Climbing the Charts Ch. 02

Story Info
Libby's getting well known.
5.7k words
4.26
1.8k
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 01/19/2024
Created 12/28/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
eroslit
eroslit
2,737 Followers

Things were moving much too slowly, at least in the mind of Libby Pike.

Having just signed a recording contract with Bluegrass Records, Libby wanted the fame and fortune that goes with it to arrive instantly. She was warned the process of completing and releasing a new artist's first record could take more than six months. Still, she was impatient.

Libby continued to work as a waitress at the northern Kentucky diner that employed her the past several years. The thirty-two-year-old single mom continued to care for her preteen daughter. And Libby continued her relationship with friend and unofficial manager Eric, who was a saint during this portion of Libby's life.

It was Eric that introduced her to the leader of a local band, Gunpowder Creek, who made Libby the lead singer. That exposure led to the contract offer as a solo artist.

Now she waited.

A few weeks after signing her contract, a representative of Bluegrass Records texted her to say they would soon be submitting to her a list of potential cover songs to include on the album. Libby already knew a songwriter was giving her one of his new songs to include. Then, the studio would need to schedule the session players, reserve recording times, etc., etc.

It was all driving Libby crazy. Fall turned into winter. Then, the week before Christmas, Libby got an early present.

Peter Strovak, the man who signed her to Bluegrass Records, was on the phone.

"Libby, I've got great news for you," he began. "The organizer of SummerFest, that country musical festival in southern Ohio every summer, called me and said they had an act cancel on them. He wanted to know if we could send somebody. Of course, I thought of you first."

"That would be awesome," Libby replied.

"What that means is this. We need your album done and in the stores before then. Preferably, you'll be getting some airplay, as well. I'll be prioritizing your recording so we can make the most out of this opportunity."

"I'm available anytime you need me, you know that," Libby assured him. "Let me or Eric know what you need and when."

Her next call was to Eric and Libby was considerably more animated on that one. Eric was excited for her. He reminded her, once again, that she needed to take care of her voice during the cold, drizzly weather.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," she told him. "More time under the warm covers with you is what I need."

"Exactly!" Eric laughed.

As Strovak promised, the pace picked up considerably. The album's content was reduced to a dozen possible songs. Libby recorded demo tapes for each one. Her favorite, from the beginning, was 'Waiting for Someone', the original ballad written for her. She hoped it would be the first single but had little control over that.

One major issue was resolved in her personal life when Libby's parents eagerly offered to take care of Emma, Libby's daughter, during the entire process. Between numerous trips back and forth to the Lexington recording studio and work, Libby's free time was limited. She did manage to see Emma several times a week, doing her motherly duty of encouraging more and better schoolwork.

Emma begged to be able to go to SummerFest, but Libby wasn't sure a weekend-long party was a setting she wanted Emma to be in. Libby made no promises.

Finally, in January, Bluegrass Records was ready to start work on Libby Pike's self-titled debut album. Libby and Eric both went to Lexington, with Eric's role limited to offering emotional support. His support was much needed as a new singer, with new musicians, in a new environment was somewhat overwhelming. However, Libby's obvious talent and good looks convinced those around the record company that they might have a star in the making.

The marketing department, especially, was excited to work with a 'girl next door' singer. They weren't impressed with the limited number of photos taken by the professional photographer the day Libby signed her contract, so Eric suggested he take a few of Libby outside her diner. Marketing was on-board with the idea and Libby was thrilled to include the employer who kept her afloat as the potential album cover.

The photos turned out great. It was just Libby in casual jeans and a tank top, leaning against the front of the diner one day after it had closed.

"When I'm famous," Libby told Eric with a smile, "people will be swarming to this place. Betty will love it."

Eric knew the senior waitress Libby referred to, who for so long protected Libby like a mother hen, would be happy. Now if Betty would only stop trying to get Eric and Libby to walk down the aisle, he'd be happier.

By the end of February, the album was complete. Strovak had contacts at country radio station WWOH in Cincinnati who were always willing to play a new single from Bluegrass Records a few times to see what response it got. Strovak sent them 'Waiting for Someone' with a request to be told when the station would first air it.

