All Comments on 'Charity Begins Next Door'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 1,517 Comments (Page 9)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice....

Very nice, you really touch me man.....thanks a million.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Very well written and well thought out story. Brought a tear to my eyes. Thank you.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 6 years ago
great story

One of the very few, maybe the only story on this site, that made me tear up. A very tender story of 2 people struggling to help each other through terrible times. This was the second time for me reading this tale, and I cried both times. Thank you for a great story five star.

arzurimaidenarzurimaidenabout 6 years ago

It's already past Christmas and I don't even celebrate it. But this is an incredible read and heartwarming story any time of the year!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
fantastic !!!

Very wonderful story!! Excellent story telling!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Tear up is right

You have real talent

TanhorsTanhorsabout 6 years ago
Can't favorite this

It's not because it's not good enough, but because it is not a story we would read again. It got a five star rating from us and would have been more if we could give more. Just letting you know, if not for it's stance as a one time read, we would favorite it.

Thank you,

Tanhors and family.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
Third time reading it, first time i made it all the way thru

I knew it would have a happy ending, but it was just too hard to get thru the first couple of times. If you haven't lost someone close to you around Christmas Time, you can't really appreciate how truly, like the story said, "Bitter Sweet", it can be.

Regardless, the story moved me and like only a few stories before this, rated a 5 with me. Only because I couldn't give it a 6 or higher.

Well done, very..... Well done. Thank you.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 6 years ago
I don't mean to complain...

But I think this story is categorised wrong, it's less "romance" and more "pain/loss". I understand that there isn't really a suitable category for it but, it's so damn hurtful to get through. I felt for the couple all the way through.

It's really well written and emotionally draining so you know it's engaging but it's more a story of shared loss and finding someone with whom you can share your pain with rather than a romantic story. Two broken people trying to get back to living.

LILMISSCARMEN40LILMISSCARMEN40about 6 years ago
Wow

What a great story. You have a gift for writing. You really captured the emotions of every part in the story. I was balling my eyes out from the moment of the accident all the way to the end. Keep writing, this is your thing.

FuturemusicFuturemusicabout 6 years ago
Very good

Inspiring, sensitive. Carry on please.

WayPast21WayPast21about 6 years ago
Brilliant delivery

I'm sorry you could write that so well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I'm a grown ass man.

This was beautiful but, I don't appreciate you making me cry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Review

From heartache and pain to romance and love,

Beautiful.

More please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Pain of memories of loved ones

This is very very realistic one. Loss of daughters is too much for anyone to bear. I almost cried thinking about the rest of life after the death of his daughters. I again cried when he remembers the fighting of his daughters at the dining table. So much emotional. Good that he found his family and happy world back.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
I guess I needed a good cry...

... ‘cause I came back to read this. Must be fifth or sixth... or seventh time. I know what’s coming up, but when the imagery shows up within the text it all gels, and I can see and “feel” what’s going on. The sex scenes, of course are good (duh it’s TTT), but the conversation with Cathy made me smile, the scene painting the door made me laugh, and under the Christmas tree, when Erica said the framed picture was daddy looking down from heaven, and the poster at school had an angel Allora, had me near balling (yeah, emotional time right now with my parents).

Thanks again TTT.😭

Theakston58Theakston58about 6 years ago
Beautiful

Just beautiful... thank you!

Theakston

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Jesus. .....

Why do I cry EVERY time I reread this. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I love you my pain

I enjoyed it so much....I had a very bad breakup...after relation of 4 years...and reading this made me cry...broken hearts can help ease pain of others....nothing can be more beautiful..

sleeplessinVAsleeplessinVAalmost 6 years ago
Wow

Wonderful story, on many levels. Deeply moving. It's not the first thing I look for when coming to this site, but it's still a wonderful story. You have a gift, that's for sure!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
It's Been A While

This still brings a tear to my I. I compare it favorably to Oshaw's Grief, one of my all-time favorites.

I really miss TTT, hope that he can someday find his way back here, in the meantime I wish him all the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
hard christmas memories

i really enjoyed your story. i lost my little girl three years ago and still miss her. she was 45 but still our greatest joy, thanks so much.

BVMLoverBVMLoveralmost 6 years ago

Quite a story encompassing a wide array of emotions. You have a considerable talent!

