Chef's Special Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I really wish the Governor had not just told the world that, knowing it could come back to bite him (the Governor) in the ass if the rabidly corrupt Press wanted to make an issue of it.

The Governor continued: "The Reserve system will remain in place, mostly as a pay vehicle and authorization process. And one reason for that is because the new branch we are creating will be led by Inspector Donald Troy. Although officially part-time, Inspector Troy is not just a 'Reserve Inspector', but a full Inspector during those times he is on SBI duty."

It was complicated, and the Governor was doing a poor (and unnecessary) job of explaining it. The gist was that I could be on SBI duty as an Inspector within my own County, which Reservists could not do. But it was a part-time job for me, and I was paid only when I clocked in as such, and I wouldn't be paid for being on the TCPD during the time I was on SBI duty. And that was why the Reserve structure remained in place.

"Inspector Troy will be in charge of a new group within the SBI, which we call the 'Special Investigation Services'." said the Governor. "The 'SIS' will be available to local law enforcement to assist them... not to overlord, but to assist... in the solving of major crimes, crimes of violence, such as the recent George Aurus serial killings; and financial crimes that can easily cross county lines."

The Governor continued: "The SIS team will be starting off small. We're hoping to grow it to 3 or 4 Agents in each region, but for now we have four excellent, very experienced Agents that will be on the job. I am happy to announce that the SIS team under Inspector Troy will be Lieutenants Norm Chow, Ted Orosco, Ted Crenshaw, and Gordon Grigsby, forming a strong core of Law Enforcement expertise to augment the many excellent local law enforcement organizations in the State. Oh, by the way... their promotions to Lieutenant will occur after my remarks, so be sure to stay for that."

There was applause for the Agents, then the Governor continued. "I want to emphasize that the SIS and its Agents are here to help you, to work with you, not to take over your cases. These Agents, and Inspector Troy leading them, were picked partially due to their abilities to work with you and not over you, and to create better relations with all of you at the local levels. And I hope you'll take advantage of their skills by asking for their assistance when it is needed, especially when county lines are crossed."

There was a smattering of applause, then the Governor continued: "I am sure you've heard the comments by the woefully dishonest Press, their scaremongering talk about gutting the SBI. Their smears have damaged the work of good Agents and the work being done to forge better relations with local LEOs. My goal is not to gut the SBI, but to return it to what it was originally intended to be: an organization of highly skilled professional Agents that are available to help you do your jobs. The basic structures within the SBI will not change. We still have to have a Narcotics Task Force, a Firearms and Explosives Task Force, a White Collar Crimes Task Force, and State Crime Labs. But these will be streamlined to assist you, the local law enforcement officer."

I was not reading the audience very well; their reactions seemed mixed. I glanced over at Cindy, and when she realized I was looking at her, she very slightly shook her head: her vibe on it was not positive.

After the speech, there was polite applause. Then the Governor had me come up and help promote the four Agents, which was me reading their citations while the Governor gave them SBI badges that had the SIS wording and 'Lieutenant' rank inscribed.

Then came the fun part. The Governor said "I do have one more announcement today. We now have six State Crime Labs, and we are going to have a Statewide Director running them. Director Perlman, would you come up on stage, please."

Tanya dutifully drove up the ramp onto the stage. The Governor then said "I am naming Tanya Perlman as the Executive Director of the State Crime Labs Department, which is over all of the Crime Labs. Director Perlman and her staff will be coordinating the workloads of the various crime labs for most efficient distribution of work, and the most efficient use of supplies to reduce costs. And as part of that, we are promoting Director Perlman to the rank of Captain within the SBI. Inspector Troy, would you do the honors?"

That got a lot more applause as I clipped Tanya's new badge onto the pocket slot of her jacket. Tanya looked surprised, and her cheeks were very rosy. The applause seemed loudest from Jack Muscone... and Tanya's fellow Angels...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

That was the good part. The room we'd originally gathered in had been transformed into a Press room. The four new SBI Lieutenants and one new SBI Captain were to be paraded, then I had to answer questions about the SIS. At least I got to sit in a chair. I was next to Tanya in her wheelchair. Norm Chow was also seated on the raised stage, as he was the de facto leader of the SIS unit after me.

"I'll first read a statement," I said, "and then take questions. Let me be sure to make it clear that we will only take questions regarding the new SBI structure, and will not be answering anything on unrelated issues, especially political issues."

