Colleen Takes a Lover

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,102 Followers

"David...David...honey, I know you're upset but you can't sleep like this. Come to bed, or go to the spare room if you don't want to be next to me. This is terrible for your back. I know you're angry with me but that doesn't change that I love you and will try to take care of you. Please."

David stirred awake, wiping the drool from his arm and mouth. He was disoriented, as often happens when one first awakens, and wasn't entirely sure that the events of earlier this evening weren't a nightmare. So he allowed himself to be led down the hall to their bedroom. She began undressing him and suddenly he remembered that it was all true, and he interpreted her removing his clothes as an attempt to seduce him, and he started to put up resistance.

"Stop, Colleen, stop."

"David, I'm just trying to you ready for bed."

"Please...stop..."

"Just another couple of buttons."

"DAMN IT, COLLEEN, GET YOURS FILTHY HANDS OFF OF ME!"

Colleen shrunk away. This wasn't the first time David had raised his voice but she could probably count the number of times it had happened in the last 25 years on one hand. She sat at her vanity, struggling to hold back her tears and being mostly unsuccessful.

"I'm sorry I raised my voice, Colleen, but you wouldn't stop."

"I just...I was just trying to get you undressed for bed. I wasn't trying to...do anything."

"I know. I just...I didn't like you touching me with hands that had been on another man's dick less than 24 hours ago."

"David, that's...okay, I guess I understand, but I really don't. I mean I've showered since then and washed my hands several times, but I understand that it's more in your mind that anything. I'm sorry, David. I'll leave you to it."

Colleen busied herself in other rooms of the house to allow David time to get himself into bed. Despite David's reaction, she really believed it was just a matter of waiting and eventually David would come to terms with this, so even as things seemed to be falling down around her she never considered ending her relationship with Ryan. If anything, she considered it a test of her strength and resolve and she was determined not to give up. After several minutes she peeked into the bedroom and saw David was fast asleep. She returned to bed and slept well.

<><><><><>

The next day was Wednesday and David worked late, or so he said, but at least he had the courtesy to let her know, even if it was via text instead of his usual phone call. She realized there was nothing she could do to help him work through this; at least, nothing more than she has already done. She now knew what she needed to say the next time they spoke.

<><><><><>

Thursday morning had her buzzing with anticipation as she and Ryan had plans to meet again. They had met at Starbucks yesterday morning and discussed how often and on what days they would meet. Mondays were out because of Ryan's busy schedule, and Colleen was unwilling to do Fridays or weekends because she didn't want to infringe on any time David might want to spend with her. That left Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. They also didn't want to do it too many times, nor too close together, so they decided, for now, on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Ryan's condo.

The meeting with her friends seemed like it was taking forever, and when it finally ended she practically sprinted from the building. She had to make an effort to obey the speed limit to make sure she didn't get pulled over. She once read or heard that cheating sex was the best sex. She wasn't sure if it was that or the thrill of a new partner after so many years, but Tuesday with Ryan had been the most intense orgasms she'd had in a long time.

She walked into Ryan's condo, the door having been unlocked as promised, and she was naked by the time she got to Ryan's bedroom. It helped that she hadn't bothered wearing panties today. Ryan was waiting on the bed in all his naked glory and, just like last time, she was so wet that foreplay was not needed. She climbed on and took in every inch without the slightest effort.

"Oh God, that's good!" she exclaimed.

Another spirited session lasting about 3 hours followed. It was fortunate that Ryan's schedule was flexible enough to allow them this time. Colleen again enjoyed countless orgasms. While she would never admit it, she believed Ryan to be a better lover than David, though this wasn't entirely a surprise. David was a faithful and dedicated husband, and he had geared his lovemaking toward making her happy. Ryan, on the other hand, had been with many women and had the opportunity to learn different skills, and he brought that to bed with Colleen.

Eventually it was time to leave and go back home. She checked her phone and found no messages so assumed David would be home around his usual time. As she dressed and then drove home, she considered what she intended to say to him tonight.

