Christmas On Duty Pt. 02

Story Info
For the love of a song.
2.3k words
4.19
6.3k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Pastiches de Oggbashan Story Event"

In December of 2012 Oggbashhan wrote his story 'Christmas On Duty'. He put it in the Romance section and so shall I. The only major difference in my add on to his original is he wanted to have the date in the 1960's before texting and mobile phones. Mobile phones were limited to phones installed in cars or other vehicles in 1973 and texting didn't start until the late 1970's. Because of this, and the calendar, I have set the story in 1975, sorry Ogg.

I want to thank Eric and Glenn for taking the time to give it a beta read.

*

"Could you be Mr. Jones to my Mrs. Jones, in a hotel over Christmas? I paid for Henry and me to go away. I can't face the hotel on my own, so why not with you?"

"Are you sure, Belinda? You don't know me that well."

"Four days should remedy that, Alan. So, are you Mr. Jones? Or aren't you?"

I hugged her.

"For you, I'm Mr. Jones. Where is this hotel we are going to?"

"In the country near Tunbridge Wells, Shit! We have to be there before eleven tonight. Henry was driving me there and I haven't got a car."

"I have. It's parked outside, loaded with my suitcase for a long weekend away. I can drive us there. Where is your suitcase, Mrs. Jones?"

"Over there." Belinda pointed to a corner of the room. "I wasn't sure whether to go or not. A romantic Christmas in the country sounded great for a couple. On my own I'd probably have drunk too much and been too sorry for myself. But as Mr. and Mrs. Jones we could enjoy ourselves and drown our sorrows in each other and alcohol."

"That sounds like a wonderful Christmas, Mrs. Jones."

It was. The only one under the name of Jones but the first of many as Mr. and Mrs.

********

The drive took them an hour and a half through the scenic countryside. They arrived at eight with plenty of time to spare. The room was fantastic but the company was better. At 12:01am they enjoyed the first of many, wonderful sessions between the sheets in the beautiful town of Royal Tunbridge Wells.

Like all good things, the four days came to an end, to soon. The drive back to London seamed to take forever. They would both need to report back to work the next day. All Alan could think about was why couldn't he get a girl, no a woman like Belinda for his own?

The next day at work it was just like old times. Alan stayed in his department and Belinda in hers. New Years Eve was going to be just like Christmas Eve for Alan, he had agreed to work the phones again. When he showed up he was surprised to find Belinda there also.

"Belinda, are you working the phones instead of partying for the New Year?"

"I heard a certain someone was working alone again and I just couldn't let him do it by himself."

"I figured you would have a party or two to go to."

"And just who was I suppose to go with?"

"I don't know I don't have an answer for that."

"Well I do."

"OK, I'll bite, who?"

"The only man for me is Mr. Jones."

Like the week before they manned the phones until 6pm. As they shut everything down for the last time in 1975 Belinda asked him what his plans were for the four days.

"I know this little R&B pub a few blocks away from my flat. I was planning on bringing in the New Year there."

"That sounds marvy; I've never been to an R&B before. If I get out of hand will you watch over me and keep me safe?"

"Just like Gladys Knight and the Pips, with 'Every Beat of My Heart'."

Belinda looked at him, this time not as the guy she spent four nights with but as a potential partner for the future. They got to his flat and then walked down to the newly opened 606 Club. It hadn't been opened that long so they didn't have live music for the evening, but they did have a large selection of recorded R&B songs.

They walked in and were seated right away. The waitress took their drink order and they began to enjoy the sounds. It must have been around 10:30pm when it happened. They sat and were just gazing into each others eyes when the song, 'Me and Mrs. Jones' came on. Belinda listened to the words and began to tear up.

Alan looked at her and asked if she was alright, she said yes, just over come with joy. They stayed at the club for a while longer but decided to ring in the New Year back at Alan's flat. For the second time in two weeks they spent the better part of four days in bed together.

Monday, January 5th 1976, was the start of a new week and the start of a new year. Alan needed tea and he needed it badly. As he entered the break room he could hear the ruckus going on a head of him.

Henry was yelling at someone and trying to pull them elsewhere. Alan finally got a look at who it was and his blood ran cold. Henry was trying to drag Belinda into another room.

With out thinking Alan walked up to Henry and said, "It might be in your best interest to let go of her hand and get out of here as fast as you can."

"Why should you care dummy, this has nothing to do with you."

"Really Henry, you start off a conversation with an insult? For your information this has a lot to do with me. You see she and I are engaged."

"Why would you want to be engaged with a whore?"

"Henry, when you insulted me I let it ride. Insulting Belinda is a different story."

"Shit dumb ass, she's fucked over half of the male..."

That was all he got out before he found himself flying across the room. Alan reached down and offered Belinda his hand.

"Mrs. Jones, will you marry me?"

Belinda looked deep into his eyes and squeaked out, "Yes."

The office manager came running into the room and wanted to know what was going on.

Alan looked at him and said, "Henry was trying to force his will on Belinda and I told him to leave her alone. He called me a name and I let it slide. He called Belinda a name and I told him not to because we were engaged and he did it again.

"I gave him a chance once but the second time resulted in him getting hit. Now would you please get him out of here before he says something else and regrets it later?"

"Alan, don't you mean you regret later."

