Closer Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Justin looked at the man. His light hazel eyes were genuine and full of concern. He looked away and sighed loudly. Any other time he would have dismissed Steve's claim that something was the matter, but tonight he couldn't do it. He had to talk to Steve about this.

"Kim." Justin whispered. He brought his hand to the back of his neck and rubbed until he felt somewhat better.

"Oh, I see. I was wondering when you'd finally ask me for advice about this," Steve stated. Justin looked at his father confused. How the hell did he know? The man arched his eyebrows and smiled softly. "What, you didn't think I noticed how your eyes get all hazy when your mother brings her up during dinner. You didn't think I saw you staring at her butt the last time she was over here?" Steve continued. Justin groaned and his stepfather laughed whole heartedly.

"We're not speaking." Justin said softly. "She hates my guts and I can't really say that I blame her."

"Well what happened?" Steve asked.

Justin hesitated, not really wanting to go into details about everything. "We, uh, ended upgettingtogether. Then we uh kinda got into a fight because of prom and I kicked her out of the house. Ever since then she's been acting like I don't exist and hanging out with John Ho," Justin spat out John's name with complete disgust.

"Do you love Kimmy?" Steve asked.

"No," Justin replied quickly. Then he sighed softly. "Yes," he said slower. There was no point in lying to the man when he already knew the truth.

"Does she know that?"

"No. And I don't know if she feels the same. I mean she said she was in love with me, but she was drunk. She doesn't even remember that night she said it," Justin exclaimed.

"Well you know how the old saying goes: 'A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts.' Well in Kim's case a drunken woman." Steve exclaimed.

"Even if she did love me the way that I love her I don't think it would be smart if we got together."

"Why's that?" Steve asked.

"Because I don't want to hurt her. I have been such a jerk to girls before. Like when Willa Matthews told me she thought she was pregnant and I stopped talking to her. Or when Susan DeMarco slept with me and I told everyone she was easy. I just don't want to hurt her like I hurt them and risk her hating me forever." Justin replied with pain lacing his voice.

Steve nodded his head and took a deep breath. "Well if you're man enough to admit that you've fucked up royally in the past then that means you've matured. Even if you haven't realized it, but I've seen you become wiser just a little bit every day since I married your mom. In love you have to be willing to take risk because love is a complicated puzzle that you have to figure out. You can't say that you'll never hurt Kim because that's just not reality. You two will hurt each other intentionally or unintentionally until the day you die. Just like you did with Kim last weekend, but if your love for someone is deep enough you'll be able to overcome any obstacle you face. I know you love Kim, even if you've never said it before and I know Kim love's you too. I see it in the both of your eyes all the time. I've seen it ever since you two were fifteen. Don't be afraid to love her because if you hold back you'll never be happy. Then eventually your unhappiness will lead to hers," Steve lectured.

Justin listened to his stepfather intently and believed every single word that came out of his mouth. He would talk to Kim tonight and tell her how he felt. Hopefully he'd be able to pull it off smoothly.

"I better get going, before everyone decides to leave me," Justin lightly joked before getting off the bed and grabbing the jacket to his tux.

"Remember what I said," Steve said, pointing his finger at his stepson.

"I will," Justin replied before walking out of the door. "I definitely will," he repeated silently to himself.

*********

Kim had arrived at the prom with John just as everything was getting started. She was super excited to see how everything looked. All during high school she never went to a dance or her junior prom and she was anticipating to see what all the fuss was about. Her dress was a deep cherry red color with a heart shaped bustline and a large slit going down her left leg. She felt beautiful and Mrs. Marshall made sure to take over a million pictures before she left.

John led her into the gymnasium and she immediately froze to look at the scenery. It was marvelous. No, it was better than marvelous, but she couldn't find any other word to describe it. The main colors used were purple and white. There was a huge arch in the entrance full of balloons with small amounts of ribbon. A photographer was taking pictures of various couples behind a picture of Venice, Italy. She truly felt like a princess at a huge ball and the only thing missing was her tiara.

"We should take a picture," John suggested while tugging her towards the photographer. She allowed him to take her into line behind the other waiting couples.

