Civilization Aqua America Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Odessa spoke up, "Quiet, let her tell the story."

Alisha said, "Males are much bigger that's how you know."

She continued; I did not think he knew I was there plus the wind was blowing away from me. I backed up slowly to not get his attention. I turned around and jutted off in the opposite direction, I was a good mile away when the wind shifted making me downwind, at the same time I stepped on a twig.

The Devil heard it, then looked in my direction saw me; it took off running. Now, these things can run at 24 km/h for up to an hour nonstop.

I took off running as fast as I could go.

But the Tasmanian Devil was catching up.

I ran for half an hour, but it was relentlessly after me.

I was coming up to a large gorge as I was running. Then a thought came to me, use your glider.

Stopping then fumbled trying to open my backpack, but the zipper got stuck. So, I turned around to face this huge Male Tasmanian Devil putting my fist up and looking as fierce as possible hoping it would see me as too much of a challenge.

It came 5 feet away then stopped, then just leisurely walked away.

Odessa and Gretchen were looking worried, staring.

Odessa said." That's it!"

Gretchen said," Oh gosh Alisha."

Alisha replied, "You see I had a sweatshirt and on the back was a giant Penguin their favorite food source, when it saw I was a human it lost interest and left, Tasmania Devils do not hunt people you goofs, laughing ha ha ha."

"You said you wanted a story, well?"

Both Gretchen and Odessa reached for pillows to bombard her.

Down in the living room Odessa's mom heard all the noise coming from her daughters' room, she had just came in from an audition for a play opening up at the theater. She yelled, "Odessa!" but got no answer. She got up from the couch where she had been laying down trying to get some rest, headed down the hall towards Odessa's room.

Mom yelled, "Girls!"

Odessa's mom then knocked on the door but got no answer. She opened the door, when all of a sudden, a huge pillow hit her square in the forehead knocking her back out the room.

Alisha had ducked from one thrown at her when Odessa's mom opened the door.

"Oh, so that's how it's going to be, huh." Odessa's mom replied as she collected herself, suddenly disappearing.

Alisha, Gretchen, and Odessa just looked at each other.

Alisha said, "Oh my god Odessa, I am so sorry your mom almost fell if she hadn't caught herself.

Odessa replied, "Awe she's okay, she could use a good pillow in the head every once in a while.

Ha ha ha ha, they all cried out in laughter.

Things had calmed down as the girls lost interest in the pillow fight.

Suddenly the door flew open, there stood Odessa's Mom and Dad with a large Woven Clothes Basket full of Water Balloons.

Dad said, "Bombs away."

Mom said, "I get the first shot." Firing a loaded one at Odessa hitting her square in the face, it busted, flooding her good.

Dad fired at Gretchen who ducked, the water balloon hit Alisha in the back as she fled to hide.

Mom saw Gretchen duck, laughing she threw one, but it went, wild hitting dad.

Who said, "Whose side are you on, laughing."

Odessa said, "Mom grow up, Dad you too."

Odessa's mother broke in, "I want this room dried, laundry done, and apologies from the three of you!"

Odessa strongly stated, "This whole childish mess is your and Dad's fault why should we clean up the mess you guys started?"

Dad busted in, "You'll figure out the one who holds the weapons has the final say." Let them have it, Rachel. Both of them bombarded them again and again. Rachel said to her husband go fill up more balloons while I hold them in the room.

Odessa and the girls finally gave in promising to clean up, dry out her room, do laundry, and apologized, saying, "Please stop."

Later that day Odessa still fuming, however, Alisha and Gretchen said it was the best day of the summer.

Back Story Stephan McQuerrey

Stephan's father was an engineer who helped build the Falkirk Wheel, a rotating boat lift in Scotland, and other building projects in England. Stephan had been around engineering all his life. He grew up in the highlands of Scotland, his grandfather owned one of the few gulf courses in the land handing it over to his dad upon his death. He was an only child often dreaming about sea fairing and treasure hunting as most Scottish boys did. Stephan reached 6 feet, 1 inch by the time he finished high school.

One day while he was just turning 12 sitting outside a way's down from the local pub, a strange man dressed as if a pirate walked by, curiously he watched the man for a few hours, it got late so he hurried home for the evening.

