Climbing the Shamelessness Ladder Pt. 02

Story Info
Part 2 – In the bosom of the family.
4.3k words
4.51
6.9k
12

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/15/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Climbing the ladder of shamelessness

Part 2 -- In the bosom of the family

INTRODUCTION

Here you find the second part of the story about the journey our girl Joanna, eighteen years old, undertakes to get to know and conquer shame and embarrassment. So far, it comes in three parts. In the first, which you should have read before, she took her first nude baby steps at home and then a giant step when she exposed herself to her friend Louise and her boyfriend Robert. In this Part 2, she will take another big step, but in a different direction, when she claims the right to be naked at home, amongst her mum and dad and two brothers. Part 3 (the final part, for now) will see her be exposed and inspected at a party, under the guidance of her elder brother.

I hope you liked Part 1 and will find this Part 2 a sexy story. I try to paint a picture of how things look, sound and smell and how the protagonists feel. It may not be for everyone, however. In this story, there is no penetration, for example. Or fucking, if that is your word. But I know there is a category of readers that look my kind of story, with details of things, sensations and feelings.

NOTE: Like in Part 1, here again the main action will pass twice. The first time, where we have a narrator, who talks of Joanna in the third person and we see the proceedings from an external perspective. The second time, IN ITALICS, where Joanna describes them herself, obviously along with her feelings. If you are in a hurry, you could skip the second, personal version of the narrative, but you would miss certain details and an account of what Joanna felt and thought.

STEP 3 -- NAKED AT HOME, WITH FAMILY

Joanne knows that this afternoon is an opportunity. Her mother has taken a day off work to go clothes shopping with her elderly mother, but will only need the morning and intends to potter around at home for the remainder of the day. She herself has the day off to study for her final exams. Study she does, but, after her mum leaves for the shopping, she has the house all to herself and studies naked. She is a good and diligent student, well able to concentrate after she puts the thoughts of her nudity away. She frequently nips down in the buff for a cup of tea or a sandwich, thinking little of it apparently, well concentrated on her work.

At around 1 p.m. her mother returns to the house. Joanna initially doesn't seem to notice, until her mother shouts up the stairs to invite her to lunch. A wake-up call. She lifts her gaze from her books and notes and stares forward for a few seconds, until she draws a deep breath and resolutely gets up and marches out her door.

Her mother is busy at the kitchen counter with her back to her daughter when she asks, 'Did you get on well this morning, Joanna?'

'I did, mum. I got on really well.'

Her mother picks up the tray she was busy with and turns around. She sees her naked daughter and her jaw drops. 'Dear, what are you doing? Did you forget to get dressed? That can't be. Is the airco broken?'

Joanna stands there for a moment, then takes a deep breath and replies, 'No and no, mother. There is something I want to discuss.'

'Don't you want to get dressed first?'

'No, I don't. That is the point.'

'I am unnerved. I have never seen you like this. Well, not since I last bathed you when you were little. Not sure I like it. Don't get me wrong, you are a pretty girl, but you are more attractive with clothes on.'

'Mum, the point is, I will be naked in the house from now on.'

'My dear, I love you, but what are you saying? I agree, you should not be ashamed of your body, but naked? I am a woman myself, that is one thing, and your loving mother too. I have a healthy envy of your fresh and trim young body, but I am proud of you first and foremost. But naked? Have you thought of your father and your brothers?'

'You are all forward and open people. And dad and my brothers have seen naked women before. Not sure about Ben, but if he hasn't, it is about time and seeing me is safer than going to the internet, fumbling behind the bike shed or drunken parties. They will get used to it. I am not asking them, or you, to share in my nudity. Anyway, with respect, I am not asking for permission. I will be doing it, unless you lock me in my room.' Joanna smiles, to soften her assertion. Her confidence appears high, but some slight jerking of her bare arms betrays her nerves. She may have gotten ahead of herself -- the best defence is the attack!

'Well, have it your way. But let's agree that you'll appear dressed at dinner. If fact, be dressed when the boys come home. Throw on a dress over your bare body as a minimum. And a bra, please. Don't give away your state straight away. Let's have a quick lunch now. You can stay undressed for that, if you must. So, appear dressed to the men in the family and then do your great reveal, if you still think you must.'

