Charlotte and Jessica Ch. 02

Story Info
Our future. Life throws a curve ball and I swing.
9.4k words
4.68
3.4k
7
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Our future. Life throws a curve ball and I swing.

By Aoife

A/N - Welcome to the second chapter of this series. I do hope you enjoyed the first chapter which for those who haven't, I recommend you do. It will allow you to understand our characters and their arc. Charlotte and Jess are both career focused and passionate about life, good whiskey and bourbon, and love.

Please note, our protagonist faces a mental health challenge in this chapter but through love, understanding, communication, and action, the incident is effectively resolved.

Any mistakes you find belong to this old woman. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Your comments or constructive criticism, or any offers of help with the editing process are always welcomed.

I hope you all enjoy it.

~~~

I woke up feeling Jess breath on my skin. Her left hand moved from my side up, caressing the side of my breast, then to my shoulder, then down my arm and back to my scared side.

She wiggled her hips and pressed her sticky, sexy, and erotic womanhood against my hip. She kissed the base of my throat and continued up, coming to stop short of my lips.

"Me darlin' wishing you the happiest of birthdays today." She whispered then kissed my lips.

I shivered as I savored the taste of my nectar which was dried on her lips. I wrapped my arms around her then lifted my left leg, looping it over her, in essence trapping her against my body.

"I love you more than ever Jess. I never want to let you go."

We kissed again. "But I still need a shower." I giggled. We both started laughing like little girls.

"Hmm" I heard Jess sniffing. She joked, "Yes you do, me darlin' lover."

I playfully slapped her shoulder, "Hey you!"

We giggled some more. It was then her hand moved down my legs. She giggled again.

"And these" She slid her hand down my thigh. "These are a disastrous mess, me lover. But fear not, I will clean you and give you the shave you need."

I kissed her. "I have a reason now. You are the woman who is so special to me and I am deeply in love with, who loves me as well."

~~~End of Chapter One~~~

The summer dragged on like a sloth or a caterpillar. This summer was slower than one I have ever experienced. First, there was one injury, that player put on the IL, then a second injury. Ugh! Another IL listed. When the third came along with the announcement of season ending surgery, the fate of the season was sunk. The club was not going to make the playoffs.

Lou had reminded us earlier in the week that we were all working Friday night, it was the season finale fireworks night and it was expected to be a sellout. Families and kids love baseball and fireworks. I just cringed and plugged along with ads and commercials associated with the new marketing strategy that Lou had assigned me.

I worked the games as needed, but the fan base was dropping, in fact we were now averaging less than 8,000 fans per game. In mid-September we hosted the Roberto Clemente Day game. It was a Thursday and we were hosting that team from the Windy City. It was a good game, we won, fans and employees alike left the ballpark in good spirits and happy.

That Thursday night I arrived home to find Jess sleeping on the couch. She had been putting in some crazy hours with the new development and testing of a paperless or mobile ticketing system. Her manager was thrilled with the Point Of Service implementation she was part of but this, well this was huge.

Jess was working on a new ticketing system that would be almost strictly mobile in nature. The hope was to have it ready for launch for the kickoff of the next season tickets sale. Yes, this is still the middle of September but FanFest is only three and a half months away, the system needs to be perfect.

I closed and locked the door, then affixed the chain lock and deadbolt. I grimaced as the deadbolt squeaked into place making that ear shattering metallic scratching noise. I didn't want to wake Jess. I hung my backpack, put away my 42 and walked over to the couch. I knelt down on the floor near her head and gently kissed her forehead.

"Jess, my love, let's wake up and let me take you to bed." I whispered in her ear. She then stirred and mumbled something so cute and unintelligible but I knew it was love.

It took me a few moments, but Jess did wake up. I walked her back to our bedroom where we got ourselves settled, and after I took a quick shower, I put on my oversized T-shirt and curled up in bed with the woman that I love.

Her alarm sounded bright and early just before six o'clock. Jess was as quiet as possible, turning it off out gently getting out of bed. I was awake listening to her shower. I made my way to our small kitchen and started our coffee and a little bit of breakfast for her, I didn't have to be in until later as I had a game tonight as well.

