Coming Home Ch. 01

Story Info
Chloe and Wayne explore their feelings for each other...
8.3k words
4.03
5.6k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jroseemi
jroseemi
145 Followers

***You need to read Catching Feelings before you read this one, or else some of the situations will be lost to you.***

~~~After Jeremy is Arrested~~~

Chloe Wright walked in the hallway that led to the dance rooms of KSU, wanting to release some of the stress she was feeling in the only way she knew how. She had no trouble finding an empty room that she could practice in, as it was a little later at night. The sun was just barely on the horizon when she had come into the building. She didn't bother to close the door as she walked over to where the sound system was and hooked up her phone to it so the room could be swathed in music.

She slipped on her ballet shoes, which were a light pink color and well worn. She was wearing pale pink tights and a black leotard, while a dark purple sheer skirt that went down to her knees finished off her look. She had pulled her blonde hair up into a perfect bun atop her head, with her bangs framing her face in light curls.

After she was ready, she pulled up her dancing playlist on Spotify and started it before moving to the middle of the room, facing the mirrors. Chloe had been dancing all of her life, after her parents put her into dance when she was only three years old. She didn't want to make a career of it, because it was so hard on the body and she knew her mother would lose her mind trying to control it, but she also never wanted to cease dancing either.

She let the music move through her as she began to dance. These songs were more contemporary, though she always threw ballet moves into her contemporary or jazz dances. Her body moved in fluid motions and she let the emotions of the songs play along her body and face as she danced, lost to the music entirely now. The entire football team could run a play in the room and she wouldn't even notice it.

Wayne Davis could often be found walking back to the dorms from the gym in the later hours of the night. He had always had to work extra hard for what he wanted out of life, so he counted the gym as no different. He often heard music coming from the dance building but seldom gave it any thought, but tonight the music was an eclectic hip-hop remix and he was curious about the track, so he angled himself toward the building, curiosity winning out.

Many of the rooms were closed or empty, but the one he could hear the music coming from had the door opened and the lights on. When he came up to the door and looked in, he could see Chloe dancing in what was a mix of styles, similar to the way the music was. For such a short woman, she made herself seem taller and larger than life as she moved along the room in spins and leaps. Seeing her dancing, Wayne forgot all about the track. He sat down right in the doorway and just watched her fluid movements.

Chloe ended in a pose on the ground when the music ended, and she stayed that way for a moment, breathing heavier than she normally would as she had been dancing for a while. There was a sheen of sweat on her skin where Wayne could see it. She turned the playlist off and then turned around and noticed Wayne there, looking at him in surprise.

"I think you've gotten lost, Mr. QB," she told him.

"I was wondering about that track you were listening to, then I got distracted," He said, laughing a little nervously as he stood up.

Chloe chuckled at that and pulled up her playlist to show him the name of the song. "I like to dance to remixes or covers. It works because I've learned quite a few different styles of dance, like ballet, jazz, contemporary, and hip-hop."

"So I saw. You're really good!" He wrote down the name of the track and the artist so he could pull the music up himself later and sneakily memorized her Spotify username so he could check out the other music she listened to.

"Thanks," she said with a smile. "Mom wanted me to make a career of it, but it destroys your feet and knees over time, as well as her just being too much like a crazy momager for that..."

"I feel that. So what do you want to do with your life?" he asked.

"I'm in school for social work," she replied. "I thought I would work in group therapy situations or hospital psych wards doing music therapy. I have also considered teaching dance. What about you? Is football a life goal or just a means to an end?"

"Much like dance, it takes a toll on the athlete. It's always best to enjoy it as a means to a different end. My short term goal is to get into the NFL, but I'm a marketing major and I want to make sure I market my own brand well enough that I can do other things once I'm done. I'd like to find some way to help people who grew up like me not have to work so hard at it, but that's a long-term goal that still needs developing," he answered, a little surprised that she'd pulled so much out of him with a simple question.

"It's an admirable goal though, and considering how determined you seem to be about your goals in school, I'm sure you'll succeed," she commented as she pulled her golden hair out of its bun. It fell down around her shoulders and back in soft curls and Wayne could see in the light that it had some red in it. Because they were standing close, Wayne could catch just the slightest scent of citrus on her.