She showered and cleansed herself thoroughly, inside and out. She now knew this would be a tip-off to David but she had a plan for that as well. She dressed in her usual loungewear and waited for David to arrive home. He walked in the door just before 7:00pm.

"Good evening, honey."

"Colleen."

"Will you be eating my cooking tonight or should I just be concerned with myself?"

"I'm fine. I grabbed something on the way home."

"You know you shouldn't eat fast food. It's so bad for you."

"Yeah, well...I'll be in the office."

"David, when you have a few minutes, there's something I'd like to talk to you about."

"Okay."

He continued down the hall and closed himself into his office. Colleen busied herself with some research for the upcoming fundraiser they were planning, but as the evening wore on, it became evident that David had no plans to initiate the conversation she had requested. She closed down her laptop and walked to the office.

"David, can we talk now?"

"I suppose," he sighed.

Colleen took a seat in the spare chair in the office.

"Honey, despite what you may believe right now, I love you very much. I don't consider my new relationship to be of any consequence to our marriage, but I understand that you do. This is something that I believe I need, but it's also something that I want. I had hoped you would be more open and understanding, but it wasn't to be.

"What I want to say, David, is that I can be as patient as I need to be to allow you time to process this. I will still be here every evening and every weekend. I hope that we will spend time together and that we will make love as we always have, but if you prefer to spend the time ignoring me, well, then I guess I'll have to accept that. But I'll still be here and hoping we can find a way past this."

"So you plan to keep fucking Ryan?"

"Yes, I...wait..."

"Did you think it would be so hard for me to find out his name, Colleen?"

"No. I guess I just thought you'd prefer not to know it. Also, David, I want to apologize for the situation on Tuesday, where my midday shower made clear that I had been intimate with Ryan that day. The last thing I want to do is make you aware of when I'm meeting him, so I'm going to start showering every weekday afternoon. I assure you I am not meeting him that often but that way I will always be in roughly the same condition every day when you get home from work. I realize that's not perfect but it's the only thing I can come up with right now."

"And this is your final decision on this matter, Colleen? There's nothing I can do or say to convince you to end your relationship with Ryan?"

"I'm sorry, David, but no, there isn't."

"Well, I do appreciate your honesty, even if it isn't what I wanted to hear. I guess I just have to learn how to deal with it, then. Is that all you wanted to say?"

"Just that I love you, honey. I truly, truly do. And I hope that you can separate the love I feel for you from the physical need I have that Ryan fulfills."

David smiled wryly and nodded his head ruefully. Colleen waited several more seconds to see if there was anything else her husband wanted to say, then left quietly, closing the door gently behind her, when it became apparent there wasn't. She had been very anxious going into the conversation and wondered if she'd really be able to get through it, and was proud that she had managed, and that it had gone so well. She just knew David would be able to see her point of view, especially when he realized just how important it was to her and how little it actually affected their lives together.

True to her word, Colleen spent Friday evening and the entire weekend at home, with the exception of a few errands that needed to be run but none of those took longer than hour. She invited her husband to go with her, hoping his fears that this was an excuse to meet Ryan would be allayed, but he declined. They spoke as needed and she didn't sense any hostility from David, but no love or affection from him either. She allowed that he was trying to find a new normal and that would take time.

She tried to initiate lovemaking on Saturday night but David deflected all attempts, giving no reason, but Colleen knew what the reason was. She was not deterred, however, as she continued to believe it was all just a matter of time. There would be some rough spots ahead but soon David would see that everything would be okay.

Monday morning came and David was gone early. Colleen suspected this would go on for a while but that things would go back to normal. Showering in the middle of the day might prove to be inconvenient but it was a small price to pay to soothe David's feelings. She met with her friends and listened to them talk about their exploits over the weekend with their young men. She had enjoyed these stories over the years, and as her friends were talking she was reliving her time with Ryan in her mind. She could practically feel his big, hard cock pushing in and out of her, and she felt her heat rise. Gail noticed.

