Chapter V: A Hero's Welcome

Story Info
Justin comes home to confront Nestor!
4.1k words
3.33
833
00

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 11/04/2023
Created 12/18/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Warning: This chapter has a particularly violent death scene, and it's not really skippable; it's a major scene for this story, so brace yourselves.

A Hero's Welcome

Justin, Orion and Colmillo stood at the outskirts of the bird village, all three dirty and starving from the long trek they'd endured.

Justin, the proud warrior, allowed himself to shed tears that he would finally feel the embrace of his beloved Kali.

Orion had a worse time hiding his emotions, shaking his friend's shoulders while tears streamed down his small red beak.

Colmillo rolled his eyes at how emotional the birds were getting.

Justin patted Orion on the back, "Come on!"

The three of them began to walk together towards the village.

Bird folk outside their homes saw the trio approaching, at first they were alarmed, then they stood when they recognized their returning warriors.

"Justin is home!" "It's Orion!" "Who's that wolf with them?"

The people all gathered to watch.

It was then Justin began to notice several foxes walking with his fellow birds, trading wares and goods, sometimes just chatting like neighbors.

Orion looked around and took notice of the young hens and drakes standing outside their homes, talking to foxes that came up to them.  He watched one tod follow a young starling into her hut.

Colmillo, meanwhile, found himself the target of many stares.  He was a wolf, so he was much larger than all of these birds.  He saw the foxes, couldn't help staring at the few attractive vixens he passed by.

Justin spoke up, "Apparently, we've missed something."

...

Kali and Maureen were washing themselves following their recent tryst with those two handsome tods.  The foxes paid the both of them generously for the wonderful moment, before Caryn decided she'd take them for a ride.

So while Caryn was getting her rocks off with the young foxes, Kali and Maureen bathed themselves and their children with fresh-smelling soaps sold to them by the various merchants who have passed through.

The flap to their home flew open and a random bird poked their head in, "Girls! Come out!"

Kali looked up, "What is it?  What's all the commotion outside?"

"It's your husbands, they've come home!"

Caryn, still riding one of the foxes, froze as soon as she heard that, "O-Orion!?"

Kali got up, "Justin's back?"

The bird nodded, "Yes, they are right outside!"

 Caryn panicked and toppled off the fox she'd been riding while Kali got up to go outside, disregarding her current lack of clothing.

Justin and Orion stood outside the hut just as Kali came out, wet and naked to the world around her.

Kali saw him and for the first time in her life, she felt weak in her knees.

Justin stepped forward quickly and both jay birds fell into each other's extended arms.

Orion and Colmillo looked on while the reunited mates touched beaks before them.  Orion looked behind them to see his own wife stumble out of the tent, "Caryn!" He chirped loudly.

Caryn heard her beloved, then saw him running for her.  She broke down in his arms as soon as he had his wings around her.

So now Colmillo stood alone in this community of birds, watching his companions reunite with their wives.  He smiled contentedly for them before he saw a pine marten woman exit the same hut.

Maureen glowed especially to see them back together.

...

Minutes later, all six had gone inside to sit around and share stories of what had been happening for both parties.

Justin and Orion were both ecstatic when they were finally able to hold their month-old chicks.  Justin also held Maureen's son and commented on how he had his mother's eyes.

Both Caryn and Kali listened as their husbands spoke of their hard travels back from the mountains.

And the husbands didn't skimp on details, they told of the cabin with Carlyle and his two female friends, and the especially heated awakening they'd had.

The wives took it remarkably well.

Orion blushed especially when he explained how he and Justin had become lovers over the several nights they'd spent alone in each other's arms.

Kali and Caryn both giggled as they let that image run through their horny bird brains.

In turn, the wives told of how Nestor had changed so much around the village.  They told their husbands about the new trade.  They showed them the new cookware they've been using, showed them the gold and jewels they've accumulated from selling food and clothing to travelers.

The husbands were impressed, but not so much when they heard of how the bird folk were required to also sell their sex.

Justin and Orion both listened closely as their wives described the process.

Justin asked, "And have you lain with these travelers?"

Each of the three women nodded, Caryn being the most embarrassed, while Kali spoke, "We did, but only because we were told it was all for the good of the tribe to move ahead and develop.  And... Because we had thought you were dead and.... We had to move on."

