All Comments on 'Charity Begins Next Door'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 1,512 Comments (Page 12)
fireman527fireman527over 2 years ago
Tear Jerker!

Excellent story, great character development with a very realistic story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars....every time I reread it!

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Awesome!! Both love this story and sit here with tears in eyes. I may be a grizzled old asshole but reading this story cuts deep, bringing back memories of losing a sweet little 4-year-old granddaughter. She would be in her mid 20's now but this story still evokes memories - both good and bad ........

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

good story, life is implacably uncaring about your troubles and issues etc. Not everyone makes it back to their feet, much less continue the good fight and thrive, finding love, family and happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ya, not cryin

jskin78jskin78over 2 years ago

I’ve read this more than a dozen times and every time it’s hits so hard. The feelings this generates is something else.

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

Really takes you through the depths of human emotions, great character development. An easy 5 ⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really beautiful story.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureover 2 years ago

Touching, been there and enjoyed your version of a way to work through the struggle. Maybe in life it doesn’t happen as quick but I can relate to dealing with the “Laziness of grief,” CS Lewis; with hard work helping others and sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Are we all agreed that this story is capable enuf to make a stand out movie script? Preferably not a Hallmark presentation...?

To improve upon this potential prize winning movie script we could possibly have another famous Literotica work tie up (as a prequel) with this tale and have Alex and Denise from here be replaced by Jim and Linda from "February Sucks"!

As the prequel transitions into this sequel in the composite movie adaptation, we'd have Jim and Linda separated amicably, coparenting their two kids, and moving onwards towards a reconcilated marriage, the sort evidenced in a majority of the Feb Suks versions (goes without saying the Eric character in this story will need to be dropped).

And then during that short separation between them and just before their inevitable (post-Christmas) reconciliation, Linda and their children and probably Dee while on their way to visit Jim would have that inevitable accident from this plot. Things'd then progress into the preliminary tragedy of this story.

Any takers before i myself step in and try and possibly have a dismal go at penning this composite movie script?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Best story on Literotica. I hope you've posted it in other places as well

Thwacksy058Thwacksy058over 2 years ago

5 Stars doesn’t seem enough , Damn fine story it brought a tear or two .

BeneTleilaxBeneTleilaxover 2 years ago

Fantastic, that was a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hate this story, every page made me cry

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars only because i cant give it 10 .. just as good reading the second time as the first time a long time ago....bitter sweet tears .. well written 😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful story touched with incredible pain and suffering until the glow of life brings the warmth of love and family to those lost in hopelessness❤️

I suffered many misty moments until my heart was full again.

Thank you for sharing from your heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm 77 yrs old and you brought me to tears and I thank you for that. This was a story of much heartbreak for him, Sandy & Erica. Then you brought us readers into a much happier time for them. You are indeed an artist with a great talent. Please keep your stories coming.

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

Excellent story. My second reading and every bit as good as the first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Same as SDN1955. Excellent..... No, beautiful story. Second reading too. I actually knew a similar incident to this some decades ago, during the Vietnam War. What was portrayed in the Mel Gibson movie, "We Were Soldiers", about war widows and wives' support groups was a real thing. Even knowing something is a possibility still does not prepare one for the reality of sudden loss. And the awkwardness of social circles that don't quite know what to say, never having experienced that loss. Or not really understanding the WHY of such things. Some recover, and some never really do. I will never write about those memories, but if so would hope to write it this well. So, well done, Tx Tall Tales!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is one Christmas story I'll never forget, and written superbly. Great work!

gilfurgesgilfurgesover 2 years ago

Thanx man. That was amazing 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm all sorts of impressed! Not overly happy about all the bloody tears though haha. Great story and really enjoyed it thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great story and very well written!!

doitmyway1945doitmyway1945over 2 years ago

One of the best ever for me!! I've read it several times. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

TTT - what an amazing tale, a far cry from your regular fare. Any man who is a father can relate to your story. I'm not ashamed at all the damn tissues I went through. Thank you for a story not only for the season, but also for anytime. A wonderful gift would be a companion story.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best I've read here. A perfect combination of backstory and follow up. The tale is sad at first but with that wonderful redeeming happiness at the end. Just enough good sex to keep it hot but not so over the top like so many stories can be. An excellent read. Well done.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

this is like the third time I have read this story still brings tears to my eye .I seem to find it every year about this time well done .

davezqdavezqover 2 years ago

Handled the complexity of emotions quite well. Craftsmanship top-notch throughout. The things that Erica says in the last scene had me crying along with the protagonist. Maybe I'm a softie. But it still was a fine piece.

