Cinnamon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ugh," I said. "There are benefits to working behind a counter in a cafe."

"You're not safe there," she said, grinning. "I can get to you."

"Only because you're sneaky."

She laughed. "Only with you."

"I like it," I said softly. "I loved the way you said hello this morning. Surprise hugs are my kryptonite."

She smiled at me over her shoulder. "Now that I know you like them, you can expect many more."

"Can I?"

"Definitely," she said, softly. She brushed the mushrooms into a bowl, and looked around. "Pass me that clove of garlic, please?"

I put my wine down, picked up the clove, and carried it over to her. She reached out, and almost without thinking I took her hand and held it.

She stood still for a moment, then put down her knife, and turned to me.

"What are you doing?" she said, softly.

"Holding your hand."

"Why?"

"Because it's a beautiful hand."

"Is it?" she whispered.

"Very." I raised it to my lips, and gently brushed her palm with a kiss.

Her eyes were dark, unreadable. But the small smile was there, and she didn't try to pull away. "Eddie," she said, softly. "I need my hand back. So I can cook with it. You... you can do that again in a bit."

I placed the clove of garlic on her palm and closed her fingers around it. "A pearl without price," I intoned.

It took her quite a while to stop laughing.

.:.

"Are you this nice to all the girls you rescue?"

I grinned at her, and set my wine down on the coffee table. "Nah. Only the ones who deserve it."

"And what are the criteria for that?" she said, amused.

"Oh, let me see. One, must be devastatingly delicious."

"Oh Eddie," she said, laughing.

"Two," I continued, grinning at her. "Must be a good height for hugs. Three, red hair. Red hair is de rigueur."

She brushed hers out of her eyes.

"Four, must turn me to jelly inside."

"Now you're teasing me."

"One hundred percent cross my heart and hope to die," I replied softly. "Since the first day you walked into the cafe you've been on my mind."

"Why didn't you ever say anything?"

"Because it's extremely bad form to hit on the clientele," I said. "My uncle had to fire someone who did it and wouldn't leave the poor girl alone. Full on stalker episode. Pete was livid, and Marco... lets just say, Marco threatened to kill me if I messed you around, you don't even want to know what he did to that guy."

"Marco threatened you?"

"He said you remind him of his sister."

"That's sweet," she said. "I've never had my own pet Italian... but, back to why you never said anything. Why?"

"Because I didn't want to scare you away."

"You make my days happy. Why would I be scared of that?"

"Yeah, but I didn't exactly know that then, did I?"

She laughed softly. "Yeah, I guess. Sorry, as I said I'm... not very good at this."

"At what?"

"People and stuff."

"From where I'm sitting you're doing just fine, Natalie."

"I don't know what's correct, Eddie. What's acceptable. What's overshare, what's too withdrawn. I... struggle with cues."

"So," I said softly, "how would you have reacted if I'd said something?"

"I'd have stuttered, dropped my coffee, dropped my bag, dropped my bag again, walked into the door, and probably been too mortified to come back for at least a week."

"That bad, huh?"

"You always had a smile and kind words for me. Always. No matter how bad your day might have been, you saw me coming and you smiled. You were the... the thing I looked forward to when I came to Moorgate. I didn't dare to dream of anything more."

"Now who should have said something."

"Pot, kettle."

I took a breath, then shifted along the sofa till I was alongside her. I put my arm onto the seat back behind her. After a moment's hesitation, she set down her wineglass and leaned back against me. And once more, I felt the shuddering sigh she let out as she melted against me. She turned slightly, placing her hand on my chest and resting her cheek against my shoulder. I gently wrapped my arm around her, holding her to me, doing nothing else no matter how much I wanted to. Around us, blues and jazz built and faded, but we stayed still, in a bubble of time too precious to disturb for anything.

.:.

"I wish you didn't have to go."

"I would love to stay. But I should go."

"Have I scared you off?"

"You could put a horse head in my bed and you wouldn't manage to do that," I said softly, gently lifting her chin. "But you've just met me, and I want you to be sure."

"You're a really nice guy, Eddie."

"I try."

"Come here," she whispered, and I wrapped her in my arms again. She pulled back slightly, looked up at me, then rose onto her toes to kiss me gently on the lips. "Thank you for wanting to look out for me."

"Any decent person would," I said, heart pounding.

"No. Very few would. You did." She squeezed my hand. "I'll still be awake for a while."

"Can I..."

"What?" she breathed.

"Can I phone you when I get home?"

She smiled up at me. "I would really like that a lot."