Justin contemplated then spoke, "I guess I would be a hypocrite if I would let myself become upset at this... After all, we were unfaithful to you, you beautiful females while we were away..."

Caryn sobbed, "And we, to you...  But I'm not ashamed.  We all did what we felt we had to do to persevere and stay strong for our kids."

Justin nodded, "None of this can be faulted to anyone... Except Nestor."  His expression changed while he held his sleeping son.  "Because of him... We were kept away from you, from our children, to fuel his own goals.  He tricked us."

Colmillo took his turn to speak, "We wolves have always been at peace with you birds, and our prince never hated you, he was as supportive of our truce as our alpha.  Then, he was shot in the back with arrows, by avian arrows."

Justin took his turn, "Nestor set this all up so his father would be killed in the battle, so we would die so we could not protest against these changes.  This is not a way of life, I forgive you, I forgive all you've done in our absence, but we shouldn't be living like this, we should move forward, but there's better ways than selling our bodies."

Maureen spoke, "What will you do then, Justin?"

He thought for a moment, "I'm going to meet with Nestor and the council and we are going to discuss these changes."  He let his wife take little Justin Jr from his hands as he stood.  "Orion, Colmillo, you two will join me!"

Orion was just playing with his daughter when he heard Justin call to him.  He turned a darker shade of red as he let Caryn take Ruby from him.  The cardinal gulped before he got up to join his friend.

Colmillo got up with no hesitation, he too wanted to end this unease placed between their tribes by Nestor's selfish goals.

The three men quickly departed, leaving the wives alone again.

Kali, Maureen and Caryn held each other, happy that their husbands did get to see their children and hold them at last.

...

Nestor was furious when he heard the news.  Everyone in that war party was supposed to die, no one should have come back.  He sent his village's best tribesmen to the mountains to fight the wolves in mid-winter, sent his father to his death for not sharing his vision, all of this should have been clean.

Feroz sat on the bed behind him, feeding Trantor his baby food as he watched his mate rant and curse.

Nestor racked his brain on what he could do to fix this problem.  His plan was working, he was the wealthiest bird in the village and his people were flourishing, his village was evolving, changing for the better.  Now these two, who as warriors held a strong standing among the common folk, the only ones who could protest against his methods, they could undo everything and then his gold; it would be gone.  He held the gold coin that hung over his plumage as he thought hard.

It was then when Justin and Orion came to the chief's hut with Colmillo following right behind them.

Justin called out, "Nestor!  We've come to have some words with you, traitor!"

Nestor heard them, he was no traitor.  He did what he had to to help his people advance.  He got up, "Feroz, leave our son and come with me."

It was times like this the vulture wished he could still voice his own opinions.  He sighed and let his mate's son lie down in his crib.  He took a last look at their bundle of joy before he followed his mate out into the village square.

Nestor stood tall and proud over the blue jay and cardinal as he came out to meet them.  He feigned relief, "Oh, what a relief it is to see that someone has returned from that terrible war."  Even Nestor had to gag at how forced that felt.

Justin held back some real choice words he had for the fake chieftain, "Nestor...  You sent us and our fellow tribesmen to this terrible war because you knew we wouldn't agree to this... travesty you bring upon us.  Telling our wives they have to sleep with travelers for coin?  This is not progressing our people, Nestor.  This is taking us back!"

Nestor stood resolute before them as townspeople started to gather around, "Justin, dear friend, you've only just got here.  You just made it home and you find your wife has been bending over for other males while you fought so hard for her.  I can understand you being upset, if my Vera had strayed... I would have stoned her."  The eagle whose own unfaithfulness drove his Vera to leave the village, stared down the blue jay.

Justin was furious when Nestor went for such a low blow.  Justin and Orion had been gone, their wives believed them dead, he couldn't blame them for laying with other males who wanted to comfort them, but not this... Not degrading themselves for some shiny metals.  Before he could say more Nestor interrupted him, "But please, these are words that should be kept private, let us go inside and calmly talk over these disputes; as your chief, I will take your worries into consideration."

Justin fired back, "Your father was a greater chief than you could ever pretend to be, Nestor!"

That struck a chord with the eagle, but he remained calm, "I said we will take this conversation inside, Justin.  Come in and bring your pet with you too."  He spoke derisively as he looked at the wolf, the only one here who matched him for his height.

