Chicom Invasion Pt. 02

Story Info
The further adventures of Kelly Sampson.
5.2k words
4.73
3.4k
10
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/30/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,086 Followers

Copyright © 2018 - 2021 - This is an original work by Zeb Carter and is protected under copyright by U.S. copyright law. It is only submitted at Literotica.Com and any submission to any other site has not been authorized by the Author.

Author's Note: There is no sex in this story. I started this story in 2018 as a series I was going to call future history. This and the previous part could be a snippet from my other future histories story, Downfall.

Chicom Invasion Pt. 02

Chapter 10

Kelly Sampson, now 15 years old, lay in the brush at the top of a hill overlooking the road to their cave system some five miles behind her. John Denim, as her spotter, accompanied her. Eye to scope she waited for the small green light in her scope to blink.

"John, I have a solution," said Kelly softly.

"I hear you. Wait. They are turning to the north. Hold fire."

"Holding fire."

The three men who had been walking down the road turned down a spur to the north. John and Kelly weren't here to draw attention to themselves. They were here to make sure the Chicom didn't find their cave system as almost happened last year.

"I have five more coming up the road behind the three-man team. Wait, they aren't Chicom. Hold fire."

"I have them, holding fire."

Kelly had become a soldier last year when her dad had John give her this rifle that almost couldn't miss and he found out that she was okay with what she did. That day, she had killed 45 Chicom soldiers. Since then, Kelly has talked to her mom about what she did and how it continues to affect her. Her mom still counsels her daughter. She loves her daughter and cares for her daughter. Kelly used to be on hunting detail to provide food for the people who lived in the cave system. Now she was their long-range protector.

Both Kelly and John watched the five strangers as they quickly bypassed the spur and headed straight for them. Kelly could see the three men and two women as they silently walked down what used to be a road of concrete but was now just a jumbled mass of broken rock. The Chicoms had blown up this part of the road so the Americans that still resisted their presence couldn't use it.

"They look to be American's," said John.

"Are we expecting any visitors?" asked Kelly.

"No."

Kelly nodded keeping her eye to her scope.

"I have a solution," she said.

There was a noise behind her and John. John didn't seem worried as Bobby flopped down next to Kelly.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"People coming, not Chicoms," said Kelly.

Bobby just grunted as all three waited. John slowly crawled back out from under the bush in which they were hiding.

"Bobby, you're with me. Kelly, keep your ears peeled. Allen is still to your rear to keep you safe. Don't shoot unless they shoot first. Got it?" ordered John.

"Got it," replied Kelly keeping her eye to her scope.

She was now a little nervous. Until this very second, John had been in charge of whether she shot or not. Now it was up to her to decide. As she watched, she saw the five people take cover. She could still see them and had a solution for firing if the need arose. Then she saw John and Bobby slowly come out of the brush on the opposite side of the road. John raised his arms, his rifle still slung over his shoulder. Bobby raised his with his rifle in his left hand.

The five people in the brush rose, rifles pointing at John and Bobby. Kelly was nervous for them as the five approached. Then they relaxed. Kelly let her breath out, not even realizing she had been holding it. Still watching the five, she saw John and Bobby lower their arms and approach the five people, she saw them shake hands and hug each other. The seven now disappeared from Kelly's sight. Lowering the power of her scope, she picked them up again as they all headed back her way. Kelly waited, looking around the area in front of her for movement.

"Kelly," said John softly from behind her.

"Yes, sir," she replied looking up at him.

"We're going. Bobby and Allen will keep watch while we're gone. Bring your rifle. Lilly will be up here with hers in a few minutes."

"Okay," said Kelly packing up her things. "Should I leave the spotter scope?"

"Yes."

Kelly slipped backward out from under the bush she was using as cover. Bobby was there sliding forward to use the spotter scope. Allen was waiting to slip in where Kelly had slipped out. Kelly crawled, following John to the backside of the hill they were using. When she got there, she slowly rose to her feet. Standing waiting were the three men and two women. They all smiled at her. She didn't smile back. Looking at the brunette, she was surprised to see herself in the face looking at her. She tried not to let it show.

"So, serious, for such a young lady," said the brunette woman.

"Only when I have to be," quipped Kelly.

The woman laughed. The other just chuckled.

"I know your mom," said the brunette.

"So, do I," replied Kelly.

The brunette laughed even more.