And lunch they have. Joanna's mum appears to have accepted her daughter's new status or has decided that the best way to cut this lunacy short is to not resist.

-------

Joanna goes back to her room to study and after ten, fifteen minutes has regained her full concentration. When mid-afternoon the door bangs and her brother Ben enters the house, she is slow to react and don a bra and dress as her mother recommended. She beats Ben by less than a minute when he sticks his head around the door to greet her.

'So, how was your day? You look summery. Did you manage to study well or did you play with yourself?' With him looking at a pair of panties on the floor, Joanna blushes and smiles. She clears her throat and counters, 'Ah, you boy, you can only think of one thing!'

'See you later,' and he flees to his own room. We doubt whether he suspects anything. What the exchange may have done, however, is to have embarrassed her a bit. That is what she wants, doesn't she?

------

An hour or two later, her dad arrives home. He also flies up the stairs to greet his favourite daughter and youngest son before he joins his wife in the kitchen. Joanna and he half-hug. He is of an open, carefree yet responsible disposition.

Joanna meanwhile has lost her concentration and is fidgeting. Dinner will be in half an hour and she looks unsure of herself. She cannot help it, closes the door, lies down on the bed and plays with herself, following rather than preceding Ben's chance suggestion.

------

She looks apprehensive when she strides down the stairs with measured steps for dinner, wearing the dress and bra. She might have preferred to go down naked already, but her mother's request was clear and not to be messed with. Important to not upset the only ally she has for now.

The other three are seated already when Joanna enters the kitchen and sits down at her place. She blushes, which she never does! Her dad looks at her, in what may be construed as a mildly quizzical way. She takes in air, pulls herself together and looks back at her dad with a more confident smile. Her mother, Diane, notices the exchange and says, 'Richard, Ben, Joanna has a request of us. I will let her explain. And demonstrate, if I am correct. But let's first eat our soups. Nothing is important enough for us to let our soups go to waste. Bon appetit!'

Both Ben and Richard glow momentarily at the prospect of something special. They cannot possibly phantom what is at stake. The family eat their soups slowly and conduct their usual conversation, centred around everyone's day today.

When the plates have been cleared, Diane looks at Joanna and says, 'Right, dear. You are on. Do you want to demonstrate or explain first?' The boys look at each other with raised eyebrows.

'Oh, I don't know. I am embarrassed as hell, to be honest. Don't tell me I don't have to do it, because I do. Oh, I don't know. Better get the worst over with.'

She gets up and takes some distance to the table. Three pairs of eyes are fixed on her. Has a bell rung for the men by now? Joanna looks normal; a nice light flowery summerdress, complete with bra -- no evidence of her relative nudity. She is self-absorbed, like an actress. Then she grabs the hem of the skirt and lifts the dress over her head in one smooth swoop. And is naked save the nice lavender bra -- a great look, the sexiest ever. She drops the dress beside her. The men at the table swivel in their chairs and cross their legs, but don't speak. The opportunity to forbid this has just passed. She reaches for the clip at the back and releases it. The bra comes loose and she catches the cups with both hands. She holds it there for a few seconds and looks all three family members in the eyes. Is there apprehension in her eyes or just anticipation? Then she releases the bra and lets it fall. Now she is naked in front of her family. None of the members has ever seen a hairless vulva live in front of them, that is: on a grown person, so they see someone more naked than they could have imagined. There is a minute's silence, where all at the table look at her body or eyes and she just looks back.

'Dad, Ben, don't be shocked. This is just me. All I want is to be nude at home. I will do it, mind you, but don't want to upset any of you.'

Richard speaks. 'Phew, Joanna... What shall I say? I am bubbling over. You are pretty girl, no doubt. But you have to forgive me if I say this first. We live in times where many women and men come out with all sort of traumas about how they were mistreated by teachers, trainers, other people of authority and parents. I want you to state here and now in front of us that you do this of your own free will, in no way forced or suggested by your family. Sorry, but I think it is important if you say this out loud, for all of us to hear it. Think hard before you say it, because these traumatised individuals partly claim they didn't realise the offence at the time when it happened.'

'Dad, first, thank you for the compliment you made. Good to hear. I have to laugh, but understand the formality you threw in. We live in these times, yes. I will say, and am willing to write it down if you want, that I am of sound mind and no one forced me into this.'