"Are you all right, Colleen? You're getting a little red in the face."

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just a little warm, is all."

She took a sip of her water and the moment seemed to pass. She tried to focus on the stories again but couldn't seem to keep Ryan out of her mind. Concerned about giving herself away, she instead forced herself to think about other things, and was pretty much successful.

After a Monday night with David that was the same as the weekend, Colleen prepared for her Tuesday with Ryan. She went without panties and removed her bra before the drive over to his condo. Ryan met her wearing a robe that quickly found its way to the floor, and the next thing Colleen knew her skirt was around her waist and she was bent over the back of the couch with Ryan pounding his cock into her pussy. He had given her no choice and no warning, and she reveled in the feeling of being taken.

They finally took a break about 90 minutes later. They had made their way to the bed and Colleen had just experienced a marvelous climax as Ryan ate her, which had been immediately preceded by her swallowing every drop he had fired into her mouth. They were now relaxing in each other's arms.

"I know your husband is off-limits, Colleen, but I feel I should ask how things are going at home. Do you feel as if you're in any danger?"

"Thank you for your concern, Ryan, but David isn't like that at all. He's having some trouble adjusting so things have been a little cold and distant lately. He seems to be avoiding me, though denies it."

"So you're still talking? Perhaps that's a good sign."

"In short phrases and only as necessary. I've assured him I love him and made sure I was there for him. It's just going to take time for him to realize that you're no threat to our marriage."

They spent another hour in more tender lovemaking before Colleen took her leave. She both bathed and showered to ensure all of her was clean, and then sat down to read her book while she waited for David to come home, or to send a message that he wasn't. He stepped through the door at 7:36pm.

"Hi honey. How was work?"

"It was fine."

"Would you like dinner tonight?"

"I had a late lunch. I'm fine."

"Is there anything you'd like to talk about."

"No. I'll be in the office."

"Okay. I'll be here if you need me...or want me," she added coquettishly.

"Duly noted."

The door closed softly and Colleen again found herself alone in the living room. She wondered how much of his time in the office was spent actually working and how much time was spent simply avoiding her. Nevertheless, she was determined to stick to her plan to allow him his space and time to see how little this would affect them, so she sat and took up her book again, confident she was doing the right thing.

And so it went for the next several weeks. Colleen continued to meet Ryan every Tuesday and Thursday, and the sex continued to be amazing and intense. Since her love life with David had always been varied, she had no concerns about giving Ryan something she had never given her husband; she had given him everything. Ryan offered to find a friend (of either gender) for a threesome, though Colleen declined. That wasn't the experience she was looking for.

Evenings and weekends with David continued in the same vein. They were civil to each other, speaking to each other as needed. Colleen offered dinner every night and every night David declined using one reason or another. David spent most every evening in his office, and Colleen spent her time reading, working on her responsibilities for the charity, watching TV, or browsing the internet. While there were times when the loneliness seemed ready to overwhelm her, she clung to her belief that she could have both a loving, engaged husband and a dynamic, attentive lover. This belief gave her the strength to fight through the lonely moments.

<><><><><>

It went on for 3 months before Colleen finally noticed a change in her husband. While his schedule hadn't changed, he was actually coming home in a good mood, even if it was a little later than usual on many nights. They began having dinner together a couple nights a week and sometimes spent time together watching an interesting program on TV or just sitting and reading. While they had not yet resumed their lovemaking, Colleen was certain this change in behavior signified a change in attitude on the part of her husband, so that was only a matter of time.

However, another 3 months passed and they seemed no closer to resuming physical intimacy. Also, they used to take occasional weekend trips to reconnect and there had been none of those either. It was almost like their relationship had reached the status of roommates, maybe friends, but then stopped progressing. And while she was glad things had progressed as far as they had, she was anxious for them to go even further. As marvelous as the sex was with Ryan (and it continued to be as amazing as ever), she didn't love him and she craved the lovemaking she experienced with David. I mean, with Ryan it was just sex but with David it was truly love, and she did miss it. She decided to address it directly that evening.