"All right, let's go. We have a long way to go," said John.

"Introduce us," said the man with silver hair.

"Right. Kelly, these are members of the Kentucky Free Militia to the west of here. The man with the silver hair, Colonel John Johnson. The other two men are Carl Higgins," the young blonde nodded, "and Steven George. The two women are, Doctor Susan Bajek," the brunette nodded at Kelly still smiling widely, "and Doctor Michelle Wilfinger. They are here to tell us about something to our east. Gentlemen, Doctors, Kelly Sampson."

Kelly just nodded at the five her heart beating hard and fast in her chest as they introduced to her to the brunette.

Chapter 11

"I've never seen a rifle like that. Where did you get it Kelly?" asked Michelle.

"I..."

"Tell her as we walk," said John the colonel.

Smiling Kelly followed Denim as they headed home.

"Captian Denim gave me this."

"Any good with it?" asked Michelle.

"Can't miss. It's almost boring unless some of ours are in trouble."

Michelle coughed. Susan frowned. Colonel Johnson just grunted.

"What does she mean?" asked Michelle.

"When you came up over the hill, she had a shooting solution on you in seconds. If I had given the order to fire she would have dropped all of you before you could figure out where it was coming from or had gotten undercover," said John Denim.

"We were almost two miles away?" said John Johnson.

"She has dropped men farther away than that with that rifle. The range is almost three miles. The scope will try to find a solution even farther out than that."

"Do you have any more?" asked John Johnson.

"Three altogether. And no you can't have any," replied John Denim.

"I see," chuckled Colonel Johnson.

The group was quiet for the rest of the way to the cave system. Once inside the cave system, Kelly hurried away to see her mother.

"Kelly, bring your mother over to your dad's desk," shouted John Denim.

Kelly waved as she hurried away. She found her mom where she usually was during the day, cooking.

"Mom some people are here. We brought them in just a few minutes ago. One of them says she knows you," said Kelly in a rush. "John wants you over by dad's desk."

"Susan is here?" her mom almost shouted.

"That's that name she told us." Kelly glowered at her mother.

"Well then, let's go," Marie, said grabbing Kelly's hand and pulling her along.

"Mom, I'm hungry..."

"You can eat later."

Marie was still pulling her daughter along and soon both were in front of Kelly's dad's desk. Then Marie was hugging Susan. Marie was now crying. Kelly went to her hugging her from behind. Marie looked behind her, she smiled when she saw it was Kelly. She pushed Susan from her grasp and turned to squat down hugging Kelly to her.

"She's my sister, your aunt," Marie whispered in Kelly's ear. "That's why I'm crying, dear. I thought I would never see her again. And she just shows up here."

Now Kelly was crying, sobbing in her mother's hair.

"Now wipe your tears and I will properly introduce you to your aunt," said Marie pushing Kelly away so she could look into her eyes. "Understand, soldier?"

Kelly, surprised by what her mother had said, straightened up, wiped the tears from her face, and stood straight, looking into her mother's loving eyes. Nodding, Kelly, indicated that she was ready. Marie smiled at her getting up and turning.

"Susan, my dearest younger sister, may I introduce you to my wonderful daughter, Kelly, a soldier of the Free American Militia of Eastern Kentucky. Kelly, my wonderful daughter, Susan, my younger sister the doctor."

Susan was looking into Kelly's eyes, tears welling up.

"You're mother is very proud of you. She also loves you very much. I hope you will love me just as much as you do her. I haven't seen you, my niece, since you were a babe. In fact, you peed on me the first time I held you."

Kelly watched as tears rolled out of Susan's eyes. She looked around and saw tears in her father's eyes. Michelle even had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Well, give us a proper hug," said Susan arms outstretched.

Kelly almost ran the two steps it took to wrap her arms around an aunt she never knew she had. There was one other, but she had died at the start of the war with the Chicoms. Kelly could feel Susan's sobs. She squeezed her tighter. Susan responded by squeezing Kelly tighter. Then Maria joined them, hugging, and sobbing along with her little sister. Kelly pushed back from them both. She looked at her mother, anger in her eyes.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about her?" rasped Kelly.

Turning, Kelly picked up her rifle and was gone. Susan went to run after her, but Marie stopped her.

"When she calms down, we will all talk," said Marie to her sister.