JJ1954JJ1954almost 6 years ago
5*

Any story that can bring a genuine tear to my eye has to be right up there.....my first 5 on this site...well done

JJ

dikupinyadikupinyaalmost 6 years ago
BRAVO

thats all i can say about it bravo keep up the ood work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
BitterSweet but,Wonderful!

Such a well-told tale of ultimate loss and the long road back. Loved little Erica's insights on Christmas morning! This is one of the better stories I've read at literotica. 5+

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Masterpiece!

Came for the sex but stayed for the feelings! Lovely story that had me crying fro beginning to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It's so true!

It's so true that the fastest way to get over one's misery is to help someone less fortunate than one's self! Thank goodness for neighbors like Cathy who let Alex see beyond his pain and help another family suffering!

Alex and Sandy helped to heal each other. Their raw emotions were healthy, painful and healing. You captured a sad glich in life and showed the strength and resilience of the human spirit! I've read this story twice and still find it poignant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story

A magnificent story that tugs at the heart strings. Tone down the sex part and this would be a great story for young and old. You really did yourself proud on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Ditto, Anonymous 7/21/18!

"Came for the sex but stayed for the feelings! Lovely story that had me crying fro beginning to the end."

Well done. I'm cynical, and don't like people. Having said that, I finished off a box of tissues. Felt "real".

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Should have been in Romance

Great story but perhaps the wrong category. Nonetheless a 5* story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story....

Just a great well told tale.

Thanks.

Tigger_LillyTigger_Lillyover 5 years ago
Beautifully told tale....

Love your writing style. Thanks for including such real life issues in the romance of it all, and Merry Christmas!

Ciao,

Angel

GoldDust0402GoldDust0402over 5 years ago
God damn you

I hate kids, I hate angry fucking, and by god if I don't hate all this "oh they're in heaven now" bullshit too, but it's my second fucking time reading this story and I'm in actual goddamn tears. So fuck you for making my cold, dead heart feel things. 5/5.

frazodfrazodover 5 years ago
Damn

Wish you were still writing. I should have waited another month and a half to read this, but I didn't. Still 5 stars (my previous rating didn't take?).

Thank your for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Prickly!

Prickly problems, prickly people, prickly responses, in fact a lot of prick in the last pages, especially the prickly five pointed things this effort deserved!

Enjoyed it, well crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Better than Miss Saigon

WOW! laughed and cried in equal measure, laughed at the inevitable way the story was going, laughed at how it was possible to weave some erotica into such a sad tale, but cried and cried, tears streaming down my cheeks, absolutely loved it.

Shades of "Miss Saigon" you could telegraph the ending and the sound of heartbroken sobbing throughout the theatre.

Keep writing

Rake456Rake456over 5 years ago
Still holds up

First annual re-read, and this still makes me cry. Wish you'd more of this type of stuff!

RexynjRexynjover 5 years ago
Yes, love to re-read and cry a bit on this

Yes, love to re-read and cry a bit on this

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Thank you

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
Christmas

all ways read this 1 at Christmas . Christmas is supposed to be cheerful , but this is my 7 th after losing my bride of 27 yrs .this story all ways brings it back on what you lose when your best friend is just with you in sprit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sad Story

With a brilliant happy ending. Good! Well written, and I really don't like unhappy stories, BUT....! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome story....

I am a father of four children, now grown with their own children and grandchildren. I am proud to have shared each Christmas with my bride of over fifty years, I know how important Christmas is. You really need a family to celebrate.

subguy65subguy65over 5 years ago
Very good

The depth of emotion you elicited in the first few pages, really dampened any erotic response though. It was a great story, well written, so very very sad though. Hard to be aroused after that depth of feeling. The sex made perfect sense, and fit well, but it was hard to enjoy it.

linnearlinnearover 5 years ago
Absolutely Beautiful

That was one emotional ride for me. Death especially a child's tears me apart but the way you tell this story should set a very high standard for other authors.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 5 years ago
Wow!! Very bittersweet story

Christmas always was my and my families favorite holiday. We always went all out for the favorite traditions of the past. My wife was born on Christmas and that always added more to our favorite time of the year. Her name was Mary Christine. (Merry Christmas). Kinda neat eh? We had 43 Christmas celebrations together before she died. I haven't had a Christmas since then over 3 years now.

