Christmas Entanglements Ch. 07

Story Info
New Years becomes a memorable event.
14.6k words
4.83
4.1k
3
0

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 12/23/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 7: Seeing in the New Year

It wasn't that long after the old year rolled over to the new that George decided that she needed to be somewhere less crowded. The hours leading up to the countdown to midnight and the fireworks display had been fine, there were fewer people and they were more interspersed in the area. Even as the crowds got thicker closer to midnight, the collective anticipation more or less kept people staying where they were. However, almost as soon as the fireworks were over people started pushing around trying to get somewhere else.

George had no desire to join the crush of people and would have preferred to wait until things got less hectic but Aaron was eager to meet back up with his friends who apparently had gone to a bar not too far away.

The group, made up of Anna, Aaron, Bridget and George slowly made their way to the bar through the crowds. George was constantly being jostled by people either not noticing her or not paying attention to where they were walking. If it weren't for Bridget sticking close to her and bumping away a number of other people who might have walked into her, George might have taken a swing at someone. On reaching the bar where Aaron's friend were, they found that there was quite a line outside. George was unimpressed and would have argued for going somewhere else, except that pretty much every other bar or club had a line to get in as well. George internally sighed as they joined the line.

As they waited in line they were talking about things of interest to everyone until Aaron segued onto something about university and George was effectively cut out of the conversation. She tried to be interested in what the others were saying but there were too many references to things that required personal knowledge. George's mind drifted away and she found herself wondering what Chris was doing. Maybe he was somewhere close by. The thought of potentially running into him got George curious enough to want to find out where he was. It seemed unlikely that she would be able to get in touch with him tonight but she still wanted to try. Anna, Aaron and Bridget were animatedly debating something so George didn't feel too bad about taking out her phone and sending a message to Chris.

(Hey Chris, how's your night going? Did you all go out somewhere?)

She put her phone away, not expecting a reply anytime soon. Her attention was drawn back to the conversation which had turned into Anna and Aaron gleefully arguing. Bridget had noticed her looking up from her phone and gave her an apologetic smile. "Sorry about that. We didn't mean to exclude you."

George smiled and shook her head. "That's alright. How are you coping with the cold?"

Bridget hugged herself tightly and started stepping in place. "It's not too bad but I'll be happier when we get someplace warmer."

Looking at the length of the line ahead of them, George frowned. They were moving forward but very slowly. It seemed like no one inside the bar was that eager to leave and brave the cold outside. "Do you think we'll be getting inside anytime soon?"

"We fucking better, too much longer and I'm heading to the nearest warm place."

George felt her phone vibrate and when she checked it she saw a message from Chris.

(Happy New year George! I'm in the city with Dave and Sarah. It's a little too crazy so we're thinking of getting out of here.)

George frowned slightly as she thought. This was a good chance for her to get away from the crowds of people. Getting to see Chris might mean that her night wouldn't be ending too early as well. The issue was how she could gracefully leave Anna and Bridget to go see him. Maybe she could arrange to cross paths with Chris and his friends. George quickly sent another message to Chris.

(Where are you at the moment?)

A response came back shortly that told her that Chris, Dave and Sarah were at a coffee shop that was fairly close by. George looked at Bridget who was hugging herself tightly and almost jogging on the spot to try to warm herself up. She was feeling the cold a bit herself and the thought of going somewhere warm and getting a hot drink was enough to convince her that she should go to where Chris was. She turned to Anna. "I really feel like getting a hot drink, do you want to get a coffee or something?"

Anna was thinking about it when Aaron interjected. "We're not that far from the front of the line. If we go now we'll have waited for nothing."

George almost rolled her eyes. "I don't know that this place is going to be worth the wait but I'm not saying that we should just walk away. Some of us can stay in line while the others go and get something hot to drink." She looked toward Anna. "Are you in for a coffee run?"

Anna thought about it and looked like she wanted to go as well but didn't want to abandon Aaron. She eventually shook her head. "No, I think we need to have more than one person stay here to keep our place in line."

"That's okay I can go get a coffee and come back."