Purple_Squirrel19Purple_Squirrel19over 2 years ago

I never dreamed of stories in this site would make an old grown man cry like a baby. So touched. And I read on the best time of the year too. 8/12/21

No words beyond this.

Enjoyed and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

glad to see im not the only one who had tears

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Super! 5 stars +++++. Melted my heart. Thanks for writing good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved the story - cried a lot. We are Human and Alive and Care!!! It is real to many of us who suffered a similar "loss", and "moved on"/"recovered".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Xmas LOVE

Sorry I can't give it a 10, because I can hardly see thru my tears! s/s JustJ.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

i'm not crying you're crying so well done thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's a better story the third read. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm 73 and had tears in Eyes 90% of the story! Words can't explain how this made me feel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good job, I'm crying, happy now? Fuck you and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A huge roller coaster of emotions... Absolutely loved it... Lots of Love Erica, and Allora & Brianna Rest in peace

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I skipped the "hot spots" and read the story to my family. It's in the author's blood to tell captivating stories. I hope more stories come out of his pen.

AlanDavidAlanDavidover 2 years ago

First story I’ve ever commented on. Very emotional. Yes, it brought tears to my eyes. I just don’t think happiness can be reclaimed so quickly after such catastrophic loss. In reality it’s usually a longer mourning period. Sure, in stories, TV and movies it happens but I believe in real live mourning leaves scars that take longer to heal. But it was a good emotional story. Congratulations. You’ve earned my 5 stars. Merry Christmas & Happy New Years on this New Year’s Eve 2021

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It doesn't matter how often I read this , the holiday season would be lacking if I didn't read "Charity". Thank you TTT!

somewhere east of Omaha

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Writing was good. Story was excellent. Brought a tear to he old oldiers eye. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As I sit here, in my house, with my best friend barking to go out . Reading this story hit so close to home. First christmas i gave no presents, had no one to talk to, but my pup, Going through boxes to see if i can make the interior of my house presentable if someone were to come by.

i found this story bringing out emotions I try to bury so no one sees. My heart aches as my children wont come by or even send a text wishing me a Merry Christmas. How I miss the grandchildren so much. Yeah it hurts. But then I have realized my pup fills some of the emptiness. Sixth xmas since my father passed. First xmas since that i didnt spend time at his resting place.

Pain is everywhere and your story reminded me that it could be worse.

Now I need to go find a towel to dry these soaking wet eyes.

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You're a good writer in this story was developing beautifully. I apparently felt horrible for the man as well as the woman.

And then the story went to hell with page after page of basically pof basically porn through most of chapter 4 in the chapter 5 of this section.

I'm going to go under another story I'd really just can't take any more of it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I cannot believe the way this story affected me. I rated it a 5, but that does not do it justice. There are two stores on Lit that really pulls at the heart strings. This one, and “ bringing Carrie home”. If you haven’t read it, I highly suggest you do. Thank you, Tall Tales, for this wonderful story!

Tall78701Tall78701over 2 years ago

Long, but very, very sweet. I saw the happy ending coming ... but it couldn't end any other way.

Quarterback11Quarterback11over 2 years ago

Great story. Emotional and warm. Awesome idea man. Keep it up. Stories like this is why you are one of my favorites on this site. 5 stars and 6 if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a beautiful story. Pain is faced and expressed, not denied. The importance of family, friends, and neighbors is explored and proven. It is well written, and worthy of being remembered and re-read. Well done!

daves_not_heredaves_not_hereover 2 years ago

10 stars!!! Great story!

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

What a huge success! Almost twelve hundred comments and counting. In all my years here I've never run across this many. My first wife died when we were both 39 years old. At the time I had three sons; 15-, 13- and 11-years old. That first Christmas was much like this (except NO sleepover).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
A. Great Christmas Gift

Tex you knocked it of the park again! There are writers and there are story tellers, you are a story teller!

I enjoyed very much!