The next day was Saturday, after breakfast he asked his parents if he could walk along the ocean? They both said, "Okay but stay out of the water."

As he was walking along the seashore, he saw the pirate-looking man, he stooped behind a large old fallen tree. The man walked towards an old beat-up boathouse going inside.

Stephan snuck up peeping in a small window, the man was laying down nothing unusual about that. Then he observed the man pull out a binder, in it were pictures of a woman and a boy, the man began to weep and sob.

An hour later the man left heading towards town.

Stephan knew he shouldn't go any farther, but he just had to see if the man left the door unlocked. He tried it, yes it was unlocked, he opened it gingerly walking inside. Looking around did not see anything out of a normal home of a single older man. He opened one of the man's photo albums, seeing a woman and three boys, one looked a lot like him, crazy he thought. He closed the album looked up and there stood the man.

"Caelan?" He asked.

"No, I am Stephan."

But from the smell, he sensed the man was a bit drunk.

"Caelan, oh my precious sweet boy, I have missed you so much, where is your mother?"

Stephan hurried out leaving the man's boathouse running home.

The man was so drunk he was not able to follow.

Later that week he met the man in town while he and his parents were shopping, he apologized for the confusion showing his parents pictures of his passed away wife and kids.

Stephan's father and mother said, "Boy he looks a lot like their son."

Stephan and the man ended up being good friends, eventually letting him drive his sailboat and teaching him a lot about the sea. After a six-year friendship, the man passed away leaving Stephan his entire inheritance, sailboat, boathouse, and a bank account worth 500.000 dollars.

Stephan used this money for college, applied to Cal Tech, and was excepted, for the fall semester of 2014.

College at the California Institute of technology

The fall semester arrived, both Odessa and Michael were excited about being at the California Institute of Technology. They had two classes together: Micro-electro systems and nanotechnology causing them to form a lasting friendship.

While those classes met, the team's core would create new underwater advanced living systems. All assembled in classes eventually during their college career.

These are the team members who will become known as the Fabianite's of the seven seas (TfSs). They are Michael Branson, Odessa Zorcova, Alisha Knight, Matthew McCann, Roger Jones, Stephan McQuerrey, and Gretchen Fleur.

Their first semester for the team was the fall; this cut down the curious students from the dedicated ones and the overcrowded campus. The group met after school at Rachel's house because her parents were gone most of the time. Her mother seeking acting gigs, and her father, who worked full time for Paramount, sometimes stayed for a week or two on the paramount grounds; he hated the traffic.

They began studying for exams and finals after becoming friends in class. All these young people were ambitious, competitive, and cooperative. All of them came from outstanding high schools, thus a 3.0 GPA, which meant you were just okay. No one cheated; why? To cheat suggested you were not honest. Dishonesty was a means to get you not only kicked out of school but primarily out of the group plus dismissed from their friendship.

Someone could take your place; was the group Motto, remember, no matter the intelligence or status in life.

A dishonest person is not trustable; I know people can make mistakes; no one is perfect. However, no matter the person's intelligence, this flaw is the worst and can never be tolerated by this team/group.

Drugs, of course, are not allowed; any person involved demonstrates a lack of self-control, also could not be trusted, nor possess the ability to maintain intelligent concentration. It does not matter your rights as a human. You can do whatever you want, or a political group says it is okay, we voted it in; or your doctor ordered you a prescription. These will not be allowed by the group by unanimous decision. However, it may be addressed in a significant manner in the development of eldercare or mental illness sometime in the future.

Coffee was the only stimulant thought of as positive.

The first thing they did other than college activities was pool their collective minds together in a project. The first one chose to be selected Michael since he and Odessa were the group's creators. He won a coin flip allowing him to go first.

Michael chose Robotics; they gathered all available information and collected 20,000 dollars from their parents to create an artificially intelligent robot about three and 1/2 feet tall. This robotic creation, equipped with retractable arms and legs, air pressure lift procedures, and the ability to learn from repetition. The team sold the schematics to G.M. for $500,000 plus royalties, and they kept the patent.

This project took the whole freshman year to complete, but it was well worth it

They all paid their parents back with 5% interest.

The next project was Odessa's; since she loves the outdoors, she chose horticulture, because she did not want it to be like everybody else's, she said, "Underwater horticulture."

