Cherry Locked Ch. 06-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lily and Jessica, right?"

My bestie nods. "I'm surprised you remembered."

"I have a good memory."

"Oh, that's a good quality." Lil compliments. "I hope you're attentive, I suck at it. It's not on purpose. I just have a short memory."

"She forgot our six-month anniversary," Jessica states drastically.

"I did, but I fixed it."

"You did." Jessica shrugs. "But still, it happened. Brad, my advice is to set reminders to avoid that."

"Good advice."

We head to the table, where glass containers hold the food at a hot temperature. Brad moves my chair out for me before he sits. Lily gives an impressed reaction to this. "So, Brad, what are your future goals?"

"I plan on owning a pet shelter. I know that might sound odd."

"No, that's a good goal. Finding homes for furballs is the best thing ever."

"It is...but some people think it's a weird, though."

"Oh, like who?" Lily uncovers the steamy food.

Brad slightly tenses his back. "My parents."

My attention goes from the food to Brad. His parents don't support his passion?? "I didn't know that."

"I know, sorry. I didn't want to bring it up before; it would have wrecked the mood."

"We don't want that," Jessica says abruptly. "Let's change the subject. What's your favorite movie?"

"Jurassic Park."

"You're a Dino guy? Interesting."

"Yeah."

"He has all the breeds on his action figure shelf ." I jab and slop nachos onto my plate. "He's a big fanboy."

"I prefer the word collector."

"Do you stream?" Lil asks, taking two slices of pepperoni pizza from a platter.

"I do."

"Any revenue there?"

"Ehh...I get a decent amount." He grabs two slices of pizza and some fries from a bowl.

"That's cool. At least you're getting something for your hobby. Most people get nada."

"True...I wish I knew Maddy's hobby."

"She didn't tell you about cheerleading?"

"No."

I chew and hold my hand up. "He means a current hobby. I don't cheer anymore."

"But being a mixologist is a hobby."

"Ehhh..." I grumble. "Not really. I don't do it unless I'm at work. There's nothing fun I do when I get home."

"That's because we're dog tired by the time we clock out."

I ponder Lil's explanation. "True....still, I don't have a hobby."

"I can help you find one." Brad flashes his teeth.

Jessica mischievously stares between us. "It involves laying down, doesn't it? Kink can be your hobby."

I burst into laughter and squeeze my eyes shut. "Stop it!"

"I wouldn't mind if that." Brad chuckles.

I gasp and spank his shoulder. "Don't, hush." I giggle. "Let's change the topic." I fill my glass with wine. "Let's play a game."

"Truth or dare." Lil raises her brows.

"No...I know how that's going to go. I don't trust you, Lil."

"Charades?"

I dissect my bestie's suggestion . "You're going to turn it into something else."

"I won't." She side-eyes her girlfriend.

"See...what's that look?!" I criticize. "Let's scratch the game and just talk."

"I'm curious." Brad chuckles. "What's Lily going to do?"

"How about spin the bottle?" I shush her. "Seven minutes in heaven."

"I'm down."

"Brad, don't encourage her!"

He laughs with his chest. "I think we should hear Lily out."

I cover his mouth with my hand. "No." I feel his lips kiss my palm. "Really?" I snort. "Are you serious?"

"Yay...now we got some action," Jessica winks seductively.

The country club is rented out by a wedding party on Saturday night. Since teens and little kids outnumber adults, I barely mix any beverages other than fruit punch and lemonade. I scan the main table where punch bowls are half empty and decide to ready two new ones. As I use a hose attached to a barrel to fill up the new bowls, I find my sight on the bride and groom at the main table.

The bride is radiant...and is so enthusiastically pleased. This night is the highlight of her life...it's her dream. Her fairytale. I bet she counted down the days to be spiritually bonded with her mate. The newlyweds kiss passionately and stare deeply into each other's eyes. It's as if the room doesn't exist. It's as if the only thing that does is each other.

Eternal desire is the phrase I use to describe this moment that every bride and groom shares. I've seen over a hundred ceremonies hosted here, and every time, there's this unbreakable gaze. This bubble of bliss around the lovers. And every time, I grow restless and hopeless that I'll never have this magical experience.

I glance away woefully and hoist a bowl of lemonade up to the counter, then start another for the fruit punch.

Lily snatches up the bowl and swaps it out with the empty one. When she comes back, she sets it down and surveys me. My face is long, and my eyes are glossy. She steers around the bar and hugs me from behind. "It'll be over in 30 minutes; hang in there." My lip quivers as I fill the next bowl. Lily rubs my shoulders before letting go. She takes the bowl from me and caresses my chin.