'Thanks Jo. Sorry again, but there had to be an adult conversation. Now my personal feelings. You are a pretty girl, as I said, but you are also my daughter. Am I supposed to see you like this? Am I supposed to be easy about it? I am uptight, for now, but suppose this will wear off. Let's give it a go. I want you to feel comfortable. But I want to hear from Ben and your mum as well. First, though, you can help us by explaining why you want to be nude.'

'Well, I want to become shameless. It is my body and I want to feel as free as possible. I know, generally, the naked body is equated to sex. So, I accept that I need to cover up in public. Don't want to invite the creeps to take advantage of me.'

Richard interjects, 'That's a relief, but then I knew you are a sensible girl.'

'I don't want feel shame, however, when I think it is safe to be nude. Or should be safe. And, yes, I will use my body shamelessly to my advantage, when it is safe. I may sound like a selfish bitch...' -- her confidence and ardour run high -- '... but that is how I feel. And if I hurt some people's sensibilities, so be it.'

Diane remarks, 'I don't think we can stop you. You'd go all the harder if we tried. Do what you must. Be safe. If you want to talk about anything, we are here. Julian will be too. I know you two are close. Now, Ben, the youngest in our pack, what do you think?'

'Errr... I am embarrassed. I think of girls a lot and, yeah, about how they look naked. I haven't got to fourth base yet. Embarrassed to say that too. The fact itself doesn't bother me. I am popular enough and will get there. Just don't wanna be cheap, y'know. Of course, I have seen plenty of porn online. But now I see my first naked girl, live, and it's my sister! She is a stunner. And I am supposed to be calm about it? Composed? Well, I will behave, but I will look. Can't avoid that, sis. Anyway, go ahead. Maybe I will get comfortable. I will see it as a learning experience, for Fuck's sake.'

Diane concludes, 'Alright, Joanna. You have heard it. Do what you want. I propose one thing. Be naked always. Especially when you don't feel like it. And keep your brother here informed of how you feel. In that way, he will benefit. Knowing what a woman is about can't be bad. Thinking about it, your strange initiative could bring our family closer together. Even closer.'

Joanna says, somewhat meekly, 'Not sure about when I have my period. I don't feel pretty and fine then.'

Diane replies, 'Sorry, to me it is all or nothing. It is not about being pretty. And if you dress when you have your period, we'll know all the more and you'll be more embarrassed. The string of a tampon draws less attention. And this is precisely what I want you to talk to us about, to Ben especially, and to Julian when he is here. I do hope you will get over embarrassment about that subject and the boys will learn something.'

And so, it is done.

Joanna gets what she bargained for, or more.

JOANNA'S REFLECTIONS ON THE ABOVE

At first, it is odd to sit here, studying naked. My left hand is often in my lap, wondering what to do, or leave. I get used to it soon, though. I like studying. Don't mind being a bit of a nerd. I just like knowing things, and understanding. I guess my 'project' of shame and embarrassment is made of such stuff too. I nip downstairs a few times for a bite or cuppa, matter-of-factly.

When I register my mother's return to the house, my self-consciousness returns. I am about to reveal myself to her! My hand finds its favourite spot in my lap, but I force it out again. When she calls to invite me to have lunch with her, my heartbeat goes into overdrive. I have to breathe deeply and think, 'that woman gave birth to you, dummy, you were naked then!', before I calm down and go downstairs. Mum is in the kitchen with her back to me.

I am all self-consciousness again, when I see her turn around, as if in slow-motion. She asks whether the airco is faltering and did I forget to dress. She stands there with a tray in her hand. My confidence level drops a notch, but I pull myself together, take another deep breath and reply, 'None of these things, mother. There is something I want to discuss.' I stand opposite her, gesturing when I explain I will be naked in the house from now on. She doesn't understand, but is not mad or forbids it offhandedly. 'Fine, but it is us as a family who have to look at you. I am woman myself, that is one thing. But how about you dad and brothers?'

She sits down and looks at me. I sit down opposite her. 'They will get used to it and respect me, I am sure. They will have to as I will push through!' I smile, but I am nervous. Mother sighs. 'Have it your way! But I ask you to come to dinner covered up, dress with bra as a minimum, and explain your adventure to them like you have done to me.'