Jess finished showing and made her way out to see me. That damn Irish alabaster skinned woman wore only her blue bikini panties. She reached for her coffee; I pulled my hand back and winked at her. She just lowered her chin and looked at me. She had the cutesy nonverbal expression in her eyes and on her face.

I extended my hand teasing her, moving it farther from her grasp. Jess's gentleness and soft touch warmed my soul as she reached for my hand but I didn't yield.

"My coffee please or I will go put me top on lover." She winked and kissed my lips gently. That kiss in itself spoke volumes of the love we shared.

Seconds later I gave in and handed her coffee as we enjoyed another soft loving morning kiss.

We changed places; I went and showered but dressed a bit more than my lover did. I came out to the kitchen to find Jess in a snug pair of sexy jeans, wearing an old time sci-fi movie t-shirt and a sweet smile on her face.

"Isn't that my shirt?" I asked.

She smiled and murmured something.

We sat for a few moments and just talked about our day and our weekend plans. She gave me the sweetest kiss goodbye at the door as she stepped out ensuring my security blanket was cared for. She double checked the door. I watched the knob move slightly as she twisted it and knew the door didn't budge as she tried to open it.

"Love you." She shouted as I heard her ramble down the steps off to start her day.

I lazed around the apartment until half past ten when I sent a text to her asking if she had time for lunch. Sadly I received a sad faced emoji. 'Rain Check me lover after the game tonight. Need to see me Mum and me Pap I will see you at Frannie's'

Friday afternoon I walked into the office. I turned on my laptop, stowed my purse and walked over to Lou's office. He wasn't in as of yet. Back at my desk, I pulled up my schedule of tasks for the day. The third item on my shortlist was 'Gold Star Mother's and Family's Day. It was next Sunday, the last Sunday in September. I immediately highlighted that bullet and moved it to the top of my list. I looked at the other items and knew this was my priority.

Once that was done, I walked over to Chrissy's cube and asked where I could find the invitee list for that event. I had access to the attending list but not the invitee list. She was sweet and showed me on the shared drive where it was located. I went back to my desk and opened the list.

Thankfully my girlfriend had reminded me that "Ctrl F' was the shortcut for the Find command. It helped when looking through a large sum or data. I typed in the last name I was looking for and didn't see it. I then typed in the first name and still didn't see it. I locked my laptop and made my way out of our office, down the short hall to the elevator. I pressed the arrow up summoning it. When the door opened, I entered and ascended to the fifth floor. I used my employee badge and entered the secured door. The young man behind the front desk smiled and asked if he could assist me. I smiled.

"Is Gloria in a meeting or can I snag one quick minute?"

He looked at his computer screen and then at the phone bank, "She is free you. Let me call her please."

I shook my head. "Let me just pop back and surprise her." I replied and walked back to her office.

A quick tap on her open office door and she lifted her head and smiled inviting me inside. As I crossed the threshold I pulled the door behind me closed.

"Ma'am, I didn't see your name or your son's name on the invitee list for Sunday."

Gloria looked up at me. "And you won't."

I went to say something in an aggressive manner but decided to take a totally different approach. "I wasn't here in April, and yes ma'am, I know what April 5th is. If you and I are going to help each other ma'am, I ask that you allow me to add you and your son. Simply because of what Harold did for our country. Allow your son to know what an amazing, brave, and selfless individual he was. Let him see what his father has done."

I took a few steps forward and touched her shoulder.

"Let me help you ma'am. I promise you I will be there for you. It's been five years."

She pushed back immediately. We spoke for the better part of five more minutes, I tried my hardest to be empathetic, and I could see her resolve waiting. I was close.

I took her hand and held it, like a friend would. "Come on, this is a healing, healthy thing, for all of us." I spoke softly. "Do this for him, for your son."

Gloria looked up at me, "For you I will, but I do not want too many folks to know outside of those who are absolutely necessary. I do not want pity."

I nodded, stood and turned walking from her office. She called to me as I stepped away. "You owe me." I just laughed and replied, "No I don't. "

I walked out making my way back down to my cubicle. I opened the invitee list and added Mrs. Gloria and Harold Edmonds Jr. Gold Star Family, Operation Enduring Freedom. I hit save in the document, just to be certain and went about my day.