Colmillo visibly stung from being called a pet.

Orion calmed him before the two followed Justin inside the chief's hut.

...

Inside, Nestor directed the trio to sit around his new dining table.  His money had allowed him to replace the old tent with this bigger, more structurally sound cabin as his home.  He had actual separate rooms, for cooking, for eating, for resting.  He waited until the three dissenters were seated.

Justin was immediately suspicious, "Nestor, shouldn't the council be here with us?"

Nestor scoffed, "Please, the council of elders has much better things to do than to listen to the petty whimpers of two birds who don't like that their wives were quite content with them gone.  From how they've adapted to this new plan, I'd wager you gave them few thrills to begin with."

Justin knew that was a bold-faced lie and an intentional jab at his pride.  He didn't fall for it, though.

Orion, however, "My Caryn would have never given herself to these other males if she'd even had a hope that I would return."  His feathers ruffled, "You killed us, Nestor!  You tried at least, and you let our wives turn into whores for your own selfish greed!"  He was voicing his true feelings, how betrayed he did feel when he learned Caryn had mated with other males in his absence.  "My Caryn, I love her... I still love her, but now I can never look at her without thinking about those others... Fuck you, Nestor!"

The eagle grinned, he got one to react.  He watched as Feroz came in to listen to the conversation.  The eagle spoke, "At least one of you is being truthful, Orion..."  He leaned forward and he sniffed the cardinal, "But... Hypocrites have no place to speak do they?"

Orion's heart raced.

Justin tried to calm his friend, "Orion, you're only giving him what he wants."

Nestor grinned, "Just like you did for Orion, eh Justin?"

The blue jay glared daggers at him.

The eagle laughed as he embraced his mate Feroz, "Justin... Don't be surprised... We queer feathers have a habit of smelling our own."

Feroz rolled his eyes at his mate's crass words.

Nestor continued to taunt them, "I can understand... You two all alone with none to turn to but each other... And I'll bet you turned tail for him each time, eh Orion?"

The cardinal was beginning to hyperventilate as he allowed the eagle's bullying get to him.

Nestor wasn't playing fair anymore.  He was behaving more like a schoolyard bully than a respectable chief of the people.

Colmillo could no longer take this horrid display, "Enough!  You're all squabbling like pups right now!"

Nestor was for the moment, taken back when the wolf spoke up, but he kept his composure, "Yes... The wolf, I already forgot you were even here.  Please, inform me on something because I'm confused... Why didn't you kill these two?"

Colmillo saw through the eagle's derision, "I wanted to... So much I wanted to slay these birds for slaughtering my people, but a lone wolf is nothing without his pack..."  He looked at the eagle, "Instead, I wished to payback the very coward who sent these loyal soldiers to their deaths.  You!  You are a coward, using these words to take our focus from the real matter.  This is not about your plan, this is about you sending innocent people, mine and your own to a slaughter to feed your own needs."

Nestor didn't like this wolf.  Justin, Orion, he could deal with them, but this wolf who dared speak to him as if they were equals.  He glared at Colmillo, "So... You are like a pet to them?"

Colmillo growled, "I'm no pet!  And stop these tactics, they're not working!"  He slammed the table.

Nestor didn't stop, he only switched gears, "Forgive me... You are not a pet then, you are a puppy...  A loud-mouthed, spoiled puppy whose father likely never spanked you enough!"

Colmillo got up in a fury, "Stop it!  You're doing it again! You're turning this away from yourself, you are behaving like a child!"

Nestor grinned, "Says the spoiled puppy who whines and whimpers at a few jolly jabs."

The wolf squinted at the eagle, "No... You are only taunting me... You are a coward... You don't even lift a weapon, instead you keep using your words... I'm not so easily fooled.  Call me puppy, call me anything, I don't care.  You're still the traitor who murdered your father."

Nestor cracked a bone in his neck, "My father had no vision... He wanted to keep our civilizations separate.  Doing that only breeds hate and distrust between races. Did you not see how easy it was for me to convince him that you wolves had betrayed us?  All I had to do was cut out my own eye, and it got me this!"  He spread his wings proudly to the building they stood in.

Colmillo shook his head, "You disfigured yourself... You're worse than a coward, not even they would stoop that low."