Bridget spoke up. "I'd like to go too. A hot coffee sounds really good to me.

Anna had noticed George checking her phone and sending messages and there was a hint of suspicion in her expression. "Okay but don't take too long."

"We shouldn't be. Did you want us to bring you something back?"

Anna smiled and shook her head. "No. I'm fine, thanks for asking."

Without any further discussion, George and Bridget left the line outside the bar. George was walking at a fairly quick pace but Bridget didn't say anything, with her longer legs it was easy for her to keep pace and it would be helping to warm her up a bit. The crowds walking around weren't as thick but there was still a fair amount of annoyingly slow people to get around.

They passed by a coffee shop and Bridget voiced her confusion. "George. We just went by a coffee place, did you have somewhere else in mind?"

There was no point in hiding why they were going someplace out of the way. "Yeah. Chris is at another coffee shop not far from here and I thought it would be nice to see him and wish him happy new year in person."

Bridget let out a short amused laugh. "Yeah? Just how happy a new year are you going to give him?"

She was just teasing but George was definitely considering that as something that could happen. She gave Bridget a smirk. "We'll see."

"Ooh, this sounds like it could be fun." Bridget's response showed interest and a hint of excitement.

It wasn't much longer before they reached the place where Chris said he was. As they walked into the warm coffee shop Bridget sighed with delight. "This is bloody heavenly, can we stay here?"

George laughed. "Maybe. We'll have to see if Anna and Aaron reach the front of the line for the bar any time soon."

She scanned the slightly crowded seating area and spotted Chris at a table sitting across from Dave and Sarah. She nudged Bridget with her elbow and pointed out where Chris was. Bridget looked over and her eyes briefly widened with recognition.

"Oh! It's the same couple he was having lunch with that time at work."

From the smirk on Bridget's face, it wasn't just Dave and Sarah that she remembered. George smiled at her own memories of that day.

George and Bridget both ordered coffee and waited close to the counter while shooting occasional glances at Chris, Dave and Sarah. They seemed fully engaged in conversation and didn't notice George and Bridget.

Once their coffee orders were ready, George and Bridget approached Chris' table. It was Sarah who noticed them first and upon recognising George she smiled and waved, her eyes then went to Bridget and her eyebrows quirked into slight puzzlement but the smile remained. Chris and Dave turned to look their way as well. Dave's eyes widened with surprise but Chris simply smiled as if he had been expecting to see them. George was briefly irritated by his expression but as they met each other's gaze she felt a small jolt of excitement that had her grinning.

When she and Bridget were closer to the table George called out happy new year and they all returned it cheerfully. Dave and Sarah then turned their attention to Bridget with Sarah saying she almost didn't recognise her all covered up and without her work uniform.

George was about to grab another chair so she and Bridget could sit down when Dave and Sarah stood up. When George gave him a questioning look he smiled apologetically. "Sorry to leave just as you two came by but we have a get together we should have been at thirty minutes ago."

After telling Chris that they would see him again soon and saying it was good to see George and Bridget again, Dave and Sarah headed out.

George and Bridget took the seats Dave and Sarah just vacated. Chris looked at both of them. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

Bridget practically smirked which Chris noticed and had him looking at George with an eyebrow raised in curiosity. Thinking quickly for something that didn't make her sound too eager to see him, George opted for something that was mostly the truth. "We were waiting in a line outside in the cold with Anna and Aaron. When I saw where you were I thought it would be great to get a coffee and why not say hi to you at the same time."

Chris nodded. "Yeah, everywhere looked super busy out there. That's how Dave, Sarah and I ended up here."

"Since Dave and Sarah had some other place to be, what are your plans now?"

Chris shrugged. "I was thinking of finding out where some of my other friends ended up and maybe joining them. Otherwise maybe head home."

This was an opportunity for George to ask to leave with him but Bridget responded first. "Why don't you come with us when we go back to the bar. It will be us, Anna, Aaron and two of our other friends, Tim and Warren."

"Is that going to be okay with them that I join you?"

"Sure, I don't see why not."