"Kim, you look like you belong on the red carpet," Holly Stewart commented. Kim smiled at her compliment and noticed how Holly's date turned around to look at her. His eyes quickly widened then turned normal as his face formed a sly smile. It didn't take a genius to know what he was thinking.

"Thank you," Kim replied before turning to look at John. He was smiling brightly, obviously happy that he came with the girl who looked the hottest. He took hold of her hand and they both waited in silence until it was their turn.

When they were done taking pictures they quickly set out to find a table to sit at. Kim had decided they would be better off sitting with some of her friends. They both took their seats near her friends; Edie, Brittany and Maria. Edie had Brody Thompson as a date while Brittany and Maria decided to go together.

"Damn girl, you gonna give Beyonce a run for her money in that dress," Brittany stated, snapping her fingers.

"I bet your dress is ten times better than any dress Mackenzie decided to wear," Maria laughed. Edie and Brittany nodded their heads in agreement.

"Does anyone like Mackenzie?" John asked with a smile.

"Only the stuck up rich kids she hangs out with and they might not even like her," Maria replied. Edie pointed her finger in the direction of the arch entrance and snickered.

"Speak of the devil," she said. Everyone turned to look at the 'it' people in school make their grand entrance. Mackenzie was wearing a strapless short red dress with white sequins that stopped just above her knees and flared out slightly. Kim had barely noticed the other people in the group because her attention quickly went from Mackenzie to the person she was all over: Justin. What the hell was he doing here with that bitch? She was clinging to him like some old cougar trying to show off her hot, young boyfriend.

"Is that Justin?" Brittany asked in disbelief.

"Yeah," Kim replied, rolling her eyes. She turned around not wanting to see Justin with that dumb cougar. She didn't want it too, but seeing them together extremely irked her. 'Don't let it ruin your night,' she coached herself.

"She looks so trashy. He should've chosen someone with a bit more class, but this is Justin we're talking about. His decisions in woman can be pretty bad. I still wouldn't mind hitting that though," Maria laughed and majority of the people at the table chimed in. Everyone joined the laugh except for John. John groaned loudly.

"Too much info. What about me and Brody? You can't call another guy sexy without complimenting the guys at your table first," he stated. The girls laughed again.

"Brody and John, you guys are sexy too," Maria stated after her giggle fit.

"Damn straight," Brody and John said at the same time. The girls laughed again and Edie snuggled up against her date. Everyone's group suddenly halted when they saw Mackenzie, Justin, Rory, Andrew, Susan and every other popular kid in school sit at the table next to theirs.

"Shit," Brittany cursed silently. She hated those kids with every fiber of her being. They were total jerks to her their entire junior high and high school years. What started out as a simple dislike for them grew into full blown detestation. Brittany was also upset that Justin was hanging out with those kinds of people.

Kim looked at Justin and Mackenzie took their seats which gave her a perfect view of the couple. Ugh, she didn't like this one bit. She planned on ignoring Justin during prom and now she was getting front row seats to him and his date. She tried to focus on the new conversation that started at her table, but the couple at the next table was destroying her concentration.

Mackenzie was sitting next to Justin leaning in extra close, trying to shove the breast she didn't have in his face. She had her hand in his lap and squeezed and massaged his thigh. Justin looked at Mackenzie and smiled before taking his glass of water. He asked her a question that made her smile and blush before she whispered her answer into his ear. When she was done speaking she decided to bring the bottom of his earlobe into her mouth and raise the hand that had been resting on his thigh higher. When Mackenzie was done she turned her head to the side and smiled evilly at Kim. That was it! She couldn't watch anymore.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom," she stated before getting out her chair.

"Ok, we can dance when you come back," John said. Kim barely heard him as she made a beeline towards the ladies restroom. She damn near tackled a poor girl with thick glasses. She pushed open the door and walked inside. She paced around the small space before she heard one of the toilets flush and a bathroom stall door open.

"Oh, hey Kimberly. I'm so happy you were able to make it and that dress. Oh my god, that dress is to die for. Every time a boy looks at you in that dress they look lost. I hope you're having a good time," Miss Roesnbaum said with a smile. Miss Rosenbaum was Kim's math teacher.