I continued: "We have some really excellent people on the SIS team. Lieutenant Chow is experienced in major crimes, such as serial killings, crimes of violence. He took initiative and showed great leadership in cracking the Pine Valley case, and worked with me on the George Aurus serial killings. Lieutenant Crenshaw is experienced in Organized Crime, and he and Ted Orosco will be helping with white collar and financial crimes. Lieutenant Grigsby is experienced in interdicting drugs and other smuggling pipelines, as well as corruption-related crimes, and will be a liaison to other departments of the SBI. And, of course, I'll have Captain Ross working with me."

"As the Governor said," I continued, "our goal is to help local LEOs, and also to help coordinate over multiple jurisdictions when required, such as in the recent George Aurus serial killings case." I paused, gathered myself, and said "What are your questions?"

"Meredith Peller, Fox Midtown." said the attractive dirty-blonde. "Commander, exactly what type of crimes will the SBI-SIS be investigating?"

"Mostly big ones." I said. "Crimes of violence, very large financial crimes. We'll also be assisting the SBI Office of Ethics and Review on corruption cases if they ask for our help, to augment their manpower."

"Tim Sioban, KSB News." said the youngish reporter. "Commander, there may be some confusion about the scope of this new unit's mission. You say it's to help, to assist, to augment local LEOs, but many of them see this as a 'major crimes' equivalent of the NTF, barreling in and lording it over local LEOs."

"That's why these guys were chosen, and why we have to work to repair the damage done in the past." I said. "Look, I was no friend of the 'old' SBI under Jack Lewis. And that's one reason I agreed to take on this job: I want to make sure the SBI becomes a unit that local LEOs will want to have helping them. And also, these guys are going to go into places where the local LEOs have more knowledge of the people of their jurisdictions, more knowledge of what's going on. The SIS guys can't match that, so they'll be there to give their expertise on the things they do know, and can help the local LEOs with that knowledge."

"Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC News." said the lovely redheaded MILF reporterette. "Commander, as a reporter from your home County, I know how busy you are with the Town & County Police Department. How personally involved will you be with this new SBI unit, and how much time can you devote to it?"

"As you know, Bettina, being from my home County," I adroitly replied, "I have excellent Officers working for me in the TCPD, such as Captain Ross and Captain Croyle; and I have a great team of SBI Agents working with me in the SIS unit. Having such quality people makes it possible."

"Diane Williams, KCTY." said Diane, talking sloowwwly, as if speaking to an eighth grader, "Commander, wasn't the planning of this new unit a violation of the law, as it's not budgeted for until July 1st?"

"That is absolutely not true." I said, putting some 'oomph' in my voice. "We plan ahead all the time. We're not spending next year's money this year in doing that. That's just a silly notion, and the Citizens of the State are intelligent people and know this, despite the false narrative the Press has been force-feeding them."

I could feel the hostility of the Press welling up. The gloves were off, in their minds...

"John Hardwood, KSTD News." said Hardwood. "If the SIS will help investigate corruption, will their first case be to investigate Governor Jared for his criminal spending of unallocated funds to persecute law-abiding undocumented workers?"

"Governor Jared has committed no crime." I said. "And let me be clear: your question is a contradiction of itself: 'law-abiding' and 'undocumented workers', that is, 'illegal aliens', are a direct contradiction. They're breaking the law just by being here illegally; ergo, by definition they cannot be law abiding."

"How can you say Jared has committed no crime, when every attempt to investigate him is being stonewalled?" persisted Hardwood.

"To law enforcement persons, such as those of us up here on stage," I said, "we being investigating when we have actual evidence of a crime to begin with. We don't begin investigations based on innuendo and false narratives just because a corrupt reporter says something has to be investigated."

"Okay, okay." said the Governor's aide, who'd been watching. "Any more questions about the new SIS branch of the SBI?"

"Why are you stopping us from asking the questions that need to be asked?" sneered Hardwood. "What are you afraid of?"

"Certainly not you, Hardwood." I sneered back. "Go back to your 'safe space' and cry a river about it to your fellow 'Snowflakes'."