During lunch, mum acts as if all is normal, as if her flesh and blood and only daughter is not sitting naked in front of her. She is cool.

I return to my room to study. The realisation of what has just happened puts me on edge and it takes me several minutes to regain my composure. I have to banish my hand from my lap. Mum brings me a cup of tea mid-afternoon and sighs, 'You are going through with it, aren't you?' Then reminds me it is probably best to get semi-dressed soon, as Ben is due and will likely burst my door open to say hello. I wait until I hear him entering the house. Thank God he is loud. Still, I have only just finished putting on bra and dress when he flings the door open and informs after my day. I flush hot when I see his eyes notice the panties that I dropped on the floor last night. 'How was your studying. Or did you only play with yourself?' He makes such references all the time, but the panties and my conscience mess with my mind! I sigh and manage, 'Ah, you boy, you can only think of one thing!' At which point he disappears. Now I was embarrassed, by a young brat no less, and I was not even naked! God, what I am in for? But it is what I want!

I remain dressed, such as I am, until my dad comes home and as per usual comes up to greet his kids. I half get up and he bends down to speed-hug me. We are quite an open family. I like that. Meanwhile, showtime in half an hour. I have to fight off thinking about it. I don't manage and am not sure I can rise to the occasion. I succumb to the temptation to masturbate, right there, dress hitched up, I hump my pillow and use my hand to get off. Five minutes later, mum calls us down for dinner.

-----

I feel naked already and am apprehensive when I go down the stairs for dinner. When I dreamt of this moment, I saw myself going downstairs fully nude. That way, the initiative would have been mine. That would have been an advantage, wouldn't it? But mum was quite clear that I should appear dressed. I obey, because I need her cooperation. To turn this argument around: not being in control should be what I want, right? I want shame and embarrassment, don't I? I am the last of us to join the table. I blush briefly. Thank God, Ben doesn't notice, but dad does. I force a smile and he smiles back. Mum may have noticed my blushing, or the exchange between dad and myself, because she sees fit to make an announcement, 'Richard, Ben, Joanna has a request of us. I will let her explain. And demonstrate, if I am correct. But first we'll eat our soups.'

Both men look at me. I suddenly get the feeling they suspect and I blush again. I haven't blushed this often in years! God! I join the trivial conversation about our days, a bit on auto-pilot I must say. It takes a few minutes for everyone to finish their soups and then -- my heart creates havoc -- mum announces me. 'Do you want to demonstrate or explain first?' A flash of anger -- what is it to her? Why can't I be in control?

I don't know what to say... 'Mum, I am embarrassed as hell. Don't tell me I don't have to do it, because I do have to. Oh, I don't know. Better get the worst over with. I'll demonstrate what I want, but I'll die doing it.'

So, I get up and stand away from the table. All eyes on me, which absolutely kills me. The men will surely suspect by now? No one stops me or even says a word. I stare over their heads and take a few breaths. The dress... I undo the zipper at the side, take the hem and lift it over my head. I register some jerky movements at the table. I know I am naked, but for my bra. I feel the slight draft in the room. Within another five or ten seconds the bra is off -- I don't act the stripper -- and there I am. I see eyes surveying my body, my breasts and vulva -- as I said, at this time shaved pubes are rare.

'Mum, dad, Ben, what I want to do is to be naked at home from now on. I don't know... I am not asking for permission, but don't want to upset you either.'

To my extreme surprise and embarrassment, when Dad speaks, it is a legal disclaimer or whatever! He wants me to state right there in front of them that I do this of my own free will! #Metoo indeed! Then he adds, thank God, 'You are a pretty girl, Jo. We'll discuss your wish in a moment.'

'Thanks for the compliment, dad. Your other point... I have to laugh, but sort of understand where you're coming from. We live in these #MeToo times. But, y'all, I stand here naked in front of you of my own free will and of sound mind.'

Then dad explains he is uptight, but willing to labour through these feelings. He acts naturally, pretty cool, not very uptight from what I can see. That is a relief. He asks me to explain why I want to do this. I explain it is about shamelessness. I say that I don't want to have to feel ashamed when I am naked. What I don't hold back, but say in an understated manner, is that I want to be shameless and control people through the power of my body. I do say that I will not go overboard and invite the creeps to get at me. Dad praises me, but says he knew I was a sensible girl.

12