"Talk just now then," I said, reluctantly letting go of her.

"Eddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Nothing. I just like saying that. Eddie. Eddie. Eddie."

I laughed. "Go inside, crazy girl."

"Mwa. Mwa. Love you." She closed the door, leaving me staring at the outside, entirely at a loss.

.:.

The walk to the underground didn't clear my head. Neither did the ride home. Neither did the walk to the doorway. Neither did the coffee, nor the ribald greetings from my housemate Jack the Stripper, on his way out to meet friends. I sat on the couch, waiting for him to leave. He stuck his head around the door and gave me a look. "You ok mate? You look a little wild-eyed."

"Met a girl. Waiting for you fuck off so I can talk to her."

"Oh right. Haha, good luck. I'll be out of your hair in two minutes."

"You going out on the sauce again at this time of night?"

"Nah, not tonight. Going to meet some mates for a late flick. Right, that's me. See ya later, Eddie."

"Cheers Jack. Have fun."

I slumped back against the backrest and waited for the door to close. Then I dialled Natalie.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Click

"I was beginning to think you weren't going to phone."

"Had to wait for a housemate to head out," I answered.

"Oh, so you wanted me all to yourself."

"You could say that."

"Mm." I heard her take a breath. "I'm all wet."

"... What."

"In a bath. I'm bathing. You caught me in the bath."

"My inner letcher is gibbering."

"You have an inner letcher? Sad. I thought it was an outer letcher."

"I have both," I said, stretching.

"My bath is deep. And there are bubbles."

"It sounds really nice."

"It is. I lit candles."

"Whereas I have a wine-spotted couch and a fluffy blanket."

"So sad. You'd be far better off here. You could perform duties such as handing me the soap. Or washing my back. Or my front."

"God, you're a minx," I groaned, imagining her semi-submerged in iridescent bubbles.

She laughed softly. "Sorry. You're just so much fun to tease. I like being able to get a reaction out of you."

"More than a reaction," I grumbled.

I heard the sound of water, and she let out a slow sigh. "Mm. Oh god, I love this bath tub. Perfect length for me to stretch out these long legs of mine, arch my back, clean myself all over."

"Natalie..."

"Uh huh..." she breathed.

"Are you teasing me?"

"Maybe a little bit," she giggled.

"Oh all right, carry on then," I said softly. "Just wanted to check this was deliberate."

"So, so deliberate. So very, excruciatingly deliberate," she breathed.

"I love your voice," I said, after a moment.

"I think there'd be more to love if you were here..."

"I wish I'd stayed."

"So do I."

"So is in-bath phone calls something you do regularly?"

"Only for extra special people," she said. "Ditto for the offers to wash my back. I may like hugs, but you've got to earn the right to more."

"Well, I'm glad I somehow seem to have done so."

"It's a short list. One name on it. Eddie..."

"Uh huh."

"I really, really wish you were here right now."

"Believe me, so do I."

"I love it when you watch me."

"Sorry. It's just so hard not to. You're beautiful."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. You are."

"I'm glad you like me."

"Like isn't strong enough. You're stunning. Your proximity does things to me I've never felt before. I get tingles everywhere when you touch me."

"Your arms are amazing," she breathed. "So nice. So strong. Uhn. So strong."

"Natalie?"

"Keep talking, keep talking Eddie..."

"Um..."

"I need to hear your voice," she moaned. "Need it."

"Are you..."

"Yes. Yes. In the. Bath," she said, with strange catches in her voice.

"Oh... wow... now I really wish I were there." I took a shuddering breath. "I wish I could see you doing this."

"I wish your hands... were on me... right now," she whimpered. "Wish I could... hear you breathing."

I was hard now. Aching. Natalie's panted phrasing had pushed me from flustered to full on horny in about ten seconds, and I burned for her.

"Tell me what you're doing. I want to see it in my mind."

"Slumped back. In bath. Legs... open, hooked up on the sides, my nipples are... so hard. Oh god. So hot. Your voice..."

"You were so amazing tonight. I wanted to touch you. Hold you. Kiss you."

"You... should... have," she whimpered. "Would have... climbed on you."

"I'd give anything to be holding you now."

"Are you... burning for... me? Hard for me? Aching?"

"Unbelievably so."

"Oh god I... wish I could... hold you," she panted. "Right now... now... oh God... oh..."

And then a soft, wordless moan, ragged breathing, nothing intelligible. I sat, aching, listening to her as she came.

And then, silence.

"Natalie?" I said, after a few moments.