Everyone crowded around saying, "great Idea, Odessa, it will be a worthy challenge."

They broke the project into three parts Aeroponics, underwater lighting systems, and Underwater Biosphere systems.

Odessa and Alisha took Underwater Biosphere gardening.

Michael, Stephan, and Roger took Underwater aeronautics.

Gretchen and Matthew took underwater lighting.

The most important part of the project was to build an underwater capsule big enough that could hold the plants and vegetables from the earth's surface in adequate amounts to make it viable. Was this impossible no one knew but, they all got their collective minds together, giving it a shot.

They met once a week at Odessa's house in Altadena, California, to go over advancements and project stumbling blocks.

Everything had gone well; projects were running on time and without a glitch. Sophomore year went by too soon, then what happened to the Junior year is everyone's guess. Wow, it is a senior year already. We are about to graduate how time has flown by so fast.

Senior graduation did not go as expected.

June 6th, 2017 came very quickly for Michael, Odessa, and the group.

As expected, everyone passed with flying colors, everyone receiving Summa Cum Laude, with Odessa scoring third-best in their class.

The Commencement ceremony was at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum that year. They walked down the aisle and across the stage, shaking the Chancellor's hand. Everyone had so much fun and embarrassment as their families hollered out, yeah! And congratulations.

Odessa was seated on the stage as one of the graduating student's speakers.

When it was her turn, she blurted out, "Dad, you have a big mouth." The crowd busted out with laughter as Dad sunk in his seat, with her thinking to herself. "That will fix you."

After the laughter had subsided, she spoke, "I proudly speak for all students at the California institute, who has worked so hard and come so far, for the parents who supported their child's hearts ambitions.' 'We pledge to give you a different course of action, like nothing before we forge like our founding fathers,' 'To create a new world as nothing has gone before.' 'I, Odessa, Zorcova bring you the class of 2017. This day we will rise in infamy; to save this world from its blood, sweat, tears, and horror."

She stopped; she was in a trance, forgetting for a moment where she was at. --Silence from the audience, as no one knew what to make of what she had just said. Then one person clapped and another, then the whole audience stood up clapping.

At 23 years old, Odessa was, of course, very bright; however, most of the time, she wore baggy clothes and sweatshirts, but for speaking at her commencement and graduation, she wore a fuchsia Tom Ford shell with a matching skirt for the ceremony. She garnished with Mateo New York earrings, Djula rings, and Christian Louboutin heels; she was stunning.

The group members stood there stunned and dumbfounded as she walked down from the podium, then afterward on the grounds outside. Stephan spoke up, "Odessa, you look great. I did not know you -- then he stopped; I mean, you always are covered up."

Saying the sentiments everyone was thinking but did not want to embarrass her.

She said, "look, you guys, it was my mom's idea; she insisted I wear this thing. I told her years ago if she let me be my own person and not force me to be like her, I will wear anything she wanted at my college graduation. She even made me write it down and sign it."

"She wanted me to get into acting.' 'I have never had a problem with my mom until now."

They all said, "Well, you look great hugging her."

Michael and the others congratulated her on the speech, saying. "Where did all that come from."

She relayed, "I just looked off in the distance and said whatever came to my heart no matter what."

"Well, it was wonderful, they all said."

Suddenly a group of 10 Gothic-looking people appeared, one of them a female said. "Hey, Odessa."

Odessa turned, looking, said, "hi, Wonda."

It was the gothic group from her neighborhood back in Altadena, California. She knew them all since she was a child but was never interested in that style or group.

Wonda said, "Still too good for us, huh? But I see you have upgraded with half breeds and

Chocho's."

The sun was going down as dusk was settling in.

The guys moved between the girls and these punks; Alisha and Gretchen formed a half-circle with Odessa in the middle behind them.

Odessa spoke up loudly, "We are all over 21; we are adults. Can we sit down and discuss this, perhaps resolve the issue?' 'I am not going to fight you, Wonda."

Wonda replied, "We are tired of you goody two shoe white girls siding up with these low-life Minorities.' 'Our whole Nation is caught up into it now. Well, at least one of you will get your ass kicked for it.' 'It is going to be you and anyone stupid enough to be around you, on top of all that.' 'School is over, so it's ass-kicking time."

They pulled out chains from underneath their long black coats, swinging them over their heads.