Chris still looked a little doubtful but he nodded. "Okay then, I'm in."

Thinking of Anna waiting for them back at the line for the bar, George checked her phone but there weren't any messages from Anna. Still she knew that they had probably been away for long enough. "We should head back to Anna now."

Bridget sighed with disappointment but didn't object. "I was hoping we could stay a bit longer but at least we have something hot to drink."

When George, Bridget and Chris got to the bar they found Anna and Aaron were no longer in line. They were standing not too far away, talking with Aaron's friends.

Bridget groaned. "Shit. I didn't think we were gone that long."

George frowned. "I don't think we were. Let's find out what's going on."

As they got closer Anna saw Chris and shot George a questioning look. George smiled and shrugged in response. Chris said hello to Anna and shook Aaron's hand. He was then introduced to Aaron's friends Tim and Warren. Once the introductions were over George asked why they were waiting outside.

It turned out that Aaron's friends had heard that a band they liked would be playing a gig at a place that wasn't too far away and they wanted to head over there. Aaron was eager to go with them and they were waiting to see what Bridget and Geirge thought.

On hearing their plans, Chris apologised and said that he wasn't up for going to a gig. Anna turned to George to see if she was interested. "What do you think, George?"

Since she was already over the crowds and waiting outside in the cold, the prospect of heading to another popular spot and potentially having to line up again wasn't very appealing. Plus there was a much better prospect available if she went with Chris. George shook her head. "Sorry, I think I'll call it a night." She turned to Chris. "Can you give me a lift?"

"Of course."

It was obvious that Bridget also wasn't too excited about what was planned and on hearing George was going to bail with Chris, she perked up a little. "Is it alright if I go with you two?"

George didn't mind if she did, it would just mean a quick detour before they could get back to her place. Chris didn't have any inkling about what George wanted and so he readily agreed to taking Bridget home as well.

"Awesome." Bridget's face showed pleased relief. Turning to Anna and Aaron, her expression became apologetic. "I'm sorry for ditching you but it's too fucking cold to stay outside for much longer."

There was a brief pause as Anna and Aaron took in what Bridget had said. Aaron then turned to look at Anna. "So it looks like it'll be just you coming with us."

Anna thought for a moment before responding. "I think I'll go with Bridget and George and let you guys do what you want without having to cater to me."

Aaron didn't know whether he should try to convince Anna to stay out with him and his friends. After a moment he nodded. "If you're sure you don't want to come us... "

Anna nodded. "Have fun, I'll talk to you later."

Aaron said goodbye to Anna with a quick kiss on her cheek and then said bye to everyone else before hurrying off with his friends.

Chris led the way to where his car was parked. George automatically went to take the front passenger seat and didn't give any thought about how natural it seemed. From the backseat Bridget chuckled. "It's actually quite a roomy back seat. It would be pretty comfortable during a bumpy ride right?"

It took a moment for everyone to realise what Bridget was implying but when they did Chris groaned while George and Anna laughed. Chris turned to look back at Bridget with a small smile. "You sound like you have a fair bit of knowledge about back seat rides. Is that the case?"

Bridget winked. "I bet you'd like to know."

After they all laughed, Chris then asked where they wanted him to take them. Wanting to avoid someone else coming up with a suggestion that would hinder what she was after, George quickly spoke up first. "I didn't feel like staying out in the city but it still feels too early to call it a night. Do you want some company?"

Chris shrugged and smiled. "That would be nice. It's a bit late to head to another party so I was just going to head home and my mother and her boyfriend went out to a party with Anna's parents. Not sure where they're going after the party though. Do you know Anna?"

Anna nodded. "Yeah, they'd probably be at my home by now. Your mother might stay in our guest room, so If we're going to go somewhere your place might be the best for us to hang out."

"Yeah, if she doesn't sleep at your house she'll probably spend the night at her boyfriend's. We can go to my place and there will be plenty of room if anyone wants to crash there."

Anna seemed happy with that suggestion. "That sounds good to me."

Bridget wasn't going to be left out. "As long as it's warm, I'm happy with wherever we end up."