"Here," she breathed. "Oh... oh my god, that was delicious. Your voice is just perfect for me."

I laughed helplessly. "Well. Now you're stuck with me. Because after that display I'm never going to be able to get you out of my head."

"Mm. Good. Good," she purred. "Oh God, I needed that so much. That was amazing, Eddie. Amazing."

"Natalie?"

"Mhmm," came the languid response.

"Don't fall asleep in the bath."

"But it's so nice," she drawled, laughing. "Don't worry, Eddie. I'll get out before I turn into a prune. Mm. Well, at least I will once my legs stop shaking."

I joined her laughter. "You minx. You did that so deliberately."

"Oh five brazilian percent," she agreed. "I thought you deserved more than just me in a miniskirt."

"You have defeated Eddie."

"Did you drop any good loot?"

"Not yet, you still need to pillage me."

"Oh, babe, don't worry. I plan to."

.:.

I had lain awake for hours, tormented by the image of Natalie toying with herself, with me. I'd conjured innumerable fantasies where I'd been present, experiencing it with all my senses instead of just hearing it via the phone. Eventually I'd resorted to a manual override as I termed it purely so I could sate the physical need. But even masturbating had become deeply unsatisfying now that I'd heard her come for me. I ached for her. I thought of her constantly. A cold shower did nothing for me. Neither did a hot one.

I could not get her voice out of my head. The soft, panting gasps as she'd got close. That moan as she'd orgasmed. The languid, bubbling laughter afterwards. I needed to feel it. Needed to feel her. To taste her. To be in her.

Sleep eluded me, and morning came all too slowly.

Marco watched me stumble through the day with amusement. He affectionately called me Cazzo once or twice, and laughed at me when I singed myself on the coffee machine steam feed.

The Thursday morning brunch rush was in full swing when Natalie arrived. She stood patiently in line, waiting her turn, flushing slightly each time she caught me looking at her.

"To go?" I asked.

"Please," she said softly. "Also, I want to say sorry."

"Sorry? To me? For what?"

"For last night. It was cruel of me to do that to you."

"Natalie, I loved it."

She flushed a deeper red. "So... you're not weirded out?"

"It was the best phone conversation I've ever had. Just wish I could have been there in person."

"Oh. Ok then. I'm relieved to hear that."

"I'd love to do it again sometime."

"Come visit tonight," she murmured, blushing fiercely now. "Don't be late."

I handed her her coffee. "I won't be. Natalie?"

"Uh huh?"

"Two things."

"Yeah?"

"Firstly, you're beautiful when you blush."

"Eddie," she whispered. "Stop it. I'm supposed to be going to work. How'm I going to concentrate if you tell me things like that?"

"Secondly... I'm really glad I'm going to see you again later."

"Oh Eddie... you have no idea." She flashed me a little private smile, then turned. I spent a moment admiring her perfect denim-clad bum as she walked away. She turned, saw me looking, and winked. And then she blew me a kiss from the door.

After that, it was butterflies and burns until closing time.

.:.

"Wow."

"You like the outfit?"

"Oh my god."

She laughed, turning, showing herself off for me. "I know how much you like looking at me, and knowing you're doing it makes me want to pose for you... so I thought I'd make it easier for you."

"As I said, can't help it, you're my kryptonite."

Natalie smiled, closing the door behind us. "It's a bit chilly outside for this," she said, running her hands over the cotton lycra top and down her sides. "But it's incredibly comfortable. Like a second skin."

"It looks tight enough to be your skin."

"Oh it is. Everywhere," she added, stretching her arms up over her head and posing.

"You're killing me, Natalie."

She stepped into me, wrapping her arms around me, letting me feel every inch of her slender, toned body. "You made me feel like I'd gone to heaven last night; it's only fair I give something back. Also, I pay my debts," she breathed. "And... dressing this way for you does wonderful things for me."

"You'd be arrested in many countries for public indecency in that outfit."

She laughed. "Nothing is showing. Well, mostly nothing. Nothing is see-through. I fail to see how I could be accused of anything. Thinking is not doing," she added, eyes twinkling.

"Those ski pants look painted on, and I can feel every bit of you when I hold you like this."

"That's the idea, Eddie."

"You're going to break me."

"Maybe a little. But it will be so much fun," she added, grinning. "Come on, you. Come and earn your supper."

"What are we making?"

"We are making Thai green curry for a change."

"I didn't think tonight could get any better."

"Get to work, slave. I need chilli, ginger, coriander leaves... and try not to get any on your fingers," she added with a wink.