Four guys Michael, Matthew, Roger, and Stephan stood firm as these people grew nearer.

Michael whispered, "Do any of you guys have belts on, pull them out now." Michael, Roger, and Stephan said, "they did," Pulled them out. "Matthew, when I grab a chain with the belt, you come from behind me and fuck him up," stated Michael.

One big gothic guy came up real fast, swinging wildly, Michael using his belt, blocked it, then locking the belt around it, pulling it tight. Matthew came from behind Mike and clocked him a good one sending him reeling backward. Michael followed up with a jab, then a stiff uppercut that shook him; he collapsed to the ground with a thud.

Two tall, wiry guys moved up on Stephan but were not swinging their chains, and one struck out at him. He blocked it, but the other struck at his legs, sending him stumbling to the ground.

Roger flew in and smacked the guy; Matthew hit another guy with a powerful right punch. Stephan sprung up fast, smashing the first guy who fell back and hit the ground.

While all that was going on, Wonda had circled back to where the girls were.

Alisha Knight moved like a cat swinging into action; she was amazing and looked like Scarlett Johansson, the movie actress. Taking her shoes off and jumping up on Wonda, flipping her like a whip, she went crashing backward, ripping her black plastic pants.

Behind Wonda, another girl was lurking, seeing what happened to Wonda jumped in so suddenly it took Gretchen by surprise. This woman grabbed Odessa's hair pulling her whole head backward bending down.

It was a fight or flight sudden reaction because out of nowhere, Odessa swung her right hand up hard and fast with power, hit the girl right under her chin. Causing her to flop backward, Gretchen finished her off with a dropkick that sent her crashing to the ground.

The guys at this point had taken all the chains, throwing them behind them.

Mr. Zorcova and Michael's father, hearing all the commotion came running over with some of the ceremony's guests.

Wonda and her crew went running off.

Michael's Dad Franklin and Mr. Zorcova said, "What was all that about?" saying, "wasn't that Wonda, the kid who lives down the street?"

Odessa spoke up, "It was just a little misunderstanding, dad; let's just forget about it."

Later that day, they all met to discuss what had just happened and that security was an issue no one thought about but needed addressing soon.

Gretchen spoke, "Since my grandparents were in the underground in WW2 when I go back home during summer break, I will ask their advice." Great, everyone agreed to have a special meeting to discuss this subject, and everyone should bring ideas to the table.

Odessa told everyone to meet at her house one week from today.

Things returned to normal as the days went by, the TfSs team went back to their projects.

The Fabianite Meeting

Odessa's house in her basement was very spacious at 5,000 sq ft that her parents allowed her to turn into a science/business laboratory.

Leaders Michael and Odessa of the Fabianite's of the seven seas (TfSs) group meeting itinerary would be the 5th of every month.

They spoke in length about the water caissons and tankers to move equipment and needed Items for the underwater city.

Odessa stood up, saying, "We are going to build organic Aeroponics, of course, but we want the traditional farming vegetables along with them. Lighting will be of utmost importance and surface pressure for the ocean floor and super floating biospheres." We are gathering reproducing seeds of all types from all biospheres of the earth.

Of course, she went on, and we are waiting for the air surface pressure, containment, and lighting teams to finish before our work begins.

"Great work, Odessa," he added; with that, he adjourned the meeting.

Underwater Aeronautics

Stephan took the lead in this project being his passion, building. His father was an engineer who helped build the Falkirk Wheel.

What he came up with is building plastic Caissons, pumping the sea water out of it until it sank to its place on the ocean floor.

Michael took control of the robotic mini-subs software, Hydraulics, and artificial bits of intelligence. His goal was to create an automated tug-sub, then operate them using the Mini-Bots they had already started.

He chose to work on underwater surface pressure and atmosphere for the ocean floor. The three men hired their teams and met once a day on Skype to collaborate notes, work progress, and unforeseen issues that crept up.

Roger had a great idea he wanted to go over with the Aeronautics team, his creation of Steel Plastic or what he called Steel integrated plastic. It was well able to withstand the pressure of 8 tons per sq inch at the deepest part of the Mariana Trench Ocean. Of course, we will be choosing areas on the ocean floor much flatter and less deep-seated than that, but the worst-case scenario needed to be analyzed.