He audibly sniffed, "Girl, why do you smell like a snack? Is that a perfume or...?"

Chloe looked up at him and smirked. "It is, yes, though I'm surprised the sweat doesn't cover it up now."

"Well, unless your sweat smells like lemon scones, it didn't get covered up. Makin' me hungry over here." Wayne said with a smile.

"Sadly, the only snack in the room is me," Chloe joked with a laugh. "But I think the cafeteria might still be open."

"Wanna grab a bite?" Wayne offered, moving out of the doorway in case she wanted to get by.

She grabbed her bag and turned back to him before turning off the light in the room. "I would love to. Does football season mean a specific diet?"

"I usually eat a lot of protein and carbs during the season to help me bulk up and then slim down in the post-season," Wayne said.

"Well I suppose being able to eat carbs is nice," Chloe replied as they walked toward the student center. "I keep my diet to proteins and veggies. Carbs are a treat, though since I stopped dancing full time I enjoy pasta more often. The things we do for our sports."

"Honestly, carbs tear me up but I burn through so many calories while I practice and play that I would die on a vegetarian diet. Is your diet a lifestyle choice or...?" Wayne asked.

"Oh, I do eat meat, but not a ton of it," she told him. "Red meat, some chicken, and lean fish. More fish than anything else. It's mostly because of the needs of the body when you dance, and I've been dancing more since Jeremy's arrest. It's calming for me. I can get lost in the music and let my emotions out in a healthy and safe way, rather than taking off my earrings and ready to beat someone's ass, you know?"

"Oh, I think both are kinda hot, but I'm attracted to crazy," Wayne admitted.

"Oh really?" she said as she looked at him sideways, though it was good naturedly. "That's true, you have seen me taking earrings off twice now, and you're still walking to the student center with me. Are you sure you haven't hit your head too many times?"

Wayne shook his head, then stopped and listened, making a noise like marbles spinning around a bowl. "Maybe I have, but that's okay. Concussions are good for building character, according to coach."

"Well, you certainly have character, and I rather like it too," she admitted, looking back up at him. "You're very quick in your thinking on the field too. That was what first got my attention, actually. That and your ass looks great in those pants."

"What? My uniform pants? Nobody's ass looks good in those things," Wayne laughed.

"We'll have to agree to disagree there, Davis," Chloe said as they went into the student center and to where the food was. They focused on getting their food and paid for it before finding a seat. The place still had a few stragglers trying to catch a meal but it was fairly empty as they sat down. "There's something about men in uniforms. I don't know. Maybe you don't see it because you're a straight man."

"Eh, I've seen women in uniforms too." Wayne said, "They're usually unappealing in any kind of satisfyingly sexy way, which is generally the idea for uniforms. I think of them as work-wear. I'd far rather see what someone wears when they're trying to look nice, or just hanging out around the house, y'know?"

Chloe couldn't help but laugh a little at the two different images in her head. "My hanging around the house is far different from my trying to dress up and look nice. I live in leggings and sweaters at home, or shorts in the summer. I never knew Ohio could get so damn hot and humid until I moved here for school."

A few of the football players had come in to grab some food after workouts, and they said their hellos to Wayne. One of the men on the defensive side, who had been a real ass to Jimmy, named Jones, looked from Chloe to Wayne with a look that said he wasn't impressed with Wayne's choices there.

"Got a problem, Jonesy?" Wayne asked without getting up, his tone dangerous.

"Not at all, Davis," Jones replied. "I just don't know how I'd feel about someone's sloppy seconds, you know? Or is it more like the team's sloppy fifteenths? I've lost track."

"Keep it up and you'll lose some more teeth, Jonesy," Wayne said cheerfully, putting his tray to the side and setting his feet under the table, all of the relaxation gone out of his posture.

Jones just smiled at Wayne and then went to get into line for food. Chloe was watching the man leave, her eyes narrowed. Wayne leaned over to her, "Little does he know, I was getting ready to try to hold you back so he could get away. Poor guy has built up way too much of coach's character, if you get my meaning."

"Oh, is that why he's like that?" she asked him. "It's too bad, really, his face would look nice with a few claw marks on it. It definitely couldn't hurt him. For the record, though, the rumors of my exploits are greatly exaggerated. I think I've made out with three guys on the team, and slept with all of two, and Jones was never in the running for any of it."