Eric had previously asked Strovak to only notify him in advance so they could surprise Libby. The good news was that it would be at twelve fifteen on a Monday, a busy time for the diner and it would be packed. The bad news was that Eric, a financial advisor, had an appointment with a client and couldn't be at the diner. He would have to wait until Libby got off at three o'clock to see her.

Libby was her usual smiling self as the clock crept past noon. Then, over the speakers, everyone heard:

"OK, folks. Y'all know that Jenni and Jenkins love to premier new songs whenever we can. Well, today we have a special treat for you. Our friends at Bluegrass Records sent us a song by a local girl. That's right. A fabulous new singer from here in the tri-state area. Her name is Libby Pike, and you may have heard her as the lead singer for Gunpowder Creek, the house band at O'Hallohan's in Newport."

A loud cheer went up in the diner. Betty rushed into the kitchen to grab Libby, leading her back into the dining room by the hand. Then Betty put her arm around the younger waitress.

"Well, Libby's a solo artist now and just finished her first album. We are so proud at WWOH to be the first station in the country to play 'Waiting for Someone' by our very own Libby Pike!"

Another cheer rang out, until the first notes of Libby's ballad were heard. Then you could hear a fork drop while the divine voice of their favorite girl rang out. By the end of the first verse, a tear flowed down the cheek of Libby Pike. All the years of scrounging for money to eat. All the abuse from her ex-husband. All the sexual innuendos from customers. All those people could go to hell because Libby Pike was going to make it.

People stood and applauded when the song ended. An embarrassed, yet proud, Libby waved to them all and thanked them over and over. A hug from Betty, and then it was back to work.

Eric would arrive at the diner a little past three. It was Libby's day to close the place up, so she was alone when Eric knocked loudly on the locked front door. Libby ran to open it.

"Did you hear? They played on record on the radio, Eric! Can you believe it?"

Eric hugged and kissed her, twirling Libby around one time afterward.

"You're a star, Libby."

"Come here. Come here," she said, excitedly dragging him by the hand toward the kitchen. "I've been waiting for you all day."

Once behind the swinging doors of the kitchen, Libby pressed her body against Eric's and said, "I want you to fuck me."

"Here?"

"Right here. Right now," she replied, putting her hand on his crotch. "We're going to celebrate."

Eric watched as Libby quickly opened her jeans. He followed suit, already feeling his cock respond. Libby pushed her pants down her legs and did the same to her panties. Almost before Eric could pull out his cock, he was looking at Libby's luscious ass while she leaned against the counter.

Eric stroked his cock a couple time, reaching around to hold Libby's tits through her shirt with the other hand. That's all it took. He was ready.

Eric spread her legs slightly with a gentle push of one hand on her thigh. Libby complied as well as she could with clothes around her ankles. It was enough for Eric, who moved his hard cock into place and drove it forward into Libby's pussy.

He heard her familiar groan of delight as he began to fuck her. Eric managed to get one button of her shirt open and inserted a hand to grasp her breast. The bra slid aside, and he pinched her nipple, resulting in another squeal from Libby.

Her pussy tightened around his throbbing cock. They had fucked many times in many places, but this was different. Better. Pure sex practically in public.

The sound of their bodies smacking together beat like the rhythm in one of Libby's songs. Eric held her by the waist, slamming his cock into her with more intensity. Libby braced herself on the slick counter the best she could, waiting for her body to signal that she was about to cum.

She didn't have to wait long. For three hours she had anticipated this moment with Eric. Now she had him inside her, and she reached for her clit, running a finger over it repeatedly. She moaned loudly, arching her back as the orgasm approached.

"Yes, Eric. Fuck me...harder," she cried out.

A moment later, her body shook when she came. Eric thrust his cock into her like never before, listening to Libby howl with pleasure. As she finished, he began, shooting loads of cum into her pussy with violent bursts and loud grunts. Eric pulled her ass back towards him, pounding her pussy continually until every drop of cum had been deposited.

He laid against her back, kissing her neck and ears.

"You're so good, Libby."

The album was officially released later that week. WWOH continued to give the single airplay and Strovak pushed it as hard as he could on Nashville stations. Her first on-air interview came from a station in Louisville. The photos on the station's website got a ton of hits, convincing Strovak that Libby needed to be seen by the public as much as possible.

The single debuted at number forty-eight on the county chart. A modest start. It climbed to forty, and ultimately peaked at number twenty-nine.