Susan nodded, a single tear rolling down her cheek as she looked after Kelly.

"She looks just like..."

"Don't!" Marie shouted.

"Yeah, me too," replied Susan.

Chapter 12

Marie found Kelly sitting at the table by the fire, eating. She was just mechanically shoveling the food in her mouth as she just stared straight ahead of her, not really seeing anything. Marie sat down next to her, gently placing her arm around her shoulder. Kelly just growled deep in her chest.

"I want to apologize to you. I should have told you about your aunt and her husband and their two children," said Marie.

Kelly turned her head glaring at her mother. She swallowed the food she had been chewing on for the past few minutes.

"I have nieces, too?" Kelly almost shouted. "And an uncle!"

"Oh, my. You have a niece and a nephew Kelly, please, it was hard enough on you and me when... when... Gail died..."

"It was harder on you. I watched you sink into the darkness. I watched as dad tried to bring you back. I cried myself to sleep almost every night hoping you would come back to us. I..."

"I know dear. I'm so very sorry. I love you so much but all I could see was this darkness in my mind. I hardly noticed when you hugged me. I'm so sorry. Yet I didn't know if Susan was still alive and didn't want to find out because of..."

"I understand Mom. I really do. I'm just glad that you finally came back to dad and me. I love you. I love you so much," cried Kelly as she hugged her mother hard.

They both felt someone sit down across from them. Kelly just had to open her eyes to see that it was Susan.

"One other thing," said Marie looking at Susan. "You have grandparents too."

Susan nodded at Marie silently. Marie breathed a sigh of relief. Susan nod told her they were still alive.

"Oh my god, mom!" shouted Kelly tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Now Kelly, don't blame your mother. She didn't know if we were alive. I haven't told my children about Marie or you. I will now when I get back to our headquarters," said Susan holding out her hand to Kelly.

Kelly just looked at Susan. She could see her own face in Susan's face. Of course, she could see and knew how much she was starting to look like Gail, which she knew bothered her mother, it being not that long ago when she lost her older sister. And the way Susan looked at her, Kelly knew she looked like Gail. Then Michelle sat down next to Susan wrapping an arm around her friend.

"Am I intruding?" asked Michelle softly.

Susan looked at Kelly. Marie looked at Kelly. Kelly dropped her head, chin against her chest. Taking a deep breath, she looked at Michelle.

"No, ma'am, you are not intruding," replied Kelly softly.

"Michelle or Chelle is what my friends call me. Others call me Doctor, but that's only because I'm usually working on them to keep them from dying. My enemies don't call me anything as they are usually dead before they can form an opinion."

Kelly smiled at that nodding.

"Sorry, Michelle," replied Kelly.

"Good. Is there any more of that stew left?" asked Michelle pointing at Kelly's bowl.

"Yes," said Marie moving to get up.

"Don't, please Marie, I can get for myself," said Michelle getting up and moving to the fire and food.

"Would you like me to warm yours up for you?" Marie asked Kelly.

"No, mom, I can do things for myself..."

"I understand I was just asking as I'm going to get some for myself," said Marie.

Chuckling, Kelly, shook her head. Marie nodded getting up and going to get her some stew. Susan was just watching Kelly. Kelly looked at Susan. Susan smiled. Kelly frowned.

"I know who I look like. I also know, every time my mother looks at me I remind her of Gail. I also know, I look a lot like you and that she misses you a lot. I..."

"I know all that, my dear Kelly. You are a spitting image of my older sister. My daughter will look like her too. And I'm not here to take your mother away from you. I bring news. That is all I bring except my love for my sister and you," said Susan softly.

"Good. I hope one day to meet your children and husband and my grandparents."

"They are looking forward to meeting you also."

"How would they know?" asked Kelly.

"There is this device, called a radio. They aren't all the far from here. Your father got in contact to let them know we were here safe and sound. I then told them about you and your mom. Dad wanted to rush on over, but your dad put him off for a while. The Chicoms are restless in these parts."

"They are. More so now than any other time that I can remember."

"Well, that might be because of us. America is finally fighting back. They are moving east because it's the path of least resistance. That's why we are here to show your father, a place, which will even the odds."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

That night in bed, Kelly tossed and turned. Finally, they had allowed her to pick a room with a nice bed, four walls, and a door that closed. There was no ceiling, but that was a good thing for air circulation. There was a knock at her door. Wondering who would bother her at this time at night, she got up and opened the door. Michelle was standing there.