And that concluded the press conference, as the Governor's aides just shut it all down. Many of the other reporters seemed more angry at Hardwood, as his questions had ended their chances of them getting to ask any questions; while some of the reporters looked at me with unappeasable hatred in their eyes, especially Hardwood. And I once again wondered where Priya was; normally she'd be all over a press conference like this like 'white on rice'.

There was one thing left to do: take photographs. I managed to get one with me sitting beside Tanya, and Cindy and Teresa standing behind us. I got some extra copies for them, and the photo of me with my Angels --- all Captains now --- was one that made it onto the wall of my office.

Yes, I had worked my ass off to get Tanya the promotion; indeed, it had been one of my 'requests' in exchange for taking the enlarged Inspector role...

Part 3 - Appointments and Liaisons

At 9:00am, Tuesday, June 20th, Phyllis Troy came into the office of SBI Captain Tanya Perlman at the State Crime Lab building near Town and the University Campus.

"Congratulations on your promotion, my dear." Phyllis said as Tanya had her sit down at the small round conference table, and wheeled her wheelchair up to it, as well. "Very well deserved."

"And now I'm in charge of six Crime Labs instead of one." said Tanya. "Alas... I just became a paper pusher."

"You'll do very well, and you'll be able to see a lot more information now." said Phyllis.

"I'm sure that is what your son was thinking when he pushed the Governor to do this to me." said Tanya. "Oh, he doesn't know that I know how hard he worked to get me promoted."

"Yes, you are right." said Phyllis. "But I think he did it to get you to that Captain level with Ms. Ross and Ms. Croyle. He doesn't think of two Angels... he always thinks of three."

"Awww." said Tanya, trying not to show the emotion welling up inside her.

"And I don't want to get your hopes up," said Phyllis, "but if he can worm you back into the TCPD as a Captain, he'll do it."

"Well, I don't think that can possibly happen." said Tanya. "Though I'd consider selling my soul to do it."

"So, are you going to stay here?" Phyllis asked. "Or will you have to move to Westphalia?"

"I'm staying right here." said Tanya. "They have an office in Westphalia for me, but it's about the size of my old, small Lieutenant office at Police Headquarters. The good news is I get Mr. Bennett's office and the staff offices attached to it. He's moving to the State Office Building on Courthouse Square."

"Interesting." mused Phyllis.

"So, Phyllis," said Tanya, "I asked you to come here for another reason."

"Oh, what's that?" asked Phyllis. "Another case for us to look at?"

"No... not yet, anyway." Tanya said cryptically. "But for now, I would like for you to raise your right hand." With that, Tanya administered the State oath of office, and Phyllis was awarded an SBI badge with the word 'Consultant' inscribed upon it. And of course, she had to sign paperwork. What would bureaucracy be without paperwork?

"So, you are now an official SBI Agent, and will be paid accordingly whenever we do consult with you on cases." Tanya said.

"Well," quipped Phyllis, "if it doesn't outrank 'Inspector', I don't know what I'll be able to do about my rowdy son."

Tanya laughed, then said "Well, last I checked, for decent people like Don, 'mother' still outranks 'son'. And for our next case, so to speak, I'd like for you to go with me to the Lakeside Inn in Nextdoor County on Friday. They're having a cooking competition there over the weekend, and we get to watch as well as help with security. We'll get to go back into the kitchens, as well, and meet the celebrity chefs."

"That sounds... interesting." said Phyllis. "Perhaps I'll learn a cooking tip that will make vegetables more likable to my grandchildren."

"I've given up on that with Pete." said Tanya. "I just make him eat them, anyway. He's pretty good about it, though."

"Alas," said Phyllis, "my granddaughter is as headstrong as her father's sister. As long as there are dogs she can pass her stringbeans to, she's going to try..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"How touching." said Katherine Woodburn as she snuggled up with her aide Clark.

"What do you mean, ma'am?" asked Clark.

"Oh, how the Iron Crowbar got his little crippled girl that promotion to Captain." said Katherine. "My people inside the Governor's offices found out that the Iron Crowbar insisted upon that as part of his deal to take the Inspector role, and head of the SIS."

The were watching as U.S. Congressman Gary A. Condor fucked his sweet young intern Chandra, pumping his cock in and out of the saucy young woman with hard, driving strokes.

Also watching was the Queen of Opposition Research, working as Katherine's staffer in the role of gathering intel on the whereabouts and movements of the Iron Crowbar, to keep Katherine up to speed at all times.