"I am and thank you for complimenting my dress," Kim replied softly. The teacher washed her hands and turned off the faucet before looking at her soon to be former student.

"You're welcome. Remember to take a lot of pictures. Prom night is something you should always remember. I should get going, I promised Mr. McMahon I'd save him a dance," she stated. Kim smiled and watched Miss Rosenbaum leave the girl's bathroom.

Kim looked at herself in the mirror. She did look beautiful in the dress, but the one person she actually wanted to notice was all hugged up on Little Miss Hoochie. She had to admit that she was a little jealous. She laughed softly. Now she knew why Justin was mad at her going with John. It still didn't excuse the way he acted. She heard the door open and lock. She turned to look at who just entered and it was the one person she didn't want to see. Mackenzie.

"Hey sexxxyyy," Mackenzie said as she strutted over towards Kim in her stiletto heels. Kim rolled her eyes with as much attitude as she could and was about to leave when Mackenzie blocked her path. "I was thinking that maybe we should have a little girl time. Just me and you," she continued.

"Mackenzie you're the last person on earth I'd ever want to have 'girl time' with," Kim retorted, placing a hand on her hip.

"Kimmy, we graduate next Friday. I think you should just accept the fact that the better woman won," Mackenzie exclaimed with a shrug of her shoulders.

"How do you figure that?" Kim asked narrowing her eyes.

"Well it's obvious that he wants nothing to do with you and he's clearly come to his senses. I mean he's on to bigger and better things. You didn't really expect him to lower his standards and hang out with the poorest person in school all his life did you?" Kim scoffed and moved closer towards her.

"If you ask me, he lowered his standards when he decided to be with the fakest, easiest and dumbest person in school. Besides what makes you think it's him avoiding me? I'm the one who stopped talking to him. Why don't you try to get you're facts straight before you try to act like some high and mighty bitch. I guess it's not you're fault though, you probably have issues because you're parents left you to live with your aunt," Kim countered slowly. She saw Mackenzie clench her jaw tightly.

"At least I know who my father is and my mother isn't some cheap hooker," Mackenzie replied taking a step closer to Kim. There was a frantic knock on the door, but both girls ignored it. They were too busy trying to intimidate each other. Kim may have been much shorter than Mackenzie, but she wasn't worried. She'd seen Mackenzie fight and the most damage she ever did was scratching. Kim on the other hand could fight better than most men. Just ask Justin.

"My mom did a pretty good job in raising me. Too bad I can't say the same thing about yours. Your mom should've taught you that when a guy has no interest in you, the best thing you can do is back off," Kim said through gritted teeth. Any fool with a pulse knew Justin didn't like Mackenzie and it was obvious that she was infatuated with him.

"Well Justin seemed to like me when I sucked his dick in the limo," Mackenzie replied viciously. Kim's eyes widened slightly, but she quickly recovered, not wanting to let on that the statement bothered her.

"Seems to me like that's the only thing you're good for isn't it. I bet you've blown more boys than Jenna Jameson. Only difference is she gets paid to do it. You on the other hand will just do it for free like the little slut you are," Kim replied before pushing past the girl and unlocking the door. She opened it and was about to walk out when Mackenzie screamed out.

"Justin and I belong together and we will be together. He's my man," Kim turned around and looked at the other girl.

"If he's your man then why are you trying so hard to convince me that he is? I think you're desperate and you're trying to convince yourself," Kim countered before walking out. Mackenzie stood there for a moment with her arms crosses and watched as the door closed.

*********

Justin couldn't keep his eyes off Kim. That dress she wore tonight literally took his breath away. She looked perfect and the dress made her mouth watering curves look sinful. He watched as she made a dash towards the bathroom and had to keep himself from following her. Her ass taunted him with each step she took and her breast looked ready to pop out of that dress. He also had to restrain himself from beating the hell out of every straight male at the dance. Oh yeah he saw the looks they were shooting Kim when she walked past them and he didn't like it. She was his girl.