Strovak wasn't concerned. Libby's name and face were out there. Sales were adequate and everyone was making a little money. SummerFest was coming.

The annual country concert took place over a three-day weekend in June. It drew around fifty thousand people to a rolling open field in southern Ohio. Despite the obscure setting, it drew the biggest names in country music. Just to be listed on the same billing as them was a gigantic step forward for Libby Pike.

She would have one chance to impress the world. If she failed, there would almost certainly be no second chance. Rehearsals with the musicians from Bluegrass Records were intense and frequent. But, as the concert neared, the set was tight and without faults.

Libby spared no expense on the purchase of a little leather skirt...quite short...and matching boots with dangerous looking heels. She preferred form fitting tops, and the one she chose had the deepest V-neck she could find. If this was going to be her one and only appearance, she was going to look good doing it.

"Go for it," Strovak told her when Libby described her outfit. "There will be national media coverage. I want your image everywhere."

Libby was scheduled to be the second act on the first day of the festival. Not ideal, but she was in no position to argue. The day was slightly overcast, but warm with no wind. Eric and Libby arrived several hours before her appearance, but the field was already nearly filled. They took time to look out over the crowd in appreciation of where they were before heading to the performer's staging area.

"Wow, look at those motorhomes," Libby gushed, staring at the reserved parking lot for performers.

"Someday you'll be travelling in one of those," Eric assured her.

"I just want to SEE the inside of one. I'll worry about owning it later."

They stepped into a large tent behind the stage, satisfied for now to just be there. None of the celebrities would appear until night came. Libby drew a bit of attention, mainly for her outfit if not her star power. Everyone made her feel comfortable. All the bands and solo artists had been in Libby's shoes at one point, some as recent as last year. There were a lot of encouraging words.

During the first act's set, Libby paced nervously while her band--all of them veterans--sat, smoked, and played cards. Both Eric and Libby marveled at the sound of the crowd, something they had never heard before from in front of them all. And they knew this was while they were mostly sober and straight. They couldn't wait until the stars arrived.

Then it was time. Libby Pike was about to show the world what she had. Some people at the diner knew. Regulars at O'Hallohan's knew. Eric knew. Most importantly, Libby Pike knew.

It was the sound of the applause and cheers following her first song that put Libby at ease. From that point on, she strutted across the stage, urged the audience to sing along with the classics she covered, and had them enthralled with her voice on 'Waiting for Someone.' When she bowed and waved at the end, the roar was thunderous.

She hopped off the back of the stage into Eric's arms.

"You did it, babe! They loved you," he exclaimed.

"I was SO nervous, Eric. I can't believe I was even able to sing."

"Better get used to it, hon."

If the reception she got from everyone in the tent--people who had no affiliation with her--was any indication, Eric was right. Praise rained down on her from all corners. Here musicians, especially, agreed it was the best they had heard from a new singer. Libby was outwardly appreciative, but inside she was exploding with joy.

It wasn't long afterwards that Libby tugged on Eric's arm, pointing to the far end of the tent.

"Oh my God. Oh my God, Eric! It's George Krill!"

Eric turned and saw the tall, handsome country star in his signature cowboy hat shaking hands with people. Krill was one of the hottest singers on the country scene, currently on a blockbuster tour. The not-yet-thirty bachelor was on the cover of celebrity magazines every week. His website had millions of subscribers. And he was walking toward Libby and Eric.

"What do I say?" Libby murmured to Eric nervously.

"How about 'Hi.'"

Krill stepped up to Libby, reached out his hand, and said, "Hi. I'm George Krill."

"Oh, I know," Libby said. "Hi. I'm Libby. This is Eric."

The men shook hands.

"I watched your set," Krill told her.

"You did? Mine?"

Krill laughed. "Sure. I thought you were fantastic. What a voice. You won't have to introduce yourself to people for very long. They'll know who you are."

"That's very kind of you," Libby blushed.

"I hope you weren't nervous," Krill said.

"Like never before," Libby admitted. "That's a lot of people watching me. It's all so new to me."

Krill smiled and said, "Listen, I came over because I wanted to invite you to the party after my set tonight. Can you make it?"

"Of course. I mean...," she looked at Eric. "Is that OK?"

"Eric's invited too, of course," Krill added quickly.