"Ah," Wayne nodded, "Sour grapes, then. It's too bad for him. Honestly it doesn't matter to me if you slept with the whole team at once, your sexual exploits are only a part of your story, and I want to hear all of it."

For the first time since Wayne had met her, Chloe looked a little unsure as she considered that. She stabbed at her broccoli a little bit. "It's not all happy or bright. We may grow up with a lot of privilege, but we grow up with a lot of...harsh discipline too."

"That sounds terrible. I'm sorry you went through that," Wayne said sympathetically.

Chloe shrugged, like it wasn't a big deal at all. "It's just the way it works, I guess. My mother gets really mad during arguments and it makes her lash out. Ethan's dad does similar things. Jeremy has never been hit but his dad has said some pretty awful things, especially when he got outed. Maybe it's just the cost of growing up wealthy? I don't know."

Wayne looked thoughtful. "Seems like a shitty price to pay for any kind of upbringing. It's not like you asked to be born, let alone into privilege. Parents should be trying to give their kids a better life than the one they have, always. If that means you have money and privilege, then your goal should be not to pass along generational traumas along with it. Or at least that's my understanding of it."

"Good luck telling that to some of our families though," Chloe grumbled. "I've always wanted kids, and I've considered in what ways I won't be like my parents. I never want a hand laid on them in anger, and I want to encourage them to do whatever makes them happy, you know? And if they are gay, then I'll buy the whole rainbow for them if I can."

Wayne smiled, nodding along. "That all seems like generally good parenting to me," he said.

"I hope so," she commented. "But first, I figure out making my own way in life, that doesn't rely on my parents anymore. Are you close with your family?"

"Mostly," Wayne said, "My father played sports in high school but had to take a job at the steel mill when mama got pregnant, so he gave up a lot to make sure his kids wouldn't have to. He doesn't work at the mill any more, but he makes enough to pay for him and mama. I got a full ride here, barely, so I've been trying to keep my nose clean and work hard in school so I can keep that full ride. I don't want to graduate with debt."

Chloe smiled at him. "I'm impressed, honestly. Over half the college kids you meet are just about partying and having a good time, which I think kind of defeats the purpose sometimes. I've spent enough time dating some of those types, and it gets old really fast too. I'm really serious about my studies, and it's hard to feel like you're on equal footing with someone who isn't."

"I feel that," Wayne sympathized, "It's why I haven't dated in college. It's hard to find someone as dedicated to building a future as you are, so you just avoid it. I tried the casual thing early in my freshman year and found it just wasn't for me. No judgment on anyone who enjoys it, though."

Chloe chuckled. "It was fine for a while. My ex, who was my high school sweetheart, dumped me for another girl when we went off to college. He'd always been so concerned about how many guys had ever touched me before him, so I thought, why the hell not? I'll let every guy who seems good enough touch me, and I have. But...I don't know. Something about seeing the way Jeremy has been with Jimmy. It makes me want more."

"They are adorable," Wayne agreed.

"They really are," she said with a happy sigh. "Though I was ready to destroy the entire football team if Jimmy messed with him. Why did your whole lot pick up Jimmy after he kissed Jeremy, anyway? Back at the club that first night."

"Well, it's traditional to carry the MVP on your shoulders after a big game, but there were also some unsavory types who looked like they wanted to get involved in someone else's business, so we threw in our support in the most football way possible," Wayne answered.

"That's far sweeter than it looked at the time," she admitted. "I'm glad most of your team has been accepting, even if Jones is a colossal ass wart."

"That's an insult to ass warts everywhere," Wayne commented.

"Yes, you're probably right," she giggled.

"The ass warts are going to require a full and heartfelt apology," Wayne said.

"I'll work on writing one out tonight, just in case they think I'm ungracious or something," she replied, then she looked at the time on her phone.

"Turning into a pumpkin, Cinderella?" Wayne asked, picking up his bag and getting ready to walk her back to her room. "Would you mind if I accompanied you to your door? There seems to be an unsavory sort about this evening and I may need my virtue protected."

Chloe giggled at that and grabbed her bag before taking his arm. "Well, then, I'd hate to leave you when I could protect you."