Your story is brilliant and gets a true box of Kleenex rating!! Thank you very much for your loving story. KUDOS!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Absolutely Excellent

What a deep, poignant, but ultimately uplifting story. I continue to be amazed at the quality of writing that’s present on, of all things, a sex story website.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Sad then uplifting and what a beautiful romance

Then comes joy

5 stars

Enjoyed immensely

zipp61zipp61about 5 years ago
3rd time

I've read it three times still brings me to tears

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 5 years ago
Sappy ending

Woman desperately poor fall in love and have gratitude sex with male savior. Oh, and the child or children facilitate. I’m so tired of the trope. Other than that, good that the adults get along, and good story up to the christmas bit

Chilleywilley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

This story was truly a work of art. I don't think I have ever been so moved by any story on the website. Really great work.

litrdr460litrdr460almost 5 years ago
AGREED A GREAT WORK OF

ART.

THANKYOU

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is an amazingly well-written story.

The characters are real, their dialogue is natural, and you make them come to life, as though the reader is there with them. I hope to read more of your work in the future!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really ?? Bitter comments..WTF

Apparently people writing sorry ass comments never lost someone close. Hope it never happens to them, as they will discover that life continues on.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
Five Stars are just not enough!

It has been nearly nine years since I last read this story. I'm still without words to adequately describe what a fine story it really is. As my old friend, Rehnquist, so aptly put it: "You are the master." Thank you again for sharing such a talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Terrific

One of the best stories I have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thanks for the tears

I wonder is it me depressive or are your stories so easily able to affect me ?

Lori_the_HoosierLori_the_Hoosieralmost 5 years ago
I tried not to cry

Didn't succeed, though. Thank you

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
No Criticisms Here

Not one. Lost my daughter to cancer some years ago. One of the sweetest stories I have read in a long, long time and I'm not ashamed to say I had to stop numerous times to wipe my eyes. To the nay sayers hope you never have to go through this, parents should never have to lose a child. Thank you from SA. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

I stumbled onto this one for the third time. Hits so close to home and will read it again for sure!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
unexpected way to tell

the story was sort of unexpected in the way it runs

and the rhythm changes unexpectedly which was what kept it very enjoyable

thx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing Story

Very moving and warm story! Tugs at the heartstrings! Well written with the right kind of emotion! Loved it! My own emotions reacted!

Thanks for this one!

duketduketalmost 5 years ago
What a great story, truly...truly

The characters walked and talked, I could see them. The emotional content was palpable. For every sentense I read, I had to read more. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story, beautifully written

Yeah, I don't have much else to say.

Except maybe dedicating 20% of the text to one sex scene was perhaps a bit much.

Overall, well done! 5/5

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 4 years ago
2nd time I've read this.

As soon as I started reading it I remembered the story but I couldn't stop. It's a great story, a little maudlin in places and makes me tear up but that's the mark of good writing I suppose. Forcing the reader to empathise with the characters and their plight. Anyway, I just wanted to say, thanks for this story and all the others you've written that I've appreciated but never commented on.

silverfoxnmsilverfoxnmover 4 years ago
Grate writing.

Tough to read at times, sad but also terrific. Great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pleasant story, but...

....as hokey and hackneyed as you'll EVER find. This man should be venerated. Let's just skip that stage and just him sainthood immediately! I gave it a 3, in noting its similarity to Miracle on 34th Street.

l_bentonl_bentonover 4 years ago
excelent read

great job

real hard to read but you made it real.

thank you very much

lbentonlbentonover 4 years ago
Heart-breaking

Wanderfull heart breaking story with a great ending....... brovo

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stellar

This should be on Kindle not Literotica, no offense to the site of course.

JeanCFNMJeanCFNMover 4 years ago
You b***ard

Came for some sex and got a bloody good read instead.

Sobbed my eyes out for half of it but couldn't stop.

TarlosoTarlosoover 4 years ago
Superb

I'm red eyed, and that was a great story..thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
superb writing!

I have not been drawn to a story like that ever. yes, I cried quite a bit. and Im a guy. made it very real!! by far the best story I think I've ever read. awesome!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Whoa. Totally not what I expected. What a great read. I totally didn’t expect to cry on this site.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 4 years ago
Your story has become a Christmas traditon for me...