Eric nodded to Libby, but he didn't have to. "Sure. Where and when?"

Krill nodded towards the VIP parking lot. "My motorhome is parked outside. You can't miss it. My picture is plastered all over the outside. Be there after my show. I'll tell them to expect you."

"Thank you so much," Libby gushed. "We'll be there."

Krill tipped his hat and walked off to meet more fans. Libby and Eric tried to contain themselves, wondering if what just happened was real.

"I wonder what this will be like?" Libby finally asked.

"I doubt if it's as wild as the stories you hear," Eric answered. "Lots of booze, I suppose."

"You know I don't drink much," Libby said.

"My advice is not to refuse anything George Krill offers. That would be rude."

Libby nodded, watching the singer leave the tent.

The unexpected invitation meant Libby and Eric had to spend the rest of the day on the festival grounds, which was not totally bad. There was plenty to eat and Libby, still in the same clothes she performed in, was recognized by a growing number of attendees. They listened to other singers just like all the people around them, recognizing that the talent level was increasing by the hour, building up to the big George Krill concert under the lights.

Krill was magnificent, as always. For his young age, he exhibited a presence rarely seen in Grand Ole Opry veterans. The crowd loved every minute of his show, forcing him to come back for two encores while Libby and Eric made their way toward his motorhome.

Indeed, there was no missing it. The colorful custom coach stood out not only for its artwork, but for its size. When they arrived and showed the burly security guard their passes, he motioned for the doors to be opened. They climbed in and gazed down the entire length of the luxurious interior. Actually, there were three levels to the coach, with two steps down to a huge living area and, in the rear of the coach, several steps up to the main bedroom.

"I could get used to this," Libby said quietly before they entered the living area.

A man and woman were already seated there. Tom and Amy introduced themselves, with Tom indicating he was a former band mate of Krill's and a high school friend. His girlfriend Amy was an adorable, skinny girl in her early twenties who Libby determined early on talked way too much. Eric seemed to like her, which didn't help.

Soon, George Krill was entering the motorhome.

"Eric! That's Cheryl Smith!" Libby told Eric.

Right behind Krill was a smiling woman with long dark hair, a well-known singer who performed immediately preceding Krill at the festival. Tabloids had long suspected the two were a couple, but both denied it. 'Coincidence,' they would say about the billing at SummerFest.

If Libby thought her short skirt and tight top with the swooping neckline was seductive, she was getting a quick lesson in how the stars do it. Cheryl's top was one button away from flying open and the large breasts underneath made every attempt to escape on their own. Tabloid photos paled in comparison as she and Krill joined the others.

Hugs and kisses followed. Drinks began to flow and Libby and Eric each grabbed a beer. Six people fit in the space available, but just barely. Libby tried to digest the fact she was mingling elbow-to-elbow with internationally known artists at a major music festival. Life was good.

Music blared over the speakers. Libby and Eric hoped that one day Libby's songs would be routinely played in such settings. If the compliments Libby was receiving were any indication, the day would arrive soon enough.

Cheryl Smith got noticeably drunker as time wore on. She was all over Krill, but that didn't mean Tom and Eric didn't get their share of her attention. She danced and sang in her revealing shirt and skin-tight pants, seeming to go out of her way to rub her ass against both male and female.

Krill smiled at her antics, having seen them many times before. He could predict what came next.

Standing in the middle of the room, she unbuttoned her shirt. It hung loosely open, both breasts scarcely hidden from view. She raised her arms over her head as she danced, finally exposing the large tits. Eric glanced at Libby, who grinned back at him and took out a second beer.

Soon, Cheryl pulled off the shirt and held it in her hand at her side.

"She's really a stripper at heart," Krill told the group. "She only sings as a hobby."

Libby watched as Cheryl walked past each man, teasing them with her bare chest. Tom ran his fingers across the tits, but Eric decided not to. Then Cheryl came to Libby.

Cheryl tossed her shirt aside, smiling at Libby. Then Cheryl ran her hands up the outside of Libby's top before clutching the top and beginning to lift it. Libby's heart raced, instinctively wanting to stop her but, at the same time, aroused by it all. Libby's top was off a second later. Now she, too, stood topless among the crowd, with Cheryl's hands softly caressing her tits. All eyes were locked onto the women.

eroslit
eroslit
2,737 Followers
12