"Oh, you do have a big bed. Excuse me, may I share your bed?" asked Michelle.

Kelly looked at her, with surprise on her face. Nodding, she stepped back and let Michelle in the room.

"Get out of those clothes though," said Kelly opening a drawer in the chest in the corning.

Grabbing a nightgown of substantial weight, she tossed it to Michelle. Michelle smiled at Kelly as she started to strip out of her clothes. Kelly climbed back in bed, closed her eyes, and tried to get to sleep. Michelle put on the gown and climbed into bed. She lay down getting under the covers and was snoring softly in just a few minutes. Kelly relaxed and was asleep shortly after Michelle.

Chapter 13

The next morning, Kelly found herself carrying not only her sniper rifle but a shortened version of an M-16 called a GAU. She was also with a group of other soldiers and the five-person group that had shown up on their doorstep the previous day. From what Kelly could tell, they were headed east and a bit south, which would take them not far from their cave system. Eastern Kentucky was fairly mountainous so most of where they were going was up one ridge and down another. Kelly had learned a lot in the year she has been a soldier and from what she could tell, they weren't all the far from their cave system. And as riddled with cave systems as Kentucky was, where they were going their cave system might be connected.

After walking for two hours, the group stopped. John Denim showed her to a place that she could see almost everywhere. Looking in the directions they had come, she could see the flat plateau that was theirs. She could even see the hole that dropped down inside their home. She could also see any and all roads around the area.

"Don't shoot at anything unless they are coming up here. Bobby here has a radio. Call me if you see trouble coming this way. Understand?" asked Captian Denim.

"Yes, sir," said Kelly setting up her hide.

Captain Denim left. Kelly looked all around through her scope. She watched as a group left their cave system on a hunt. She could even see that Becky was part of the hunt and was carrying a weapon now. She smiled at how vulnerable she had felt the first time on a hunt without a weapon. Bobby settled down next to Kelly, setting up his spotter scope. Then Susan was flopping down next to Kelly with a small grunt of exertion.

"Hi," said Susan. "I'm Susan, Kelly's aunt."

She was talking to Bobby.

"So, I hear. I'm Bobby a friend of Kelly's," replied Bobby extending his hand.

Smiling, Susan took it and they shook.

"So, what are we looking for?" asked Susan.

"The enemy," said Kelly softly.

"Right," replied Susan a giggle in her voice.

"Two-nine-oh, about twenty-five hundred yards out," said Bobby softly.

Kelly swung her rifle to the position cranking up the magnification. Yep, a column of ten just walking along. Not coming this way, but they would be close to the cave system. And now that Kelly saw the cave system from where she was, she was surprised they didn't get more visitors.

"Let John know. Who's on over watch?" asked Kelly.

"Allen, along with Lilly. They won't be able to see them yet. Captain Denim, a column of 10 men heading to our cave system."

"Roger. Hold fire."

"Roger," replied Bobby.

A few minutes later, John Denim was next to Bobby taking a look at the ten men walking down a road that went right by their cave system.

"Alright, leave them alone. They may just bypass the place. You need to look for Chicom in the woods around this place. Leave those ten to Lilly and Allen." And Captain Denim was gone.

Bobby looked next to him and shrugged.

"May I see?" asked Susan.

Kelly looked at her aunt, nodded, and motioned for her to take a look through her scope on the rifle. Susan placed her eye to the scope.

"Nothing there."

Kelly moved toward Bobby, putting the rifle on safe. Then moved it so her aunt was now in a position to use the rifle. Susan pulled the stock into her shoulder and placed her cheek on the cheek rest on the stock. She took a sharp intake of breath, then moved the rifle around until she grunted.

"Holy shit?" she said.

"Susan?" Kelly scolded.

"Sorry. The only scope I have ever used is a 10-power scope on an M-24. A pretty good gun, but you have to be a lot closer than you do with this gun."

Kelly just nodded.

"Do you see the men walking down the road?" asked Kelly.

"Yes. I do. I also see a young woman and a young man with a rifle just like this one but I think the mountain is in their way."

"Shit!" came from Bobby. "They are off-road, headed down the cut."

"Tell John, Susan give me that gun back," ordered Kelly.

Susan slid the gun back to her niece and moved away.

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,086 Followers
12