"Yes, mistress."

She stood close, intentionally brushing up against me each time she moved, smiling at me whenever she saw me watching her. At one point, she slipped behind me, wrapping her arms around me and holding herself close against me as I carefully chopped a ginger root. "Don't move," she breathed, pressing herself against me and writhing slightly. "Getting my fix."

"Your fix?" I groaned.

"Feeling your body against me. Makes me supremely happy."

"Ditto, you know. But it makes it very... very hard to concentrate."

"Hard. Mm. I noticed..."

"Natalie..."

"Shh," she said. "Chop ginger."

"Done," I announced, after a while. She let go and emerged around me to sweep the spices into a small wok.

"Wine?" she suggested. "There's a sauvignon in the fridge that should be nice with this."

I topped up our wineglasses, then leaned against the counter watching her move. Her top really was skin tight; I could see the faint bump of her nipples under the clear outline of her bra's cups.

"It's not padded," she observed. "Just in case you're wondering."

"I was."

"Well, now you know," she said, smiling up at me.

"You share a lot about yourself with me."

"Told you. But it's mainly just because it's you. You turn me into a harlot. I don't share anything with randoms."

"They're lovely by the way."

She arched her back, pushing out her chest slightly. "I'm glad you approve."

"Oh, I do. Believe me, I do."

She reached out and took my hand, and I swallowed as she brought it up to her breasts. "Natural too," she said with a breathy catch to her voice, cupping her left breast with my palm.

"Oh wow. Oh god you feel magic."

"Uh huh," she said, pushing herself against me. "You should feel it from this side... Oh... oh, that's nice..." she added in a hiss as I teased my fingertip around her nipple. "Oh, you can definitely do that some more in a bit."

I trailed my hand down over her breast, over her ribs and down over her firm, flat stomach, gently cupping her belly and holding her to me. She pressed herself back against me, and I was conscious of the hard bulge of my penis. She was too; she laughed softly, deep in her throat, as she felt how I was responding to her. "It's nice to feel that," she breathed, wriggling her bum slightly against me. "Makes it even better for me to know I do that to you."

"I am so far out of my depth right now I can't see shore."

She turned to look at me, and watched me for a breath, for two. Then she stood up on tip toes in to kiss me. "Then go with the flow," she added softly. "God knows I am." She turned back to the counter. "Hold me," she said.

So I did.

.:.

"This is so much better than I dreamed it would be."

"You dreamed about this?" I said softly into the nape of her neck.

She wriggled slightly in my arms, pushing back against me. "Literally every night since the first time I saw you. Not to mention many baths."

"That is extremely flattering."

"You were so sweet, always smiling, lovely voice, and totally my type for what that's worth."

"Hah." I breathed in, then sighed out, enjoying the small shiver she gave.

"I obsess about the things I like," she added. "Obsessively."

"Is there any other way to obsess?"

"Self-destructively... but this is so not that," she breathed. "This is far too good to be bad."

I stroked my hand gently over her stomach, and she gave a quavering groan. "God, Eddie, it's like you're drawing lines of fire on my skin when you do that." She arched back against me, moaning again as I teased my fingers slowly upwards along her ribs and from there to the gentle swell of her breasts. She pressed her bum hard against me, writhing slightly against my rock-hard penis. "God you feel good," she panted. "This is everything I wanted it to be. You. Me. Sparks. Butterflies."

"Dragon attack," I whispered, as I slid a finger up to circle her right nipple. She groaned something unintelligible, reaching behind her to pull me against her. "You are perfect. Perfect," she hissed. "Love your voice. Your sense of humour. That ass."

"Ditto," I breathed, planting a gentle kiss on her neck.

She squirmed, twisted, writhed around to face me. Her eyes were half-lidded against the gentle light, but I could still see and feel how flushed she was. She cupped the back of my head and pulled me to her. Her lips tasted of salt and wine. She kissed me, gave herself to me, pressed herself to me so that it felt like every inch of her slender body was touching me.

Then she broke free, and let out a shuddering sigh. She wriggled down, repositioning herself, then lay there, staring at me, smiling that magical slight smile.

"You ok?"

"Yeah," she said. "Yeah. I... yeah, I'm great."

"This is the best evening I've ever had," I said softly.

"It's pretty up there for me too. It's been a hard couple of years for me. Pretty lonely ones. This makes a really nice change."

I brushed a strand of her hair back from her cheek, and then kissed her forehead. "I'm glad I make you happy."