Cobalt Blue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I continued to lightly scratch her back with my left hand and rub the back of her left hand with my right fingertips and let her continue her memory.

"After I graduated he tried to get me to go to work at the brewery with him but I told him I got a Criminal Justice degree because I intended to find a position in Law Enforcement. That did not go over well with him, law enforcement was "a man's job" and was not something his wife was going to do. I knew he had a controlling personality but what I didn't know, and wouldn't find out for nearly two more years, was that he was selling drugs through the brewery. Apparently he had been doing that for nearly as long as he had worked there and he certainly didn't want a police officer for a wife to jeopardize his enterprise."

I felt her head tilt so I turned enough to look into her eyes as she continued.

"So I know all about asking yourself 'How could I not see the clues, how could I miss that?"

I gave her a single nod of my head and she turned back to the more comfortable position she held a moment earlier.

"Despite the ever intensifying arguments I got a job with the department I had interned with and loved it. I did well, was promoted a couple times during the two years I was there. The arguments intensified, we fought. Physically fought. Eventually we had that one last fight, the one where he punched me in the face. Also the one where I beat him like a rented mule with my ASP Baton. I heard him spin his tires leaving the apartment parking lot then the siren immediately after. I never even looked out the window. I turned the ringer off on my cell phone, took the receiver off the apartment phone base then took a shower and went to bed. When I woke the next morning I called my Captain and asked for a week personal time to go home and take care of personal business. He told me to take all the time I needed and that he had a good idea what I needed to take care of. He told me that Brent was blue lighted by the City PD as he left the apartment and was arrested for DUI and when he was searched he was found to be in possession of a significant amount of illegal narcotics. My world evaporated, immediately I was terrified that I was going to lose my job and my P.O.S.T. Certification and everything I had worked for but my Captain assured me I had nothing to worry about. So I came home and stayed the week with my mom. We talked about my options and we talked about inane things when I couldn't stand to think about Brent. I talked to an attorney who started divorce procedures and I got a copy of the petition to carry back with me. I asked a favor of one of the Civil Division Deputies and had Brent served with the divorce petition in the jail. When he was able to manage a bond Brent must've decided it was in his best interest not to see me so he stayed away from the apartment while I was there. I got home from work one day and all his personal items were gone as well as the living room furniture. He didn't even leave me a TV or computer. I honestly decided it was a small price for me to pay to be rid of him."

She shifted onto her back so I rolled over onto my left side and folded my pillow double to prop my head up, making it easier to watch her face. I began rubbing my fingers along her abdomen as she continued speaking.

I lasted almost six more months, before the whispered rumors and the looks of suspicion became too much for me to ignore. The general consensus was that I couldn't have lived with Brent as long as I did and not know about his dealing and that I must've played a part as well, I just somehow managed to avoid being charged along with him and there were rumors about how I accomplished that feat as well. During one of my trips home to visit with mom I applied at the City PD and was called in for an interview the next day. When I explained my circumstances I saw that same look of doubt cross the Lieutenant's face and suddenly I wasn't so confident anymore. I told him that he should call my Captain at the Sheriff's Department and talk to him. The next week I got a call at my apartment asking when I would be available for a psychological and a physical and unless an issue arose from either exam I could begin work as soon as I worked whatever notice the S.O. would accept. Three weeks later I changed from a brown uniform to a blue one."

We lay quietly for a couple minutes and she spoke again.

"I've been divorced for eleven years and while I love to go out on dates I don't date."

"Well, I suppose I'm relieved to know that but I can't deny I'm a little confused at the same time. I mean, I can't imagine I'll want to date anyone, especially seriously, for some time if ever, and I'd be a fool to not want to spend time with you when we both can."

"Oh, like I told you the other day, you're going to be in high demand with several single women I know. And soon. But right now you're mine and I think it's time for round two."