"David, I want you to know how much I appreciate your understanding regarding my relationship with Ryan. I know it hasn't been easy on you."

"Well, you left me little choice, Colleen."

"I know, and I'm sorry it came to that. But I'm still concerned about our lack of, well, any kind of sex life. You and I haven't made love since I first started seeing Ryan, and I miss it. I'm happy with how far things have come so far, but I'm wondering when we might take that next step."

"I suppose I haven't expressly told you this, Colleen, but I really have no intention of having sex with you as long as you are meeting Ryan, and you continue to do so."

"David, that's ridiculous. I always make sure I'm very clean for you. There's no reason at all for us to not have sex."

"I know you see it that way, but I don't. I refuse to share my wife. It's that simple. It's me or him."

With that final statement, David got up and went to get ready for bed. Colleen considered this turn of events. She hadn't expected David to simply cut them off. Actually, when they made love those two times when she first started seeing Ryan, she thought perhaps her having a lover would spur David on, give him something to compete against. That wasn't why she was doing this, but considered that it may be the proverbial icing on the cake. The prospect of not making love to David when she had a lover was not a possibility she had even considered. But he couldn't hold out forever. She just had to have faith in her plan and she was sure it would all work out.

Colleen decided to ramp up the pressure a little bit, but indirectly. Thus far she had been keeping a respectful distance and giving David a chance to come to terms with things, but that was based on her belief that he would eventually resume their own sex life. With his announcement that he planned to withhold his affection as long as Ryan was in the picture, her plans changed.

She would turn up the tease factor. She would become more physical with him, like rubbing her body up against him. She would wear skimpier clothing to bed, or maybe none at all. She had never been a nude sleeper, but that was about to change. Yes, she was going to make it very difficult for him to resist her, and as soon as he gave in once, there would be no reason for him to turn her down any longer. This plan couldn't fail.

Except that it did. Over the next 2 months, Colleen did everything she could think of to entice her husband to sample her wares, and not only didn't he go for it, he didn't seem to be even close.

She wore next to nothing and bent over nearly every piece of furniture she could find. Nothing.

She rubbed her naked body against him in bed. Nothing.

She even put herself on display, playing with herself using one of her dildos when he came to bed. All he did was ask her if she was going to be much longer because he'd go sleep in one of the guest rooms if she was. Nothing worked.

By the time she abandoned this part of her plan it had been 8 months since they last made love. Her physical needs were certainly being taken care of by Ryan, but she was definitely missing the emotional needs that making love to David fulfilled and was becoming very frustrated.

She maintained the status quo for another month, and then finally decided to just make the most of whatever it was that David would offer. If he didn't want to have sex with her because of her relationship with Ryan, then that was his loss. If he wanted a sexless relationship, then that is what they would have. She would express her love for him in other ways and take from him whatever he gave.

It was that fateful decision that started them down their final path.

It was a warm Wednesday morning as Colleen parked her Lexus outside her husband's building. She picked up her purse, signed in at the guard's desk, and again made her way up to the 7th floor. It had been some time since she had been here during the day, and she had forgotten how the office bustled. Teri, David's longtime receptionist, caught sight of her as soon as she stepped off the elevator.

"Mrs. Lynch! It's so good to see you again. It's been some time since you've come to see us."

"Hello, Teri. It's good to see you as well. Is he in his office?" she asked, already starting to walk that way.

"Oh, yes ma'am, but can I ask you to hold on. They're working with confidential documents this morning so I'm to announce anyone that's here."

"Of course."

Teri picked up the phone and dialed David's extension.

"Mr. Lynch, your wife is here to see you."

Colleen couldn't make out the response, though could hear her husband's voice coming through the handset. The brief conversation ended.

BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,102 Followers