I give a half smile that doesn't reach my eyes. "I know," I murmur forlornly.

"Aww." Lil sulks. "I can sneak in your phone, so Brad can cheer you up. How about that?"

"Okay." I sniffle.

"I'll be back." Lily determinedly marches off to the punch table, places the bowl down, then treks out of the double doors.

I blink hastily and wipe the corner of my eyes. Talking to Brad will help...I just need to think about that, not the pit swelling in my gut. I wipe off the counter, place the hoses atop the barrels, and switch off the buttons.

I just need to keep my attention away from the main table. I don't feel like crying later tonight. I'll have to fix my emotions before I go home. This night will be gone soon. I just have to tough it out.

I organize the glass case behind the bar scattered with wines, liquors, alcohol, and liquified fruit and herbs. My hands line them up in a neat row. The ceremony's pop music bumps the walls. The celebrating drones on for what seems like forever. I count down the minutes left once I get to the middle of the glass case.

Great, 20 minutes to go. Ugh! I go on organizing and endure the happiness within the room with an opposing demeanor. Why am I fed up with the joy? Strange. I need to relax.

I hear knocking from the bar behind me, so I close the case and go to my post. I'm perplexed when I see the person's face. Jace Harrison sets a glass of alcohol on the bar and slides it towards me. "Taste this."

My eyes drop to the glass, then back to him. Jace has a gray suit on this time. I'm reminded of his Google pictures. He had a similar one on in those photos. What is he doing here? It's Saturday? And why is he giving me a drink?? "I think I'm supposed to serve you...is your head alright?"

"It's fine; just taste it."

I study him closely before picking up the drink. "Okay...just so you know, there's an emergency button back here. Let me know if you feel faint." I add sarcastically. Jace jeers and watches me take a sip. The most overbearing flavors lather my tongue. I scrunch my face and stare into the glass. "What is this?!" I almost choke.

"It was my favorite commonwealth..." He says disappointingly. "I think you spoiled me. It tastes like shit now."

"Oh no, that's a compliment. This is ridiculous!" I protest. He smirks; his green eyes glimmer. "I'm going to put it where it belongs." I go to a trash can and drop the glass into it. Jace chuckles at my repelled expression. "You deserve one on the house for that crap. Did the bartender just slosh it together??"

"They had to. All I know is I won't be a customer there anymore." His deep, creamy voice and the watery movements of his mouth stun me. I create his drink to stop my mind from being stupefied. "I never got your name."

"Do you ask for all your bartenders' names?"

"Not really. I knew my last bartender since college. It's only good courtesy to know your name, since you're taking his place."

"I guess I can tell you, being a new customer and all. It's Madison. And yours?" I ask, knowing who he is already, but choosing to be formal.

"Jace Harrison...you may have heard of me."

"I don't think I have." I act dumb. "Enlighten me." I hand him the drink and give him my undivided attention.

His plump lips press against the glass as he drinks. I can't help but stare at the pinkness of them. When he swallows, he does the same satisfactory, "Ahh. Do you keep up with technological advancements?"

"No, not my thing," I add truthfully. "But you have me interested."

"Good, I might sway your mind." He sips the beverage. "Have you ever heard of Strygent Industries?" I shake my head, honestly oblivious of the name. "It's infamous for manufacturing the largest sea drones. Drones that feed billions." His cockiness shows as his swagger. "They've been coined "hope vessels of the seas", and have cut starvation down by 23%."

"Impressive." I lean onto the counter. "I'm assuming you're the boss with how you're gloating?"

"CEO." He mimics me and leans forward too. The lack of space between us intensifies. I get a heat flash. Jace notes my uncomfortable reaction. "Am I too close for comfort?" He asks properly yet doesn't back off.

"No," I say, not wanting to seem intimidated.

Jace comes closer. Now, our faces are just a foot away. The air between us thickens. The blood in my cheeks bubbles. "How about now?"

"No," I answer too swiftly.

His enchanting eyes jump across my face. "Your rosy cheeks say different."

"They don't," I state persistently.

He simpers and stands straight. "I'll keep my distance...for now. Tell me. Do you enjoy working here?"

"I mean, it's a job. I can't really say I do it for enjoyment."

"Why do something you don't enjoy?"

I can't believe that he's actually perplexed by this! I guess growing up with a golden spoon in his mouth spared him from working minimum wage. I keep forgetting he'sprivileged...unlike me. I have to literally explain to him why I work here. "To survive...you know that thing people lower than you have to do??" I answer harshly.