She pushed me onto my back again and swung her leg across my hips, leaning down onto my chest and began kissing me. She raised her face away from mine and while we each gazed into the other's eyes she slowly sank onto my erection. When you join with a different person for the first time, the experience is exquisite and this was certainly not an exception to the rule. Stephanie rocked her hips, sliding me into and and nearly out of her pussy. When she began to lose her rhythm I reached up and drew her close to my chest then rolled us over until she lay on her back then I knelt between her thighs and continued the familiar motion she started several minutes earlier. I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers as her breathing deepened and grew more rapid. I searched out her tongue with my own and gently caught her left nipple between the thumb and forefinger of my right hand. My left hand stayed busy holding my weight off her chest. Suddenly, Stephanie drew a deep breath and held it, closed her eyes and opened her mouth in a silent scream as the rest of her body went rigid. I could feel my climax approaching, fast, but held off as long as possible, allowing her to ride her own to completion. When she began to relax and I was afraid I couldn't hold mine any longer I pulled my cock from her vagina. Stephanie's eyes jerked open and a expression almost like fear flashed across her face.

"What are you doing?!"

"I'm about to come and I'm not wearing a condom." I answered.

"Don't you dare pull out!"

I found her center again just in time to flood her with my ejaculate. The sense of euphoria was overwhelming. Once we both began to relax and our breathing began to slow I rolled to the side and Stephanie curled up against my left side once again, in what was apparently becoming our default reclining position.

"Yes, you need to start taking vitamins, you're going to need your strength. You might have to take the gate down out at the road. Then again, maybe you need to leave it up so you might be able to get some rest occasionally."

"OK, you keep hinting at something, go ahead and tell me."

She looked at me and grinned.

"I told you I don't date but I still like to play. I'm not the only person around who got burned in a bad marriage or serious relationship, there are several of us who've formed a bit of a loose group so we don't have to choose between being lonely or rolling the dice on another bad relationship. I don't know if we're technically swingers since we aren't in a relationship with anyone else but when someone gets lonely he or she just has to call one of the others to ease the tension."

"And how does that work for you?"

"Well, it isn't a perfect answer but I'm not sure there is a 'perfect answer'. Twice we've had people decide that they wanted to be exclusive and both couples are still together. We've had a couple people who couldn't handle the arrangement when their jealousy got the best of them after they decided they wanted one of the others only for themselves. Maybe they were the bad part of their bad relationship, I don't know but they didn't last long either. Right now we have a pretty good group, almost a couple dozen people. In fact, you've talked to a couple of the others already."

"Really? Who is it? Man or woman?" I chuckled

"Both, actually." She smiled. "A couple men and a woman."

"Well, who is the girl?"

"You'll see. If you decide you want to be part of the fun."

"So, was this some sort of audition or something?" I asked neutrally, not sure how to feel.

"Not really, I do think you'd fit in with at least most of the others and I think you'd enjoy yourself if you did, but if you decide this isn't what you want for yourself I hope you'll still welcome me because this has been the best evening I've had in years and I don't intend to stay away."

I smiled at her and hugged her close before reaching over and turning out the light.

"Goodnight, Boy Scout."

"Goodnight, Beautiful."

Chapter 13

I don't think either of us moved an inch during the night because when I awoke we both lay in the same position we fell asleep in. I tried to remember the last time I woke with a woman curled up against me and holding me in her sleep and the best answer I could come up with was 'Months'. It felt like a sin to disturb Stephanie but we both needed to get ready for work soon. I bent my face over and placed a kiss on her forehead. The action turned her contented expression into an unrepentant smile.

"Good morning, Boy Scout."

"Good morning, Beautiful."

"I could so get used to this treatment every morning. You better not spoil me too much, especially after my speech last night about my being the quintessential free-spirited loner."

She rolled onto her back and stretched her arms above her head, yawning.

"I wish we had time to play this morning but you and I both have to work today. And sooner than what's fair, too." I lamented.

Stephanie just looked at me and pouted.

"At least you brought clean work clothes so you don't have to rush home first."

"It doesn't take me long to learn a lesson so well taught.' She smiled.

We dressed while bacon cooked in the kitchen, filling the small trailer with its aroma.

"I know this isn't the best time to bring this up but last night was even worse timing and I need to tell you."

My fingers stopped manipulating the third button on the front of my shirt.

"I told you yesterday that I heard a rumor about you, while I'm sure you knew what the rumor was I didn't tell you who I heard it from."

I waited for Stephanie to finish.