I saw a MS Teams message come across my screen from Lou. "How did you do that?" I simply replied, "I have no idea what he was talking about."

That night, Lou made certain I wasn't outside. He had me assigned to an inner suite position assisting guests. I made a mental note to thank him.

That night after work I made my way to Frannie's and enjoyed a wonderful evening with them. It wasn't until around half past ten that I got there, damn fireworks nights!

As I made my way around the other side of the bar, I heard my phone ring, which I ignored; this was family time. I started pouring draft beers and let Mister James handle the hard stuff. Well except for the ones I poured for me.

As the evening came to a close and as the past patron departed, I helped in cleaning tables and chairs. We finished in the main bar and as we started cleaning the stools, Frannie came up next to us. She whispered in Jess's ear and smiled. I finished with the stools and Jess walked over and took my hand walking me out the door into the cooler Cincinnati evening.

As we walked up the street I inquired. "What did Frannie whisper to you?"

"Told me to take me lover home and enjoy our lives. She said you looked tired and that I had been up all day." Jess held my hand a bit firmer.

We got home and made our way to the apartment. I asked if she wanted to shower first, which she did. Jess came out and lay in bed. I could sense she was stressed and worn out. After my shower and after a bit of self-care for my skin, I had an idea. I walked from the bathroom topless, which was still a struggle but I do this for the woman I love, for Jess.

She was lying face down on the bed, almost asleep. I bent, whispering in her ear. "Do you trust me Jess?"

"Of course me love. As you have grown to trust me, I trust and love you."

I straddled her body, placing one knee on each side of her hips; yes I sat down onto her firm panty covered bottom but was aware of how tired she was. I opened the cap of the coconut scented oil and drizzled a squiggly line down her spine, from the top of her neck to the top of her panties.

She gasped, feeling the coolness of the oil. My hands flattened against her lower back and slowly I moved up her spine. I began an up and out, coating her skin, gently caressing my lover. I lowered my head and whispered in her ear asking her to move her hair so it would not be in the way.

I moved up and out, then a down and out motion. My hands pressed her muscles; I could feel how tense she was. My thumbs ground into her back muscles trying to loosen the knots which stressed my love.

After a while I slowed my movements as her murmurs turned mellow and then silent, my love falling asleep. I was happy for her, she was exhausted. I gently made my way from the bed to the bathroom to put away the oil and wash my hands.

On the way back to bed, I grabbed my sleeping shirt and started to make my way into the living room. I turned off the bedroom light and closed the door but not shutting it totally. I made my way for a glass of water and sat on the sofa, grabbing a book from the end table.

I was reading how to not kill the split leaf philodendron that Jess brought as a move-in plant she gave me. It seems I have two black thumbs and will not ever again be in charge of the greenery in our home. I heard the bedroom door open.

By the time I closed the book and stood, the woman who I have grown to love so much, wrapped her arms around me and begged me to come snuggle. I didn't set an alarm for us to wake; I wasn't scheduled to work the games on Saturday or Sunday. We would spend time at Frannie's, which would make us both happy.

~~~

I woke up hearing the sound of a cell phone ringing. I moved from our snuggle as quickly as I could and grabbed at my phone, silencing it. It was an unknown number with a 717 area code. I ignored the call after silencing the phone.

I realized I was too warm, I lifted off my shirt and spooned behind Jess, my breasts pressing into her back, wrapping her in my arms.

"There she is." I heard Jess murmur.

I teased her as I pulled back from her body slightly.

"Hey! Not fair." Jess squealed.

I started giggling but stopped as Jess rolled over looking at me, she slid closer, her breasts pressing against mine. She kissed my lips gently then slowly added more sensuality to her soft kiss. She wrapped her arms around my back and slid her left hand down my side.

She moved her kisses to my cheek, over to my ear and down my exposed neck. The feeling of eternal bliss and love was one that scared me and frankly made me the happiest woman in the world. It was just us, Jess and me.

Out of nowhere, an extremely loud boom which reverberated through the air, shaking the windows. There was a brilliant flash of the most intense bright light that illuminated not only the morning sky and also penetrated the dark curtains of the bedroom.

In an instant I was up out of bed on the floor, rolling to the nightstand where I opened the drawer and retrieved the 35. I crawled towards the foot of the bed and the corner of the room. I took up a defensive posture looking, watching, and waiting.

I heard her calling my name, I was sweating, and I was shaking. I heard my name being screamed. I heard another booming thunderous noise. I heard my name again, this time it was different, softer, loving, and gentle. I then realized what was happening, I dropped the 35 and covered my ears and started crying, I curled up in the fetal position and cried.

My body shook as I cried, fear ripped at my soul, tearing it to shreds. I needed help. I cried harder screaming her name. Then, I felt her wrap me in a sheet and in her arms. I felt her breath against my neck, I felt her lips kiss me gently, and I heard her whispering to me. I slowly calmed down, slowly returning to reality.

I start crying all over again wondering how could this woman love me so much? How could anyone love me as messed up as I am? I whispered how difficult this is at times and how frustrating this is. She continued showering me with her love. I started crying again but then I looked at her.

"Jess, I need help, please!"

That was the point she saw something in my eyes. She knew right away what she saw. We talked about this previously. She picked up my cell phone and dialed that simple three digit number 988.

I spent the next hour on the phone listening, feeling, trying to understand, and learning to cope.

At my own admission and request, I remained at home all weekend forgoing any desire outside. Jess went to see you Mum and Pap. She let me know I was welcome at any time. She returned to our apartment when finished supporting and loving me as only she could.

