." She released a stream of repetitive obscenities as she sprinted toward the camp, toward the chaos.

Everyone was running. "Get in the trees!" Sirix commanded, waving them toward the forest. "It's a raid!"

The trees! She slung the harpoon on her back and scaled the nearest tree, huddling against the trunk as she watched below.

"Nol! Take the left! Dolan! The right!" The two raced off followed by a number of guards. She saw them shimmy up the trees as easily as walking.

In her mind she saw a spear whistling toward Sirix. "Sirix!" she screamed. "Watch out!"

He turned up just in time to block the spear with his arm shield, causing it to glance off. She could see the dent in the center where it hit. He grinned at her. "Good call, Indsayee!" He grabbed the spear and ran off, up a tree.

Spears rained down on the camp. She heard a horrible cry from a tree near her and a moment later a body of one of the Bonat soldiers fell to the ground with a spear through him.

"Hold!" Sirix shouted. "Hold... hold..."

The Nobillo flew closer. What was that they were carrying between them? It smelled horrible! Like burning garbage! They were flying lower, lower... The first pair dropped one of the things. It exploded in a mass of smoke and flames over the mess tent. More fell, covering the buildings, the trees. She heard screaming. Saw blue bodies burning black in the flames, refusing to let go of their tree though it was alight. The smell was horrid. Tiktiks shrieked as they ran from the woods. The Nobillo dropped below the trees, into the camp.

"Now!" Sirix cried.

A whirlwind of sound filled the air as the Bonat warriors leapt from the trees onto the Nobillo, harpoons ready. She saw Nol stab one through the back as she landed and then another through the throat. The Nobillo tried to alight, some grabbed their spears from the ground and fought. Sirix took out three before her eyes.

"Sirix! On your left!" she shouted.

He turned in time to block one spear with his own.

Nol was fighting her way easily through the fray, her sinewy muscles shining with the blood of the Nobillo. Lindsay could see splashes of gold mixed in with the purplish crimson. It took a moment for her to realize the cut on Nol's cheek was oozing the same golden substance. That was her blood!

All of a sudden, Nol's spear went through the wing of a Nobillo. In Lindsay's mind she could see Nol struggle to free it, the creature twist on her. She saw the horrified shock on Nol's face as it impaled her through her chest, golden blood spraying everywhere.

"Nol! Let it go!" she screamed.

She didn't know why Nol listened, but she did. She dropped her harpoon and, as though in slow motion, Lindsay watched the creature twist to make its lethal thrust as Nol sidestepped out of the way behind the broad winged back like she was dancing. Grabbing the knife from her hip, she turned on her step to face the wide open back and slit the Nobillo's throat, spraying sangria colored blood everywhere.

Nol grinned in Lindsay's direction as she pulled out her harpoon. "Thanks, Earth girl!" she called.

"Earth girl!" one of the Nobillo hissed from nearby. Lindsay hadn't realized there was one so close. Of course. She'd been shouting. Her blood froze within her as the branches of her tree rustled. "Where are you, Earth girl? I can smell you."

She shifted just in time to avoid the head of the alien as it broke through. It stared at her with large white eyes surrounded by a weird puffy flesh, like an eyelid that hadn't properly formed. "There you are!" It grinned, showing two rows of sharp, needle-like teeth as it hopped forward on the branch. "We thought you'd died. The chancellor will be quite glad to know you survived. He'll probably reward me well for bringing you back for the ceremony."

Lindsay brandished the harpoon in front of her. She swung it at him, but he only crept closer. "You stay away from me!"

12