Nestor snorted, "You have not seen me at my lowest... Puppy."  He inhaled, "Feroz..."

The vulture looked up when he heard his name.

Before either Justin or Orion could register their exchange, the vulture was quick to restrain the two of them.

Justin fought futilely against the larger bird, but the blue jay was still weak from his journey back home.

Orion was too ashamed of himself to even fight back.

Colmillo got up to defend them, but Nestor intervened.

The wolf growled fiercely once the eagle was in his way.

They fought while loyal Feroz held the two warriors at bay.

Colmillo was weakened from the travels, but still an equal match for Nestor.

The eagle wrestled fiercely with the wolf, his muscles bulged as he held him back.

Justin and Orion could only look on while Feroz had them against his broad chest.

Nestor sunk one of his claws into the scar on the wolf's cheek, re-opening it and making him bleed.

This hurt the wolf but he still pushed back against the eagle, knocking furniture and dishes over.

Nestor cried out suddenly when the wolf was able to sink his teeth into his collarbone.  "Feroz!" He shouted.

The vulture released Justin and Orion so he could defend his chief.

Colmillo howled in anguish the instant he felt his backside pierced with something sharp.

The fighting stopped then.

Both Justin and Orion had regained their wits just as they saw their friend stabbed in the back with an ornamental spear.

Colmillo stared down at the jagged blade jutting from his lower belly.  He croaked his disbelief before Feroz pulled back, tearing two gaping holes in the big wolf's body and allowing his guts to spill out.

Justin cried out, "Colmillo!"

Feroz was quick to turn the spear on Justin then, stopping the blue jay from trying to help his friend.

Nestor stood with a bloodied shoulder and a fractured collarbone over the dying wolf in front of him, "I never liked you wolves..." He spoke with such venom, none of his playfulness from before evident in his speech now.  "All you mammals disgust me, quite frankly... Filthy, flea-bitten, primitive beasts... You're the ones holding us birds back from evolving, from being greater.  You flaunt your riches, you build your cities... Then you laugh at us while we struggle here in the wilds.  But... Your females are quite an eyeful aren't they, Justin?"  He looked at Justin with the vacant expression of a sociopath.

Justin knew he spoke of Maureen.  Justin had slept with Maureen, had the opportunity to get to know the pine marten over the few months that she was in his home, in his bed, giving herself freely to him and to Kali.  He had come to love her just as much as his own wife.

Nestor laughed with some pain in his voice, "Yes... Your weasel bitch... I can't lie... I've thought of having her bend for me myself..."  He walked towards him until he felt a paw grab at his thigh.  He looked down and Colmillo was holding onto him.  The eagle looked down at the pitiful wolf as his intestines hung from his torn belly, "You're not dead yet?"  He scoffed, "You fucking fleabags are so damned resilient." He kicked the wolf off of him.

Colmillo fell on his back, gasping air before he looked up.  He saw Nestor's foot coming down.

Nestor crushed the canine's windpipe under his heel, ground it deeper so he made the wolf puke frothy blood before he eventually stopped struggling.

Justin cried in despair, "Colmillo..."

Nestor turned, then kicked Justin, catching the jay bird in his breastbone.

Justin fell over, bruised and winded.

Orion spoke, "Nestor... You can't kill all of us."

Nestor looked down at Orion, "I don't have to..." He looked to Feroz, "Watch them... I'll be right back."  Then, he went into his private sleeping quarters while Feroz held his spear on the two birds, still stained in Colmillo's blood.

Orion held his injured friend, "Justin... What do you think is going to happen?"

Justin held his ribs, "I don't know..."

Nestor came out, "I have it." He stepped forward, "Here..." He presented to the pair, "The Black Feather of Past Kings."

Justin was aghast, "You're labeling us traitors!?  You fucking monster!  You're the only traitor here!"

Nestor twirled the dreaded black feather in his claws, "But you are the ones who allied yourselves with our wolven enemy and brought one here to assassinate me."

Justin stared in disbelief, "Lie!  The people will see through that lie!"

Nestor grinned, "It's all perspective really...  Feroz, would you say their wolf attacked me unprovoked?"

The vulture nodded coldly.

Nestor groaned as he held his wounded shoulder, "The evidence is clear that their wolf tried to kill me?"

Justin shouted, "He was trying to defend us, his friends... And you let him bite you."

12