"No sir, I don't think I stuttered when I said him. He ever touches her again and I will break his arm. He ever calls her a name again I will knock out all of his teeth. If he feels the need to call me a name I could care less, but not Belinda."

"You know you can get fired talking like that."

"Possibly, but now he knows what could happen to him. If you don't mind I'll be taking Belinda out of here now."

As she stood to leave everyone started clapping and cheering her on. Alan walked her back to her desk and handed her a hankie to wipe her eyes. He asked one of her fellow workers to watch over her while he went back to get them each a tea.

When he returned he gave them each a tea and told Belinda he would see her after work. He returned to his desk and started back to work when the owner came in to see him.

"Alan, what the devil is going on?"

"Sir, I realize Henry is your brother-in-law, but he has no right to treat a female the way he was treating Belinda."

"What do you mean; all I heard was that you hit him for no reason."

"Well sir I guess you aren't informed about everything that goes on around here. Six months ago Henry started an affair with Belinda. Some how your sister found out, two weeks before Christmas Henry broke it off with her.

"Your sister said she wanted to go to the Christmas party so Belinda decided that it would be best for her not to go. We spent the holidays together. We did the same over New Years. I asked Belinda to marry me and she said yes.

"Henry was trying to force her back into a relationship that she didn't want so I hit him when he insisted on calling her names. I warned him to never do it again or it would be worse. If you feel the need to let me go, so be it. Even if I'm not here I will still go looking for him if he tries something else."

"Go back to work Alan and I'll get back to you."

He turned and walked out.

Alan took Belinda out for dinner and asked if she would like to move in with him so they could save money. She gave him a wet sloppy kiss and said yes. They went to her flat and loaded up some of her clothes and headed back to their new home together.

Tuesday morning Alan, Belinda and Henry were summoned to the owner's office. As they walked in Henry had a smug smile on his face.

"Alan, I'm going to start with you. As a company we cannot condone violence. We understand the reason but that doesn't make it alright.

"Belinda, we are sorry that you have become a victim in all of this. We want to offer you a promotion to Section Head of your current department.

"Henry, this isn't the first time I have heard rumblings about you. We are moving you to our office in Chester. You have the rest of the week off to move and you start on Monday.

"Now Alan, back to you, we have decided to make you the new Office Manager starting on Monday. We are giving you and Belinda the rest of the week off to prepare for your new jobs. Now you are all dismissed."

Alan and Belinda had a lot to do, they needed to inform all the relatives on both sides and set a date for the wedding. Henry laid back to talk to his brother-in-law.

"Why am I the one being punished in all this?"

"Well Henry, you caused the problem so I'm taking care of it. If my sister chooses to stay with you, you will at least still have a job. If I were you, I would do anything to keep my marriage intact, if not you might find yourself looking for another job. Now get out of here."

Two notable things came to light the following Monday, first Belinda showed up with a whole new look. She was dress in a nice business conservative suite cut just above the knee, beige panty hose and two inch heels.

Alan walked straighter and with more confidence. The world was now their oyster. They let everyone know that they planed to be wed before the end of the month, and all who wanted to come were invited.

For the next three years they volunteered to man the phones on Christmas Eve, where they would then leave for the bed and breakfast in Royal Tunbridge Wells, checking in as Mr. and Mrs. Jones.

One day at work one of the upper management personal asked Alan to describe how they got together.

"Well sir, I would have to say through songs."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the first time was because she had reservations at the bed and breakfast under 'Mr. and Mrs. Jones' just like the song by Billy Paul.

"On New Years Eve we went to an R&B pub and Belinda asked if I would watch over her and I said, just like the Gladys Knight and the Pips song, 'With Every Beat of My Heart'. Ever since we got together I now have to say we have a third song that we lean on, 'Behind Closed Doors' by Charlie Rich.

"I'm sure, as time goes by we will have others like maybe 'Lady' by Styx. Over the last three years our love has only gotten deeper. If I had to give advice to young men looking for the right one, start by associating them to songs to see if there is a fit."

He patted Alan on the back and walked away shaking his head. Later that year they were informed of Belinda's pregnancy. The babies, yes she was having twins, were due right around their fourth anniversary.

When the twins were born they had to reevaluate how they did things. Over the four years Alan's wages had gone up enough so Belinda could stay home with the kids if she wanted to. The first thing that changed was their annual trip to Royal Tunbridge Wells.

So they picked Spring Bank Holiday for their new Mr. and Mrs. Jones escape.

Time passed and their love grew, now as they prepare for their 44th wedding anniversary. Both boys are grown with families of their own. Alan and Belinda taught them to be the best persons they could be.

What had started as a joke all those years ago grew into a true love story for the ages. Alan and Belinda are thinking of writing a book about their lives, but that is a story for another time.

********

Thanks again Ogg

Me and Mrs. Jones -- 1972
Preformed by Billy Paul
Written by Kenny Gamble, Leon Huff, and Cary Gilbert

Every Beat of My Heart -- 1961
Preformed by Gladys Knight and the Pips
Written by Johnny Otis

Behind Closed Doors -- 1973
Preformed by Charlie Rich
Written by Kenny O'Dell

Lady -- 1973
Preformed by Styx
Written by Dennis DeYoung