~~~

Monday morning she held me tight and kissed me once again as we went our separate ways. She went downstairs, I went upstairs. I arrived at work and dug into my day. We all had a meeting scheduled with Lou which ended just after 10:30. He gave us new assignments for the start of the new season. The new season for us, the marketing and communication team, was really in mid-December. Fan fest would be the second week of January. It was our 'piece of resistance', our kickoff event, second biggest, only to Opening Day.

Three strange things happened that day which I call works of the Goddesses. Allow me to explain.

The first was when I came back to my cubicle to find the prettiest bouquet of fall nemesias, straw flowers, alyssums, and lavender roses. There was a card with a simple message. "My love for you knows no bounds. Through strife, trouble, and hiccups, I am yours, Love Jessica."

How did she know I really needed this after the challenging weekend? I cried harder than I had in months in pure jubilation. Even Lou thought they were an amazing and special gift of thoughtfulness and love. Aphrodite was hard at work, as was Hestia.

The second strange thing that happened was another missed phone call. As I returned from the ladies room, I noticed that I had a missed call on my cell phone, there was a voice message. I would worry about that later. It was the same phone number from the other day.

The third thing happened a bit later in the day. I opened my personal email and read a passage from a motivational speaker I follow. She mentioned Tyche, the Greek Goddess of success, fortune, luck, and prosperity. The passage spoke of understanding, trust, mentorship, and belief; belief in one's self.

I sat and ate my lunch pondering these three things. I am not certain how these things happen or if they were coincidental at the hand of Mother Nature but she has her ways of doing things and so do the Goddesses.

Was it truly possible that the Greek Goddesses knew my challenges and struggles and were looking over me? But let me briefly share my connection with Greek Mythology.

A girl, well now a woman who was my "battle buddy" in basic training was all fired about Greek Mythology. She was like this wiz of information; I called her my encyclopedia of the Greeks. Tina Smalls was her name. She had a passion like no other. Over the twelve weeks of being her battle buddy, I read and learned more than I thought possible.

Now, I wasn't as hard core as Tina. She knew the greater and lesser twelve Greek Goddesses nor did I pray to them as she did not do, nor do I believe in a higher astrological power.

Though Tyche's ancestry isn't well defined and known, she is well revered by most as having the power to determine the fate or fortune of people. And, well you all are familiar with the Goddesses of love, Aphrodite.

Now that being said, do not think that I put all of my faith in a singular deity of faith, I am actually not faithful. I do believe in Mother Nature and she does look over us all, like it or not from time to time.

I returned from lunch to see a message from Lou, he needed to chat about FanFest. During that meeting we finalized and put into plan many of the items we were responsible for. We finalized the promotions and then set a schedule for players' attendance for which days. With that and the roundtable chats scheduled, I went about setting the schedule for the locals for Spring Training.