"I'm sure you could find one you love. What are your interests?"

I suck in a breath and glare at him. "If it was that easy, no one would be miserable!"

"I like how snappy you are."

"Oh, you haven't seen the half of it."

"I bet. You must tell off men here all the time, huh?"

"Only when they're entitled pricks."

Jace doesn't take offense. Instead, he acts as if I didn't just insult him. "And the ones who aren't?"

"They receive the hospitality they deserve."

"I hope I'm not on your bad side."

"You're toeing the line."

"I apologize, Madison. I'll refrain from being a dick."

"I think you're incapable of that."

"Why?" He tilts his head sideways like a curious creature.

"Because you're from a different world. You can't relate to mine. You sit high on a pedestal while I'm on a stool." I can't help but find humor in my words. "No pun intended on where I work."

Jace grins and gives a short laugh. "I think we're relating here."

"No, we're conversing." The DJ of the party ends the music. I realize that the hall is emptying. Only a few guests remain. My co-workers clear messy tables and sweep food and cake from the floor. "And that's coming to an end." I pick up a towel. "The club is closing."

"Will you be on shift tomorrow?"

"That's none of your business." I fling the towel across my shoulder.

"So that's a yes, then?"

I disregard his question. "We're closing, sir. Have a good night."

Jace reaches into his pocket and lays a tip on the counter. "Have a lovely night, Madison." The fluid manner in which he says my name overwhelms me. My voice disappears. "I'm looking forward to our next chat." Jace curves his mouth as he walks away. I watch him exit through the French doors, distracted by his slick walk and impeccable body.

When he's out of sight, I count the bills he left, believing it to be only a few dollars. Instead, it's $500. My startled eyes barely blink as I recount it, not trusting my own mind. I look at the exit again, then back at the cash. From the corner of my eye, I spy Lily at the main entrance. She has my phone at her side and is completely motionless, like a statue. How long has she been there?

Lily's eyes are outraged and baffled. She steps my way; her gaze falling on the cash. "Why did he give you money?"

"I don't know."

"Maddy, people just don't give out dough for nothing."

"I said, I don't know...."

"You have to. What did you two talk about?" Her doubtful tone infuriates me.

"We talked about his favorite drink."

"And?"

"His job, my job, it was just chitchat."

"Maddy, that doesn't explain $500. There's more to it than that. Did he ask you for something?"

"Just my name."

"Anything else?"

I huff. "No, Lil."

"I'm just trying to make sense of this. Guys only pay girls for pleasure. Jace had to imply this."

"Wow, Lil...he didn't imply being a sugar daddy."

"Judging by the green, he did."

"Look, just drop it. Let's close up. I'm tired; I just want the night over. Did you call Brad?"

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with Jace. Why did you talk to him?" I pace around the bar and begin closing the gate. I abruptly hold it still. I forgot the cash. I look at the five bills on the counter and contemplate whether I should accept it without knowing why. Did Jace dish it out to initiate me into a sugar baby contract? If so, he was so vague about it.

Then again, I'm not in a position to pass up the money. Money I got without an effort. It's odd to earn it without working for it.

"Don't be dumb...take it." Lil waves her hand to it. I swoop under the gate and snatch it, then proceed rolling it down. After cleaning, Lily waits with me until my ride comes. I know she's investigating what happened by how quiet she is. Her thoughtfulness is clear on her face; all's that missing is the pacing around bit. While she's too busy being Sherlock Holmes, I call Brad.

I feel bad...even though I did nothing wrong. I feel like I somehow cheated on him. When he picks up, he says, "Hey, sweetheart," in a chipper tone.

"Hi, hon, I missed you."

"Not as much as I missed you."

"Oh, really?" My Uber drives up to the curb. I turn to look at my bestie, who's still analyzing the cash. "It's nothing, Lil. See you tomorrow." I wave, then open the car door.

"What's nothing?"

"Umm...it's work-related. How was your day?" I close the door and buckle up as the car steers into crammed traffic.

"I'm living the life; dog walking is the best job ever."

"Yeah, I know, you're racking up just by taking a stroll. I wish my job was like that."

"Nah, I think yours is better. You're surrounded by rich people who probably leave the biggest tips."

That's creepy!! I become superstitious of the chat...due to what just occurred with Jace. Relax, Brad mentioning a big tip is just a coincidence. "They rarely leave tips."

"Really?"

"Yep, I can literally count the times on one hand."