The two of them walked and talked some more as they headed toward the apartment that Chloe shared with Ethan on the edge of campus. It was a fairly nice building, though definitely not the newest in the area. She pulled out her key when they got to the door to their apartment and turned to look at him.

"It was really nice getting to talk to you like this," she commented. "I had a lot of fun."

"I'm glad you were rocking that track!" Wayne responded, "It was fun watching you express yourself in ways that don't involve bloodshed. We should do this again sometime."

"Yes, we should," she agreed. "Though maybe next time I'll wear normal clothes instead of dance clothes."

"I mean, live your own life, I guess..." Wayne said, laughing. "Maybe I'll wear something other than gym clothes. Would chaps be going too far or not far enough?"

"Hmm, that depends," she giggled. "If you wear the chaps, I'll wear some of the outfits and makeup my parents would throw a fit over, and I'll make sure they're leather too."

Wayne looked thoughtful, then said, "It's a deal! Do you know how to dance like a hick? We do that a lot here in Ohio."

"I can't say I do, but maybe you could teach me? If you teach me, I'll teach you a little ballet. It's supposed to be great for footballers on the field," she told him. "Makes you more nimble and light of foot."

"Lord knows I need to be more nimble and light of foot," Wayne said, rolling his eyes dramatically then winking.

"It's just an offer, Mr. QB," Chloe replied as she unlocked the door and opened it. "Besides, I can teach up close and personal."

"Oh, is this who has been keeping you out all hours of the night?" Ethan asked as he came out into the living room.

"It's not even nine yet," Chloe grumbled at him.

"So sorry, Mrs. Wright, I'll try to have your precious daughter home at a more reasonable hour next time!" Wayne said over her shoulder before asking her, "May I offer you a kiss good night, or is it too soon?"

"Good lord, next he'll be asking for her virginity!" Ethan said and Chloe threw something from her bag at him before he disappeared down the hallway toward his own room.

"Is it too late to get that back?" Wayne asked, indicating her virginity, not the object she had thrown.

"I believe so, yes," Chloe replied, while Ethan called out, "Most definitely!" before his door shut.

"Excuse him, he's an entire moron," Chloe grumbled before smiling at Wayne again. "No, it's definitely not too soon for a kiss goodnight."

Wayne smiled then kissed her sweetly, his hands coming up to her face and neck briefly before he broke the kiss early enough to leave her wanting more and thanked her for a wonderful evening. She watched him walk down the hallway and disappear before she closed and locked the door.

"How adorable," Ethan said as he opened up his door again.

"Would you go away?" she asked him and picked up what she had thrown, getting ready to throw it again.

"Sure. Besides, if I'm your mom here, then I need to go tell Daddy Jeremy," Ethan said to her.

"Don't ever call him that again," Chloe groaned. "And don't you dare tell that nickname to Jimmy, because he'll use it just to punish us."

Ethan grinned at that. "That's kind of an odd outfit choice for a date, isn't it?"

She glared at him before she untied the skirt around her waist and moved back toward her room, with him following behind. "It wasn't technically a date. We ran into each other at the music building, and decided to get dinner at the student center."

"And then he walked you home," Ethan pointed out.

"It's called being a gentleman, Ethan Lucas. Maybe you could stand to learn from him," she chided.

Ethan snorted a little, noting the use of his middle name. "I'm not looking to be a gentleman with the women I see, Chloe Alinna. Besides, I'm not talking down about Wayne. I'm just noting that he did, in fact, walk you home like a gentleman, and you seem rather smitten."

Chloe gave him a wry smile. "I guess you owe Jeremy money then."

"I'm not even mad," Ethan laughed, and she shook her head before heading into the bathroom to get a shower before going to bed. The sweat had cooled and dried on her body but she wanted to get clean before she laid down for the night.

As she went to sleep that night, she thought about that kiss from Wayne. She wasn't used to going slow with men anymore, and a part of her was impatient about it, but another part of her liked the build up. That slow burn allowed feelings to deepen before they got intimate, which is why Chloe had always avoided it through all of her previous trysts after Max had broken up with her. She'd been crushing on Wayne for a little too long to just ignore it now though.

jroseemi
jroseemi
145 Followers