I like to read your story before Christmas because it helps to remind me of the many people who have lost loved ones and the impact of the holidays...this is especially so for those of us who have lost children. Thanks for this and many of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Brilliant

The emotion from this, it's a work of art. Wasn't expecting to get gut punched in the feels here. You alright OP?

Horseman68Horseman68over 4 years ago
So Good.

Second time reading. As enjoyable as ever pulling the right emotions. Bravos

rodryder44rodryder44over 4 years ago
Very Satisfied Reader

Great Christmas story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I have to get the tears out mof my eyes!

Well written, beautiful sentimental, I just LOVED it!! ThankYOU!!

Buzios1971Buzios1971over 4 years ago
Lovely story

What a rollercoaster of emotions! Well written, lovely tale. Have a Merry Christmas!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Excellent story!! Really enjoyed reading it.

CooperEssCooperEssover 4 years ago
Great story

It’s a bittersweet story, but I loved the people and how they developed.

Thank you for sharing this great story 👍🏼

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic Story

Very well written.

Perhaps a reminder to all of us that far too many people could use a

little bit of help at times.

Not just now, but all year !

10 stars or whatever the highest rate is !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
T.T.T. has the habit of writing the best stories.

This was another of your excellent tales and I marvel at your continued way of holding ones interest. I've read many and a good many with a half chapter of 'copy & paste', and on the last page: "to be continued" and never come back. Your stories put the reader in the position of the main character and all the feelings they go through. You have been one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An amazing story!

You have a huge talent. I've read a lot of stories here and that was by far the best.

Merry Christmas!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Merry Christmas, through wet eyes

Tx, I think that you remind us through crafted words that the hurts we feel can be overbearing if we let them, we can always see others that are in pain and need if we only would allow ourselves to stop our pained retreat, we can help ourselves by helping others.

LVGirlLVGirlover 4 years ago
A Christmas Tradition

This story always makes me cry. Even so, I read it every Christmas.

Thanks, Tx Tall Tales - you’ve brought me great happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
deeper than expected. (No Pun)

Properly crafted people and a grasp of emotions not often seen in erotic literature. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks. I cried. So well written - as always.

Hope we each can take the sharing and caring message and do some ourselves.

oldtwitoldtwitover 4 years ago
Very well written

Very well written, lot of thought has gone into this, nice characters and story line, not enough sex for me.

xavierwxavierwover 4 years ago
This is The Most HATED...

FIVE I've ever given!!!

It struck a bit too close to home for me and between the enormous humidity here in AZ that seemed to make it so misty while I was reading, I found myself feeling, and thinking and reveling in the many and well-expressed sentiments, memories and emotions (and yes; LUST IS an emotion!) your very well-crafted words elicited.

Thank you for this story. I will certainly read any others you've written. And you BETTER not STOP anytime soon!! ;-)

(Great job!)

X-Man

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 4 years ago
Great story!

This was my second read of this story and I had tears in my eyes again for parts of it. Excellent job and thanks for writing.

5*

Bh76Bh76over 4 years ago
Wow

This was my 4th read and I tear up every time. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You've always been good but...

I am writing this totally bawling my eyes out, having loved every minute of your story. You nailed the hatred Sandy had for Alex. You nailed the dismissive nature Alex had for himself and for others after his loss. Most people have been kicked in the guts at one point or another, and you brought that feeling right back, but in a cathartic way...not a bad one.

Wow. I don't cry, and I'm still freakin' crying.

Thanks, I think.

That was really good. You are one crazy good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Red, Read, So?

This is one of my favoites ... Yep!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

Outstanding story. Thank you.

PrinzmettlePrinzmettleover 4 years ago
Beautifully done!

I echo what Anonymous 02/14/20 said. Brought tears to my eyes and really told the stories of loss excruciatingly well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Keeps Getting Better

I've read this six or eight times and it seems to get better every time. Thank You Tx

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
ABSOLUTELY TOP 10....

The pain is palpable. So much loss and anguish. So very beautiful that 3 broken souls get healed. The story could have been shorter because the graphic sex was so unnecessary to really tell the story of redemption. There may never be another story that conveys the raw emotions of this one. BRAVO!!

1...7891011...16
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

SIMILAR Stories