"Ma'am," said the QOR, "we might find a way over time to infiltrate the SIS, make it into a powerful central unit that can control the local pigs, instead of being their whipping boys like the Iron Cocksucker wants them to be."

"Language, Queenie, language." Katherine gently scolded the woman, though loving hearing the hatred of the Iron Crowbar.

"It's a good idea, though." said Condor as he fucked the girl beneath him relentlessly. "Everything they've set up... can be co-opted and corrupted, and the SBI will be as it ever was... the ruling law enforcement body in this State."

"Oh, I'm way ahead of you guys." said Katherine, sounding bored. "We absolutely are going to use that bastard Jared's own plans against him.

The room grew quiet as Condor's breathing grew heavier. With several final, violent thrusts, he began to come inside his intern Chandra.

"UHHH!" he cried out as his sperm fired deep into the girl's womanly depths. After several spurts of his creamy jism coated the walls of her vagina and her cervix, he leaned over and sucked one of the nipples of the girl's large, jiggling breasts.

"Mmm, that looked good." said Katherine.

"Felt fucking good, too." said Condor.

"Clark, why don't you get some sloppy seconds and fuck the hell out of Chandra." Katherine ordered in a polite suggestive fashion. Clark dutifully went over to Chandra, mounted her, and slammed his cock into her. He was much larger than Condor, and the girl moaned as his weapon of lust stretched her well-fucked pussy.

"When this shit with the blacks calms down," said Katherine quietly to Condor, "we'll begin our new operation. My tools, my 'useful idiots', Thomas P. Cook and that idiot reporter John Hardwood, will be useful for this plan."

"I'm ready to pass the word to Senator Russell whenever you're ready." said Condor.

Part 4 - Cooking Up Crime

Friday, June 23d. Tanya and Phyllis arrived at the Lakeside Inn & Suites in Nextdoor County. They were officially there to consult with Security for the event, but in reality they were both looking forward to meeting the persons participating in the event.

"This is awesome!" said Tanya as they went inside. "Celebrity Chef Bruno Mensch has been hosting cooking competitions for the cable cooking networks, and they came here this weekend. Five chefs from the State will be competing. It's a pretty big deal."

"Yes, it is." said Phyllis. "And hosting an event like this really puts the Lakeside Inn & Suites on the map. It's been doing quite well since it was refurbished."

"I hope they can keep it up." said Tanya. "After Don and the FBI waxed all the Superior Bloodlines 'Big Boys', there's concern BigPharmaCorp won't use it any more."

"I can tell you on good authority that they will continue holding Board meetings here." said Phyllis. "It's also becoming the hot spot for the wealthy University Alumni that come in for football games. There's even discussion of building a new airport south of the Highway to accommodate the private planes; and of course the airport would help bring in businesses to Nextdoor County."

"Cool." said Tanya as the glass doors slid open to admit them into the lobby. As their eyes adjusted to the dim light, they saw signs pointing the way to the rooms that would host the competition, and they turned left and went down the corridor.

"They're not having this in the dining room?" asked Phyllis.

"No, the kitchens that serve the dining room are too small." said Tanya. "And as George Aurus showed us so effectively, the security on that side is not up to the standards the chefs and the Network require. So the kitchens that are used to cook for large events will be used, and one of the conference rooms will be where the tastings occur."

When they got to that conference room, they found their way blocked by an attractive woman in her thirties. She was short with dark brown hair that was cut fairly short, and her body was well-toned; she was in good physical condition. Her name was Vanessa Brunson, and she was a well-known hostess on the cooking network.

"I'm sorry ladies, but you cannot come in here." Ms. Brunson said. "The competition is tomorrow."

"Isn't there a competition today?" asked Tanya.

"Yes, but it's a private one, not open to the public." said Ms. Brunson. "So I'll have to ask you to go."

"Captain," said Phyllis, "perhaps we should show Ms. Brunson our badges."

"Yes." said Tanya, holding hers up. "I'm glad to see your vigilance, Ms. Brunson, as we are here to examine the security arrangements. I'm Captain Perlman with the SBI, and this is Detective Troy."

"Ah!" said Vanessa, stunned. "I was not expecting... well, never mind. Come on in. I'll have to introduce you to Bruno; no matter what anyone else tells you, he is the man who is truly in charge here."