"Sarah came into the office yesterday afternoon and asked to speak to the lead detective working the Realtor case. After she was pointed to my cubicle she said she wanted to confess to her part and offer to testify against the rest of the Real Estate Office. She gave me a written statement explaining how she got involved and what all she did to facilitate sales as well as how much Sutton paid her when she did meet with a man or men. She didn't ask for exoneration, in fact she said she wanted to admit to her bad choices and start her punishment. She said that her stupidity, her own words by the way, had hurt the only person she's ever loved and that as a result she had just signed away the only thing she held of value: her marriage. She admitted to having sex with five different clients, one of them on two separate occasions. She said she never had sex with Sutton, said he doesn't touch anyone other than his wife. Apparently he uses his established workers to recruit new girls to the "program". He's afraid he'll get in trouble for Sexual Harassment if he does it himself. Jessica was who brought Sarah in. Sutton's wife, Carmen, apparently provides ED medication to any man who needs a little nudge as well as distributes methamhphetamines, extasy and marijuana for a bit of side profit. The other girls aren't trusted with the medications. I talked to the D.A. before I left the office. We're going to meet today and go over our options. I'm telling you this because I need to know what you want to do to Sarah?"

"What do you mean? I don't have anything to do with your investigation."

"No, but still you were drawn mercilessly into the situation and she lied to you, betrayed you and you won't forget what happened. I think anyone would understand if you wanted to see her laying broken and burning in the ditch with no mercy from anyone."

"No, That's not me, I don't get any pleasure from her pain, I get no benefit out of her being destroyed, it won't undo what has happened. Y'all do what helps your case most, don't worry about me. Look around at this place, I'm already well on my way to healing already. Every day since I moved in here has been better than the last. I'm afraid to see what tomorrow might bring, I'm more afraid that if I blink it'll all go away and I'll wake up back in my old house."

"Well, what we discussed taking to the court is that in exchange for her testimony and her guilty plea for six counts of Prostitution, the D.A. recommends that for each charge Sarah be sentenced to twelve months in jail and one thousand dollars fine and the time to be served concurrently. Since she has no criminal history the D.A. recommends allowing her to serve her twelve months on probation and half the fine be suspended."

"What is Sutton facing?"

"We're still compiling charges for him. So far we're up to at least twenty-eight charges of Pandering, Facilitating or Soliciting Prostitution, Three counts of Maintaining a House of Prostitution, and we're still adding up drug charges. He's looking at several years in prison and a helluva high fine."

"So, she'll be facing a year probation and three thousand dollars fine for the charges, Sutton Real Estate won't survive this, I'm pretty sure of that, I'm also pretty sure Sarah will lose her Realtor's license, she's lost her house, her family and her previously good image with our friends. I'm sure that list is sure to grow. All for what? She got bored? She fell in love with more money? Power of holding something over me? Power of being able to control the men she was with? Why?"

"I think that if you really want to know the answers to those questions she'll answer if you ask. Just judging by her demeanor when we met yesterday. I think being caught broke her."

"Hmph, catching her damn-near broke me." I muttered under my breath.

"I think you're going to bounce pretty high now that you hit bottom."

"Yeah, I think I'm bouncing already." I grinned at her "Now tell me who in the group I met this week."

I had a suspicion but I wanted to hear her say it.

"Mickie" She smirked.

"Mickie Ramsey? From DFCS?" Not who I suspected (or hoped..) after all.

"Yep, she was hoping you'd offer to take her to lunch for your meeting yesterday."

"I'll be damned."

Stephanie finished getting ready to leave with a playful smirk on her face.

"I'll give you a call this afternoon to let you know what's happening with the D.A."

Having finished dressing and a quick breakfast we set out to meet the day.

"See ya' later Boy Scout."

"I think I've outlived that moniker by now, don't you?"

"Maybe, but I still like it when you call me 'Beautiful'." She said with that smile I was beginning to look forward to.

"Well I hope your day is even half as beautiful as you are."

"Nice..."

With her eyes sparkling, she leaned up and kissed me on the cheek then turned and I followed her out the door.

To be Continued?...

While this is a logical end to at least this part of the story (Sarah certainly faces repercussions for her heinous actions and Sean chooses not to be a willing cuckold. Sean has been offered a life that promises many new "benefits") there are many other characters who obviously aren't done yet. Samantha and Katey are the most obvious but I think there are many other players waiting in the wings for their stage introduction as well. I think Mickie is going to be a lot of fun and who else have we met who might know more about the "Group with Benefits"? No, I'm pretty sure we'll be back again soon with new story lines involving our new friends.

G.

1...345678