Dave

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

glad he found happiness. I was shocked at first at how he had top ay so much in support and even bumped it up yet she had a new guy living there who could help supportive girls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story, and beautifully written. 5 Stars.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 2 years ago

#??? reread, I reread this about every other recommendation...after loosing my youngest son after almost two months (born 12.07.09) and my best friend/wife of almost 27/26 years in 2017...this hits in all the right ways.

10/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh Lord. This story brought me through a wide range of emotions. Thank you for this. I'm glad I saw it through

Allegedly_LiterateAllegedly_Literateover 2 years ago

Such a sweet story. After such a great loss on both sides and finding companionship. Talk about perfect fit. I think this is the one time a meddling neighbor was on point. Thanks to Miss Cathy. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really liked it. it brought the characters to life, will be reading it again

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn you are not supposed to write stories like this

rn2711rn2711over 2 years ago

I agree with Tilan, cried like a baby.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a rear jerker, beautiful to read and participate in the story with them all, in one word BRILLIANT.!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How wonderful it was that, while you were saving them, they were saving you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brilliant.

A story to make up for all the bad stuff in this world.

coyote62coyote62about 2 years ago

Dam I couldn't help but cry thru the story. It touches so many strings of the heart. Thank you. Needed this today!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, just wow. This was a great story. Literotica version” it’s a wonderful life”

Thank you for sharing it. 5 stars!

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

Real men don't cry! Whoever said that hasn't read this story. Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great, great story... had my eyes tear up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! Incredibly touching story. I was in tears the whole way through.

Absolutely loved it.

LooselyhumanLooselyhumanabout 2 years ago

This should be a movie. 5/5

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 2 years ago

I have lost track of how many times I have reread this. It hits just the same each time. A perfect story. Thanks

olddave51olddave51about 2 years ago

I don't know how many times I have read this but this old man gets his tear ducts cleaned every time. The fact that the exes got along my second ex is finally nice to me (grandchild kind of does that to you

I'd like to share this with my family BUT I need a PG version I would give this 20 stars if I could!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

2nd time is as good as the first.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 2 years ago

Heartfelt, great storie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was one great story, 2 people severely damaged finding love. I felt the emotions so much, this ol' man had to stop reading to wipe a few tears. Thank you so much for this beautifully well told story. 5 stars. -- Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love it you make me emotional many time thanks for this beautiful story ❤️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This might be the only story you've ever written without any of the following: a wife that's a cheating slut, a son that betrays his father, a piece of shit that fucks other men's wives, or a wimpy cuck that lets people run over him. No shock it's the only one I really like.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding!!!! 5 stars at the very least

Ramjet57Ramjet57about 2 years ago

Second time reading this, Still a good feeling story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Still, after 2 readings, one of the best ever. Deeply moving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Swine! You made me cry.

45ACPTo45ACPToabout 2 years ago

Very nice. Great pacing and story development.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story will be added to my personal list of favorites. When two people find themselves after losing the reason and will to continue thru life it means so much more than just physical satisfaction. Yes, I know it's part of the LW tradition but this was a fantastic story that was almost spoiled by the sexual content; although Alex's description of Sandy was very erotic and a memory recharge for those of us who have caught a quick look down the front of an attractive woman's blouse or under her skirt.

Recommendation: never rip the wires out of the phone or wall. To shut the damn thing off just follow a wire to the receiver or to the phone cradle (old fashioned phones); find and squeeze the little plastic clip and unplug the POS. Getting those four skinny wires reconnected is a real pain even if you have an idea of what you are doing. So save the repair cost of a telco tech service call.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've read several of your stories, and I liked this one the best. You really are a good writer when you want to be.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Yes! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cried.

I don't do that often.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome I really liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You nailed that one ,when my wife died that was me to a tee.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've read it three times.

greenking13greenking13about 2 years ago

I came to literotica for the porn, not the crying.

Fucking hell, why can't I stop crying?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Tragedy with porn? Don’t think so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm not crying, you are.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Again...⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loss at the holidays is horrible, no they are never the same as holidays before, but it gets better. I know it does. but then you notice it's a little better and then you feel guilty about that. Fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is such a good tale, a mix of emotions. As a father of a daughter I don't know how I would deal with a loss like that. Thank you for your tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the best that I have read made me smile and cry x

1...1011121314...16
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

SIMILAR Stories