Justin watched Kim come out of the bathroom looked pissed. She quickly changed her expression in order to discourage people from asking if she was ok. He watched as she walked over to her table and take the hand of her date. He watched her lips move asking John to dance. He shook his head and got out of the chair before walking with her towards the dance floor. He looked over in another direction as Mackenzie walked over to him and sat down on his lap.

"Did you miss me?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Yeah," he replied, taking a sip from his glass of water. He looked over at Andrew who smiled very amused at the situation. Andrew knew everything that happened between Justin and Kim and knew that the only reason Justin asked Mackenzie to prom was to make Kim jealous. He thought that it was hilarious, especially since he caught Kim and Justin glance in each other's direction every two seconds. Too bad their dates were the innocent bystanders in this little war. Well maybe John, but anything that happened to Mackenzie wasn't a major issue. She deserved anything bad that happened to her. Like when she got Chlamydia during sophomore year.

"You wanna dance?" Mackenzie asked. Justin took another sip of the water which contained a small dose of vodka.

"Sure, let's go," he replied. He set the glass down on the table and she got off of him. They walked over to the dance floor and danced to the fast paced song together. Justin watched Mackenzie try to dance like some seductress, but her moves looked awkward and forced. He glanced over at Kim and John dancing together. They looked happy and he could honestly say he was jealous. The DJ quickly changed the song to "Boys" by Britney Spears and Mackenzie smiled brightly.

"Oh my god, I love this song," she exclaimed. 'I bet you do,' Justin thought to himself. They danced to the song while she tried to sing along to the lyrics. Unfortunately she sounded like some cat being strangled. He wanted to be dancing with Kim, not Mackenzie. Mackenzie continued dancing to the song until the DJ's voice boomed into the microphone.

"Ok, ladies and gentlemen grab your dates 'cause we're gonna slow things down a bit." After the announcement couples began slow dancing as the next song came on. Justin reluctantly grabbed Mackenzie's waist and brought her closer to his body. The sound of Secondhand Serenade's "Vulnerable" filled the room. He glanced over in Kim's direction and saw her swaying to the song with John. His eyes narrowed when he saw John's arms tighten around her waist as they moved closer together. Kimberly rested her head on John's shoulder and John smiled while whispering soothingly in her ear.

"Justin this is so wonderful," Mackenzie cooed in his ear. He felt a light tap on his shoulder and turned to see their principal looking at them through his thick glasses.

"Mr. Cook, Miss Myers you two look beautiful. After the song we're going to announce prom king and queen. Good luck," the man stated.

"Thank you, principal Corgan," Mackenzie said sweetly. When the principal left and walked towards another couple Mackenzie looked up at Justin.

"We're so gonna win prom king and queen. Oh, I should get ready. I'll be right back I have to go powder my nose," she stated.

"Umm ok," Justin replied. She quickly kissed his cheek and walked over to their table. She grabbed her purse and gave her girlfriends' air kisses before hurrying to the bathroom. "Good riddance," he said.

He glanced over in Kim's direction and was surprised to see her alone on the dance floor. He searched for her date and finally found him by the punch bowl talking with another teacher. This was probably the only chance he'd get. The only time he wouldn't have Mackenzie all over him and the only time John wouldn't be near Kim. He rushed over to her and grabbed her hand. Without waiting to see how she would respond he began dragging her out of gymnasium.

"What the hell?" Kim said. He didn't listen to her protest. She tried to tug her arm out of his grasp, but he tightened his hold on her. He rushed out of the gym and walked into the hall. He made his way down the hall, stopping at every door and twisting the knob. They were all locked. He remembered that the library wouldn't be locked, it was always opened. He dragged Kim towards the end of the hall to where the library was. He opened the door and brought her inside the dark library.

"Let go of my arm," she demanded when they got far enough into the library. He let her go and was about to say something when he felt her hand sweep across his face.

"Oww," he complained as he felt hot fire spread across his face. He turned look at her while flaring his nostrils and clenching his jaw, trying to make the pain go away. Kim didn't hit like a bitch and he knew that from past experience. She hit him again and watched in satisfaction as his face contorted in agony.

She stuck her finger in his face and said through clenched teeth, "You know, I've been itching to do that all week."

"I deserved that," he replied while rubbing his cheek. "Now that that's over, we need to talk," he continued.