George hadn't really intended that they would all go and hang out with Chris but she could roll with this turn of events.

On the drive to Chris' place they made small talk about how their night had gone and what Bridget usually did for New years eve in Australia.

After arriving at Chris' house, he brought them to the living room and as Anna, George and Bridget were sitting down he asked if they wanted something to drink.

Since George hadn't had much alcohol that night and it had been ages since her last drink she wanted to get the atmosphere a little loose. "What kind of liquor do you have? Anything we can shot?"

Bridget enthusiastically agreed with what George was asking while Anna just looked amused. Chris had to think for a moment before he answered. "There's not much here that's good for doing shots unless you're interested in some Fireball?"

It wouldn't be George's first choice of liquor but she liked it well enough. "That's fine with me."

Bridget and Anna were both fine with doing shots of Fireball as well so Chris went grabbed the bottle and some shot glasses. When the shots were poured and passed around, the four of them shared a grin, called out happy new year and downed their shots.

The heat of the cinnamon whisky gave George a real kick. The burn from the shot must have caught Anna off guard as she spluttered a little. George patted her back and they shared a smile. To George this felt like a better celebration of the start to the year than watching fireworks and she felt excited at the thought of what she was sure would be coming later.

For now though they were discussing what activity they could do. Bridget spotted a video game console by the television. "Do you have Mario Kart?"

Chris' response was to look at her as if she was crazy. "Uhh yeah, I think it's practically mandatory."

"Great, let's play then. I'm sure I can beat you in a race."

"Challenge accepted."

Chris set the television and game up and passed a controller over to Bridget. As the race started Chris shot off to the lead immediately and while Bridget actually gave him a challenge, he won handily. Bridget acted like she was a sore loser but laughed when she was made to do another shot.

They all took turns racing each other and had a couple more shots each. It was a lot of fun and beside some suggestive comments and light flirtation there wasn't anything that brought sex to the forefront of George's thoughts.

After a while Anna yawned and stretched. "I'm starting to fall asleep. I think it's time for me to go to bed."

Chris got to his feet. "I'll take you to the spare room and check to see you've got everything you need."

A little after Chris and Anna had left the living room, Bridget turned to face George. "Do you want me to go to bed as well so you and Chris can be alone?" There was a somewhat wistful tone to her voice.

George was engrossed in the video game and so it took a moment for her to realise what Bridget was getting at. The reminder of what she was really after tonight sent a surge of heat through George's body and she suddenly felt a little bashful.

"Uhh, no at least not yet. I haven't talked with Chris about that. I'm not sure if he wants to."

Bridget eyebrows rose with a skeptical look. "You really think he wouldn't be interested in sex? You two have been constantly flirting with each other."

"I thought he was flirting with both of us."

Bridget cocked her head to the side and then smiled briefly. "Maybe, but I think it's you that he would be going after. You two have been together already after all."

"I guess so."

At that moment George felt more than a little bad. She had previously told Bridget that it would be fine if she had sex with Chris but there hadn't been many opportunities for Bridget to meet Chris without George being around too. From what George knew, Bridget hadn't had sex in some time.

She wanted Bridget to have some fun but not at the expense of missing out herself. Thinking it through, George thought she might be being a bit greedy. Her pussy was still sore from the other day but she didn't care, she wanted to have sex with Chris tonight. The issue was that she didn't think she could take too much of Chris' cock. If Chris had his usual stamina and drive, George might not be able to make sure he was satisfied as well.

Another problem was what Chris might want to do. Was he even in the mood for sex? And if he was given the choice, who would he want to have sex with?

George was a little intimidated by Bridget's height and her bigger breasts. Bridget had a nice ass too, though George was quietly confident that her ass was better. Despite what she and Chris had going on, there was still a touch of insecurity that if given a choice he would choose Bridget over her.

George wasn't going to let that happen, she would be having sex with Chris. It was just a matter of whether she would be able to convince Chris to give Bridget some attention as well. It seemed to her that the best option would be to take charge and urge Chris to go along with what she wanted.