"That's crazy. I thought you'd be getting a few hundred here and there." Weird, why did he say a few hundred?! Is he onto me?? I panic and hold my tongue. "I guess everyone is cheap." I release arelieved breath when he says this. "Hey, I was thinking of having a movie night at my place."

"Umm...bad idea."

"I won't try to kiss you again, I promise."

"Hmm...I'll consider it."

"Please say yes, we haven't cuddled at all. I'll be good." He pleads.

"I know you will...I'm saying it's a bad idea because I won't be."

"Hmm...tell me your dirty thoughts."

"No, no, no, that'll lead to, you know what."

"How about a hint?"

"Brad." I giggle.

"Maddy." He retorts.

I grin to the side. "Brad..." I whisper sensually.

"Maddy." He copies my tone.

My stomach flutters. "Braddy." I use my tongue to pronounce his name.

"Maddy." He does the same. I cheese and kiss the speaker on the phone. "Hmm..." He mumbles sultrily. "Just one hint, please?"

I'm physically immobilized by how his voice drags out the word "please." I close my eyes and chew my nails. "Just one word," I give in to the weakness. "Mount."

Brad licks his lips. "Standing or laying."

"Can't say."

"I want you."

"How much?"

"I'd literally run to your place."

"That bad, huh?"

"Yeah." He croaks. I sigh at the rawness of his response. "I want your lips on mine."

"That would be nice."

"Is that a yes?"

"It's a, maybe."

"I'll beg."

"Give it your best." I trace my finger across my lower lip. Brad gives it his best throughout the whole ride. His long and throaty "pleases" makes me clench my legs together and wiggle my bottom against the leather seat. My sighs are low enough for only him to hear, not the driver. When I get out and go into the hotel, I compromise. "We can cuddle at your place...on Wednesday."

"That's 4 days from now!" He complains.

"I know."

"Why not tomorrow?"

"Because the tension has to simmer." I kiss the speaker again. "Nighty night." I hang up and get onto an elevator in the lobby.

I'm on the 10th floor, meaning it's gonna take a while. I pass the time by thinking back to the $500. I wonder if Lil cracked the case yet. Jace didn't ask me for anything sexual. The conversation was simple. Yeah, I got agitated, but it was a normal chat. I don't understand the money. As I said, I can use it. I'll put it into my savings. I'd still like an answer, though.

For the next four days, I keep an eye out for Jace, but he never shows. I thought his schedule would be different since I'm his new bartender, but it's not. If I saw him on Saturday and used to see him on Sunday, that means Jace is busier. He must have a recent business obligation. I join Twitter mostly because I'm mind blown by Strygent Industry accomplishments. I found out that there's an EXPO.

An Expo is going on all week. I click on the article and am brought to a 4K image. Jace Harrison on a high-tech stage full of shiny machinery. The arena he stands in front of is sold out. Not one seat is vacant. I stroll down to read about the company's new developments.

STRYGENT INDUSTRIES WILL SHOWCASE A RAFT DRONE FOR INDIVIDUALS STRANDED AT SEA.

WATER DROPPER, A GUMDROP-STYLED DRONE THAT DELIVERS TONS OF WATER TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED.

IRECTA, THE CONTACT LENS FOR EPILEPSY/SEIZURE VICTIMS.

XMARZ, THE HIGHLY TRAINED CPR MICROBEAD

The time of the broadcast is 6pm-9pm. Not that I want to go, I wouldn't be able to, anyway. I must applaud the CEO. I can tell much passion and concern has gone into his inventions.

On Tuesday night, I inform Lily of my plan with Brad. I wanted the choice to fester in my mind until I decided it was a good move. I mean, we are dating. He's been patient, and I love it when he begs. I'll definitely love his moans. I just know he's the type of guy that's vocal. The tension is fine as wine too.

I haven't been communicating with him. I've learned from Tinder that preventing interaction until the opportune time is key to getting a guy to explode. I think I want to get handsy, just a little bit. Just to make up for not seeing his reaction in the club.

"Finally!" Lil celebrates. "Have some fun, but remind Brad that sex is a no."

"I'll remind him." I talk towards my phone, which is on the ledge of the tub I soak in.

"You probably made him mad."

"Frustration gets the juices flowing."

"Oh, you bad girl!"

"That's nothing new." I raise my chin.

"What are you going to wear?"

"Brad loves the half good, half bad thing."

"The pink plaid dress with the leg slit and a white undershirt. The lacy pantyhose are a must." Lil instructs like a fashion designer.